Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Flex Talk #6

Good morning ladies, figured it's time for a new thread.

So, I'm on my way to a work-sponsored breakfast, and not really sure what to expect, food-wise. Bagels and cream cheese, I imagine, perhaps muffins. I'll survive, whatever it is.

Sadly, I had trouble sleeping last night, partly because I was hungry, I think. So I got up and ate some pretzels with hummus, and a piece of toast. Not a shining moment. Just wanted to confess. I topped it off with tea, which I probably should have gone to first.

Last, just because it's a new thread, Heather, still thinking about you. You are NOT forgotten in Chat Thread #5!!

Good luck to all!!! My aim is to push through this long day and get to the gym tonight -- haven't been for 2 days, due to schoolwork. Probably won't get there tomorrow, either. Yikes.

S
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Default Thursday Thursday Thursday!

Happy Thursday!!!

Suite - The Flexies: I usually get in about 30 a week due to the Wendie Plannin'. And still sending good vibes to you about your upcoming orals.

Dawn - Glad the scale is moving!

Vday -
Quote:
What was really inspirational was the trainer told her "Dieting isn't about restrictive eating. It is about adding in more healthy food. The more healthy food you add in, the less you will want to eat the junk".
Totally agree! And it was said so well. Sometimes I think about this in terms of avoiding "bad" foods, but it's not about that, really now is it? It's about eating more nutritious foods. And that's a much more positive way of thinking about what we're all doing here!

Keli - Nice to have you back I just have my cell phone, too! It's both better & worse, isn't it? Being available all the time. Not as many excuses to not answer the phone. If you can't get back until Monday, we'll be thinking of you!!!!

Lizzy - Aww! It wasn't a scoldy person, I promise!! Hee hee It was just a smaller pic, so I'll have to post the full version so everyone can see it's just me with a wide open happy mouth, smiley eyes and giving a peace sign. Doodle... thing... And thanks for making the new Flex Talk! I hope your long day goes as smoothly as possible.

Gemini - It's really great that despite the poor decision for breakfast, you got right back into the healthy pickins' mode! Sorry about the rude cashier.

Heather - Posted in the other area, but yes, we're all thinking of you.

---

Let's see. The fiancé has gone crazy making spreadsheets to decide which B&B to pick. It's kinda cute, actually. He's having a lot of fun with it, so ya know what? Less work for me to do!

The roommate & I had a nice chat last night. Friendly, open, honest. So I was fuming for two days, but I've definitely calmed down, helped that I have a few plans for what's to come. I swear I'm generally a rational person!

Tonight is WI and gaming with friends.

Oh and here is what my full avatar looks like (if anyone is interested in seeing it). I made it in MS Paint yesterday. I'm rather proud of it... cuz I mean.. it's Paint! I had to downsize it, obviously, and I think smaller pictures tend to lose something. Not that we should all have giant avatars!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PaintMe02.JPG (9.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Heather - Let us know how you're doing when you get a moment, okay?

vday - that's so true! I totally notice that in how I behave too. When I focus on packing my day with nutritious, healthy foods I just don't desire the other junk. But when I start to slip and start using my points on junk, that seems to be the only thing I want to eat. It's pretty interesting how that works.

keli - you get cell service in the woods?? boo! Though maybe that's good if you, say, wander off the track and get lost Sounds like some kind of safety net, I can't figure out why else you need a cell tower in the woods. And you're right, WW sets you up for maintenance far better than plans like Medifast. I'm happy we're all doing it this way, too

Sonja - Hurray for the presentation being over Thanks for answering my FP question, I know we talk a lot about using them in general and I was wondering just how close people actually get to 35. I'm not looking forward to the day when I get 20 points, but I know that it'll come and I'll be right there with you, using all the flexies!! PS, you're so funny to follow around when I get here in the morning. Usually you're around at night when I'm not and I like seeing all your activity, far better than when you kept disappearing Keep it up! Thanks for starting us up a new thread, and I don't think pretzels and hummus are all that much to be ashamed of

gemini - Hey, congrats on the loss!!!! Sorry you had an otherwise stressful day, but it sure is nice to have that loss in there. A couple of FPs never hurt anyone, it sounds like you did great.

Faerie - LOVE the new avatar. It's so cute. I liked your old one too but I like that there's color in this one. So did you draw the old one too? It was really good! Hurray for MS Paint, I used to do *everything* in paint and I still do fiddle around with it sometimes. Gotta love the simplicity. Glad to hear you and your roommate had a talk. That's always the best way to deal with things like this. Good luck at your WI tonight!! I can't wait to hear what you report. Have fun with your gaming, I sure wish I had local friends who enjoyed games Me and DH stocked up on two-player stuff but it's always more fun with more people. That's one reason I'm hoping to make a move up to MD/DC area later this year, to be near my sister and bro in law so we can have game nights

Same old story from me... I had class last night and therefore had to see that friend of mine who I complain a lot about. Remember the cookie & latte pushing episode? It happened again, with brownies this time. No, thanks, I don't feel like having a brownie right now. No, really, I don't want one. I'm not hungry. If you give me one I'm not going to eat it. Really, thank you, I appreciate it, but I don't want it. No thanks. Grar. It kept going and going. Me: 2, her food pushing efforts: 0. I pretty much just stopped talking to her while she was driving me home because I was so irritated with her. The stuff she's saying is actually pretty insulting. And not just towards me anymore, which is the worst part of it - she started saying really weird things about my husband too, which neither of us appreciate obviously. I'm not sure what's going on in her mind that makes this okay but it's not okay with me, and let me tell you I'll be happy come May 19th when our grad is over and she gets the heck out of here. :/

I think I want to climb a mountain either next weekend or the weekend after, depending on the weather. I mean, not like with hooks and ropes and stuff, but one of these nice, gentle Appalachian mountains that you can hike up. I feel the need to do something like that. Perhaps I'm feeling the need to externalize and make concrete the achievement I'm about to ... achieve. (Yeah, don't mind my lack of word-finding ability.) You know?

I've started sending 1.4 vibes to my body. As in, come Saturday you better be showing at least a 1.4 loss, get me into those 190's baby! Cmon, you can do it! It's so close!

Anyway, I'll stop for now Hope everyone enjoys their Thursdays.

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 04-10-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - Thanks ^.^ I thought I could use a little colour, too I did the other one the "olde-fashioned" way. Pen n' Paper... and a scanner I'll post that one when I get the original one (at home on the comp.) I swear if there were a way to do it with transporters or something, I'd gather everyone up in Flex Talk and we'd have weekly board game night

About that friend. Good for you! Sticking to your principles. And things about your husband... crosses a line. It's one thing if you're complaining about something he does and she's just commiserating. But for her to say things... Of course he's far from perfect just like everyone else on earth, but it's uncool to say anything unless he were like... abusing you in some way. And I'm back to the brownie... come on! Why does she think it's okay to do that??? She's just misery. And looks like she's trying to find company.

Oh hiking! Now that the weather is getting nicer I'm soooo gonna go on some trails... and get some trail boots. And lots of fun times outdoors...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Oh boy, I'm posting so much! But I'm participating in the first 3FC 5k, and I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to join on in if they wanted:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138919

It's just a fun thing, everyone who signs up just does a 5k anyway that they can. On the treadmill, running, walking, biking... split up over some time. A fun way we can all feel a little more connected to everyone else on 3FC! And of course... burn some calories!

Last edited by Lovely; 04-10-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I saw that thread too It looks fun, I like the concept - unfortunately it can't come at a worse time for me! Thinking about it now, though, I can always cheat and do half on Saturday, half on Sunday - I just can't take the time to do the whole thing in one day. But I'm gonna need breaks from studying, right? And exercise would be good! Hmmm, I think I'll go sign up
Old 04-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Morning All
WOW survived some nasty storms here last night! Thunder, lightening, strong winds, tornados reported in areas all around me but none where I live, we do have some down powerlines and trees, many people without power but thankfully I have power and no serious damage at my house!

Think I am going to sign up too for the 3FC 5K! Sounds like fun

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - That's not cheating at all! You can definitely split it up, even over Fri, Sat, Sun if you need. It's just about being more active ^^

BlzMax - Glad you're okay!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hi to All-hope all are having a great day

Faerie I like your new picture, not sure why Suite calls it something differant, but you are most talented, beautiful work. I was thinking of signing up for the 3FC 5k, you know what I will! thanks for the reminder, hope WI goes great for you.

Suite-Right now I do eat most of my flex, due to being on the Wendie Plan, but after last night, need to go back to the drawing board...I'll get into that later. Sorry that your friend needed to be so rude, not only you but to subject your DH to her insults, she sounds like she is just plain miserable, and she wants to take all with her. Good for you not sinking to her level, and doesn't she get it, if you wanted that darn brownie, you would have. Hope you don't need to spend more time with her than is necessary, hurry up May 19th Good luch at WI

lizzy-just think you could of done worse than pretzels and hummus, good luck at your breakfast, hope the rest of your day went well for you also

BlzMax-

Heather,Sonja,vday,keli,gemini,Debbie, hope all is great with you

Well the Great news is I lost 2.6 , but it was after 3 very stressful "scale up days" for the past 3days the scale would not budge, I was up 3lbs, so last night, right before I got in the shower, I told myself, "I'm not eating, until after WI" I was close to tears when I got off the scale, what am I doing/not doing that I can change. So the only thing I could think of at the time, not to eat. Now the WW part of me knew it was not helping to not eat, but I've heard that sometimes you need to shake things up, and it was only one day, of couse no way I can make up all my points for today, I did walk on the treadmill, and got in all my water, but only got in 10pts. Well thanks for letting me vent
Old 04-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #10  

forgot to update my weight tracker
Old 04-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #11  

Howdy all,
It already feels like a long day, and it's barely past noon.
I just ate a Healthy Choice pot roast meal. Ew. I mean, this thing has been hanging around for months because I have not been able to eat it in front of people due to embarrassment -- a compartmentalized microwave meal of carrots, potatos, beef, topped off with an apple cobbler?? So 1950s meets Weight Watchers (ONLY 6 POINTS!!). I don't know, I'm OK with the frozen paninis, stuff like that, but this...this was just the most stereotypical TV dinner. ANYWAY, I ate it, it's done. No one saw me.

Jamie -- I know, I feel like you and I post on all the same sites, and post A LOT. Faerie, too. This is my new fave, though. The 20-somethings have gotten a little too busy for me. Can't keep up with the youngins anymore! With the hippin' and the hoppin' and the bippin' and the boppin...(Simpsons quote, anybody?). As for your colleague at school, what the eff?? so weird. Way to resist the brownie, though.

Faerie -- that's right! it was a peace sign!! when i first saw it, I thought it was a finger, like, "no, no, no," type of finger (i didn't look closely), and then I realized it was a peace sign...but then i forgot that I'd realized that...oh, whatever. game night would be fun!

BLZ -- yikes those sound like some scary storms!!

InStitches -- glad the scale went down...er, have you thought about banishing the scale? it sounds like it's making life hard for you! I swear, it's hard work shifting the perspective from the scale's report of my results to simply concentrating on good behavior and not thinking about that number, but now that I'm getting used to it, it's really much better. After all, it's really not about that number!! It's about healthy behaviors!!

So, I'm convinced. I'll do the 5K so that I can be part of the fun!

S
Old 04-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Embarrassed to eat a healthy choice meal? I like the paninis and frozen pizzas best, I think.

Institches - Dear, hun, please do not make a habit of not eating before weigh-in. It's nice to see the scale move down, but there are a couple of things that concern me. First, it has the potential to be a very addictive and cyclical pattern. And second, it doesn't really let you see the true story of the week. I'm happy that you saw a loss, but don't make me worry for you on your weigh-in days! Why are you weighing every day anyway? If it's causing more stress than helping, I mean. If you're in tears at night (do you usually weigh yourself on the scale at night?) because of what a little gadget says, then it's time to re-evaluate how you're using it. This journey isn't just about the numbers. It's about our health! If what you've been doing has not been working properly, let's work together to see what it is that you could try. I know you were using the Wendie Plan last week. Are you still following the same pattern of eating less than your base points on some days or did you switch to the form that uses only added FP (no taking away base points)? You mentioned last week having some issues with snacks, too. Have you changed that up? I hope I'm not coming across as harsh, this is all said with concern. I honestly want to see you losing weight, but not at the expense of your physical and mental health! And some more .
Old 04-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Suite - I can't believe your "friend". How rude is she! I'm glad you didn't give in to her regarding the brownie. Hopefully you won't have to deal with her much longer!

Faerie - you always have such good feedback!

Blz- I'm glad to hear that you didn't have many problems, but that must've been scary!

InStitches - ((Hugs)), listen to Faerie, she's one smart Chick!

Busy day for me, I volunteered at my dd's preschool. Then on to work. Very busy there, it made my feet hurt. So far my feet are winning against me going to Curves today, but I'm trying to convince myself to go! I still have 2 hours before they close
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #14  

Faerie
Yes I did follow the plan, that you are also on, I did not go below my base. I did cold turkey the snacks, limited myself to one a day, I think I did all that I needed to, to have a good WI, but I do base ALOT of my sucess on the scale, such critters of habit.

I'm so new to this, I actually have been doing some reading into why I might be having so much of a struggle, lately. I won't bore you with all the fine detail, but the article is in the April issue of Good Housekeeping.
No you are not being harsh, I realize that this is a long journey, I did not get this way over night, but...that scale is a problem, ,

Hey just realized I gotta run-gotta get to work-I will post tomorrow
Old 04-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #15  

Good Morning!!

I'm babysitting today, from 9-4. It's the kiddies I used to nanny, I guess their current nanny is away or something, they asked me to come in. Now I don't remember what I used to do with them for that long! I think I usually tried to figure out playdates...hmmmm....

Food is always tough for me with them. Luckily, their mom is super healthy, so there isn't anything TOO evil in the house, but I'm still a little concerned for myself! I guess I'll bring some lunch, and promise myself I'll snack only on things that resemble their natural state.

Faerie -- very well worded advice to InStitches. I was thinking the same, but less eloquently.

InStitches -- There is an NSV challenge on the challenge board -- NO SCALES ALLOWED!! Maybe come think about joining us? Faerie is there too!

Gemini -- Did you make it to Curves??

I had a pretty funny workout yesterday. The weather here was GORGEOUS, 70s and sunny, and the rest of the forecast is 40s and icky. So, yesterday was quite the gift of a day, and of course I was indoors. I went to the gym after work, did 20 min cardio, and started to lift, but got the itch to go outside, AND, the free weight section of this particular gym is horrible. I REALLY just wanted to get into my car and put the top down! So I ran out of the gym, cruised toward home with the music blaring and the top down, just as it began to get too chilly for that, and got to another gym near my house, where I went in and did my strength routine. I actually really liked taking that break! The strength routine felt so easy!

That is all for me. I gotta get ready for my funday friday with the kiddies.

S
Closed Thread