Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/10/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-10-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Morning friends! I'm on a plane going to visit my parents and then head to a wedding. A little nervous about four days away, especially tonight because we are going out for my dads birthday. However my mom was awesome even though she seems a little skeptical of te diet itself... She went out and bought my staples and my Costco shakes and I brought y favorite packets so we should be good to go! Game plan: stick to plan and no drinking at wedding... I've never been one to say no to free drinks but suppose there's a first time for everything.

Have a good day all!

Last edited by djs06; 10-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

It's another chilly morning here in Chicago. I love the fall and being able to wear all my cozy sweaters. The only problem I have now is that most of them are too big. Guess I need to do some shopping this weekend!

I also need some new pants. I don't have any jeans that fit. The 2 pairs that I have been wearing I can take off and on without unzipping them. The belt I have been using to hold them up is also way to big, and I have had to put some new notches in it. It's to the point that the end of it is way too long.

I love these "problems"!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Morning friends! I'm on a plane going to visit my parents and then head to a wedding. A little nervous about four days away, especially tonight because we are going out for my dads birthday. However my mom was awesome even though she seems a little skeptical of te diet itself... She went out and bought my staples and my Costco shakes and I brought y favorite packets so we should be good to go! Game plan: stick to plan and no drinking at wedding... I've never been one to say no to free drinks but suppose there's a first time for everything.

Have a good day all!
Sounds like a great mom!

Just stick with the choices that are OP and you will do great.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good afternoon All. Weigh in number 8 and I am down 3lbs! This means I have met my first goal and lost a total of 2 stones=28lbs! I feel fantastic. Goal number 2 by Christmas. Good luck all.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone! Day 5 of phase 2 - getting used to the protein for lunch - but it's so strange after so long on phase 1 - I'm trying to think of "creative" proteins rather than always grilled chicken on salad for lunch - I can see that getting boring soon (which is funny because I never got bored with eating the same IP foods everyday!) I was wondering if I had an egg white omlette with ff ham that would be OP. I think so- but would welcome thoughts from others. Have a great OP day!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #7  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

S/C/G: 266/249/175

Height: 68"

Default Introduction/First Thread -

Good morning all!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Officially started IP on Saturday 10/6 - ramped up to it using some EAS CarbadvantEdge drinks, veg and almost zero (or as close as I could come) carbs in the days leading up, so that when I "OFFICIALLY" started IP, I'd be ketotic or pretty darn close to it.

I was peeing smelly and had the metallic taste in my mouth by Day 2. I'm a former Atkins guy, so I know ketosis when I smell it - and unfortunately - my wife has put out the "DO NOT TRESPASS" sign as she's not a big fan of the odors coming out of, and wafting around me. (Sorry if it's TMI for a first post)

But I share because I care. I care about living longer, living a more healthful life and I want to be around a long time. This site has been an absolute Godsend to me since I started down this path. I know 2 people who have lost a lot (man lost 100#, and woman has lost 30# so far and is still falling) - so I have personal knowledge of others who have succeeded, and I'm formerly from the medical profession, so I understand MOST of the chemistry behind all of this. My wife - who IS in the medical profession is much more supportive of this lifestyle versus Atkins - she couldn't argue with the results of Atkins - my blood chemistries changed DRAMATICALLY (Triglycerides went from 497 to 189 in 12 weeks), but she vehemently fought me on the process, the unlimited calories and the unlimited fat. This program seems to take the best of a lot of different protocols and meshes them into one that works for the long haul.

I'll be asking lots of questions - none of them short - I'm of Irish lineage and we dont communicate in 2 sentences....we tell stories. I'll post my first story after lunch today when I have time. (It involves my Coach - ALREADY!!!)

As for my moniker - I've started on my bucket list - at 45 years old, I'm starting to recognize my mortality and now have the time to start ticking some of the more exciting things off my list.

I've wanted to learn to fly since I was 7 or 8. I finally got around to it in May of this year. I'd been searching for 5 years. I couldnt find the combination of available plane that was big enough (but still fit my flight profile) and an Instructor who was small enough (Under 160#) to learn to fly - The License I'm getting restricts the total weight of plane, fuel and people to 600Kg, so I was hamstrung. I finally found an 83 year old guy that had the plane and the size and I've been flying with him all summer - once I can post photos, I'll post my First Solo photo. I've done all my solo time, but now, before I can get my license I have to fly with a "Pilot Examiner" who will give me a flight test. There are no Pilot Examiners within 500 miles of me who weigh LESS than 180-190# - so the plane would be overweight. So I cant get my license till I either a. buy a $125K plane (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN) or b. Lose a bunch of weight.

My brother saw a photo of me and my instructor in the cockpit while I was flying one day (we were squished in there pretty good) and named me "CHUNK YEAGER" - and it stuck. Now everyone calls me Chunk.

That......I guess......Is my FIRST Story.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning everyone!

It's another chilly morning here in Chicago. I love the fall and being able to wear all my cozy sweaters. The only problem I have now is that most of them are too big. Guess I need to do some shopping this weekend!

I also need some new pants. I don't have any jeans that fit. The 2 pairs that I have been wearing I can take off and on without unzipping them. The belt I have been using to hold them up is also way to big, and I have had to put some new notches in it. It's to the point that the end of it is way too long.

I love these "problems"!
Congrats!!! Skinny Girl Problems!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk Yeager View Post
Good morning all!!!

Officially started IP on Saturday 10/6 - ramped up to it using some EAS CarbadvantEdge drinks, veg and almost zero (or as close as I could come) carbs in the days leading up, so that when I "OFFICIALLY" started IP, I'd be ketotic or pretty darn close to it.

I was peeing smelly and had the metallic taste in my mouth by Day 2. I'm a former Atkins guy, so I know ketosis when I smell it - and unfortunately - my wife has put out the "DO NOT TRESPASS" sign as she's not a big fan of the odors coming out of, and wafting around me. (Sorry if it's TMI for a first post)

But I share because I care. I care about living longer, living a more healthful life and I want to be around a long time. This site has been an absolute Godsend to me since I started down this path. I know 2 people who have lost a lot (man lost 100#, and woman has lost 30# so far and is still falling) - so I have personal knowledge of others who have succeeded, and I'm formerly from the medical profession, so I understand MOST of the chemistry behind all of this. My wife - who IS in the medical profession is much more supportive of this lifestyle versus Atkins - she couldn't argue with the results of Atkins - my blood chemistries changed DRAMATICALLY (Triglycerides went from 497 to 189 in 12 weeks), but she vehemently fought me on the process, the unlimited calories and the unlimited fat. This program seems to take the best of a lot of different protocols and meshes them into one that works for the long haul.

I'll be asking lots of questions - none of them short - I'm of Irish lineage and we dont communicate in 2 sentences....we tell stories. I'll post my first story after lunch today when I have time. (It involves my Coach - ALREADY!!!)

As for my moniker - I've started on my bucket list - at 45 years old, I'm starting to recognize my mortality and now have the time to start ticking some of the more exciting things off my list.

I've wanted to learn to fly since I was 7 or 8. I finally got around to it in May of this year. I'd been searching for 5 years. I couldnt find the combination of available plane that was big enough (but still fit my flight profile) and an Instructor who was small enough (Under 160#) to learn to fly - The License I'm getting restricts the total weight of plane, fuel and people to 600Kg, so I was hamstrung. I finally found an 83 year old guy that had the plane and the size and I've been flying with him all summer - once I can post photos, I'll post my First Solo photo. I've done all my solo time, but now, before I can get my license I have to fly with a "Pilot Examiner" who will give me a flight test. There are no Pilot Examiners within 500 miles of me who weigh LESS than 180-190# - so the plane would be overweight. So I cant get my license till I either a. buy a $125K plane (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN) or b. Lose a bunch of weight.

My brother saw a photo of me and my instructor in the cockpit while I was flying one day (we were squished in there pretty good) and named me "CHUNK YEAGER" - and it stuck. Now everyone calls me Chunk.

Welcoime and thanks for coming out of lurking. We also have a Men on IP thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...p-vol2-29.html, stop by there and introduce yourself as well. There are more and more "coming out" and speaking which is awesome.

Today is my weigh in and I must say the WHOOSH fairy visited me last night....are you READY for this.....after 74 week on IP I have dropped another 6lbs!!!!!!!.......BAM out of no where another 6lbs gone...can you tell I am a little OVER the moon!!....wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-10-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Good morning all!!!

First off.. Welcome! And you have totally come to the right place, these people here are crazy full of information and more of support!
Second...Keep them stories comin! I love em! I myself am Korean/Native/Irish so the Native and the Irish tells ya there is not such thing as a "to make a long story short" I dont even know what that means? Is that even possible? I'm a rambler! And I'm epic for TMI! LOL so bring it! LOL
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Good morning all!!!

Welcome! I am looking forward to your stories =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Congrats!!! Skinny Girl Problems!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcoime and thanks for coming out of lurking. We also have a Men on IP thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...p-vol2-29.html, stop by there and introduce yourself as well. There are more and more "coming out" and speaking which is awesome.

Today is my weigh in and I must say the WHOOSH fairy visited me last night....are you READY for this.....after 74 week on IP I have dropped another 6lbs!!!!!!!.......BAM out of no where another 6lbs gone...can you tell I am a little OVER the moon!!....wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:

Congrats! Girl i got to tell you, I love your smile! It's so big it hurts my cheeks! But we all know why you are smiling so big, i can only imagine how big you are smiling today! Congrats again sweetie!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #13  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good morning all!!!

Welcome Chunk! I look forward to more stories and shared successes. Getting your pilot's license is a fantastic motivator!

Quote:

WoWzeRs woman, that is amazing!!!! Send her my way, WI is tomorrow
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

Welcome Chunk (i like it!!). It sounds like you've comitted before you started, so the rest should be the easy part.

Wuv.....you are amazing. Simply amazing. Your story and dedication keeps me focused on the goal, thanks for sharing and enjoy your day!!

My rings are now loose, which is appreciated, BUT I am still trying to convince my big ole belly that it can be on it's way. Oh well, I did put some time (and food/crap) into growing it!!

Have a great day
Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/201/130

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Good morning all!!!

I've been op for 10 days and my carbs have been mostly less then 30g a day, I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis but I don't have anything odorous going on. Does everyone get fragrant in ketosis?

Last edited by chrismprice; 10-10-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Closed Thread