Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #1  
A child of God :)

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/199 (for now)

Default NSV -- Losing Weight During Holidays!

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but I was just telling my husband the other day that I think this is the first holiday season in my LIFE that I have lost weight. No matter how small or large I've been I have always gained at least 5lbs during the holidays, sometimes up to 15.

Then I feel like crud on New Year's, making bargins and promises to myself that I will "get back on track". This usually means I start again in around February -- or not at all lol. I laugh but it really is sad.

Anyway, my non-scale victory today is that I am actually LOSING weight during the holiday season (which I count from Halloween to New Year's).

Another NSV for me is that I've consistantly been under my highest weight for well over a year now (and creeping downward). Granted the scale is moving much slower than it could be if I just stayed on track completely, but I consider it a victory that I've never just given up and went right back to where I began (which is what I've always done in the past).

Anyway, I'm happy about those two things and just wanted to share Losing this weight is a Spiritual and emotional process and I feel that getting down to the nitty gritty is contributing to my continuing (albeit slow) success.
35X35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Yay! Losing weight during the holidays is awesome. Keep up the great work!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

I think that's an AWESOME accomplishment! Way to go! (:

This is going to be my goal as well, to keep getting fitter even over the holidays while I'm on vacation for an entire month. I could just give in and say that gaining back is inevitable, but your post gives me inspiration it's possible to keep losing!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Staying below your highest weight is a big deal! Keep at it.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #5  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

I know what u mean! I've lost 5 lbs since Thanksgiving and today I did the Jingle Bell 5k fun run. My 1st 5k!! It was a practice one for me because I'm only on wk 4 of the c25k training so I fully expected to do more walking than running. But I surprised myself and ran almost 75% of it. I am doing another 5k in May 2013 and my goal is to run the whole thing!

AS of this week I'm over the 50-lb milestone and I'm only 8 lbs shy of the 1/3 mark of my ultimate weightloss goal of losing 180 lbs--more than half my body weight!! Thats my goal for December. I'm gonna finish 2012 strong!

Congrats to you on your success! Keep up the good work! You are gonna feel awesome ringing in the new year!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote