New to Forum, Interested in OA - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #1  

Default New to Forum, Interested in OA

Hello,

I am new! I am 25 years old, and I think that I have an eating problem. I eat healthy foods, but I frequently binge. I feel like I can not control the cravings. I have been fine for about a month, and I have lost some weight. But, I have an overwhelming fear that I will binge again in the future. It is always on my mind. I have relatives with the same problem.

I am a graduate student, but the binging started in high school. I was really active in high school and in college, so the weight just started REALLY sticking over this past couple of years.

I know that I have a problem because I seem to only binge alone, and I was at one time planning my binges...and getting excited about my binges! I know that this is not normal.

The only question is that with Overeaters Anonymous, would I have to abstain from all restaurants and fast food? I can control myself at restaurants. I seem to have the problem when I am alone, and there really is not any specific food that I am binging on...basically just whatever is there at the time!
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Try visiting this thread. It may help to hear from others with similar problems. Good Luck!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98068
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi starzzy--

Welcome! I'm glad that you are here.

The best way to decide if OA is for you is to go to a meeting. You can find a list of meetings at www.oa.org

Nope, OA doesn't require you to stop eating fast food or at restaurants. As a matter of fact, I eat out more than I eat at home, and a fare share of those meals are from "fast food" places. OA doesn't tell you what you can or cannot eat. That is something that you determine for yourself. OA helps you to figure out what your trigger foods are and then gives you tools to help you avoid eating them. You work with your sponsor to figure out a food plan that works for you, your life, and your abstinence.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote