Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Fri. 12 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

TGIF
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  

Good morning! I have to say that my modified version of maintenance has me feeling great. As someone who has thought of herself as a "night owl" for years, it's startling to be an early bird so consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded to my post with their honest and sincere opinions!!!! It is so greatly appreciated!!!

I am going to continue down the same path that I have been on now for the past 11 weeks and hope to continue to lose the weight and inches.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart!!!!
Lorrie, I'm curious what are you going to do? Continue with 3 packs a day and intense interval exercise 3-4 days/week? Add another packet and continue the interval treadmill work? You do want to safeguard your muscle mass -- it takes women a long time to build even 1 lb of muscle doing weights or resistance training.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #3  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Good Morning..... I'm on day 5 of IP.... Just trying a V pudding in my coffee (not bad) ....... I am feeling very sleepy, haven't slept well the last two nights... But I have been told about an amazing energy that I should soon have..... I am SO looking forward to it. As I'm sure my kids are...lol

I run a home daycare and there isn't school today. So, I will have 8 daycare kids here plus my own 5. (mine are all 10-15 though) Hoping to do some fun wintery crafts with them as we actually have a blanket of white in the yard now.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Its friday and I'm so glad...my body is going thru some wonderful changes, I went thru my closet yesterday and I have stacks of clothes..that was actually so much fun...another 5-8 lbs and I have a few more things to wear..I bought these and never got to wear them..so they are all new...
Ideal Protein for me as been a life saver...I am feeling so very happy with my loss showing and my body moving better...Now I'm going to add more exercise to tone this body of mine up...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
Good Morning..... I'm on day 5 of IP.... Just trying a V pudding in my coffee (not bad) ....... I am feeling very sleepy, haven't slept well the last two nights... But I have been told about an amazing energy that I should soon have..... I am SO looking forward to it. As I'm sure my kids are...lol

I run a home daycare and there isn't school today. So, I will have 8 daycare kids here plus my own 5. (mine are all 10-15 though) Hoping to do some fun wintery crafts with them as we actually have a blanket of white in the yard now.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.
Your going to feel great..the first few days are hard..make sure you drink your water..I also like a nice fresh decaf mango tea...it also helps...good luck to you...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #6  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Good morning! I have to say that my modified version of maintenance has me feeling great. As someone who has thought of herself as a "night owl" for years, it's startling to be an early bird so consistently.

Lorrie, I'm curious what are you going to do? Continue with 3 packs a day and intense interval exercise 3-4 days/week? Add another packet and continue the interval treadmill work? You do want to safeguard your muscle mass -- it takes women a long time to build even 1 lb of muscle doing weights or resistance training.
Good Morning Svelting:

I am going to continue with the 4 protein packs as my coach suggested. I do still intend on doing the exercise on the treadmill with a workout with the weights afterwards. I wanted to let you know that this workout is not extreme by any means. I am feeling good once I am done on the treadmill and I have broken a sweat, but I am not panting (lol). I only work with the weights for about 10 minutes max.

So I will "keep on keeping on" and see what results I get on the scale next week.

Thanks for your message!

L
Old 11-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

I lost 30 pounds! Haven't been able to do this with any other program! Yay, yay, and more yay!!! (Tastes much better than junk food, lol.)
Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning IP friends. I am going to take one day at a time. I did well yesterday until the evening. It is so easy to fall back into old habits. I know that I have always turned to food for comfort. I must turn this around. I have worked to hard to turn back now.
Have a good day,
tle
Old 11-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #9  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning IP friends. I am going to take one day at a time. I did well yesterday until the evening. It is so easy to fall back into old habits. I know that I have always turned to food for comfort. I must turn this around. I have worked to hard to turn back now.
Have a good day,
tle
When I'm looking for something to 'munch' in the evening, I grab a baby dill pickle or 2. You could also make "crepe" crackers out of the plain IP crepe mix. Nice and crunchy. You can add whatever seasonings (non MSG) that your tastebuds are looking for. I used garlic salt and chili powder.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
When I'm looking for something to 'munch' in the evening, I grab a baby dill pickle or 2. You could also make "crepe" crackers out of the plain IP crepe mix. Nice and crunchy. You can add whatever seasonings (non MSG) that your tastebuds are looking for. I used garlic salt and chili powder.
Thanks so much for the ideas. It is salt and sweets that I seem to be craving. This sounds like it might help.
Have a great day,
tle
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #11  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Thanks so much for the ideas. It is salt and sweets that I seem to be craving. This sounds like it might help.
Have a great day,
tle
Ooooo, how about the crepe crackers with Stevia sweetner and cinnamon. I may have to try that one.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #12  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Sorry! I changed the settings to get it off the web and only accessible if you have the link but apparently that's not working. I added you as someone able to edit, and opened it back to the web.

Here's the link again:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...vdXAza3c&hl=en
DON'T be sorry! Thank you so much for your quick reply and approval, as it's such a wealth of information! My mom was over and I was trying to show it to her as well. I think it's fabulous!

Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #13  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I've been busy and haven't checked in this week but it seems that someone else has been asking a question I need an answer to. I reached my 60 lb weight loss go (62-1/4 lbs) last week and, although I want to lose another 10-15 lbs, I decided to start exercising in order to tone my body. The only problem I'm having is that I'm much hungrier when I exercise. I have added one more packet (usually after my workout). Today I will ask my coach when I go for my wegh in. I will also work with the trainer at the "Y" to design a program that will allow me to continue to lose weight while toning those parts of my body that need it.

Is there a link to this question that I've missed. Thanks.

Marilyn
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Default Happy Birthday to me!

Sorry, just had to do it - my kids didn't say anything to me this morning and my fav person at work seems to have forgotten, but that's ok! I feel pretty good.

Had a meeting of the minds and have decided to go another way over the holidays. IP has been great, but it's getting too pricey with all the other prior obligations I have. I must prioritize. I'm looking into alternatives, like Lindora. I don't want to lose my momentum, but I have to look at other ways of doing this. I wanted to keep buying one box a week and have a drink in the mornings, but was told that the clinic is not a grocery store.

My scales this morning said 189.2 - I'm still walking and using my husband's weight system. I hope to continue this trend during the next few months.

Any advice??

Thanks for listening.

Barbara Ann
Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I've been busy and haven't checked in this week but it seems that someone else has been asking a question I need an answer to. I reached my 60 lb weight loss go (62-1/4 lbs) last week and, although I want to lose another 10-15 lbs, I decided to start exercising in order to tone my body. The only problem I'm having is that I'm much hungrier when I exercise. I have added one more packet (usually after my workout). Today I will ask my coach when I go for my wegh in. I will also work with the trainer at the "Y" to design a program that will allow me to continue to lose weight while toning those parts of my body that need it.

Is there a link to this question that I've missed. Thanks.

Marilyn
Straight from the good doctor's book (p. 105):

Quote:
What if I’m hungry after a workout?

You’re probably more thirsty than hungry. It’s normal to drink lots
of fluids after exercising, because your body has lost a great deal of
water. The secret is to avoid overly sweet beverages and to go for
those that are just sweet enough to provide energy. Salty drinks are
better, because they replenish the salts your body has lost through
perspiration.

As for appetite, you’d better rethink your preconceived notions.
Experiments on rats revealed that an active rat that became inactive
sought solace by gobbling down food and getting fat, perhaps out of
inactivity or to compensate for it. It turns out that the same is true
for people. A sedentary lifestyle increases food intake more than
regular physical activity does. When you’re active, you eat fewer
calories and the calories you do eat are burned faster and better.

There’s an added benefit: regular exercise tends to delay weight
gain, as shown by an experiment conducted in 1995. Two groups
of obese women were put on a diet, but only one group exercised.
The women who exercised had an easier time sticking to their diet
and once their diet ended, 90% of them maintained their new
weight, compared to just 34% of the women in the group that did
not exercise. An excellent example, don’t you think?
hugs
Closed Thread