Wonderslim #7

You're on Page 34 of 35
Go to
  • Zoesmom-What is a blood gas? Is there any connection to Wonderslim?
  • Good morning to all!

Wow Zoe! Wishing you a speedy recovery! I hope you get answers to your health soon!!! Hopefully the yellow signs are warning people with contagious diseases not to come near you...protecting you because your immune system is down.

SHero...the only thing I know about blood gas has to do with checking how the lungs effectively remove carbon monoxide and transport oxygen. So if you have bronchitis, pneumonia, etc , that would effect your results. Also, sleep disorders can affect the results.

I ate more on my picnic than I planned. But I am not beating myself up over it (like I normally would). I just got back on track this morning and full steam ahead!
  • Zoesmom, I hope you are OK! Did you mean a blood gas O2 Sat of 46%? Keep us updated and wishing you well...Just finished week 2. Lost 7.6 pounds total so far...I work 13 hr shifts 3 days a week and have found that eating the lean/green for lunch and 1/2 the lunch option around 5PM and the other 1/2 of lunch when I get home keeps me satisfied through out the day...I also find myself pretending I am either an astronaut or Katniss from the Hunger Games... You know living on food rations in a subsistent society... LOL. It keeps me entertained.
  • Hi all I am new to WS and have used it before for breakfast (which I have not eaten constantly since I was 9-10yes old,lol) I tried the diet for the last 2 week but with Jillian Micheal's protein shakes and WS lunch and a lot of water. Needless to say, the first week I lost 5lbs and the 2nd week I lost 1-2 and gained 1-2lbs of it back. I could not figure out what I was doing incorrectly. So, I stepped back and thought....hmmmm (yep that is how I think...lol) "Kimorea, why aren't you succeeding?" Then, I figured it out, I was not dedicated.. So, I went back to square one: I ordered 2 weeks of breakfast, lunch and snacks (shakes included) (I will re-order at the end of week1, to see if I want different items) then: I STARTED TO HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE AND USE THIS FORUM AND TRACKER. I will restart on Monday (24 hours) I am so happy to have found this thread, I have a VIP event on Sept 28 and I want to be smokin', lol !!! I will make myself accountable and hopefully find a WS pal. If anyone wishes to be my WS Pal feel free to email me : kimoraee @ ymail .com. Thanks I will stay posted, every Monday, Wed and Friday. GL ALL and nice to meet everyone!!!
    Kimorea
  • Hello Everyone!!

What a busy weekend....Melanie, I sort of ate too much and the wrong things on Saturday...got back on program...Semi.... Sunday..... I guess just as long as we get back on!!!

Zoe, prayers to you for a speedy recovery!

Sally Pineapple...I tried to figure out how to add you.....not sure, any suggestions. I am soooo hooked on lose it, it's wonderful!!

I start school on Weds.....went to check out where I have to park, go to class, etc. I have to walk soooooo far for class I will definitely get my exercise in.......I think I'm going to have great legs after all this walking, they are on opposite sides of campus!!!!

Hey Kimora & shero.....looks like you are on the right track....I'm really trying to not cheat as I always do.....dedication is the key!!

Autopilot Congrats on your weight loss....5ropers and I started last week, so we are relatively new too!! Tomorrow is weigh in for me!! Yikes!!
  • WooHoo!!!! Weighed in and lost 11 pounds!!!!!
    Gotta keep going though!!!
  • Quote: WooHoo!!!! Weighed in and lost 11 pounds!!!!!
    Gotta keep going though!!!
    BRAVA!!!
  • Way to go LuLu!!
  • HOME and finally got to see my little girl!!! On O2 tank for the intern, but hopefully that will cease in about a week! All in all, I gained 5 pounds will in the hospital, and my doctor does not want me to go back onto WS until my strength has returned, so it might be a few weeks until I am back in the saddle.

Welcome, welcome all....and so very glad I am not alone on my WS journey! Amazing progress by several people...keep up the good work. This program DOES work...just takes a lot of commitment!

Shero- you asked if my condition is related in anyway to WS. The answer is no. I am an asthmatic who happened to get hit with a whammy of a virus...and a whammy of a bacteria...and pneumonia...AND inflammation due to a asthma attack...all at the same time. My husband got hit by the same thing, except for the asthma part, and he is not doing WS. Ultimately, I just have really bad lungs that do not do well if something is going around. My blood gas being low means my oxygen was at dangerously low levels...I am very luck to be alive today and my doctor has made that very clear. I developed some serious scar tissue in this last bout, experiencing VQ mismatch with pulmonary shunting. They think I may have ARDS now so it is a long battle uphill to get a proper diagnosis. BUT...have no worries. This was NOT caused by WS. I started WS doctor approved, have been monitored, and was actually sick prior to starting WS. My husband had the exact same thing and hasn't even touched WS. Just off timing in all.

But--ladies! Keep it up. You are doing amazing!!!
  • I am reading the post which is a start now I need to make a committment to the program....again.
  • Hope everyone is doing well! 3 week weigh in and I'm down a total of 11.2 lbs. Still going strong....P.S. The omelettes are awful.
  • I haven't posted on this thread in a over a month (about a month and 10 days.) I'm down 11 pounds since then but it could have been more. As of today, I am back on plan. I will see how I do over this next month.
  • Can anyone explain the diet? I am looking at the website and it says to have 7 packets per day????? That seems like a LOT. Then it says 4 ounces of protein/meat.

Do any of you do 6-8 ounces of meat and fewer packets?

Ideal Protein is 8 ounces of meat and 3 packets, so 7 just seems excessive. Aren't they similar calorie and protein wise (the packets of IP and the packets of WS?)

Dawn
  • I'm not sure where they get the 7x from either. Even with the lean/green meal that you make, it comes to eating 6x a day if you eat everything. That comes to approx 1200 cal. If you skip the dessert and the fruit, it would probably be close to a 1000 cal..I'm sure you could switch it up. However, 4 oz of rotisserie chicken, along with the 2 c of veggies, and 1 starch end up being a fairly large amount of food... This diet seems to be working and is actually fairly easy to stick with. I would suggest buying some of the protein chips and pretzels. After a few weeks, I started craving savory items...Good luck!
  • It is weird. IP is 3 packets, Medifast is 5, and WS is 7 recommended.

I was curious about those using WS instead of IP and how they are adapting it.

Yes, I know 4oz of meat is a fair amount of food, but IP recommends 6-8.

I did Medifast for a month or so but it gave me such horrible gas I just couldn't keep it up, I even stopped eating the bars and it still caused intestinal issues.

WS doesn't seem to be nearly as bad on my system. AND I like the foods better.

I am starting 100% today. I have had vacations and various distractions over the summer and just put it on hold, but still ate some of the meals for snacks as they are better than a bag of chips.

I would still like to hear from those who did IP and now do WS.

Dawn

Quote: I'm not sure where they get the 7x from either. Even with the lean/green meal that you make, it comes to eating 6x a day if you eat everything. That comes to approx 1200 cal. If you skip the dessert and the fruit, it would probably be close to a 1000 cal..I'm sure you could switch it up. However, 4 oz of rotisserie chicken, along with the 2 c of veggies, and 1 starch end up being a fairly large amount of food... This diet seems to be working and is actually fairly easy to stick with. I would suggest buying some of the protein chips and pretzels. After a few weeks, I started craving savory items...Good luck!