Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #61  
TOY

Welcome, ExTex! I'm excited for you to start this journey along with us and especially welcome to the thread. I think you'll find that sharing the experience with others will make the journey a bit more fun and I know, less lonesome. You won't be far behind us at all because the longest anyone of us has been on this (I think) is REKP who started in November, I started in December, and HelloDiet is starting probably the same date as you. Shero is transitioning or combining this with another program she was on so I'm not sure of her start date per se.

I haven't started my excercise regiment yet. We had cleared the day for errands and planned to go register for the water exercise program but I didn't rest well last night. Once in awhile I have a muscle clench in my lower back and when it does, I can't get comfortable. (Actually the water therapy might help but I'm too tired to go today.) Anyway, when this first happened years ago, the doctor gave me a knock-out shot but I've discovered over the years that if I can get into a deep enough sleep, the muscle will relax on its own. Luckily it doesn't happen all that often but I've learned the hard way to just give it up and rest and relax or else I just prolong the agony. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why it clenches either but once it happens, it seems you're more prone to it happening again. Grrr...

Love the quotation, REKP! I don't know the exact wording of the quotation but it reminds me of the sentiment that if it really means something to you, you'll find the time. I realized several years ago that saying I didn't have time didn't hold water as an excuse because I always managed to "find" the time to do the things I really wanted to do.

Have a good day, folks! (By the way, I just love this subscription thingey where you get an email when someone posts on the thread. I've never done that before this time and it makes it handy knowing when there are new posts.)
Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #62  

Height: 5'6

TOY,

Thank you so much for responding! :0) I am still anxiously awaiting my package. I really want to start tomorrow....I don't think I can do one "last binge" without seeing in on the scale! lol
In regards to exercise, I started the Power90 program a few days ago. It is really tough and I am not sure I will be able to continue once I am Wonderslim. My goal is just keep moving.Your choice of a water exercise program is a good one. It is great for building stamina and tone while supporting the joints.
Since my weight gain I find that I am literally hiding out in the house which is so unhealthy in so many ways. I plan on taking this one day at a time and, again, really look forward to sharing with all of y'all. Dieting is tough! I lost 90 lbs about 7 years ago and kept if off until the last few months when I put on 20. Compared to the 90, 20 lbs shouldn't seem like such a big deal but I am overwhelmed with the weight gain. Truly. I guess because I know how easy it is to snowball out of control again and who wants that?!
Anway, thanks again, TOY.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #63  

To help prepare myself for Wonderslim-ming, I downloaded and printed some material from the Medifast website. I find I always do better with a schedule when on a structured eating plan, something to look at which tells me what and when to eat. To that end, I printed the Medifast daily food check list, as well as their lean and green choices page. I am hoping it helps keep myself accountable...to me. :0)

(FedEx man....where are youuuu???)
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #64  
TOY

It is so frustrating to be ready to start something and not have the materials at your disposal!

Here's hoping your FedEx guy is just running behind today!

Hopefully, you'll get your box before the route ends today.

Sounds like you are well-prepared except for the foods arrival.

And...congrats on the 90 pounds you lost before...gosh, keeping it all off but 20 is a major accomplishment! With only 20 to go, you'll soon be sliding into home plate...all ready for the "barer" summer season!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Toy,
So sorry to hear about your back pain. Hopefully the water exercise will help when you feel like doing it. Try to get some rest until it lets up!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome ExTex and hello to HelloDiet. I have been on Wonderslim since Jan 1st. My goal was to only do the Wonderslim shakes but I have been doing the shakes at Breakfast and Lunch and a small meal at supper. The Bariwise Chocolate shake comes from Diet Direct also. I am not feeling good tonight so won't be along post. Guess the Noro virus is going around so I am not sure if it that or just the stomach flu. I ate a very lite Turkey sandwich incase it may be lack of food.

I am keeping track of my calories on my Kindle Fire-they have a free program and I love it.

Keep up the good work.

Remember if it's a good thing there will always be obstacles and losing weight is an excellent thing.

Thanks for the info on the lean and green.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #67  

Hello to Shero! Hope you and TOY are feeling better today.

My package arrived late last evening. Whew! I unpacked it this morning and already had my shake. Wasn't bad at all. I am staying out of the kitchen for the next few days. I told my husband and son they are on their own. I have all I need in my office upstairs. Yes, the food addiction has gotten that bad for me.

Shero, is that all you're eating? 2 shakes and a small meal? That doesn't sound like enough.

REKP- you're a cyclist? So is my husband. A terrific sport. I love watching the Tours!

Toy, thanks! This twenty lbs gain happened overnight. One morning, I woke up and Poof! nothing fit in my closet. Gotta hate it when that happens! ;0)
I think I forgot my golden rule, " I can not eat like everyone else. Ever. And it's OK." I have learned that carbs are not my friend....I spiral out of control when I eat them. It's kinda scary. That's what drove me to WonderSlim; I am completely out of control with my appetite and really need the restriction to re teach the taste buds and satiety button.

How is every one doing today? Ready with our water bottles? : o)

(hopefully, I don't start to bug y'all, just want to keep in touch because I do believe our success rate is higher if we don't do this alone)
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #68  
TOY

ExTex, you certainly won't bug me. I enjoy checking in and finding new posts. I think that participating on the board keeps me from letting my diet dominate all my conversations with my husband. Chatting about it here seems to get it out of my system (if that makes any sense) and I don't dwell on it 24/7. I imagine he appreciates all of you as much (or even more than) I do...LOL

REKP, thanks for the kind words about the back pain. I haven't had the muscle clench this bad in several years. I think the water will help in the respect that hopefully it will improve my flexibility alot. My range of motion has certainly been affected by my immobility these last few years. I think moving in water will help the muscle tone so that I can move better on land...at least that's the goal. Just don't know if I'm up to going to sign up for the pool today. I've learned from past experience that if I don't take it easy after a back problem, I end right back in the same shape. It's like having a charley horse in your leg that goes away and then clenches again just when you think you're over it. Guess I'll play it by ear since it's still early in the day. (I always cringe when I type anything about the time because when this posts, the time will be crazy different from the time it is now. I haven't quite figured out how these times are derived.)

Shero, are you liking your Kindle Fire? I love my Kindle but am considering telling my husband I want the Fire for my birthday. Haven't quite made up my mind since I'm still not sure how much it overlaps. However, I think I would enjoy having it in waiting rooms instead of lugging my laptop, etc. Still not sure though but we are entering the time of the year I call my "gift zone" (LOL...to my husband's dismay). February=Valentine's Day, March=my birthday, and April=our anniversary. Plus, this year is our 25th anniversary so it will be more special than usual. At our age and with our health issues, it's unlikely we'll both be around for a 50th. However, one never knows! We both married late in life...first marriages for each of us and boy were we set in our ways. We still don't even use the same toothpastes...LOL

HelloDiet, I imagine you are gearing up to start your program. Sending positive thoughts your way for a successful start to a losing year.

Maggie and others, haven't forgotten you either! If you're lurking, drop a quick post to let us know how you are. I know you were having a bit of a problem with the products...hope that's all worked out for you. I read somewhere that someone else discovered an allergy (or something) to soy protein. I hope that's not the problem you're having.

Hope everyone has a great day! As for me, I'm getting anxious for the first of the month to get here so I can weigh again but I'll survive the wait. I think I'll be able to better project once I know this second month's loss. I see all these great buys on fall/winter clothes right now and sorta wish I knew what size I'd be next fall/winter so that I could buy a few things but I have no clue. Guess I've never explained that over the years I had clothes of all sizes when I dieted. Some I'd "outgrown" and hoped to diet into again, etc. and some I had for motivation. However, all I have now are the huge clothes because our house burned in 2002 while we were both at work. Now I no longer have the option of shopping in my own closet for things that fit as I lose. However, I'm going to have to lose much more than I have before things get so loose that I look utterly sloppy so that's a worry for another day!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #69  

Toy,

I can relate to boring the people in our lives about our programs. I told my mother about it over coffee and after awhile her eyes started to glaze over! lol

Again, so sorry about your back. I can just imagine the pain and frustration you are experiencing. You 'll get to your water program when you're ready and able to.

I can't believe it is so late in the day! I have to eat my lunch. I decided to work out first because I know if I put it off for too long, I simply do not do it.

Hope everyone's day is going well. :0)
Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Good Evening all-I am feeling better. I never was physically sick but every time I stood up I was nauseated. I know the noro (sp) virus is going around because it was on the news.

It was a snowy day here in Michigan so it was nice to home. I called in sick and tomorrow is my day off. I do accounting in a company that does manufacturing and distribution of Weathervanes, bird related items, mailboxes, etc. I work there for a Temp company and have been there for close to 15 months. I am sure as we get to know each other I will vent about it. Right now I am into talking about the diet.

ExTex-we are all here to support each other and I love to hear your comments. I certainly agree with Toy. I was trying to do only the wonder slim shakes but I find myself eating a meal also. The first week I was eating less than 1,000 calories. This week I have been taking in more.

Toy-how do I mark forums so the are like my "favorites" I find myself reading alot of them and it is confusing me. I would really like to mark a few so I dont end up trying to figure out how everyone is losing-I need a support group and have found this WS forum is the one I really like. I would love to know when people post. I need to get my tickler on here also I think I have posted enough now. So if you give us newbies some 3FC's website training-I would sure like it.

I love my Kindle Fire-I got it for Christmas so I am still new at it. It's the first Android based item I have owned. I am not a big tex-ter and a few months ago got my first cell phone that will browse the web. The calorie app is great. I have been faithful to keeping a calorie count since 1/1/12 because it is so user friendly. From what I can tell the food's that are automatically in the program is excellent. I have added the Wonderslim shakes and that was easy. My neighbor got a Nook a few days from Christmas and that has given me the opportunity to compare them. I like my Kindle Fire better for the following reasons: The KF has speakers at the top edge-the Nooks are on the back. The first month your KF gets free Amazon Prime and so alot of App's are free. I am not sure about the Nook but when I helped set it up I did not find this but I am not sure if it was available or not. Toy I would say if you can afford one-you got a weighing coming up so good time to reward yourself. They are not a laptop but they are an excellent portable word processing, pictures, gaming and bookreader.

REPK-Thank you for the sample day. 40# in the amount of time you lost (2 months)is such an inspiration. Are you counting calories? I keep going back to your post to make sure I have it right. I was impressed with the regamine. I need to get the exercise going so I can get such a good start.

How is everyone doing with writing in the word program then posting it? I have started doing it so I can respond better to the post by reading them while I am writing.

My hope for this forum is that we can become great support for everyone. Have a great evening and remember it's ok to leave some food on the plate.........

I am a question person so I have a final one-is any adding more protein to their shakes? My neighbor suggested it. I wish I knew more about protein-it seems to be an important issue.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #71  

Default Hello All!

ExTex, sorry if my post was misleading. I'm not coordinated enough, or have enough stamina to be a real cyclist. The best I can do is my exercise bike I love to watch the bike races on tv and pretend that's what I'm doing when I'm on the exercise bike.

Shero I really am not counting calories, I'm just sticking pretty much to the shakes and lean and green meal. I do check once in a while to make sure I'm not blowing it out of the water with my protein or vege choices.

Toy: I had to laugh when I read your post about going shopping in your closet. I had just put the remainder of my "someday" clothes into my "wear everyday" closet! I'm going to have to go shopping soon, I would like to get in on some of the end of season sales too, but have no idea what size I will be when I get to my goal.

Hope you all have a good night!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #72  
TOY

Gosh, Shero, this will be like the blind leading the blind for me to try to teach something about this board...LOL...still unsure how to get back to some of the things I've passed before! However, I did learn how to subscribe to this thread which is how I know when someone has posted. I really like that feature so I don't cruise over here and find I'm just talking to myself. (Thankfully that's not happening these days!)

Anyway, go to the very top of this page of posts and right under the page numbers you'll see a tab called "Thread Tools" (mine's in dark purple). In that pull-down menu you'll see a choice that says "Subscribe to this thread". Then you'll get a screen that allows you to choose an option for notification (I use the instant by email). The description about the folder just tells how many subscriptions you have on this board and then click on "add subscription". That's all I did. You can do that on any of the threads on here that you want to follow. (Then if you ever want to stop the email notifications, you go to the same tab and click "unsubscribe")

That's all the exploring I've really done but I really like this feature. Evidently we put in our email address when we signed up (I can't remember) because you don't have to enter it, etc. Just those clicks and you're ready to go. What I like about it is that if there are five new posts, I still only get one message that day telling me there's a new message.

As for your question about adding more protein...I'm not. I'm just a little bit scared to mess with their formula because it is already high in protein and I know there has been controversy in the past about high protein diets affecting the kidneys. That's why I try so hard to get alot of water drunk now. I had to do one of those 24-hour urine collections a couple of times now because of them finding protein in a urine sample. Hope that's not TMI but neither of those times were times when I was dieting but I am conscious of it still. I'm not sure I would even entertain the thought of putting in more protein without asking a doctor...but then I've had an issue with that before. I'm just kind of supporting the mentality of if it's working for me, why mess with it...if that makes any sense.

However, confession time...LOL. Even with that mentality, I vary what I'm eating as my lean and green by carefully calculating the calories some days. Suffice to say that tonight's dinner didn't have one speck of green in it...so I guess I am messing with the program in that sense. We had two college ballgames to watch tonight (grrr...lost them both) and that equates to pizza around here. I didn't do that but I did order the chicken strips after I discovered that they were baked...Papa John's...who knew???? Seriously, I was checking to find out their calories when I literally accidentally discovered they were lightly breaded and BAKED! So I didn't feel deprived when food was delivered but I also didn't force myself to eat green either. However, when all was said and done, I didn't exceed my calorie range today and it did help my feelings. (Probably the wrong thing to admit since I do eat emotionally. However, I have felt yucky with this back for nearly 3 days now so I decided to splurge a bit. I do think the back is feeling some better so I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be normal. It wasn't the miracle chicken that did it though...I finally got into a deep enough sleep that the muscle relaxed. Now if it's still relaxed by the morning, I'm good to go!)

REKP, I loved those days when I moved clothes to the "wear" closet! It is so much fun to get back into a favorite outfit that haunted your thoughts.

ExTex, HelloDiet, and everyone else...haven't forgotten you. Hope all is going well.

Everyone have a great Friday and a relaxing week-end. Looks like it may be quite a cold one.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #73  

Good Morning All!

Well, yesterday was my first day and I did it. I have to admit I was pretty crabby but all and all it was a good day.

Shero, I ate less than 1000 yesterday but not sure if I want to continue consuming so little. I am using the Medifast eating plan with the Wonderslim products. The products are pretty similar in nutrition, but the eating plans are quite different although after doing the math, the "real food" on either program accounts for roughly 350-400 calories of the day. The real difference is the carb count. Wonderslim allows more carbs in their food choices. Since eating carbs got me back into this place, I think its best to eradicate as much as them as I can!

I don't think you need to add protein. We are already consuming so much!

Toy. thank you so much for the info on how to get email notification of posts. I could not figure out how to do it!!

The closet.....I can't fit into anything in my closet! Not a darn thing. I am not working right now, so sweats are okay to wear for now. I lost my job as a Special Education Teacher due to district restructuring and layoffs over a year ago and can't get back into the teaching game. There are many districts here who have frozen hires and with so many teachers out of work, it is near impossible to get an interview. I know a quite a few principals who are trying to help to no avail. Anyway, long story short, I applied to nursing school and start in a few months. It will be my third degree and third career change. Ummm, yay?!? :0)

Off to take my son to school!

Wishing everyone a fantastic day!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #74  

Default Papa Johns Chicken strips

Toy:
The post about Papa John's chicken strips made my day! My husband loves Papa John's Pizza. Now I can have something tasty while he is having his pizza during our ball games. (Go UK!)
That's the reason I like this board so much! We can all help each other on this journey.
Something I've tried the past couple of days that has been really good...I'm not a big fan of chocolate and have ended up with a lot more packets of chocolate shake than I ever wanted (didn't know originally that you could customize the month supply of food) I've been adding just a pinch of coconut to the pudding and it's so good! I know I can get through the other 50 packets I have left if I can add the coconut. Kinda reminds me of a mounds bar.
Hope everyone has a good (on plan) day!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #75  
TOY

Oh dear, REKP, it's too soon for us to be parting ways! Remember those games I said we lost? One of them was to your UK women by one point! Yep, I'm orange and white by marriage...UT Vols all the way...LOL (I strongly suspect your guys will be beating us like a drum in the near future, too. I think we play you next.)

Just kidding about the parting of ways because I have many friends who are UK fans. My former school system was on the KY border (west) so about half our faculty were UK fans while the others were UT. I'm quite used to friendly rivalry...but let's just say I won't be making any bets on who wins that upcoming game...LOL. (It would "make" our season though...)

Talking about the pudding...for the life of me I can't figure out why on earth I even bought pudding. The shake can be made into that, too. I'm going to have to experiment one of these days to see if I can water the pudding down enough to make it a shake. (I don't even particularly like regular, calorie-laden pudding so I don't know what possessed me to order it...and of course, in one of my Susie Homemaker rare moments, I discarded all the boxes so exchanging is not an option.)

On some diet I was on...think it might have been Medifast...I discovered the world of sugar-free DaVinci syrups. I ordered lots of different flavors but I think one of my friends found some in TJ Maxx and I think Wal-Mart carries the hazelnut. I bought exotic flavors though like toasted coconut, etc. Guess I need to get them out of the cabinet and play mad scientist to see what I can concoct. The cherry and raspberry are great in lemonade as I remember. I can't recall offhand where I ordered them from (and some flavors don't ship in winter because of glass bottles) but a search in Google would locate it, I'm sure.

ExTex, some of you gals worry me with your calorie count even though I know it's none of my business. I really think if you're going to go below 1200 you probably should discuss it with your doctor. You can do some real damage by going too low if you're not careful...plus, you'll get your body so accustomed to such a low amount that you're more likely to gain it back quickly when you return to normal. I know we're all adults here and I probably should keep my fingers still (as opposed to mouth shut) but I rather like having ya'll around to chat with... Just do a bit of research and/or talk to your doctor. It's just not healthy to go "anorexic" (sp?) when you diet. Now I promise I'll stop harping on this...at least in this post.

On a different note, ExTex, I am so sorry to hear about the teacher lay-offs. I can't even begin to imagine how stressful that must be. Luckily I retired before anything like that happened because I can't visualize myself ever doing anything but teaching. It was the only goal I ever had in life as far as a profession went. They said before I even started to school people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I always answered exactly the same which amused everyone. I said I wanted to be "an old maid schoolteacher." Since I didn't marry until I was 35, I used to think I had put a curse on myself! Funny thing is that at that time I didn't know anyone who was a teacher...no one ever could figure out how I came up with that response.

So far, so good with the back today. I think I'm going to able to actually function like a human instead of a rock today. However, it is so very cold outside that I doubt that I want to run errands. Best thing about being retired (other than sleeping in) is being able to postpone stuff until a prettier (warmer) day. I was good at procrastination before I retired but now I've practically perfected it.

Have a good Friday, everyone.
Closed Thread