Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #1  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Nutritional Ketosis...Low Carb, High Fat Support Group

Hello Everyone!

Ok, I searched the forum for a support group for those of us following the Nutritional Ketosis...Low Carb, High Fat, and moderate Protein way of eating and could not find one so I thought I would start one up.

I started my low carb diet May 23rd, with low fats, but quickly realized that the low fat intake was not the way for me to go. So for the past 3 weeks have switched to low carb, high fat with moderate protein and I love it!

Looking for others who would love to join me on this awesome journey!

Last edited by AZLinda; 08-28-2014 at 03:13 PM.
AZLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #2  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Hi AZLinda!

What is nutritional ketosis. Is it different from Atkins Induction?
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLis View Post
Hi AZLinda!

Hi Fleur DeLis,

I'm not AZLinda but, here's an article you might be interested in reading to answer your question

http://www.carbsmart.com/aint-that-n...ng-atkins.html

Hope this helps!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #4  

I started ideal protein in February (low fat and crab and high protein). Like you the low fat was the hardest part. I've stopped counting fat and added in cheese, cream, butter and nuts and have still been losing. Have you been to Dr. Peter Attia's blog?
ginabeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #5  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLis View Post
Hi AZLinda!

Hi there!! I have never actually followed the atkins induction, but here is a link to a great article that explains some of the differences... http://www.carbsmart.com/aint-that-n...ng-atkins.html
Old 07-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #6  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Hi Fleur DeLis,

I'm not AZLinda but, here's an article you might be interested in reading to answer your question

http://www.carbsmart.com/aint-that-n...ng-atkins.html

Hope this helps!

Haha, JerseyGyrl! Looks like we shared the same article...great minds think alike
Old 07-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #7  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginabeana View Post
I started ideal protein in February (low fat and crab and high protein). Like you the low fat was the hardest part. I've stopped counting fat and added in cheese, cream, butter and nuts and have still been losing. Have you been to Dr. Peter Attia's blog?
Hi Ginabeana! So happy you are joining me! That is the plan I originally started, but it just wasn't for me. Cheese, Cream, Butter, Nuts, Avocados, Coconut, 80% dark chocolate, eggs, coconut oil, Fish oil, Bacon, sour cream ect Feel so much better! I am aiming for 75 percent of my daily intake coming from fats, 25 from protein, and 5 from carbs.

Yes, I LOVE Dr. Peter Attia's blog!!

How are you doing? I am down 18 lbs! Got a ways to go but I will get there!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #8  
Started 5/21/2014

Still going strong! Hit my 20 lb loss mark this morning!

Anyone else following this WOE?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #9  

Hey Linda,

I'm I'm Ideal Protein but am allergic to so much (gluten and now sucralose it seems) that I am thinking of joining you on this plan. Right now I'm doing alternative products and am down almost 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks.

Is it still going well for you?

I tend to do better on fat and my doc agrees with that a lot more than prepackaged chemicals. IP constipated me, even with the laxative.
Adventuregurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #10  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

75% fat, 25% protein, & 5% carb? AZlinda, the math is a little off but I'm pleased if it's working for you! Do you track your meals somewhere online? I'm curious about your avg day!

Right now I'm averaging 60%fat , 25% protein with relative ease and habit. In terms of weight loss, well, I maintain pretty effortlessly like this. I need to make more of an effort for weight loss. I'm experimenting.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Is there a decent forum here for nutritional ketosis?
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #12  
Started 5/21/2014

Hey guys!! I'm so sorry, I was beginning to think that nobody was interested in joining me in this thread, so after awhile, I quite checking for replies. I have been spending some time in one of the support groups I joined over in fb called Optimal Ketogenic Living. But I was very happy when I checked in here and saw you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuregurl View Post
Hey Linda,

I'm Ideal Protein but am allergic to so much (gluten and now sucralose it seems) that I am thinking of joining you on this plan. Right now I'm doing alternative products and am down almost 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks.

Is it still going well for you?

I tend to do better on fat and my doc agrees with that a lot more than prepackaged chemicals. IP constipated me, even with the laxative.
I am so happy you are joining me! It is going great! I changed my macros a bit.... I am still low carb, high fat, and moderate protein, but I upped my protein a bit and lowered my fats just a smidgen to allow for more fat to be utilized off my booty..haha So now my settings are.. 5% Carbs, 30% protein, and 65% fats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
75% fat, 25% protein, & 5% carb? AZlinda, the math is a little off but I'm pleased if it's working for you! Do you track your meals somewhere online? I'm curious about your avg day!

Right now I'm averaging 60%fat , 25% protein with relative ease and habit. In terms of weight loss, well, I maintain pretty effortlessly like this. I need to make more of an effort for weight loss. I'm experimenting.
Haha, thanks for catching that math error Souvenirdarling! That was suppose to be 70/25/5! Math was never my best subject...doh! LOL!! I changed my macros up just a bit so now they are... 65/30/5 and so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Is there a decent forum here for nutritional ketosis?
In4ligfe.. I don't think so..at least none that are active any longer. I looked prior to starting this thread. Are you doing NK as your WOE? I would love it if you joined this group!

Last edited by AZLinda; 08-28-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #13  

Hi AZ Linda, are you losing well on this plan? How many pounds a week or month, and what are you eating?

Are the ratios you gave based on calories, volume or what? Also are you eating things like whipped cream?

Thanks
Adventuregurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Hey Linda, I'm over at Optimal Ketogenic Living on FB, too. It makes so much sense to me that your body needs protein to protect muscle and not push so much fat, just burn it from your body.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/213/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Hi so pleased to have just found you on Google!

I an delighted with my LCHF diet with not too much protein. I aim to eat 80% fat, around 60g of protein and 5% of carbs. It's taken me about 8 or so weeks of tweaking to discover my numbers, though I'm not jumping through hoops to make sure I hit the figures everyday. So long as they average out at the end of the month I'm happy. I also try to do a bit of intermittent fasting, for example: not eating after 4pm until 2pm the next day. Trying to this once or twice a week.

Since the middle of July I'm pleased to say I've lost 30 pounds. This is fantastic for me, being a 61 year old female, with all the signs of being insulin resistant. Other diets just haven't worked for me for at least a decade.

Can honestly say, I've not felt so good for years! It's got to be the way to go, though I don't imagine this woe will work for some, we are all so different.

I log my food in FS which works great, but sadly I think FS are having problems.

I'd love to be able to give and receive support for this woe, as I think it's just so brilliant!
Jennym55 is offline   Reply With Quote