Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

You have to give yourself time to get used to everything. Your body is adjusting at the same time you are trying to wrap your head around all the rules. Many people feel terrible for a few days and want to give up. I do better at work too, I think because I have other stuff to focus on. As long as I have planned to take food or have thought out what I will buy, I put it out of my mind till lunch or break. but at home the kitchen is always there, or the TV. I think my maintenance life will probably be to eat like now on weekdays to make up for what thIngs I add in at home. You are not alone- this is a big commitment! Keep posting.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #167  

I loved this! Thanks. And diet cherry soda by Hansons is a fave of mine anyway.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #168  

brandie-it is easier when I'm at work or just anywhere with my mind on something else. At home if I get tempted food is right there to entice me.

i made myself a similar cherry cola drink...diet cherry soda, a chocolate pudding and strawberries. Super yummy. I also like diet cherry 7up, a vanilla pudding, and berries. (obviously it has to be at a time you can have an HNS and fruit). i think a lunch option adds in cottage cheese and it's like having a huge bowl of frozen yogurt for lunch.

Home by myself for the first time in a long time. Quiet. Nice. A little hot tea. some reading. Ahhhhhh!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #169  
Brandi

S/C/G: 261/256/154

Height: 5'3

Thanks guys! My other issue is that my stomach seems to be upset all the time. Is this just because I am adjusting? Or is there a supplement that I can be taking that is making me frequent the bathroom? I stopped taking the Cal/Mag thinking it was that- but stomach still aches.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #170  

Down 1 lb since Sunday. I'm not sure how because it has been a rough week for me, but I'll take it. It seems harder for me this time around to stay focused and keep moving forward. One day at a time I guess...or one meal at a time in my case.

By the way, I tried both the Walden Farms original and thick and spicy BBQ sauces. Not bad. Now, not as good as KC Masterpiece, but good. It's another way to eat my chicken so I'm happy. Thanks for the tip ladies!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #171  

brandie-I didn't have issues with an upset stomach, I had problems with constipation at first. But eventually my body regulated itself.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #172  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandilew84 View Post
Hey Everyone- I am new to MRC (started 2/7/12). Today I had a sob fest and cried at every opportunity I could. This is very out of character for me. A complete 360 actually. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around meals- what you can and cannot eat, portion control, and food that's tasteless or unappealing to me.

I know most of my issues are my body going through shock and confusion right now, training myself to be stronger day by day, and not having those daily comfort foods anymore. That's what is the hardest.

When I weighed in Tuesday I had only lost 0.5lbs which came as a shocker! I feel like all I do is urinate! I also do better at work with the meal plan than I do at home- anyone else have issues with that?

Brandi, I promise you, it does get better. Once you get used to it, it will be like second nature to you. The first 10 days on plan are always the worst. It will be worth it though.

Work is "easier" for me deal with too because the food is limited and more controlled. At home, it is a bit more of a struggle because food is so readily available. I've said many times, losing weight for me is more of a mental game than physical. Physically, I can absolutely do this. It's my mind that gets in the way. The problem is, if I cheat at home, it will show up on the scale and even though it may not seem like much of a cheat, the menu is carefully planned out and eating a little extra of this or not enough of that always backfires. Sometimes in a big way.

This board has been an incredible source of support for me. I encourage you to post here often. We all know what you're going through and if you have a question, inevitably, someone will be able to help.

Good luck on your journey!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

brandi-the first day was the worst for me. I went from barely drinking 8oz of water a day to drinking 64oz over night and my body rejecting that notion. I was in the bathroom all day with "stomach" issues. I'm sure your body just has to figure out what you are doing to it and things will go much better. Good luck on your journey.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #174  
Brandi

Great! Thanks- I just couldn't wrap my head around this! My stomach still hurts- not hunger pain but a burning/cramping. I go back in Saturday so I will check with them and see what could be causing my belly issues. =)

I bought my food scale last night and pre-packaged my fruits/veggies/snacks. Went to work and left them all in the fridge! Go figure.

My biggest issue is protein! I am not a big fan of meat- so I eat a lot of tuna, turkey, chicken. I had flounder for dinner last night and was pleasantly surprised. I liked it! I had the HNS Green Tea with Cranberry. It was blah. I had to drink it like I drink beer. Fast.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Don't forget about eggs and cheese. And now the nuts too. Your protein doesn't always have to come from meat. They also have a vegetarian diet but I don't know what the requirements are to be on that. I struggled with having to eat 6oz of protein. It doesn't sound like a lot until you weight it out and have to eat it. And mix it up some too. I ate the turkey/chicken so much that I was getting really tired of it which had me questioning my decision to do this. I started adding in the other proteins and combining proteins and I think that is what kept me going.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #176  

When and in what quantity are nuts now allowed? And on another topic, does anybody take their measurements often? My weight is bouncing around the same few pounds but my waist is definitely getting smaller. About an inch I'm the last couple weeks. I am doing ab exercises 3x week- could it be they actually work???
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #177  

Height: 5' 5"

My husband jokes with me, that we're not playing "Where's Waldo?" We're playing "Where's Jen?" Just found out my ad ran in Sioux City, Iowa. I still can't believe it. Things like this just don't happen to me!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
When and in what quantity are nuts now allowed? And on another topic, does anybody take their measurements often? My weight is bouncing around the same few pounds but my waist is definitely getting smaller. About an inch I'm the last couple weeks. I am doing ab exercises 3x week- could it be they actually work???
I'm on Menus Made Easy, and eat raw cashews quite often. I love, love, love them. I'm allowed 1 oz. at breakfast up to twice a week, or 1/2 oz at my snack time.

I'm doing my yellow belt test tomorrow. So nervous, but I'm ready. Tae Kwon Do has been a great form of exercise. It kicks my butt everytime! I had some really bad news from my mom this week about her health. I am so worried about her and have been king of weepy. So far I haven't stress eaten, which I'm proud of. I'm trying hard not to.

Have a great day everyone!
Chickadee
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #179  

@camaswa-yes, I take my measurements every 2 weeks. And lately my waist esp has been dropping with adding more exercise but the weight loss has slowed significantly (maybe average a pound a week). Once you've lost soem of the overlayer, ab exercises (and any strength ex's) can help change your shape.

@Jen-Sioux City is the area I grew up in and where my parents are. Too cool. You're a celeb

Now to stay strictly on plan today. I think with being so close to goal I'm letting myself get a little too slack...just get it done so I can move on to stabilization. I think once I get below 155 I will ask to switch to stabilization (since she's letting me chose when I want to).
Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #180  
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
Don't forget about eggs and cheese. And now the nuts too. Your protein doesn't always have to come from meat. They also have a vegetarian diet but I don't know what the requirements are to be on that. I struggled with having to eat 6oz of protein. It doesn't sound like a lot until you weight it out and have to eat it. And mix it up some too. I ate the turkey/chicken so much that I was getting really tired of it which had me questioning my decision to do this. I started adding in the other proteins and combining proteins and I think that is what kept me going.
I do eat eggs! But the cheese- What is the best cheese to eat??
Closed Thread