PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #16  
Just A Rolling Stone

They always tell you to lose weight, it's the PCOS catchall.

Hopefully though your doctor will work with you and not just preach at you. My RE is fantastic, he's given me some really fabulous advice that has REALLY helped.
akapjthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #17  

Hi everyone!
I'm 25 and in Maryland. I have PCOS, insulin resistance, and adrenal fatigue. I have an amazing doctor who works with me and has given me amazing tools. I still need to loose 40 pounds and could use the extra support. My husband is amazing. There are no longer any carbs or sugar in our house and I couldnt have done that without him! give me a buzz. I'm online a lot!
pedsowk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #18  
I Will Be Half of Me

S/C/G: 313/312/150 or below

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies! I'm 27 in GA and at over 300 pounds, I've got a long way to go before I'm even at the doctor's office talking about kids. But, it's my husband's and my dream. Good luck to you all! I'm on Yaz to keep everything moving and my doctor prescribed Met, too... but I was so angry about being on a "diabetic" medicine that I didn't take it yet. But, it sounds like it works!

By the way... the hair?? It sucks!

Hugs - Heather
Heather Blue Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #19  
Just A Rolling Stone

Heather, don't be upset about being on a "diabetic" medicine. Part of our issue is very similar to being diabetic in that our insulin just doesn't work.

The medicine might have been created for those with diabetes, but it's been a lifesaver for women with PCOS.

I can't even tell you the difference it made in my life for someone to finally say "yes, you're not imagining it, there is a problem" oh and even better "there is something you can do"
Old 01-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #20  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

This should be the support thread

Oh I know I have to lose the weight because PCOS or not 230lbs is not considered healthy lol Well, my appointment is on February 22nd so I have until then to lose something. *sigh* And I hope this all works
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #21  
Just A Rolling Stone

You can do it! I know you can!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #22  
HE'S my motivation!

Thank you! I know I can lose something, come on now.

Ok, I have to ask. What is the 'The Great Fast Food Bet' ?? Sounds interesting
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #23  
Just A Rolling Stone

LOL... well fast food and chocolate are my two downfalls.

My husband is really being amazing this time around with the weight loss, he's joined my gym, he's reminding me to take my meds and trying to encourage me to eat healthily without being pushy or demanding.

Anyway, I was mentioning to him yesterday how frusterated I am about how I can't seem to drive past fast food places when I'm hungry without stopping.

So we have a bet. $100. Whoever caves first and eats fast food has to pay the other one. That money is to be used however the other person sees fit. No questions asked.

I'm looking for someone to make a chocoalte bet with though, because that I'm super competitive so this is a good way for me to steer clear of my trigger foods.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #24  
HE'S my motivation!

LOL I like that! But what if you stop by a fast food place and get a salad, does that count towards getting the $100? I really like that idea because my boyfriend never takes lunch to work and always goes to Wendys (Well, says he hasn't since he started the gym) But that would be a nice bet lol

Hmmm ... I would loooove to do a chocolate bet with you. Snickers (with almonds) is my weakness and there is one sitting here in my drawer right now. King size too *drool* LOL What address do I send the $100 to if I eat it hahahaha ??? No but seriously, I would love to do a chocolate bet. Unless you meant someone closer in your hometown
Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #25  
Just A Rolling Stone

Who goes to a fast food restaurant and orders a salad, let's be honest.. it doesn't happen.

We excluded Subway, Crispers and Panera because while technically "fast food" it's WAY better for us as long as we order right.

I'll do a chocolate challenge with you, but no $... via the internet it sounds sketchy and weird! I'm sure we can come up with another idea LOL

Tonight @ midnight?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #26  
HE'S my motivation!

HAHA True about the salad. I have tried but walked out with some fries too haha

Yea lets start tonight at midnight. What happens if we eat chocolate? Hmm... you say you go to the gym right? So maybe something you have to do there. I go to the gym too by the way. I dont know. Or run outside .. eww but its has been raining ugly here in California. Hmmm...

The boyfriend and I just had a discussion about how irritated he has been with me because I have not gone to the gym with him. I need more then just the gym. I need to walk outside. Walk the dog do more then just the gym. Just looking at tv monitors while on the eliptical is boooorrring to me. Being outside and just walking for some reason is comforting. So he promised on the weekends since our 24 hour fitness closes early (go figure!) we can walk outside and during the week after I pick him up from work I would go to the gym with him.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 01-09-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

I would love to join you guys. I also have PCOS and have some weight to loose. I started eating healthy and excercising on Jan. 2, 2008 and it has been a week today and I have lost 5lbs. I am so excited. I am definetly determined this time to loose the weight. Nothing and no one will get in my way of loosing it.
I have a 7 year old son and last year I was hoping to get pregnant but I did not really do anything to make it happen. The dr. told me I needed to loose some weight and that would make my periods regular but I didn't. This year I am focusing on me. I want to lose weight for me!!! I want to feel confident and good about myself. If the reward at the end is that I get pregnant then let it be, but if not I want to be beautiful and healthy.

What kind of diet and excersice plan are you guys following?
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #28  
HE'S my motivation!

Welcome aboard! That is our goal also. A) I want to lose enough weight where I can start concentrating on getting pregnant and B) Gain some confidence. We all three should place a bet together. If your addicted to chocolate like us you can def. join that lol.

Bet starts tonight at midnight. Does that mean the Snickers with almonds and caramel in my drawer is edible?? haha
Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #29  

I would love to join in the bet. I need something to motivate me and keep me going. But, I am not big on Chocolate. A better bet for me is Chinnese Food. Yeah, I love that stuff especially orange chicken. So can I bet in with you guys with a side of Orange Chicken???? I have to resist and not eat it!!! I just want to keep loosing weight and become healthy.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #30  

I too am always on line so I will be checking in often.