Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #226  

Height: 5'6

Toy, you lost 24 lbs in 2 months!! that is fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself. It is a journey, we'll get there. I am adding exercise to my program as well. I just got off my Pilates machine and have a nice sweat goin'! Let's see how exercise speeds up our progress.

Shero, 15 lbs?! Yay! Keep it up!

Hi, speed. Congratulations on your successful second day! Thanks for letting us know about taste of NLD. It always helps to know what products are out there.

My weight loss for January was 8 lbs. I'm okay with that considering my many slips. I am changing a few things this month; first, I will take that silly vitamin. It makes me nauseous, but I understand it helps with your energy level. Second, I will eat every three hours. I think I let myself get too hungry and then the mindless eating begins. Third, I will jump on my Pilates every day. EVERY DAY. Hopefully, with these changes I will see a ten lb loss for February.

To those of you I missed, keep shaking!

have a wonderful day, everyone!

Rose, I can relate to the money pull. I told myself its either spend money on Wonderslim or buy a whole new wardrobe! I so want to get back into my clothes....I miss them terribly. Sounds silly, but its true. While I was exercising today I was imagining myself back in to some of my favorite outfits. lol Whatever works, right?

Nowisthetime, don't worry about what will make you lose weight faster; pick a program that you can stick to. On WS you can chew food. you get to eat one lean and green, a fruit, a small starch, in addition to your WS meal supplements. I am not sure what products you have but WS does offer entrees like spicy pasta, vegitarion chili, cereal, even pancakes. You'll do fine.

Welcome, scissorhappy! So glad you're here with us. Glad we were able to inspire you and look forward to your posts.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #227  

It is so strange how my posts are written in one order but when I "publish" them to the site, they come out differently. Crazy.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Nowisthetime: I've been thinking about your question about combining Wonderslim with Adkins. I'm not sure they wouldn't be at odds with each other from the start. Wonderslim is high protein, low carb (but does have some) and very low fat. From what I remember about Adkins, it was high protein, low carb and fat wasn't counted. It may have changed since I was on it eons ago. Really, what I would suggest is to try Wonderslim as directed for a month. Use your lean and green meal to get the satisfaction of chewing your food (or divide it into two meals!)
I have tried to mix diets before and it hasn't been successful for me. This time I decided to pick one and stick with it.
I think Speedofsound and I are both doing the New Lifestyle plan, using Wonderslim products. I think Shero, ExTex, and Toy are all doing Wonderslim, but with an eye on calories. I'm not as focused on calories, since I know if I follow the plan exactly I'll be getting from 900 to 1200 a day with the variable being the type of lean and green meal I choose.
Just my opinion...let us know what you decide to do and we'll all support your choice!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #229  

Nowisthetime, I follow the Medifast plan using WS products. So 5 WS meal replacements and one lean and green meal.

Medifast 5 an 1 plan recommends:

800-1000 cal
<30 g fat
<100 g carbs
at least 70 grams of protein

The Lean and Green Meal should be:

250-300 cal
NA fat
>25g protein
<15 g carbs

I pretty much stay within these limits on a daily basis.

Rose, I will have to look into the plan for NLB. I am not really sure what it calls for.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #230  

Shero, Did you say you use the Bariwise Shakes/Puddings? Diet Direct has a sale. How do you like them?

Kays Natural Protein Chips- has anyone tried these? Opinion?

Thanks!! Jennifer
Old 02-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #231  

Default Thanks so much!

Shero:
Got the soups in the mail today. Thanks so much! I truly appreciate them.
Hope you're having a great day!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #232  

ExTex: New lifestyle is 7 packets of the protein meals a day and one lean and green meal. (8 oz of lean protein and 2 cups of green veges)
Should be around 1000-1200 calories according to your choices for the lean and green, around 160 protein, 72 carbs and 18 fat.
Sorry I was mistaken about your plan you are following I get confused as to what we all are doing.
I'm waiting for my Walden Farms order now. Should be here today. I'm excited to try the things I've ordered.
Sara: I haven't had any thyroid problems, but do know that soy protein can mimic the hormone estrogen. That is the reason I chose the diet high in whey protein instead of pure soy protein.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #233  

Rose, don't apologize! We are on so many different plans!! I was just trying to help Nowisthetime. Thanks for the info on NLD. Sounds much like Medifast with the addition of two protein supplements.

Can't wait until your get your Walden Farm order; please post your thoughts.

Last edited by ExTex; 02-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hello all,

I am so excited for you all having lost weight. Stick with it. We can all do it together. Just think we have lost not gained. 24#'s in two months. That is so great. Isnt it funny how we can take our own joy away by wanting more-hum kinda like food.

REKP-glad you got the soups already.

I am using the Bariwise shakes-they are fine-a little thick but the ones I am using is like a double shake. My neighbor and I bought them a while ago and she did not use them I bought them from her. I saw they were on sale along with vitamins which I do need.

Cost of the Wonderslim program-priceless. This is definately cheaper than stomach surgery or joining Medical Weight Loss clinic. You can watch Craigslist or Ebay if you want to feel like you are getting a buy. That is how I started on the shakes-bought some out of my local paper. They were Medical Weight Loss clinic shakes then found diet direct and compared them-wa la same thing.

Here is the list of 15g Protein Meals from my co-worker who's husband had stomach surgery:

2 eggs w/low fat chees and veggies.
1/2 cup beans w/1/4 c. lowfat cheese and salsa
1 c. Kashi Go lean w/fat free yogurt or milk
Weight Control Oatmeal made with milk
1/2 c. cottage cheese w/fruit
2 slices ham rolled up w/ onion/pickle and low fat cream cheese
1/4 c. soynuts mixed w/ 1/2 c kashi Go lean with teaspoonful of dried fruit.
Salad greens topped w/ 1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 c low fat cheese, fruit, other veggies and low fat dressing.

Listed Nutrition Goals
Protein: 60g for women, 75g men daily
Fluids: at least 64 ounces daily
Vitamins: Fusion? Multivitamin (2/day) calcium citrate (1000-1200mg/daily) vitamin b12 (at least 500 mcg daily).

Eating schedule: Ease your way into 3 meals and 1-2 snacks daily-dont go longer than 5 hours without eating.

This is Phase 4: Lean Protein, Veggies & Fruit.

I also have a handout from Class One:Principles to Prepare for Bariatric Surgery.

Sit down to eat
keep serving bowls off the table
set utensils down between bites
aim to be the last one done with one helping.
use smaller utensils,chopsticks, or non-dominant hand to eat.

Eat on Schedule:
Plan to eat within an hour of getting up/every 3-5 hours through the day.
dont allow yourself to get overly hungry-leads to overeating unhealthy choices.

Smaller amounts more often.

Vitamins: Adult multivitamin daily.

Exercise. Move more today than yesterday.

Go over a nutrition Label-
Always start with the serving size.
Choose food with less than 5 grams total fat
Choose foods with 2 grams saturated fat or less per serving. Avoid Trans fats.
Get in the habit of looking at total protein.
Choose grain-based products with at least 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Try to limit sugars to 10g or less per serving.

Last edited by Shero; 02-01-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #235  

Welcome Scissorhappy. Don't run with them LOL. Glad to see you have joined this forum of Wonder-ful people.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #236  

Lots of Medifast on Ebay.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #237  

I have lost major weight 2x in the last 17 years-why I dont I keep it off?

1995-stress. I probably lost around 70 or so pounds that year. I guess a broken heart will do that to you. Best thing that could have ever happened when it comes to relationships. I was looking so good when I got married in 1996. Gradually put it all back on over I would guess 5 years. Happy and eating again.

Stayed in Xland until Christmas 2009. By October 2010 I had went from 267# to 204#-I was so excited about oneland. Once again in a stressful situation and took it off. Stress was resolved by thanksgiving 2010. Happy and eating again. Got a job in a office Nov 2010. Oh how they love to eat.

January 2011-what the heck happened again-back up to 267. At this weight even my eyelids get fat.

Here I am and what do I expect to be different this time? what makes you go "hum"?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 230/208/130

Height: 5'4

Hi all
Thank you all so much for saying "hi".Well its another day .I am finding it hard to eat all my food . I know I need to.Maybe Id rather eat nothing at times than the food?lol Either way I am committed,and thats awesome.I am trying to just be automatic......like my body is a machine and am "trying" to visualize food as just fuel.Not my crutch lol. Toy - My ,My ,My Congratulations on your loss teach. Maybe you should pick up a couple big sacks of potatoes and a smaller one ,walk down a couple aisles and really "feel" your weightloss? I am so happy for you and your feat . REKP - Thank you for the warm welcome and such encouragement. We got this ! Shero -I do run with 'em lol.thanks for such helpful info.I will try some of the meal ideas for sure . ExTex-So glad your feeling better and back in the saddle again and your pilates machine thats so wonder-ful. - Hi to everyone new here to . So I weighed in and I lost 6 pounds in 5 days.I hope I can wait for the first each month. I dunno if i can do it tho.I might sneak on and off it so lets see.I do know that I am eating a lot healthier and that is the main goal for me. Wishing you a calm relaxing day guys .....
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #239  

Thanks for posting the 15 gram protein plan, Shero.

What makes me go "hum?" I first gained weight after my husband left my newborn son and me in Jan 2000. I just ate and ate and ate. Finally, I had enough. I was only in my early 30's and already my ankles and knees hurt so I lost the weight. 80 lbs. I think that was 2004? 2003? Can't remember.

I kept it off until this past summer. I had a 11 day stay in hospital, 5 of them in ICU. After being so sick for so long, I went a little crazy with the food. At that time, I needed to gain weight but I went 20 (really 25) lbs too far. I couldn't stop eating. I have a tendency to binge eat.

I went on WS because I know myself. I could very easily put back all the weight plus more. I have never been able to just restrict my calories, fat grams etc. I really need a restrictive plan. I didn't have too many problems maintaining my weight loss before though I have to admit this time around losing the weight is a lot tougher. Who knows. I do plan to keep WS in my daily post loss diet. I think starting my new career in nursing will help too. Getting laid off my job as a teacher took a toll on my psyche.

I am hoping two things with this plan. First, to lose the weight! lol Secondly, to retrain my body and my mind to eat healthy foods in the correct portions. I also recognize this time around, I have to exercise.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited by ExTex; 02-02-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #240  

Is anyone taking an appetite suppressant? Vitamins?
Closed Thread