Old 08-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Starting Whole30 soon - anybody have experience with this?

I've been eating Paleo-like for several weeks, combined with intermittent fasting, and found some success with it. But I've been letting some foods drift back in, as well wine when I'm with some friends on the weekends. I really want to get back on track. I just found the Whole30 website and think it's intriguing. Anybody else try it yet?

Things I need to remove from my diet again...dairy (like full-fat yogurt and labneh, cream and half-n-half, cheeses), bread (Julian Bakery sourdough - I was eating it for the added fiber and very low carbs), corn (it's summer and I gotta have some grilled corn on the cob!). And tonight I ate a couple of small russet potatoes. And alcohol!

I want to get started on this right away. But I've got to get rid of a few lingering items in the pantry, so I'm going for it on September 1. I think. Maybe before that.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I managed it, from cold turkey, fairly well. I felt fine. I did not get an energy burst or health boom that was obvious. I did not find it overwhelmingly hard, just different. I liked the "what's hard about tossing some meat and veg in a skillet" concept - so true, what could be easier other than somebody to actually feed you.

I didn't lose any weight. I am hoping to end my low carb journey by returning to a paleo or primal plan, with some modifications to make it work for me.

I believe if I were more able to exercise it would have been better. I struggle with exercise right now, and so need to lose some weight before I start. So, I'm doing a atkins-esque thing instead, with fairly good results. Plan to start exercising this fall.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/135.6/128

Height: 5'8 1/2

Are you still trying to do the Paleo diet? I started yesterday, but I do admit to having one serving of greek yogurt a day.

I did start a blog about it: http://gopaleogo.blogspot.com/
madridguiri is offline   Reply With Quote