Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Wow! Congrats, starbrite!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I didn't do so good today. I was at 105g Net carbs and it is only 5 g over but I had two chocolate chip cookies and also went over on my calories. Someone gave me 6 packs of cookies. After I ate my 2 I sprayed the rest with Pledge and threw them in the trash.

I'll do better tomorrow.

I don't do recipes. Part of my diet and eating plan is that I am not fussing with recipes anymore. I like to really be able to count the calories and not stress about recipes. I just got a grill for my birthday and I am grilling plain mea almost every night. This week they are turkey patties... because I love them and my husband hates them (he is out of town this week). I also love my salads... I cut up baby spring mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, cashews, heart of palm, 1/2T olive oil. I shake it up in a tuperware and get a nice coating. I LOVE it!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

Im doing pretty good this week so far. Have not eaten anything that is not on my plan. Water intake has been down. Been a little depressed about what the scale says...had lost 8 lbs and now up 4??? Im hoping it is because I am now working out and maybe I am gaining muscle. I'm not going to let it get me down because I said when I started I wasnt worried about what the scale says. Its just that I cant help getting on it every morning hahaha. Gonna keep up my routine till the end of the month and see if I have lost any inches...
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #19  

I think this might me a good spot for me..New to the website...I do best on low carb/high protein. Starting today and just want to say hi! Not too good at counting calories etc. But if I watch those carbs and think protein, I can do ok...but keeping it up and mindfull eating are the next steps for me.
bellatrixothersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

I am looking for someone who is somersizing---I eat protien and veggies and full fat dairy---no carbs or sugar. I've done it before with success--just get bogged down sometimes about the sugar!! Anyone out there?
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #21  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

I'm also cutting down on sugar and white flour. I pretty much stick to the same plan daily. It is actually similar to the food addicts or over eaters anonymous food plan.

I have a grain, protein, and fruit in the morning and for lunch/dinner I have protein, vegetable, salad+dressing. I try to eat at the same time every day as well.

The reason I post the food groups as opposed to the foods is because thinking about it in terms of the food groups has helped me in difficult situations like eating out. I just need to pick a food from each group and I'm done....and satisfied!

So far down 15.6 lbs over last 2 months...a steady downward trend that I am happy with....

LGW
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 AM   #22  

low carbing on my own as well...another non name diet low carber here...Lets keep this going....Had a GREAT dinner and cheesecake last night..recipe off of Linda's Low Carb Menu's and Recipes. Dee-lish!! Very SIMPLE...trust me...I am one who thinks cooking is overated, but this truly was easy, and so good!

Last edited by Going4Goal; 07-17-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #23  

posting in "advance' mode so I can subscribe to this thread...as per 3FC Suzanne...thanks Suzanne
I also look forward to the posts that follow...
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

I guess this no name plan describes me right now - And I can use a buddy for this too--

I'm still reading all the different plans trying to find the fit for me - but just cut out breads, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar and the like ... I was doing WW and losing slowly and stressed and thought about food every single minute of the day and want to get away from that mindset. I need to lose a LOT and get sugar number back down (it had gone up the last 2 bloodworks I had done) before they decide I need medication of some sort for it. And I want to get off this stinking lipitor they put me on - my numbers aren't bad but the doctor wants them LOW because of family history..I'm on the lowest does out there but I want off!

So I'm doing this for my health but if a side benefit is losing 100 lbs or more and fitting in any seat comfortably and shopping in any clothes store I will be thrilled

Last edited by rho1640; 07-25-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Clarity and spelling
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I'm in too! I got a lot to lose and a long way to get there! I'm doing an Atkins style thing - under 20 NC per day, with a little exception to induction - I'm not giving up diet soda right now. I'm having a hard time with stress and fatigue (financial and career), and they are a crutch I'm not ready to let go. But of course if weight loss stalls, and things are better stress wise, I might cut them. I have before. My plan is to start Atkinsish, and end primal/paleoish. I did the primal/paleo thing, and felt good on it, but didn't lose any weight - not an oz. So, back to my old faithful plan, plus soda. So far, it's working well and my stick to it is sticking well enough.

I also am not exercising. There's a long tragic career story to explain why, but suffice to say, long hard hours at work right now are in the way. I'll reconsider soon if the job starts to find a groove and I can come home and go in at decent times.

rho1640 - I do some diabetic educating with my job, and I would suggest you walk every day, aiming for 30 mins total (all at once or broken up). For many this helps bring their sugar down, which will also help you with cravings. Wacky blood sugar (highs and lows) will drive you to food, misery and failed health. PM me if you ever need me.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #26  

Default low carb

Hi1 I am new to 3 fat chicks. It is a great site! I have a teacher friend who lost 180 lbs using ideal protein. since I can't afford that program I am making up my own. I have been heavy for 20 years, but this is my highest and it must come off! I would love to know peoples low carb treats. My are olives, low fat cream cheese with garlic and veggies and 15 nuts. What are yours?:
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinthia View Post
Hi1 I am new to 3 fat chicks. It is a great site! I have a teacher friend who lost 180 lbs using ideal protein. since I can't afford that program I am making up my own. I have been heavy for 20 years, but this is my highest and it must come off! I would love to know peoples low carb treats. My are olives, low fat cream cheese with garlic and veggies and 15 nuts. What are yours?:
I've done celery with cream cheese and chives in it - and olives do take care of that need for sharp taste I get sometimes- and string cheese that I cut into 3 or 4 pieces... And a few times I did the cheese in the microwave to make cheese crisps- which is great when you want that crunch.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinthia View Post
cinthia,

There are alternative (way less expensive) products that you can use for the IP diet. I am doing IP, but have been reading about the alternatives. My husband is using alternatives and I am using IP. He has lost a lot more weight than me and I have more to lose. lol. The protein drinks I get him are EAS which you can find at WalMart, Sams and I think maybe Target. I get him the Pure Protein bars at Sams/WalMart and if you have a Wegmans they just had them on sale for $0.88. I also order stuff from Noshua Nutrition and Lindora. The always have some kind of sale or "free: shipping.
Good Luck.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Brown, for some good ideas - watch the atkins thread area - they have a good "what's for dinner" list going. Take what works for you and skip over the rest. I peek in for ideas there sometimes.

Cinthia - I think making it up makes it fit better. Report in often with what's working. We could all use a tweak here and there.

What are my LC treats? Whipped cream in a can, sugar free jello (not necessarily together), Atkins shakes - especially the new wild berry, Icy Latte (Atkins vanilla shake, Tbs inst coffee, 3 Tbs cream, scoop whey powder vanilla, couple ice cubes - whiz through blender) lasts me a long time too, Rabbit bags (raw veg chunks in a baggie for mindless munchies), boiled eggs, vienna sausages (yes, love 'em).

Today was less stressful, FINALLY, but very very busy. I got in a groove, somehow felt hyper (not my norm at all), and got a lot done at work. IT FELT GOOD. Long time comin' Showed what I could do today. Stress will go back up soon - I think I'm working up to an dental abcess and my dentist is on vaca, I got Aunt Flo staying with me this week, AND Friday I interview for the job I'm doing already. Hope to keep it And the financial probs - I just figured out that it will be at least 2 paychecks before I start to pull up again. How did I get here? At least I lost another pound. go me.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Kel View Post
rho1640 - I do some diabetic educating with my job, and I would suggest you walk every day, aiming for 30 mins total (all at once or broken up). For many this helps bring their sugar down, which will also help you with cravings. Wacky blood sugar (highs and lows) will drive you to food, misery and failed health. PM me if you ever need me.
somehow I didn't see this earlier - sorry...

I love walking but it is off my radar right now - I have achellies tendonitis, that bottom of the foot to heel thing that I am completely blank on, and 3 heel spurs on the same foot... I warm it, stretch it, then ice it and it still hurts like crazy...did PT and didn't see a real difference except in my pocket book so had to stop and try to do what they did... I'm trying to get an exercise bike but it may take a bit to get the money together (retirement income ya know)

Thanks