PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'5

Default January..

•Who's here this month?
I am new here. My name is Tonya
•How are you?
I am doing well, just reached the 20 pounds lost goal I posted for myself, now I just need to lose the next 80. I also have a new job propect, and I ended a crippling relationship. So 2012 is looking great so far.
•How was last month and all the holidaying?
I actually didn't gain any weight over the holidays which is awesome. I had a grat vacay with family.
•How's your PCOS management going?
I am having a hard time losing weight at a normal rate and i have not seen any progress with the excessive hair growth.
•What are you working on this month?
further weight loss and eating right.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ttwllms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #17  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

ttwllms --

Congrats on the first 20 lbs! WTG!

CHECK IN

Ok, I saw the allergist and got my shots and then got some fruit. I was having a wigginz with cookies. I got them for DH but I like those too so I had a binge. I do better when I get him snacks I do not like. Then there isn't even the temptation to raid his junk food basket!

I feel craaaazy PMS and I wish period would just HURRY UP because the cravings sweets is killing me. Ugh.

I'm off to clean the kitchen and remove any junky food, make a few dishes so it is already there so there's no excuse to go off the path into cookie land again. Sigh.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-10-2012 at 10:24 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Tonya!

All this exercising (back on my daily habit again) is causing me to retain water (scale is up) and to be tired in the mornings. I'm getting 8 hours of sleep, but my body is crying out, "What? Exercise? I thought you were done with that $%^@!"

Oh body, if you only knew what was coming down the line....

Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #19  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Hi my name is Amalia and I HAVE YOU MISSED THIS PLACE SOOOOO MUCH! I feel like I come and stay for like a week and go away. But now that my mom is in school for a bit I can actually check in.

ASTROPHE - How are you?!?! =]

Who's here this month?
Me! I am back .... again.
How are you?
I am actually WONDERFUL! Thank you for asking =]
• How was last month and all the holidaying?
It was great. Was at my sister's for Christmas.
• How's your PCOS management going?

I could be doing a lot better. So, I am here for help and support and all the great stuff this group provides.
• What are you working on this month?
So many things. I am training for my very first 5K. That will be in March. I can't believe it but I am SUPER excited and can't wait to cross that finish line. I am also trying to lose this weight FINALLY because we are really trying for a baby this time. Before we were sort of trying but now we really are trying and want a little bundle of joy. Have the support of friends and family and I am looking forward to this journey. Plus, I can't quit because my sister is one of the mentors in the group I just joined yesterday. LOL Oh I can't wait! But thats pretty much it.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #20  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Welcome back!

I'm hanging in there -- Dad is more stable so eldercare isn't stressing me out as bad as before.

MY CHECK IN

YAY! Today I stayed on food plan, got TOM and avoided all cookies. My goodness -- the time right before TOM I get sweet cravings something fierce! I'm relieved to be on the other side now. I can calm down. Whew.

A.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Checking in today with a wonderful weigh in! After weeks of stalling, I'm down 4.5 pounds in 8 days, happy dance!! Looks like my body is finally letting go of whatever it was holding onto!!

Having a horrible, miserable period, my first in months since I just started bc. I will be sooo glad when this is over.

Hope you all have a great weekend
Buutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #22  
Newmeb440

Height: 5'6 1/2

Morning Everyone
Checking in..
Well Since the 26 I have lost.. 6.8 pounds. 2.5 weeks.. I guess thats not too bad!!
So I am up ( Happy Friday) Going to walmart get some supplies. Then home to walk 3 miles. and then clean the house!!
Hope everyone has an awesome day.

Grace
LOSINITWITHGRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #23  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Good morning ladies!

Yesterday I had 1 great workout & 1 semi good workout. During the day I tried to walk but stopped to help a kid catch his neighbors down that got out. Bah! So at night my friend & my sister got to walk downtown & did that for 65 minutes.

Saturday I will be running my first mile so I'm looking forward
To that =]
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 199/165.8/155

Default Hi Ladies.

Ok Re-posting clearly I'm still writing the wrong year on my checks too eek.

• Who's here this month?
Hi It’s me way late, but been really busy, getting ready to go back to school and looking for a job.

• How are you?
I’m doing ok been struggling with working out, and weight I always gain weight when I workout but I lose inches… still trying to deal with the thought of gaining weight to be thinner. Finally Broke my plateau with the weight!!! 165.8! It took forever and I don’t want to let the lower weight go.

• What are you working on?
I’ve been really focused on getting healthy been taking my vitamins, set a goal to work our atleast 3-4 days a week I think that is manageable. And been sticking with the low carb I found I am getting the best results because of the low carb if I stick with it especially at dinner I find the largest loss.

• How was last month? How's your PCOS management going?
Last month was a crazy nightmare, I had my period 3 separate times all the way through the new year, the last time was by far the most painful I didn’t even want to get out of bed, talk about a holiday ruined.
Dashing Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #25  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Just a quickie -- I'm 3/3 this week. Today will decide it -- if I come out this week meeting the daily -500 calories thing or coming above. Right now it's a draw thanks to the PMS cookie freakout.

But I'm content with that and will try hard to have today tip it over to the "on track more than not" side.

I'm also glad to even be tracking again. Doing my doc thing, and got my hip/leg thing looked at so I can exercise again.

Go me! Baby steps, but moving forward!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-14-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #26  

Who's here this month?
I'm new as well, or at least I havn't been here for a few years.

How are you?
Better than I have been for the last few years, excerciing heaps and eating on plan (high protein/low carb low calorie as I have had a VSG).

How was last month and all the holidaying?
For the first time since I had wls I gained 2kg (4.4lbs), from grazing on junk and three days of drinking 3-4 glasses of alcohol. That was an awful shock and I have worked extremley hard to get them off again.

How's your PCOS management going?
Fine I guess. Weight and occasional coarse hair are now my only issues. For the first time in several (4?) years I have gone back to taking 2000mcg Metformin ER and I am pretty sure it is the only reason I am loosing weight now as diet/excercise does not do it for me. Or at least with the combination of the new thyroid medication I am on.

What are you working on this month?
Sticking to plan with diet and exercising at least 6.5 hours per week (3 x weights training, swimming laps every day, horse riding, treadmill and elliptical.
move2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #27  

My check in this week...

I'm struggling. I've had family visiting for the holidays (they finally leave!) and it's been one excuse after another to eat out and eat unhealthy.

I've been exercising, but like they say on here, you can't exercise poor eating habits and that's exactly what I have right now.

And it's frustrating because it's just bad HABITS... bad behaviors, which can be corrected, but I am struggling (lazy?) to have fixed it back on January 2nd and annoyed that I have to fix it now, and I hate seeing the scale move UP, rather than down.

Argh. I know it's worth it. I know it is. I just wish it was easy.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 AM   #28  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Just a quick check in -- got my allergy shot and popped in at the library today. Picked up some books about bipolar (my dad) and then prediabetes/IR (me) so I could have some health reading.

Pretty ok day but tomorrow I want to make some dishes ahead so I don't have to worry about it the next few days.

Like a quiche made for my breakfasts or some soup for lunches.

I tend to stray if I don't have good food handy and that's an area I want to work on.

A.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #29  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Doing ok for myself -- Mom called me up and Dad is on a roll again. He's not SO bad that he's pitching a fit, but he's pretty cranked up. Sigh.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

A.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #30  

I'm feeling highly emotional and I wonder if it's because I've lowered my carbs.

Carbs in our diets give us serotonin boosts and I wonder if this was a shock, I went down too quickly, rather than gradually...

Eh, I know I'll be fine in a few days.