Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #61  
Gabriela's Grandma

S/C/G: 172/154/115

Height: 62"

I just stumbled on to your thread and am DYING to know what's up since your post last week? - GREAT JOB so far, by the way...
Gramizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #62  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Whats up with what? The article? It is detailed in a forum announcement - I'm currently (or about to be, depending on where you live and how quickly they stock the magazine section) on the cover of Woman's World magazine.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:56 AM   #63  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi Mandalinn!!

I read your article in woman's world and when i saw the announcement on 3fc, i had to pop over and see ya!

btw I just had the peach cobbler........yummy!

I was in shock to find out that you're literally right down the road from me....I'm in Fairfield!

My name is Amy btw, and I am subscribing to this thread LOL

Your article completely re-inspired me to work harder.....Day 1 has been tough but I've managed to make it thru! When you have time away from being famous for being a covergirl (hehe) drop me a line okie day? Thanks!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #64  
Moderating Mama

A cowboy fan in Fairfield? Heeheehee - welcome to 3FC!

I'm glad you enjoyed the cobbler - it is one of my favorites during the summer - so sweet and delicious!

I'm also glad you came to join us - I'm around and posting all the time, so stick around and you'll get to know me QUITE well.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #65  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Absolutely.....my DH and I were stationed out here at Travis AFB a little over 5 years ago. I've been to all the Cowboy games out here and nearly got beat down in San Francisco LOLOL

Do you have a thread for your own recipes? I love what you have there in the magazine. I've been trying to stick to Jorge Cruise's 3 hr diet but I just get so bored with trying to make the recipes in there. For dinner last night I had the turkey burger pita and I was full....I'm not sure what's for lunch yet but I've gotta get it ready to go....I am tryin to leave for work way before 7 this week....

And thanks for the welcome I've been here at 3fc for a few years...i post in the chicks up for a challenge thread........sometimes in 30 somethings too
Old 10-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #66  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wow!

Amanda that is a really amazing transformation! I remember seeing the first picture somewhere on the forum a looooong time ago but your results are just wonderful!

Who knew you could do such amazing things if you just get out there and do it. Wish I could give myself that pep talk!

I know you said you had some problems with your knee but what exactly did the doctor say was wrong if you don't mind me asking? I have what I call a grinding/liquid sound along with a very rare pop in my knee (thanks dad!) so I'm just curious if maybe I have the same thing. I found its kind of unbearable to walk slowly up stairs and I have to kind of jog up them so I don't notice it. My husband thinks I'm weird cause I have to run to get in front of him cause he crawls up the 3 flights of stairs to the apartment.

didn't mean to get into life story there. Just would like to know more info if you get the chance.
chellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

Smile

I just want to say thank you..for sharing your before and after pic,for sharing your story...its these kind of things that can keep a person going and beleiving that it can happen,with hard work,with friends,it can happen...and right now I know I need that...with halloween and xmas around the corner,its going to be hard,but turning to such inspiring people such as yourself,it helps so much...as Im sure you did when you sstarted...so thank you..

I also seen you in womans world,and to be honest,had no idea this was you until it was mentioned above...lol...I just came in for the story!!

anyways,great job...as for the last 4pds,try a diffrent work out this week,and if the weight still doesnt come off,and this is what you are comfortable with and its something you can obviously maintain,then maybe this is where your body is ment to be...good luck!!

Lannae
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #68  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

Amanda you look great! congratulations on your success!!!
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #69  
Moderating Mama

Michelle - well, there are not one, not two, but THREE things wrong with it.

First problem - discovered via MRI and resolved via surgery was a plica - a band of connective tissue that isn't supposed to be there. Mine ran from the inside of my femur down across the side of my kneecap. That was what was snapping when going down stairs. The problem gets worse over time, but it wouldn't result in pain going UP stairs.

Second problem - knee tracking issue. Discovered via surgery, being resolved via physical therapy - my kneecap is supposed to move in a groove on my femur, and instead it moves over to the outside. This causes a different pop, in a different location, when my knee is straightened all the way, and when I lift my leg with it straight. It causes pain on the inside of my kneecap.

Third problem - scars in the bursa. This causes problems with kneeling and some "crunchiness".

Its complicated

Lannae - just hit goal! See link in my signature for details.

MadamePJ - thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #70  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Congrats Manda!!!! Someday I will hit goal LOL....
Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #71  

Amanda.... just looked at your pic progress. OMG you look model worthy amazing!!! You should be so proud of your progress. Hang in there and don't let those regression demons get inside your head.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #72  
Moderating Mama

HolyTeror - Of COURSE you're going to hit goal! One foot in front of the other.

Katmeow - Wow! Thank you! I'm hanging in and staying on plan, at least for now, and I've got all of you guys to whip me back into shape if I start deviating, so I think I'll be ok.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #73  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Manda....one of these days we'll have to get together and have a healthy lunch....lol well maybe one of these days when I'm not so much a stranger

well that'll have to be a day I don't have school or work Inspired by you, I lost 5 lbs last week. I'm trying to find the energy to hit the treadmill tonight.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #74  

Wow!
What an inspiration.
JPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #75  
Happy Holidays!

S/C/G: 174/154/135

Height: 5' 2 1/4"

That is great that you lost all that weight before your wedding day! I bet it made that day so much more amazing!
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote