PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Hey gals, I'm a 24 year old and also have PCOS. I was just put on Metaformin (only 500mg to start) and Spiro (50mg to start). I am praying these drugs will help clear up the acne, facial hair, and weight...as well as bring AF back! I haven't seen her in a while!

Anyhow, I'd love to be a diet buddy for you, and anyone else who'd like to join!
zoerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Welcome Zoerba and hope we can help and keep you motivated. What kind of diet and excercise pland are you following? So did loosing weight not help AF become regular. I know for some women on here have become regular since loosing weight. Also, for myself I had not had AF for a while and as soon as I cut down on the carbs AF was here and so I am hoping to stay regular. I am not on any medication but I am thinking about talking to my dr. and see if some type of meds would help me out.

Well, ladies it is monday again.....blahhhh!! Keep up the great work and keep on loosing those lbs.
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3

hey zoerba! Fancy meeting you here! I'm on Glumetza 2000 mg/day and BC since I'm not TTC at the moment. Looks like you're doing awesome on SB!! Good to know it actually works. Are you on BC at all if you're just trying to control the symptoms? My Dr. recommended Yaz. She said it's the best one out there for PCOS-ers. I know it helped with the acne. I know everyone's body and situation is different though.

Anyhoo - hope everyone had a great start to the week! I had Monday off so I can't complain
SoulCyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Hey gals! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm following South Beach and love, love, love it!

When I first started low carbing I got AF back within 1 week and she kept coming regularly for about the next 5 or 6 months...but then she just disappeared again! I think it was because I took a break from diet for the holidays. I didn't gain any weight, but was eating a lot of carbs. I did take a preg. test and it was negative so who knows what's going on! I've been on Spiro about 1.5 weeks and Met for only 2 days so we'll see what happens!!!
zoerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:57 AM   #80  
Just A Rolling Stone

Good morning ladies.

I'm having a really tough time right now. My cravings for sugar and carbs are out of control. That in turn is making me depressed, and making me want to eat more.

*sigh*

I just really need a good boost of confidence.
akapjthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #81  

Hey akapj - it's ok!! It happens to everyone. I have been there many a times. I'm on the South Beach Diet right now in the first two weeks and I can't have ANY carbs, sugar, nothin'. BUT - have you ever tried sugar-free fudgesicles? They're amazing!! They taste exactly like the real thing and it totally curbs my sugar craving. I know it's not the same thing as having Italian bread and a good piece of chocolate, but you're stronger than the food!! I always think, I can have that cookie or brownie another day when I'm at my goal weight. It's not like they're going anywhere! Also, don't beat yourself up for slipping up either. We're human! You can do it!!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 245/229/140

Height: 5'2"

The metformin is what brought AF back for me been regular with about a week of the same time frame for about a year. If that makes sense. I usually see AF on the 4th of the month but it can very by a week either way. I am on a high dose of Metformin because it we are ttc.

If you just started on Metformin you might get a little sick to start. It can give you an upset stomach. If the doctor wasn't specific on when to take it try it about 15 minutes before eating it will help or take it with milk. I found it helps curb the cravings a great deal. Instead of having a "hungry Day" every day it hardly every happens. It just keeps you sugar even so you are not like the cookie monster running thru the house shoving every carb in you can find. Well thats what it does for me anyway. : )
Sorcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #83  

I found that detoxing carbs from my sytem for a couple weeks makes a big differenece in the cravings and then if I do it them I eat less but even a couple of days makes a big difference for me
pedsowk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 322/320/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm 20 and was diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago. My Dr at the time that diagnosed me did not even tell me. A year later I went in and told her that I wanted to be tested and she told me that she had dianosed me with PCOS a year ago. There is a ton of things that go along with PCOS and she had never done anything. Anways my bf and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 7 months and it is just not happening. I didnt even realize the seriousness of it until I started reading som of the forums and then read this thread. Unfortunatly I do not have medical at the moment but am working on it so I can get everything in order. Anyways thought some knd of support (and more info) would be great.

You all sound like amazing women and I would love some new chat buddies! right now I spend a great deal of time on the internet mostly doing research and hangin around this site.

Anyways wanted to introduce myself a lil bit and say hi. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Kristalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #85  

Welcome Kystalynne!!!

This is a great bord and we don't know it all but can maybe help you out. If you want to get pregnant and don't have any medication I would say start off my loosing weight. The more weight you have on you the worse PCOS gets. Cut down on your carbs, what works for people like us is either the Atkins or South Beach or any diet that cuts down your carbs.

Hope this helps out and stick around.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #86  

Totally agree with WeightSmasher. My Dr. recommended South Beach or Atkins as well. South Beach is much easier to follow in my opinion. I'm on day 9 right now! This site has a ton of recipes and SB help too. A lot of people have had great results getting pregnant on their own by losing weight.

Good luck and come back often!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #87  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Angry why should I keep going?

Honestly, I am fed up with everything. Let me begin....

I don't know if I mentioned before but my entire family has to move. Anyways, my boyfriend and I decided to find a place of our own and my family go find their own.

I found the cutest and most perfect apartment. It was literally a 20 second (if that) walk to my job and about a 10 min walk for him to BART station. (BART is the bay area public transportation, kinda like a subway)

*sigh* I get the news today that we are not approved because of my credit. Instead of getting a "don't worry hunny we will find something" or some type of encouraging words from him he gets mad at me and literally texts me with go away. I cried at work. I sat at my desk (which is right in the front lobby) and cried. The first thing I thought of was how I was going to tell him that its all my fault. But I thought he would be a bit more positive. Nope, I get 'go away'. Right now I am sitting in front of his job waiting for him so we can talk. But honestly I don't know what to say and I have 10 minutes to come up with something.

I feel helpless. I was a young and stupid 18 yr old with great credit and I let that go. Now 24 and trying to look for an apartment its coming back to bite in the .... yeah that.

Then, this morning I go to weigh myself and I am 1lb heavier from where I started. Why????? Is it all the stress getting to me? I really feel like just giving up. I don't have my boyfriend EVER saying anything encouraging to me. I tell him to please help me and support me regarding the PCOS. I told him yes, I hate going to the gym. I am a big girl of course I am going to hate working out next to skinney minnie over there. And he gets frustrated I'm like I'm being honest but hey I go, right?

Seriously, there are times when I'm like what am I doing in this world? I have a decent paying job and great rental history but who cares cause my credit sucks. And I have a boyfriend whom I love to death but after being together for a while feel so distant from him.

I can't turn to my friends cause they don't understand the horribleness (I know, not a word) of this condition. *sigh*

What do I do? A co-worker told me to call around to different apartment complexes and tell them my situation. She thinks someone out there is bound to help. But what if nobody does. I don't want to go live where coming home at night I am scared to death. That's horrible.

What do I do? Any suggestions?
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #88  

Hey nicoyaangel -

It sounds like your in a tough spot! I'm so sorry! Not to get too personal, but what made your credit so poor? Do you have a lot of different credit cards that could be consolidated with a loan? I work at a credit union and we are always referring people to Consumer Credit Counseling Services. There has to be one out there. Just Google CCCS, or the full name, and then wherever your located. I found one quickly in Orange County, but I'm not sure where you are in CA. They are so helpful! They're non-profit so they are not "out to get you". They can help guide you on what you should do to get your credit back on track. You said you have a decent paying job, so if you're consistently paying off your debt, you're not in bad shape!

You will find an apt. SOMEONE is going to rent to you. Whatever credit counseling service you find may be able to point you in the right direction too!

Also, it sounds like you're taking on a lot all at once. Just slow down and breathe. Unfortunately, you REALLY need to be with someone who is supportive and understanding of your situation - you don't deserve the "go away" text. What is it with guys and that?? I used to get those too! You deserve better. Make sure you stand your ground and let him know he is not being supportive. You want to start a family with him, make sure he's the most supportive, patient and understanding partner you can find before bringing a baby into the mix. That just adds more stress!

DUMP THE SCALE!
Do not weigh yourself everyday. Your body fluctuates so much that weighing yourself everyday will just torture you. It could be water weight, the way you're standing, etc. If you really must weigh yourself, I suggest once a week max. Seeing it go up and down will just stress you out. And you don't need more of that!

You will get everything in order. It may take some legwork, but keep on plugging!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #89  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hey SoulCyster - Thank you sooo much for your kind words.

Well the lady from the apartment complex gave me a copy of my credit report and its one credit card, Ballys Total Fitness, Sprint PCS and my student loans. Do you think if I tried CCCS they would still help even if its not credit cards? We do have one out here in my city, I have seen it before I just need to find it again.

I talked to him last night about the way he is and how I dont like it. He admitted that despite the great sense of humor that he has and all he does feel sour inside. I told him he does not need to be like that towards me. I told him that when he came down from his "high" of being mad I would be standing right there waiting for him to smile again. He felt bad and apologized. But I guess its also the whole trust thing with me too. At the beginning of our relationship he was lying to me about some girl he was talking to. He no longer talks to her but still its hard to trust him 100%. He made a new page on mocospace.com and his status is single. Im like wtf?

He said that he hasnt gone in to change anything and blahblah blah. I mean I know deep down inside he is not cheating. When my ex husband was cheating on me and he didnt think I knew .... lol I knew. They should know better because I find out EVERYTHING. I found aboutt he girl about this new page about everything! (LOL Dont leave your phone laying around, duh!)

I love him and I do want to spend the rest of my life with him. His family is amazing and my family loves him too but I dont know why he does the things he does. He says he loves me and I believe him but what is the explanation for his actions?
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #90  

Here is my honest opinion.......I hope you don't mind.

I think that marriage itself is very challenging. If there is no trust it is never going to work. I am a true believer in that sometimes we are not really in love we are just use to loving someone. I think you know deep down inside that he is not the one for you but you are trying so hard to make it work that you are making excuses for him. When someone truly I mean truly loves you and only wants you they are going to make sure you are always number one. The fact that he said he was single is a big sign. I hope you get the strength and love yourself more and realize and accept that there is someone better out there for you.

Good luck and keep your head up!!!