Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default an abstinent winter

It's cold here. It snowed a bit last night. My family has been requesting hot chocolate and popcorn recently. I find myself desiring warm comfy food that I can curl up with.

Winter time abstinence is new to me. It's yet another growth period. I don't like it, but I know that my program will be stronger from it.

I'm drinking a lot of coffee with a touch of milk and splenda. So far it's helping a lot.

What I really want to do is bake a batch of Christmas cookies and then crawl into bed with them. But I'm not going to. I'm writing here. I read last night and this morning. I called my sponsor. I wrapped Christmas presents. I finished reading a Christmas novel. I went to my meeting last night. I'm abstinent and free... kinda hoping for the joyous part to kick in sometime today.

I'm staying busy, staying out of bed, and staying on program.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Marny,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I do know what you mean about this time of year. It's starting to snow here a little too with a pretty big snow storm coming in tonight. I'm also missing the comfort foods but trying to find some healthy low cal alternates.

I don't know if these are on your plan or not. I made turkey noodle soup last night with whole wheat noodles, left over turkey, some veggies and lots of herbs. It was yummy, low cal and hit the spot for something warm and winter like. I also bought some Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate. It has no sugar at about 25 calories for one packet if you make it with water, but I like it with about 3/4 cup soy milk. I had it last night as my snack when everyone else was eating pie (the grandparents are here). Do you like Chai tea? Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea is to die for with a little milk and sweetener.

This is chocolate chip cookie season for me. I usually would be starting all of my baking about now with the sugar cookie works all over my kitchen.

I will NOT be doing that this season. Instead, I'm making homemade body scrubs and bath salts to give away and I'm really excited about it. I had to think twice about whether to do salt or sugar scrubs as I may be tempted to eat the sugar scrub. Ha j.k.

I'm impressed that you already had presents to wrap. You're ahead of me!

You're doing so awesome and really know what to do to get yourself out of binge mode. We've all learned a lot from you.

xo
Charlene
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/248/155

Height: 5'3''

I hear you...I keep walking around thinking, I should be smelling baking cookies!

I started knitting a year or so ago. I'm often getting the urge to snuggle up in front of a fire and knit. It works because my hands are busy, and I'm making something to keep me warm. I had not knit anything all summer and now it's all I want to do. It's a nice winter hobby.

Foods are harder, I have been making tuna melts, it's warm and grilled. Comfort food, but can be abstinent. I miss hot chocolate. I'm not a coffie drinker, so I keep trying to find a tea I like to at least have hot tea.

I have a great bread receipy I got from someone in OA. Moist and good but made with oat bran, eggs, dry milk, apple sause, and cinnamon (I think). I have been wanting to find it, I'll pass it on when I do. I think it would be good for christmas morning.

Winter will be interesting....different.

C.
CrispyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/248/155

Height: 5'3''

Charlene is right, you are an awesome inspiration!!
Have I said thank you yet today?
CrispyMama is offline   Reply With Quote