Old 01-03-2017, 08:33 PM   #1  

Default Returning Low Carber and Member

It's been a while since I've been here. .Many years ago I lost 75 pounds on the Low carb diet.. Then life got in the way. .I ended up on Steroid medication for health reasons.. Gaining almost 40 pounds back.. It's been a struggle.. May of 2016 I was close to my goal.. 19 pounds away.. Then the worst thing that could happen happened.. May 22nd we had a tragic death in my family.. My 53 year old baby brother was killed when a tree came toppling down on him.. It's hard to accept his death. .We come from a family of 11 children and this has been the first death of one of my mothers children.. We were horrified.. and I still am.. We had previously lost my favorite Aunt to cancer in March and then at the end of November my father in law passed away.. It was a tough year.. Although I'm still not over the shock I know I must get this weight off in order to feel better about myself... Another group I belonged to closed down so I decided to seek out to see if this group still exists.. Thank God... So with the help of everyone I hope you can help me and cheer me on as I follow through with this journey... As I will be there for each and every one of you...
Jo-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/167/130

Height: 5'6''

So sorry for your losses. It's so hard to take care of ourselves when life gets in the way. The most important thing is to never give up. You succeeded before and you will do it again
motivated1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #3  

Thank you so much.. so far day 2 and I"m doing great food wise..
Jo-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258.8/252.00/200

Height: 5'9"

Hi Jo-Anne sorry to hear of your loss. Just wondering were you on Diettalk years ago?
thatsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's gotta be SO hard to deal with such a sudden death.

Glad to hear you're trying to get back on track, health-wise.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

Sorry for your loss. Best wishes on your weight loss journey
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'8.5"

how are you doing Jo-Anne? It's been a month so I thought I'd pipe in as accountability

are you on track?

I, too, started back on a LCHF diet early this year after having success with it years ago. so far so good. well, I'm maintaining the first 12-15 I lost in the first couple weeks anyway...I haven't been consistent enough (randomly dispersed days of binging ) but I haven't lost my motivation yet...just need to work on the will power part...or learn to go to bed earlier! late nights end up being my problem time.
vmmatula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #8  

Condolences.

I too am a carb eater when under stress or upset.

We moved which I found very stressful. I was on a low dose of prednisone due to a health condition, but immediately after the move, I got sicker and the doctor doubled the dosage. It makes the situation with carbs much worse.

Just started a low carb diet and even though it's only been a week, I notice improvement.

I know in my heart of hearts this is the way to go.

How are you doing now?
Fun Size is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#readytoreachmygoal