Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #481  

Hi. I used ws for a short time in spring but didn't see it through. I have gotten into this ridiculous pattern of changing eating lifestyle, lose some weight, fall off the wagon, gain back the weight, doubt the plan, don't myself and then start a new plan. Seriously, I am who keeps all these companies in business.

I do know that I prefer meal replacement because helps remove then poorer choice that I would normally make. I did order some ws products again and they vame i today. This time, just 3 weeks worth. My plan is if i can commit and follow through for 2 weeks, then I will order 3 more weeks.

I am just so sick and tired and failing to see any diet through. I fear that my sons' memories will be of me constantly dieting yet remained fat.

Thanks for letting me share my crazy.

Kindly,
Melanie
Old 08-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #482  

S/C/G: 290/250/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey Melanie... You have just said my situation too!! I am on day 2 of WonderSlim....sort of doing it a little different:

Morning: WonderSlim Shake/pudding shake
Morning Snack: BariWise protein bar
Lunch: WonderSlim Shake/pudding shake
Afternoon Snack: WonderSlim Shake/pudding shake
Dinner: 4 oz meat, 2 c. veggies
Lots of Water!!

One thing I was reading on all the very successful weight losers on this site, they said they just would not cheat!!! Cheating was not an option.... So that is my goal......no cheating, which I always seem to do and sabotage my weight loss.......

Good Luck this week everyone!!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #483  

Hi lulu!

I am in 100% agreement that I can't cheat if I want to be successful. That one cheat leads to a day, week, month of poor food choices. While I have not been to an OA meeting, I have read the book, that is inline with the idea of abstinence from trigger foods.

To break this vicious cycle I am going to make an effort to journal if I begin the self-defeating/sabotage talk to see if I can "talk" out why I feel the need to "binge". 95% of the time I go off for reasons other than being hungry.

I am on day 1. I am a little light headed but other than that I am feeling good. Even did a little walk . I am tweaking the food just a tad, using up some other product...Atkins shakes. I am also making the morning snack all whole food...apple, low fat string cheese and 10 almonds. I am staying within their dietary guidelines of calories, protein, fat and carbs.

I am glad to have you to go through this with.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #484  

Good Morning Melanie!!
Day 3 and no cheating.....It's a miracle!!!

Last night I made chicken tacos, beef burritos, spanish rice, refried beans...etc. for my family............I had a WS shake and I was ok!!!! I actually sat down to dinner with them. I had my dinner at 5pm, Green Beans/Taco Meat (chicken wasn't done yet)

I think the trick for me is that I need to eat around 5pm.....we eat as a family usually at 7-7:30 .....when everyone gets home from soccer, work, etc.!! That is too late to wait for me!

I to eat for other reasons than being hungry....stress, happy, it seems like any emotion and get me to eat!! To cure this I have been sticking to a schedule......700am breakfast, 1000am snack, etc.

I also make sure I read some inspirational posts on 3fatchicks....Daily!!!

I like that idea to Journal if "falling off the wagon"......that is a good idea....lets hope we don't have to do it though!!!

Melanie....we can do this!!!! Talk to you soon!!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #485  

Bravo lulu!

We eat later as well and yesterday I ate at 5 which made the evening more tolerable. I won't lie, I am hungry. But I am trying to embrace the hunger : )

I am making a "taco" salad tonight. I am ready to eat now but will guzzle some water instead. While I am hungry, for the most part I felt really good yesterday and today...no lethargy.

Let's try and check in once a day just so we know we aren't alone in this journey.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #486  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I have been able to stay on track by using Lose It! You can make it an app on your phone or use the computer. This way you can journal on your phone and it shows you the calories, etc.
I really like the feature where you can scan the bar code and it enters the info.
When I hit my calories I stop or exercise more to lower my calories count.
Check it out. I love it.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #487  

At night I'm hungry too... but I go with it and drink a big ice water........No Cheating!!

Today is kinda hard....it truly is mind over matter. But I'll admit, I can't wait for dinner tonight. We are grilling out and the sound of a hamburger...without the bun sounds so good, I think I may stir fry some veggies too!

I have 2 boys 14, & 16 and they keep me busy just going to soccer etc. But I haven't started exercising yet.....I just want to get used to the diet!! Too many times I have gone running out of the gate dieting and exercising to the max and have failed........not this time!!!

Have a good weekend......Stay on Plan....weigh in is next week!!! Talk to you tomorrow!!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #488  

Sally....that sounds awesome!! I never heard of it.....that would definitely help! Thankyou
Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #489  

Hello ladies!

I am plugging along. I am HUNGRY. Just before dinner I have been eating some raw broccoli with a splash of RF dressing. This has been taking the hunger pangs away so I don't over eat at dinner. I do tweak the plan each day, staying at 1200 calories and right at the other nutrient counts as well. I don't know if I could do less than 1200.

I haven't started exercising. I have been trying to be more active with my daily activities...walking around the house more, more cleaning. I agree lulu, I will add exercise once I the eating down. There is an all-female gym nearby and am touring it the week my kids go back to school. I have 3 sons...my oldest is 9 and the twins are 7.

Tomorrow I have a big picnic I am attending. I am having ribs. I will eat on plan. Not a lean meat, I know. But I won't have any of the carbohydrates, desserts, extra fats and will only eat the WS products for the other meals/snacks. I will pack raw broccoli for my side : )

Have a great weekend!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #490  

Hi Melanie....Don't forget to get pictures....I just did Front, Back, Side, & Face..........I nearly died when I saw the back...If that doesn't keep me on this diet I don't know what will.....OMG!!!! I also need to get measurements.....

I also put the lose it app on my phone, and it is awesome!!

Sounds like you have a plan for the weekend. I need to do that....I've got a breakfast I have to attend tomorrow....ugh...Continental, all the good stuff..which isn't so good!!! Coffee will be my friend!!

Twins, how cool, you are one busy Mom, 3 boys!! I actually have 3 boys too, but one is out of the house, just turned 19.

Have a great weekend....no cheats!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #491  

Lulu - Glad you got the Lose It! app for your phone.

It has helped me stay on track and kept me from cheating.
If you want add me as a friend
Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #492  

Good morning!

I just calculated the ribs calories and I can have 3 and still be within guidelines!!! I am taking a bag of the WS chips and a snack bar. Mentally prepared. I have to realize about's about the event, not the food.

Lulu...it might be a long day, but maybe have your main meal at breakfast instead of dinner time.

I've been using both myfitnesspal and loseit. I also use a Fit Bit to track, it syncs with both apps and I have been playing around to see which one works the best for all my needs.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hi All-
Havent been here for a couple months. Was excited to see I had not gained back my weight. Hi Sally Pineapple I remember you from this spring.

Hoping to get back on track.....
Old 08-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #494  

Welcome back Sheri, I strayed for a while with a stupid amount of drama in my life. Thank Goodness I did not gain any weight.
So I too am back here to get back on track. I did not come this far to quit now.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone....I've been MIA for a little while, much apologies. i am on a slow laptop on a slower connection, so when I get home, whenever that will be, I will read through all the posts and say hi and congrats. Until then, it is all I can do just to type this

i HAD been 100% faithful on WS, loosing 24 pounds in 3 weeks. I can't tell you today what my weight is, if I have gained or lost, and I have not been faithful to the plan since last Saturday...but I have a good reason! I was admitted to the hospital with a blood gas level of 46%, was in ICU for three days, and have been sitting in a ward with big yellow contagious signs all around me since. I think I got sick. No clue when I get to go home. No clue what I am sick with, but I can say to all the newbies...so far, yes, this works great! i'll post more once I can actually read everyone's posts....but congrats and hello!
Closed Thread