Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, PHEW, it's over!

Four days of eating everything in sight, panicking, being anxious, studying, pretty much being a nutcase in general, and now it's over.

And, the best part is, I passed! So hurray! I still have a week and a half of class... a term paper to write.... and one small presentation to give... but this was like, the GIANT project for me to complete. This exam was the culmination of two years of graduate studies. And here I am on the other side of it, not sure what to do with myself now that I don't have to drive myself crazy with studying in the evenings.

Eating, as I mentioned, has been WAY off track, mostly because I couldn't be bothered to cook or spend time preparing food so I'd eat cereal all day and then order in dinner and eat too much... Definitely using food in the wrong way. But it's in the past, and I can move on from this point, but I'm positive Onederland will just have to wait a little longer....

Thanks for all the positive vibes everyone, it was very sweet of you all to be thinking of me! I can't reply to people right now because two days off of work = needing to play a lot of catch-up, but I'll be back later and will give a proper check-in. Just wanted to let you know I'm alive and all is well
Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybaby View Post
butterfly...let us know how the wendie plan works for you!
I know it has given a lot of people who were on a plateau immediate weight loss once they started it...

I have been doing it for 3 weeks and still no weight loss! I haven't really lost any weight since February
So I would be really interested to hear your results with it...
I wonder what I am doing wrong?
Well anyways, I have hidden my scale so I am not tempted to weigh myself, as it has just been depressing me lately..
Good morning vday baby

Thank you for sharing what you have been experiencing and thank you for reading my experience as well.

Just out of curiosity, have you been drinking your minimum amount of water of 64 ounces per day of clear plain water? I ask that because sometimes I am guilty of forgetting to drink my water. I tend to drink more diet soda like Sprite zero.

Are you moving your body like taking walks, etc?

Last night I remembered to drink my water. I drank 68 ounces and this morning after I used the ladies room, I stepped on the scale naked and lost an ENTIRE POUND!!

Seeing that on the scale after what seems like sooooooooooooooo LONG was a blessing indeed.

So this morning, before I put anything in my mouth, I am going to drink 33.8 ounces of cool plain water

I know that water helps the body hydrate itself and helps things move along so to speak, etc. I know of a young lady who drinks an amazing 200 ounces per day of plain water and has great success.

so let's you and I "together" get on the water wagon.... yes we will pee a lot LOL but it benefits the weight loss some how. I know when I remember to drink water , water stops me from grazing thru out the day... an old habit I had for years.

The key is.... to drink water everyday and not forget.... I have to remember that LOL.

have a wonderful day
Old 04-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
Kel -- Oh, I sit here posting in a Word doc with both windows open at once…no way I could remember everything! And thanks for the congrats!

Butterflyy – It can be very motivating to change up some things with your food plan. But yeah, just make sure you’re changing to things that are healthy for you! And it sounds like low carb caused you some big problems! Haha that’s funny about your ears – come on, girl, you are WOMAN! We are BUILT for pain!!

Vday – good move hiding the scale. AND it sounds like you’re doing a great job not letting it get you down too much – I hear you saying it’s depressing you, but at the same time, you seem to be staying OP anyway, and not giving up. Which a lot of people would do! It seems that deep down, you know that the scale is a faulty tool, and you’re making the changes that will make you an all around healthy person. Keep it up! And keep on posting!

Astig – 2.4 is GREAT!!

HEATHER! You’re back! Don’t worry about the generic post. We just want to hear how you’re doing! Good luck at the doc tomorrow. And yeah, get that water and sleep in!

Faerie – happy thoughts to you, too!

Suite -- good luck today!!
---------------------------------------
Gross, my kitten just farted and it stinks.
Went off plan last night -- the ex-boyfriend/current roommate (yep, same guy) FINALLY got steady employment at a great job, so we celebrated with some wine and cheese. Still have FPs left for the week, though, thank goodness. I foresee a challenging weekend ahead, with seder and matza looming, not to mention 5 hour car ride to jersey...thinking I'll just have an all around "no matza" rule, which should cut down on points considerably.

OK, I'm getting to the gym this morning, then to work, then to class...ugh. I should post in the planning thread, too. Here I go!

Good morning Lizzy,

nooooooooooooooo NO pain here lil darling... no pierced ears for me LOL

that was so cute about your cat farting LOL

speaking of farting..... has ANYONE noticed that when one increaases their fiber intake that one farts MORE often?

I was like... WHAT is going on IN there ? dang LOL
Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #79  

good morning Faerie and everyone,

I just want to proudly announce that I lost an ENTIRE pound this morning!
yeh me!

has anyone noticed that the more one increases fiber intake the more they FART? I wonder why that happens?

okay time to get started at work, the clock just reminded me LOL

have a wonderful, fun-filled day everyone
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Suite, I so happy for you, I'm sure you are so glad it's over

Hi Everybody in Flex-Land
hope things are good-hope the rest of you week goes super
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #81  
Made of Starstuff

Suite!!!! Oh I'm so proud You take your time and get yourself back on track. Let us know how things are when you get the chance!

Butterfly - About the gas Yeah... fiber will do that! Congrats on the pound!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #82  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Institches - Hope things are going well
Old 04-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hi Faerie,
Yeah, I'm okay, thanks for asking
Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #84  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

morning all!
hey butterfly drinking more water will help decrease the fiber side effects!
hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #85  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Suite: it's over yay! I love it when looonnng educational trials are over...although I can't even imagine graduate school work yet. The longest paper I have had to write was 10 pages...congratulations on finishing it!

thanks for all the advice everyone!

Butterfly: Yes I drink tonnnns of water! That is all I drink, no juice, no soda, nothing except tea without sugar once in a while. That's why I am saying it is so depressing because I think that I am doing everything, and the weight is still not coming off. I drink around 150 ounces of water a day...and that's just average. A lot of times I go above that when I am working out or if it is hot outside. I also am pretty active during the day with walking all over my school's campus, walking up and down stairs, etc.

~Well it is 1045 am, and I have to leave at 1130am...so I guess I better get in the shower!!!
I will probably work out today since I think I am going to be skipping my night class!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #86  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly View Post
morning all!
hey butterfly drinking more water will help decrease the fiber side effects!
hope everyone is having a great day!

This is good to know. I'm going to try adding more water. I've noticed waaaaay more flactulence than one person needs since starting WW!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #87  
The Last 10lbs!

Good evening everyone!

Suite - Well done! I can't imagine how stressful that must have been. Good luck with the next few weeks; I'm sure once you have more time on your hands you will be right back on track. I know when I have essays to write and deadlines to meet sometimes I will eat really badly until they're finished!

To everyone about the "gassy" problems - I've noticed it too. I am drinking a lot more water than I used to but I've also noticed my stomach makes a lot more noise than it used to as well. I was sitting in a lecture today and my stomach growled so loud that the girl two chairs over from me turned and smiled and all I could do was go "ah... hehehe" and blush and smile too. Ack, embarassing!

I wanted to be down to 145 by the end of May, but I've readjusted my goal to 150. I am still afraid I may not make that though. It seems like I go through periods of strong resolution and those of really weak, who-cares-what-happens moods. TOM is on its way, so I think my recent craving for sweet stuff will probably disappear in a few days, and the constant weariness from the jet lag is keeping me from exercising (though I did walk an extra 15 mins to the other school campus and back today to try and make some sort of effort). I am so scared that I will put the weight back on before my holiday in Spain if I continue like this. I am still within my points for the week, but I've used half my flex points in two days and worry about the rest of the week. Agh, I know I can do this, so why am I doubting myself now? Please don't mind me, I must just be tired.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Here's a dancing carrot for all of you that are staying on plan, drinking lots of water, and looooooosing!

Last edited by freedomreins; 04-16-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #88  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hey Flexy Folks! I am Biggest Loser inspired! Yeeehaw that was amazing!

On the flatulence...mhmm...I also added iFlora which is acidophilus to my vitamin pack morning and night for the first couple of months I was on WW and it made a HUGE difference in complete digestion! So huge my DH thanked me I went fiber-nuts my first couple of months on WW. I am still taking iFlora every morning.

Also if I'm having a particularly hard to digest meal, lots of fiber or beans or even steak I usually take a digestive enzyme along with it.

I'm big on yogurt eating, but the points, they do add up, so I find this a good way to get the "good" stuff into my gut on a regular basis.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

I've been pretty busy the last few days. I've fallen off the wagon a few times (in particular sunday), but I actually lost 1.9lbs on my WI on monday, which really re-motivated me.

Ohhhh last night though. It was my & dh's anniv. He took me to Benihannas, which I thought would be workable. Until they put all this butter on my food while cooking it. It really hit my system bad last night, because I've cut out so much fat. I still wasn't feeling well this morning. I had a pretty light breakfast & lunch because of it. Had a good sized salad w/toppings that made up my points for today though.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #90  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Wow Gemini...happy anniversary! Sorry you ended up feeling bad...but its also kinda cool that you've been eating healthy enough to the point that you can feel the butter in your system! Keep it up! Hope you can continue to celebrate the rest of this week!
Closed Thread