Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyebelly View Post
Ok day two and good to go so far. I'm sticking with the 1000 calorie plan until i start exercising again then i'll bump it up to the 1200 plan. So far the shakes have been great, i mix 1/2 tsp. of flaxseed oil in mine (for my skin and joints..have been takin it for awhile)...and i heard about maybe needing to supplement with some fiber...i don't know yet haven't had issues in that department I had the tex mex w/veggie entree for lunch...and i thought it was good. However i need to say i am not a picky eater at all!! Its been noted quite a few times in my family that i could eat a rubber tire and be ok with it! But i still liked it! I wasn't hungry throughout the day and it was a lot easier than if i would have tried to do 1000 calories on my own. If anyone has ideas for lean and green meals i could use some help! I have a 2,5 and 9 year old...all pretty good eaters with veggies and that kind of thing, but i'm used to making casseroles about once a week...and they aren't too healthy. I just have a hard time planning out meals ahead of time! Can't wait for everyone to start!
So the Tex Mex was good and some say on the WS site under comments of Tex Mex that it was rubbery? I wonder if I will like it also? As far as casseroles, why don't you try to look up some healthy casseroles on the cooking network. I know that Rachel Ray make healthy foods. I will try to help you figure out some lean and greens later I have to go back to work. What are some of the thinks on the food list that you like? I would have my 4 or 3 oz meat, maybe some mashed potatoes with I can't believe it's butter spray and veggies, or you can have a baked potatoe with ICBIBS
with the optional of nonfat sour cream. Somthing like that.

I never plan my meals because I have a hard time also and it is said that we should do that lol. I take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 158/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Annie - come join us - we are going to lose big!! I tried NS but couldn't stand the food - very Chef Boy R Dee to me - sent it all back.

Love hearing how you like the food - mine came yesterday and all my subsitutions were right! I like all the info and weekly "lessons" that come with the kit. I have started reading it but plan to do more today. I am going to stick to the 1000 calorie plan for right now too. I am also going to make up my own tracking worksheets. I need more detail than the ones they sent. I like to check off boxes (silly).

I have decided to wait until Saturday to start so I can go full throttle. In the past a big problem of mine was getting off track and never getting back on. I need to follow the plan exactly!

Lean and Green meals - I am also a day by day planner but if I come across any goodies I'll share. I absolutely detest fish so mine will be lots of chicken and turkey.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Thanks annie and mollymai for the meal ideas. Mollymai i can see where some people would call the tex mex chicken rubbery, but i figure diet type food like this isn't going to taste gourmet..maybe thats why i don't mind, but the spicy cheese and pasta i really liked. i think i'm going to look up some healthy casseroles and do some experimenting...maybe use some ground turkey in something...on another note i tweaked my morning choc. shake by adding in 1/2 a banana and espresso and ice and put it in the blender...wow yummy! I made a berry smoothie yesterday with less than stellar results! I think it was how i made it though, so i'm going to try a different flavor today and put it in the blender with some ice and see how it goes. If it turns out the same i will be returning those and getting more choc. shakes! Other than that i'm not having a hard time sticking to the diet and i'm not getting hungry My mom is starting the same diet today too so we'll see how she likes it as well. Yay for day 3!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #34  

TNBaby we're big chicken eaters so healthy cooking ideas would be awesome! Can't wait for you to join us!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 310/236.8/135

Smile Just wanted to introduce myself.

Hi there.

I love this forum. I have been reading a lot of it over the past couple of days. It is so nice to have someone to talk to that is going through the same thing as me. Losing this weight has to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I have lost over 70 lbs so far. I ordered the Wonderslim 4 week starter kit and I expect it to arrive by the end of this week. I am really excited to try it. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit and the past couple of months it hasn't been moving much at all. I thought this would help kick start me and get the weight loss going again.

I use to be very small but over the years let myself get to 310 lbs. I now weigh 238 and I would like to reach 135. I love how you all support each other. Losing weight is a long road and we can allways use as much support as we can get.

I hope to get familliar with you all and start to support you all as well.

Well I think I have put you all to sleep by now. lol So I will stop typing now. lol
Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #36  

Welcome to all the new commers, or shall I say losers in a good way. We will all overcome this and be losers.

I am jealous that I can't start WS until the end of Feb., but I can't wait to join all of you. byebyebelly keep telling us how the food taste and I can't wait til you weigh in.

I have close to 100lbs to lose and have a long journey ahead.

Last edited by mollymai; 02-03-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #37  

Welcome Margie! Hope WS jumpstarts your loss again. I bet it will. I really think most of us don't eat enough protein when we are dieting to prevent losing our muscle tissue and keep our metabolisms moving. Are you measuring your body fat % as well as weight? My sister has been on a plan (not WS) for a few months and the scale lately has barely moved but her body fat percentage has dropped over 5% - it is pretty hard to move usually.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #38  

Welcome Margie
Day 4 and i'm still rockin! I want to cheat and weigh myself before monday, but i know if i do i'll start doing it everyday..then i'll live by the number on the thing I pretty much make all my shakes and smoothies in the blender now. The strawberry smoothie is definitely better than the berry! I made the strawberry in the blender with ice..super yummy! So i remade the berry one the same way...it was better than the first time for sure, but still just artificially tasting, so i added a 1/2 of banana to it, and it made it better. I think with the whole thing the hardest part for me is making dinner for the family, then restricting myself to the amount i'm supposed to eat, and what i'm supposed to eat..but i've been doing it! Lets all keep truckin!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #39  

Default Thanks for the nice welcome.

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome. That idea about measuring my body fat. I never thought of that. I think I will do that and see what it is.

I was hoping to get my Starter kit today. Nothing yet. Well I weigh in every Tuesday and it should be here before then. If it gets here before then I think I will hold off and start on Wednesday. That way I will know what exactly what I weigh before I start on Wonderslim. Then I will know just how much is coming off while I am on it.

Those shakes sound great. I love hearing about everyones opinion on the different meals and ways to change them.

Well I will let you all know what I think when it gets here.

Hope everyone is having a great day. We are all a bunch of loosers. lol In a good way.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #40  

Byebyebelly - what kind of blender are you using ?- I have a hard time with mine crushing up my ice like I like it. Also, what kind of food scale are you girls using? I have one that is not digital, just the old fashioned kind with the cup on top and a springy scale. Should I get a digital one?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #41  

TNBaby i have a kenmore elite blender..it was my x-mas present last year from hubby! But it has different speeds...i just kind of keep blending and mixing it up until i don't hear ice chunks anymore because i don't like ice in my drinks. Margie hopefully yours will be here soon! Can't wait to hear your progress!
Last night i made an AWESOME dinner (if i do say so myself ) I found it on the taste of home website. Its basically chicken fajitas but you put the chicken, onions, bell peppers and a can of diced tomatoes and chopped green chillies into a baking dish, then mix up some canola oil, chili powder, cumin and salt and drizzle over the chicken mix, toss to coat, goes into the oven @ 400 for 20-25 min. So freakin yummy! All the kids loved it too! i normally do fajitas on the stove but this was so much easier, i'm keeping it this way. Normally i put all the fixins cheese, sour cream etc. on mine, but i didn't last night, and i ate it with half of a whole wheat low carb tortilla shell...and it was amazing!
TNBaby i actually don't have a food scale, i'd like to get one but its just not in the budget at the moment.
On a different note...i cheated and weighed myself early and i'm down 4 lbs!!! Yay me!!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #42  

Default Not here yet!

Well hello everyone. Canada shipping sucks. lol. Apparently the truck was here this morning twice and didn't get an answer. NOT! I work from home and I have 4 dogs and one is a huge and misses nothing. There is no way the delivery guy was here. Anyway by the time I checked the tracking number the post office was closed.

Well now I have to wait until Monday to go and pick it up myself. lol

Anyway, does anybody know what is on the shopping list? I am going shopping tomorrow and was wanting to get everything I need so I can start the Wonderslim diet on Tuesday. I couldn't find anything on the web site as far as what is on the list.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #43  

Default Sounds good.

Damn, I just noticed....those fajitas sound great. I will have to give them a try.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #44  

Default Congrats.

Dagnabbit! I need to read more before I post from now on. I feel like I am spamming. lol

Congrats on losing the 4 lbs.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #45  

Wow - congrats on the 4lbs! I am also a scale cheater so I totally understand and will probably weigh my self everyday as I just can't help it! The chicken fajitas sound awesome - I am looking them up today to put in my recipe stash.

So today is my first day ! We went out last night for one last hurrah. It was fun but I'm up 2lbs from last time I weighed - I fluctuate a lot - but I'm sure the margaritas didn't help - LOL! We were talking about the diet on the way home and hubby actually said he ought to do it with me - quite surprising - don't know if he will or not but - he better not eat my food!!!!! I am really liking not having to plan but one meal a day - then I can really cook something good it feels like for my dinner. I've busted out all my cookbooks.

Margie - sorry about the shipping . I guess being in TN and dietdirect in GA I am in a pretty good location for shipping only take a day or two! As for your shopping list - I bought a few things last night but will mostly wait and take the lean and green meals day by day. Here are a few things on the list:

diet sodas (orange, root beer, lemon lime ) to mix with your shakes - oh and lots of frozen fruit. and water
Basically any type of fresh fruit or vegetable
starches - very few - it says 80 cal/serving so that will give you a good idea - basically whole wheat, low carb that sort of thing
meats - turkey breast, chicken breast, fish, shellfish, pork tenderloin, beef tenderloin, nonfat cheeses
Extras - FF sourcream, SF syrup, salsa, catsup, RF margarine
I'm doing the 1000 calorie so no fats for me - taking omega 3 though and multivitamin

I looked through the reviews on the dietdirect website to get some ideas what to mix with the supplements. Have fun shopping!

As for my blender - I'm thinking of picking up some ice from Sonic - is is so soft I think it will chop well. We'll see!

How do you girls get pics on your profile?
Closed Thread