Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Oh Toy-I will never be offended by advice especially from a teacher. If it would help you feel better I will call my doctor's MA and have her ask my doctor. The problem with going is it is a $40 copay and I currently have a $200 bill that hit my co-pay for blood work.

One thing about calorie intake is that you have to consider the source of the calorie intake. If someone was not doing the nutritional shakes I believe it would be hard to get proper balance of nutrients on less than 1000 calories.

I have been keeping close track of my calories and balance of nutrients. My question is: why is it ok for a pre-surgery person to only be on nutritional shakes at an 800 calorie diet? If I was getting ready for weight loss surgery I would be on nutritional liquids for 8 weeks straight. This is what my co-workers husband has to do since he had surgery. Currently is having a hard time eating anything. Cant keep anything down.

I would love to know what my Cholesterol is now. The last test my Triglycerides they were 213. Hdl 41 Ldl 107-total 191....I would love to get off the medicine.

I think I need to pick up some protein bars for mid-morning snacks.

Lose-it.com keeps track of your weekly daily average also.

Here is my specs for the day:

Calories-1028
Fats- 19.6 17%
Sat Fat 7.7
UnSat Fat must be the balance LOL
Carbs 131g 50%
Protein 85.8 33%

This is my daily average for nutrients this week:

Fat 15g 15%
Carb 122.6g 53%
Protein 73g 32%

Some how I need to reduce my carbs and increase my protein. I just need to know how many grams of protein I am supposed to get......Still dont have the answer.

I did a test on Web MD last night-it was very close to what Lose It and my scale is saying regarding BMI's, etc. I have to read it more closely.

Didnt someone who post on here have the WL (weight loss surgery)?

REKP-The soup is yours. No need to worry about shipping-I have 10 pkgs of cream of chicken, 1 pkg tomato soup, 1 pkg cream of mushroom. These are individual packages. I may have more in another cupboard -I will be happy to get room in my WS cupboard because I need more of the berry smoothies soon. Send me a Personal Message and I will get them in the mail to you. I'll take them out of the box but flatten it so you have it.

Anyone like the Raspberry Hot Chocolate? I have a box of them. I wish I liked them because I see they have 12 grams of proteins and would make great mid morning snacks.

For the clothing exchange do a search for it and you will find it. I think it would be awesome to donate to someone on this forum or even sell the clothes at Goodwill value. Especially if your new to a size and dont plan on staying there long.

Toy-the only problem I have with you being a retired teacher is I have to search how to spell all these words, especially since I work in an office......My spelling skills have went down hill since I got older....

Speed of sound are you there?

I was reading some of the older wonderslim threads and was kinda disappointed to see that alot of people dont post now. What ever happen to them?

I want to encourage all of us that are still posting to make an obligation to each other to be dedicated to this forum and keep the support going.

As far as the ticker goes it's under your signature but I had to go to the quick links to set it up. Now can someone tell me how to edit it when I lose weight. Toy I agree about seeing that number if front of your face everyday but I believe you can set it up so it just counts down your weight loss instead of starting weight. After the shock of seeing I need to loss 100+ lbs. I just looked at how pretty it was and how well the button went with it. I told myself-I have 100lbs to loss now but by July that could be almost cut in half. What bothers me is that 2 years ago I only had 50#'s to lose. Look forward instead of backward.

Walked the treadmill today-1.25 miles in 30 minutes. Going to an incline of 4% and back down.

Have a good night all.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #182  
TOY

LOL, Shero...I notice the spelling errors and grammar errors and typos in MY posts and get worried about my own thought processes but they don't bother me in others' writings. (I taught math most of my life, not spelling...but I did grant writing, too, so I am most critical of my own writing.) I don't even understand most people now because I haven't gotten into texting (and don't plan to) so I am especially comfortable reading and writing to you all here. (I have quite a bit of trouble "understanding" some of the younger folks on facebook. One of my cousins had to explain something her son wrote just this week. It was one of those comical situations when I thought a word meant its normal meaning and it was used entirely different...LOL) I know how many typo mistakes I make when chatting and realize that with time crunches and such, we all make them. (Not to say that it doesn't bother me to see words spelled incorrectly on formal presentations or by businesses. Just had a back-and-forth recently with the state dept. of education here for posting a video on their website from the head honcho with commissioner spelled incorrectly twice! Have to admit I got a bit of satisfaction about that correction though since the video was touting the new teacher evaluation system in TN. This new "race to the top" campaign in TN is robbing many of my teacher friends of their joy in the classroom and I'm sick of it. Not sure what the answer is but this isn't it! Grrr...if I get started on this, I'll never get back to sleep tonight so I'd better drop it quickly!)

My only comment about the severe limit on calories for those facing gastric surgery is that it is for a very short period of time. Plus (guess I have a second comment, too, LOL) I suspect they are doing this under a doctor's supervision. What I read today about severe restricting of calories kept emphasizing "short period" so I think that must be a key factor. I kept repeatedly seeing that 1200 number, too, in different places I researched. I thought I had remembered 1500 in the past but it's been years since I've done much reading on this. I generally just join a program where it's all counted for me. I did read (which was comforting) that the liquid diets are much more nutritious than they were in the early days making them safer nowadays for use in restricted diets. (Seems like I do remember having to take potassium and maybe some other supplement when I was on Medifast eons ago. That was when you could only get it through a doctor's office, etc. but strangely enough my insurance paid for it back then. I never did understand that at all since it was food.)

I did read a bit on other forums today and found one site devoted to liquid diet discussions that was interesting. It had pages of before and after photos which tend to fascinate me. It's been so long since I've been a normal size, I look at those photos and wonder what I'll look like, too. LOL...some of them look so much younger than they did when fat. I have a growing suspicion that I'm not going to look younger though. The one thing the fat has done is kept the wrinkles at bay and I think age is literally going to slap me in the face...LOL I laugh because it's one of the few things that will not keep me up at night. I wonder where the years have gone but truthfully getting older doesn't bother me. I miss teaching but I really am enjoying this stage of my life. After all these years, I've finally learned how to say no to the things I'm really not desiring to do.

I'm starting to feel a bit sleepy for a change so I'm going to run with the feeling and close for now. Hope all of you have a good day, tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #183  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

I don't know if you guys ever used Walden Farms 0 calorie dressing or sauces, but I was in the process of ordering some from their website and came across this coupon code to get buy 5 Get 5 free.

Enter CL-Q112-05 at checkout and it deducts it from your total. I ordered 10 items and it came to $33.90 including shipping. Regular price would have been $58.98 iirc.

I've been wanting to try out their salad dressings and syrups and I do believe they are ok on the wonderslim plan (from what I read on other forums).
Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Walden Farms items

Speed of sound:
What a great find! I just ordered a the 10 items (buy 5 and get 5 free) and was able to use the coupon you posted. I can't wait to try my new finds...
Peanut butter spread, 3 different salad dressings and 3 different pancake syrups. I'm also trying the calorie free Mayonnaise. Suspect that it will be vile, but had to try :-)

Toy: A few years ago a hospital we were at gave all the employees a calculator for Christmas. It had Commitment, Dedication and Excellence on the little plastic cover. Excellence was spelled wrong :-) Great for a laugh and coffee room breaks talking about what kind of "Excellence" they had hired to proofread.

Hi ExTex and Shero. Hope we all have a great, on plan, day!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #185  
1 fat guy on a diet

I thought about it back and forth but I didn't have the guts to order the Mayo, lol! I am trying the different veggie/chip dips, chocolate syrup, 4 different dressings, and sweet bar-b-que sauce. Hard to believe they all have 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 sugars. Please let us know what you think of the Mayo and peanut spread, I've read really good things about it! If I can find a few things I really like from the lot, I'll be happy with the purchase.

I'm thinking I will use the veggie dip with my broccoli/ cauliflower and also with some protein chips I ordered from diet direct.

Last edited by speedofsound; 01-27-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #186  

Hi all-

I did some research on "starvation mode" last night and believe there is more research to do-that was my conclusion. I did read that your body will not go into starvation mode while on a 800 calorie diet and that you need to go longer than a day or two on low calories to go into starvation mode. Of course it depends on who is doing the reseach. So I will do more research and report what I learn. 500 words or less LOL

Well-I ending up not doing well last night. Will not be putting those foods in my Kindle. I wasnt even hungry when I did it. I think I was being a rebel. I had a cinnamon roll, baked chips and some cream cheese (spinach and anchove). Not sure why-the cinnamon roll was great but after the baked chips and cream cheese I kinda felt sick-it was kinda a stomach feeling of "youve had too much fat". Im sure my fat grams were over the hill with the cream cheese. Hope this did not blow my wow week because I have tried very hard. Tuesday's weigh in is on my mind and I want to see some results.

REKP-got your address and will get those soups out to you this weekend.

REKP-what size are you in currently. I see you are at 213-I am thinking at 213 you are probably a size 18. Didnt you lose 40# in 4 months? I get so confused with who did what-it's like I need to make notes on who did what. LOL...I think as we all keep posting we will get to know each other better.

WE have lost a few posters. Right now it looks like there is only 4 of us. Hope to see more.

Speed of sound-how is your diet going? You are such a guy-the womans post are like four feet long and you post 3 sentences. I am just joking about it. My husband is like that-Ill send him a long detailed message and I get a one word reply- Just an observation please dont be offended........I am glad to see you here.

One complaint I have is that even though I have lost 10 lbs this month I cant feel it in my clothes. Patience. I am sure it is in places I cant notice
Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #187  
TOY

MAJOR freak out this morning!

I got dressed in front of the bathroom mirror instead of throwing on clothes in the bedroom. Yikes...

I have rolls of fat where I never had them before! First I freaked out then I realized I have developed "rolls" because there are "spaces" where it was once solid!

My "Oh NO!" turned to "Woo Hoo!" pretty quickly once I realized what I was seeing.

What a great way to start a Friday...
Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #188  

Toy:
Doing a happy dance for you. I love those non scale victories!

Shero:
The pants I bought last week are 20's. I hope to be in a 14 when I get to my goal of 163. I'm pear shaped and my butt is always the last to go when I start losing weight. But considering I was a 26 when I started this, I'm pretty happy with the progress. I am actually just finishing my 12th week of this tomorrow, but have lost 45 pounds as of last week. My loss has been dwindling for the past 2 weeks (3 pounds and 2 pounds) Really hope it has picked back up this week. The things you mentioned eating last night are sounding WAY too good to me right now. I don't know why I'm feeling so unsatisfied today. I'm not hungry, but just not satisfied. Haven't broke over yet, but I'm doing everything I can think of to stay out of the kitchen right now.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #189  

Default My week 12 weigh in

Hi all:
I lost 2 pounds this week. At the same time I'm happy for the loss, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong that it's not more. Thinking I'm going back to all shakes and puddings this week and see if there won't be a better weight loss this week coming up.
Kinda doing a weak happy dance this morning.

Just thinking when I was so serious about dieting a few years ago, I hit a huge plateau at 235. I honestly did not lose a pound for 5 weeks and had not changed my diet or exercise at all. I lost about 5 pounds the 6th week. Maybe my body is just adjusting to this diet by slowing down the weight loss now, at least it's not a no loss plateau if that's the reason.

Hope everyone has a good, on plan, weekend!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #190  
1 fat guy on a diet

My son's teacher has been on Weight Watchers for about a year and has lost a very large amount of weight (~100lbs). I spoke with her last week and she said she has not lost anything in the last 5 weeks, but has not changed anything about her plan. She is feeling pretty bummed about since she still has some more weight to lose. Hope the plateau breaks for both of you guys, don't get discouraged!

I'm starting Wonderslim Monday morning (finally!) and I fully expect a least a few no loss weeks on the road to goal. I'm thinking if I hit a plateau I will try liquid only for a a few days to try and break it. Maybe it will work, I really don't know
Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #191  

Hi REKP-I think you are losing sight of the fact-you lost 2 lbs. That is not a plateau. Remember, if you lose 2.5 lbs. a week that is 10 lbs a month. How much have you lost total this month?

We get so obsessed with the scale and numbers. Your exercising so who knows what the ratio is that you are gaining muscle and losing fat. You could be losing more fat the month but it wouldnt show because you have more muscle. Hope you get my point.

You now have lost more that have left to lose. That is a big milestone. I noticed it on your ticker. 47 lbs lost and 46 to go.

I am trying to keep focus and it is so close to the new month that I am scared I will also not be happy with the weight loss.

What I am happy about is that I have stuck to trying very hard for a month.

REPK-looks like Monday will be the mailing day. I forgot all about it today. REPK-your ticker is from your start date in Nov correct.

I also reseached "starvation mode" and believe that an 800 calorie "nutritious" diet is fine. Your body does not flip back and forth into it if you skip a food or dont eat for a few hours. Basically the conclusion I have come to is they say if you have more than 5% body fat it is almost impossible to go into "starvation mode". Alot of the information came from a study done by Minnesota state.

Good luck Speed of Sound with your Monday start.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #192  

Shero: It sounds like you were listening to my conversation with my husband this morning. He said the exact same thing. I've lost 12 pounds this month and I AM very happy with that. I just want to see the big losses I was having for the first few weeks. :-)
Ok...ready to kick the hornets nest again. What do you all think about "eating back" calories you've lost with exercise? I really don't enjoy exercise enough to want to do it just to eat more. It truly seems counterproductive to me.
Thanks for the research Shero! Looking forward to your happy dance post after your weigh in!
Where are you Ex-Tex? I miss your posts!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #193  

PS: My ticker is just with this diet, from Nov 6 to present.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #194  

Well-I was just looking on the previous posts and realize we have lost quite a bit of posters. Fatty-fat-fat, Shasta, Violet, now Extex and Where is Toy.

REPK your weight loss is going to slow down because as your weight falls you need less base calories. So you will steady off. But every time you say Nov 6th I have to count on my hand how many months that is. 3 months for 47 lbs. I am just amazed at the weight loss. That is 15 lbs a month. Over 3.5 lbs per week-that is so shocking.

I could only dream of that kind of weight loss.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #195  
TOY

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! LOL

I was MIA yesterday because I was out-of-town visiting and playing with my favorite two-year-old. She's technically a cousin but in closeness measure she's more like a granddaughter or close niece. She's also the first (nearby) baby girl in the family in nearly 40 years so I am having major big-time fun spoiling her. She absolutely entertains and fascinates me...as do most toddlers. I just love them when they reach the stage where they can communicate and play. I think we played most every toddler game...pretend and real...that's imaginable yesterday. Including the hokey pokey which I didn't remember as making me so dizzy...LOL

I honestly don't see how a mother of a toddler gets the first thing done. Guess if I'd been a mother I would have learned but when I'm around a toddler, I am just spellbound. Had the best time yesterday playing with her and babysitting while her mother ran errands.

Only bad thing is that they don't live close to me so I drove a bit over an hour each way and by last night my legs were major swollen again. They are down a bit this morning but not normal yet. It's really a bummer because since I've been dieting (after the ER scare with the legs and feet), they had not done this again. They hurt last night but at least the pain is gone this morning. I'll be off my feet with them propped up all day like the doctor advised last time and maybe I can avoid another ER/clinic visit. (The last time they put me on IV antibiotics and then major oral pills. This looks and feels like a repeat of that last problem instead of just edema but I'm hopeful it's not.)

Anyway, one of the things that crossed my mind (after the thought that I didn't want to have to go back to the doctor!) is how close we are to February 1. Grrrr...now all I can think about is this swelling and subsequent weight gain. I need it to go away quickly so I won't be disappointed when I weigh in. Shoot, besides the scale being my mortal enemy, the other reason I opted to just weigh once a month was to avoid crazy ups that I imagine this swelling/fluid is causing. Guess I'll need a padded cell if it doesn't go down and I show a gain on the first. It's one of those emotional overrides of my intellectual/logical self. I am so eager to see a loss (and NEED to see it!) that I cringe at the possibility of a gain...whether fluid or not.

Oh, well, I'm just going to play Scarlett O'Hara and think about that tomorrow. No sense worrying about it because these days will pass whether the fluid sticks around or not. I didn't drink as much water yesterday so I'm hopeful that pushing the water today will help "drain" my body a bit. I'm really so wanting to not have to go to the doctor until March like he and I had planned. At that point I will have been on the diet for 3 months and 2 weeks and should show a decent weight loss. (I'll also be one day past turning 60...gasp...so I desperately want that visit to be an upbeat one...LOL. I already know I'm getting a vaccination for shingles then and I need an upbeat visit to counteract the shot. Have I ever mentioned what a wimp I am...LOL)

In reality shots don't bother me much. What I'm dreading is the bloodwork. I'm very fair-skinned and my veins hide and then roll and bloodwork is a trauma. Once in awhile I'll get someone who listens to my request to restick as often as needed. The sticks don't hurt me near like the probing does. Must be some unspoken code of honor or something to not stick many times or they don't believe me for some reason. It's also hard to get them to use a tiny needle at first...one of my biggest complaints with the medical community is that they look at my fat body and think I need the "biggest" of everything...yeah, big blood pressure cuff but not needles and certainly not major doses of meds. Even in OTC meds, I take the minimum dosage.

Well, I'm off to a day of self-imposed bed rest to try to get my legs and feet back to normal size. Wish I remembered where I put my Kindle! I know where my husband's is but he'd think I'd contaminated it if I loaded a fiction book, I'm sure...LOL (Can you imagine...I "inhale" books and he only reads non-fiction. Hmmm...if I get too bored, I might just read a best-seller on his...it might be worth the fireworks! Plus, I can always delete it later if I chicken out. Wonder how carefully he examines the bill? LOL) Just kidding, I guess. I'd ask first...really...or maybe I can find a non-fiction book I can "suffer" through...now that's a thought!

Hope all of you are having a good weekend. Speed, good luck as you begin. I think you're going to like this product. Rose, I had a doctor tell me once that if you reach a "setpoint" (a place where your body weighed that amount for awhile), you might stall a week or so. Maybe, that's where you are...your body is reviewing old memories (LOL...that's my interpretation, not the medical response). Shero, appreciate the research you've done. Makes me feel much better! I kept reading, too, about how nutritious the new products are. I'm probably getting a more nutritious "feeding" per day than I did before I started the program. ExTex, are you still plugging along?

Most of the boards I've ever been on have those that come and go and those that comprise a core, so to speak. Hopefully, some of those that have been MIA for a few days will jump back in and post again. Life, after all, does get in the way sometimes no matter what our intentions are about posting on a regular basis. I'm clutching this thread like a lifeline because it helps me focus on being faithful to my dreams and goals. And, like I've said before, it keeps it from being my main conversation every day to my husband. He probably appreciates you all as much as I do!

I noticed we're getting many views from others. I would like to invite those passers-by to jump in and post whenever they want to. We're primarily on WonderSlim but not limited totally to that. We always welcome new ideas and thoughts, etc. on dieting. We may toss it around and then use it or not but the exchange is entertaining and food for thought at least. Plus, the food for thought isn't fattening...woo hoo! But, if you're shy about posting and had rather lurk, that's fine, too. You can help us keep the cobwebs out of the rafters if you feel so inclined.

Have a good day everyone. I'm just going to laze around and recover from yesterday's playdate with a two-year-old. Otay? (Her favorite word at the moment...LOL)

Last edited by TOY; 01-29-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Closed Thread