PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #1  

Angry New here

Well hello all I sort of stummbled on this website when doing some research on different meds and such for weight loss for women with pcos.

Let me give a little about myself. I am 24 years old and the mother of two beautiful little girls one is 18 months and the other is 2 months. Both have been born by c-section and at my last one I had my tubes tied and during the surgery they found a benign tummor on my right ovary and removed it. I was finally told I PCOS when I was 19 years old.....wow the doctors finally caught up with what I knew. I was a normal sized child till I hit puberty and within a year I had gained about 90 pounds. This is at 10 years old and the doctors never thought twice about it. Since that point I have never had a regular period unless on the pill which brought on a whole new set of issues. I have dieted and dieted to only have no success. By the time I was 18 years old and senior in high school I was about 275 pounds and taking shaving lesson's from my father for the facial hair. At one point that year I figure to heck with college I will just grow a bread and become a side show freak. I kept searching and searching for ways to get the doctors to run the needed tests to help say hey this is the problem and none never would. When they finally did I really didn't care any more I was in the mind set I am fat and hairy and have a messed up period. I did start treatment when I was about 21 and ended up pregnant right away thus my first child....when she was about 7 months old my doctor had a great idea to change my birth control pill and increase my level of female homrones...guess what....baby number 2 then came along. I am now trying to search and find a doctor who will treat the whole me and all the problems as one instead of runing around like a chicken with my head cut off to try to figure out what is wrong and fix it.

Ok sorry that was so long I sorta got on a roll there. I am in New Mexico and would love to hear from any one else out here who might be able to help
Old 06-04-2002, 11:32 AM   #2  

Hi and Welcome. Glad you stumbled across the site. I think the 1st thing you need to do is seek out a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Don't waste your time or money with a gyno.

You'll save yourself from alot of headaches.
Closed Thread