PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #31  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Hey!! I was in such a funk today. Slowly going down the depression ladder. Ugh! It sucked and the weather wasn't helping. But I did get out and walked 2 miles with my friend. Planning to go out again tomorrow. Hope tomorrow is better =]
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #32  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Nico: Glad you went for a walk. Have you been seen for the depression?

My check in:

Had a small outbursty thing but Dad is calm again.

House declutter is not going as fast as I want, but there's small progress.

Same for me -- lost 2 lbs. I'm not sure it will stick around but something is better than nothing and I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe I'm on it again with the food logging. See endoc tomorrow, so hoping labs are ok.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

My weight is slowly going back down again. I'm doing all my exercise and trying to eat as many whole foods as possible. I've been reading on recipes on how to make things at home that don't take a lot of time but are a millions healthier than buying a jar of this or a can of that.

I was also looking at crock pot recipes yesterday.

Looking at my food diary entries, I know I'm not eating enough protein so I need to figure out a way to do that.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #34  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Just got home. All solid except a bit high on the triglycerides and a few hormones that I think are the liver but I forgot. So now I have to look it up again. Main prob is still weight loss. Blood sugar and all the rest (including previous Vit D and B12 deficiencies) are great.

So I'm off to look that one thing up, plan menus, and do something active sometime today. I don't care how long or how short. Anything. Even Wii!

A.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Just got home. All solid except a bit high on the triglycerides and a few hormones that I think are the liver but I forgot. So now I have to look it up again. Main prob is still weight loss. Blood sugar and all the rest (including previous Vit D and B12 deficiencies) are great.

So I'm off to look that one thing up, plan menus, and do something active sometime today. I don't care how long or how short. Anything. Even Wii!

A.
Astrophe -- it 's probably the liver and it's probably showing signs of NAFLD. I had the same thing happen when my trigs were high and I even had an MRI done to see how far it had progressed. If this is the case, it's a question of improving your diet (yay!) and really not eating any refined carbs and increasing your exercise levels.

Glad everything else looked great!!!!

Today, I'm feeling much better. I have an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow that I might cancel. I wanted to see one because I'm doing cycling and I don't know how to feed myself with that much exercise, but I think I might just do trial and error and then when I really can't, then go see one. I don't know yet.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #36  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks! Yes it's the non fatty liver -- I have had it pop up and disappear and I can't quite nail the diet to keep it away.

I guessing it popped up again because of holiday eats? We'll see my next round of labs if I can get that one down.

But I'm pleased the rest of my lab things are on track. Now it really does boil down to doing something about my schedule so I can exercise regularly.

It always comes back to that. I talked to DH about it to see how he can help free up some of my time. It's been getting better but I still feel kinda crazy.

Both the nurse and the doc asked about my dad. It was kind of them to ask and remember that we've been having so many eldercare problems. Sigh.

Hope things work out (however you decide) on the nutritionist appt.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-26-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #37  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Astrophe - Yup. I take pills for depression but they don't always seem to help & the half of the time I forget to take it. I've been making sure to get out of the house to walk & exercise. So I'm feeling a lot better. Just need to get back into my crafting mood. Thank you! =]

I'm still training for my 5K. I have a very supportive friend and an awesome sister that gets me out there to run. Haven't lost weight just gained some. Hope it's muscle. Ugh!
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: See tracker

I'm glad to see everyone doing ok I check into the exercise thread often but not the support thread.
I lost almost 5 lbs last week but this week I'm up almost 2 because of TOM. Hope its gonna go away on the next weigh-in.

How many pounds do you ladies gain when its TOM?
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #39  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I gain 5+!

Bloat-o-rama!

A.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 199/165.8/155

Update: Got my TOM finally... but really sometimes I wonder at all why I even want it. My TOM is awful, I feel like a crazy person when I get it, it lasts 10 days and is extremely painful. I feel so frustrated b/c I am trying to be functional and do mind over matter for the pain uh its so frustrating. I find my period to be so debilitating. I find it hard to exercise because its so painful, when I know exercise would be the best remedy. Plus all I want is sugar/chocolate. Gain almost 4 lbs back in 4 days While I don't want to go on birth control (tried many makes me super emotional), is there anything you ladies do for your TOM to make it not as terrible?
Dashing Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Who's here this month?

I am. Going to try and make it every month

How are you?
Ok, just very exhausted, kids are sucking the energy out of me. Couldn't believe what my weigh in number was this morning I don't even remember the last time I was that weight. Just for some reason am not as happy as I should be lol I think I am still in shock and disbelief. I can't wait to go down another size.
How was last month and all the holidaying? Not too bad, weight was slow to come off but I am moving on full speed ahead. CAn't cry over spilled milk.

How's your PCOS management going? Noticing small changes here and there with the weight loss, feels like my face looks somewhat normal, taking biotin for hair loss noticed it helps a little, now waiting to see if my period will come on its own on time and how long it will last

What are you working on this month? Losing 6-8 lbs
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #42  

Come on over to the February thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...rt-thread.html