Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #106  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!

Well, I had my WI yesteday and was down 2lbs!!!

I am really trying to buckle down so that I can give myself permission to start Stabilization by the end of the year....

Anyone out there getting real tired of eggs? Heck!! I don't know what someone on this diet would do if they didn't like eggs...lol I think I need to get more creative with my meals, because I am getting in a rut lately with what I make and it can get old

I agree that the chocolate shake is the best..and I add so much ice that it is frothy like a chocolate ICEE..makes it yummier for me

I so enjoy reading all of the posts...many of them make me laugh because I so relate!!! So good to have people out there that "get it!"

Have a great day
Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #107  

Tamikl...
Congrats on your weigh loss. A good one... I never tired of eggs, as I kept my menu varied as there is plenty of food we are allowed... Are you talking about eggs for breakfast you are tired of? If not, please tell us the meal , and the board will be able to help you replace the egg item.. I am on maintenance, but am on green Meta Slim menu till Monday , my choice due to 2 parties coming up, but this morning had a slice of toast, with cottage cheese on top, sprinkled with cinnamon and stevia for sweetener and put in
microwave till cheese melted. Had an HNS with that, and coffee.
Yesterday, I make these mini egg quiches and bake them, they have spinach , egg beaters, cheese in them and I take two of those with a slice of bread. I also eat 2 turkey sausages with bread for breakfast.. Just to give you some ideas. On the mini quiches, I make and freeze 12 of them and where on maintenance have a minimum of two and sometimes three.

On vanilla shake, I agree Chocolate better, but if you have bought it, add some diet creme soda with it, and if allowed on your program, some of that super chocolate drink that we make the brownies with and some nutmeg and beat it up. Also another idea , if allowed, beat up with strawberries and a tropical fruit HNS or a wildberry one.

Readytobea10...
Great weight loss... I have never been asked to do the Ketostix and if I had I would have refused. This is just a personal thing.. When I signed up they were never mentioned, and somone had said they are in bathroom, and at one weigh in they were indeed in bathroom, but I have never used them in losing weight. Welcome, by the way. Wish you the best in your new challenge. This is a great forum for support so please keep active with us and ask any questions you may have.

It is so difficult to get everyone in and if I have missed anyone that has lost weight or having difficulties, I do apologize..

Everyone have a great day, and great weight loss.

Patzi
Old 12-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #108  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

What are the brownies and the chocolate drink to be added?

Weighed @ home today and was 149.9.. Woohoo..Finally in the 140s again. Super excited. Can't wait to see 139.9, then 129.9!

Hope you all are having a great day! Sea World tomorrow night, so I have to plan that out and make sure I have my "stuff" with me ..

Breakfast party next week, then Christmas (Eve and Day family parties to attend)..then Dec 29 a HS reunion of sorts for the locals or other who are in town. Have to stay strong!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #109  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
What are the brownies and the chocolate drink to be added?
The chocolate drink that you can use to make the "brownies" is the Super Chocolate Powder. I think it's meant to replace fruits... NOT to be confused with the nasty-tasting veggie replacement powder! I haven't found this powder on Diet Direct yet, so I think you can only get it from the center...

For the brownie, you mix 1 scoop super chocolate powder with 1 creamy hot cocoa packet, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 3 tbsp water. Mix with fork until batter consistency. I press mine into a small plastic container, then microwave for about 30-40 seconds. It comes out just like a gooey-ish brownie that you can eat with a spoon. Yum!

I'm on maintenance, so I eat that every night with a coconut-vanilla yogurt, and that's my dessert. On Metaslim, the brownie would = 1 creamy, 1 fruit, and some of your olive oil allotment for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Hi ladies!
Anyone out there getting real tired of eggs? Heck!! I don't know what someone on this diet would do if they didn't like eggs...lol I think I need to get more creative with my meals, because I am getting in a rut lately with what I make and it can get old
I got sick of my breakfast eggs for a while when I was on the plan. It got to the point where I almost had to gag them down. I switched to cottage cheese and a slice of toast for a while, until I got sick of the cottage cheese and went back to eggs, lol. The other thing I would do sometimes is take 2oz of cheddar and 1 slice of 45 cal bread and make a 1/2 grilled cheese (or a tortilla and make a quesadilla), or I'd just eat the cheese with a slice of toast. I LOVE cheese, though, so I thought that was yummy.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually look forward to my egg breakfast these days. I'm on maintenance now, but I fry up an egg over easy and put it on an Orowheat Sandwich Thin Mini (50 cal per "bun," and the perfect size for an egg sandwich) with a slice of Sargento low-fat colby jack (torn up to fit on the bread). Quick & easy to make (I start the egg on a med-low heat, then go and get dressed, checking on the egg), and a portable breakfast sandwich! This should work on Metaslim, too, though I'm not sure the Sargento cheese slice is 1 oz--you'd have to check on that and adjust as needed.

Last edited by teacherlady79; 12-08-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobea10 View Post
Hi all! I just started MRC 11/25/11 and I am down 7 pounds so far. I purchased the Ketostix to check for ketones and so far i'm negative. Are any of you positive and if so how long did it take you to get there? Thanks
They haven't had me test for ketones yet. (I am on day 13). But years and years ago when I did Atkins, I had to be around 20-30 g carbs per day to get in ketosis and I've been tracking my calories since I started MRC and I am getting 60 carbs a day. Way too many for me to go into ketosis.

Also, I have read that drinking a lot of water will make the strips register negative. You could be in ketosis but your water consumptioin could be diluting your urine so much it doesn't show on the strips.

But everyone is different and this is just my personal experience
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #111  

Well, I finally broke my week long plateau...unfortunately it was with the help of the stomach flu Anyone had experience with how to get back into eating after having the stomach bug. Today it's still pretty fresh and I don't want ANYTHING that is OP. I'm hoping tomorrow is better. My mom mentioned that her center told her if they got sick like that, that they would extend their contract a week (I'm guessing it messes with your body/after being this sick I'm okay with eating whatever will actually stay down). Thoughts?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I finally had a chance to read the post from the last couple of days.

Jen - great pictures, congrats on the weigth loss.

I went to WI today and stayed the same. I was told not to worry too much about it. I was still averaging just under 4 pounds a week. I was not too concerned about it. I have been OP recently and know that it will come. I'm starting to get a little worried about the holiday. We are going to be traveling and I have some great cooks in the family. It's going to be tough to resist. But I will have to remind myself that I will be able to enjoy the treats next year and it's not worth the sabatoge it would do right now. Let's just hope it works!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #113  
Maintenance Member

Thank you for the meal ideas...I love the cheese options in the morning, but then it messes me up at lunch when I love to have cheese with my salad...etc...if only we could have cheese at all meals!!!

Dinners aren't an issue for me...I love trying new recipes out of the cookbook, but I also have my favorites like stuffed peppers Love those!

I just need to mix up breakfast/lunch a bit....

Here is a question...when you are on Maintenance, does your eating schedule look much the same as while on the diet in terms of fruit only at lunch, no veggies at breakfast, etc...? Will I be able to have PBJ on Maintenance for lunch? LOL I have really missed those Anyways, just wondered...cause I am assuming that not too much is different once on Maintenance, just wondered about those details.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #114  

I never thought I'd say this but I miss salt more than I do sugar or carbs!

I started the program on Nov 14th and I'm doing great.

My center gives you a ketosis dipstick at every visit. I don't think it's an invasion of privacy, I like to see that all my hard work is paying off. And, if it shows you are not in ketosis for some reason they will be able to help get you on track. It's cheaper than me buying them and testing at home

Does anyone have a good Quiche recipe they have experimented with? We are doing a family holiday brunch and I'd like to make something that's good for me and that I can share.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #115  
Maintenance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Tamikl...
Congrats on your weigh loss. A good one... I never tired of eggs, as I kept my menu varied as there is plenty of food we are allowed... Are you talking about eggs for breakfast you are tired of? If not, please tell us the meal , and the board will be able to help you replace the egg item.. I am on maintenance, but am on green Meta Slim menu till Monday , my choice due to 2 parties coming up, but this morning had a slice of toast, with cottage cheese on top, sprinkled with cinnamon and stevia for sweetener and put in
microwave till cheese melted. Had an HNS with that, and coffee.
Yesterday, I make these mini egg quiches and bake them, they have spinach , egg beaters, cheese in them and I take two of those with a slice of bread. I also eat 2 turkey sausages with bread for breakfast.. Just to give you some ideas. On the mini quiches, I make and freeze 12 of them and where on maintenance have a minimum of two and sometimes three.

On vanilla shake, I agree Chocolate better, but if you have bought it, add some diet creme soda with it, and if allowed on your program, some of that super chocolate drink that we make the brownies with and some nutmeg and beat it up. Also another idea , if allowed, beat up with strawberries and a tropical fruit HNS or a wildberry one.

Readytobea10...
Great weight loss... I have never been asked to do the Ketostix and if I had I would have refused. This is just a personal thing.. When I signed up they were never mentioned, and somone had said they are in bathroom, and at one weigh in they were indeed in bathroom, but I have never used them in losing weight. Welcome, by the way. Wish you the best in your new challenge. This is a great forum for support so please keep active with us and ask any questions you may have.

It is so difficult to get everyone in and if I have missed anyone that has lost weight or having difficulties, I do apologize..

Everyone have a great day, and great weight loss.

Patzi
Patzi...could you share the mini egg quiche recipe with me please?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #116  

Tamikl...
If you are not on maintenance, just adjust recipe to suit your plan. My friend gave this to me a long time ago. May be a South Beach Diet recipe, as that is where she lost her weight.

VEGGIE QUICHE CUPS TO GO( made in a muffin pan)

1 package (10) oz. frozen chopped spinach
3/4cup egg beaters
3/4 cup fat free mozarella cheese
1/4 cup choppled green peppers
1/4cup onion

Defrost spinach and drail well so there is no excess liquid. I squeeze spinach
till no moisture .

Spray muffin pan with Pam or whatever spray you use.

Combine egg beaters , cheese, peppers, onions in a bowl. Mix well.Seasoning is your choice.

Divide evenly among muffin cups.. ( I usually get 10 cups filled), as I like mine
big.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. My oven takes longer than 20 minutes, so check them as cooking.

Tami.... You can use any type of cheese. I use soy cheese,as certain cheeses I sometimes cannot tolerate, and any type of veggies.. If you can't have peppers and onions on plan, used broccoli . Last week I made with cheddar type cheese, vs. mozzarella... I use herbs in there, also for taste.

3 drops of hot pepper sauce may be added to the mix if you like a hot taste.

Many times as I am off to work,I take two of these as I am going out the door, with an HNS & a slice of toast and eat on way. I keep them warm in an insulated small container that I have.

They freeze well.. I make them and freeze them and use as needed.

Hope this helps. If you change recipe around, let me know, so I can try it.
Patzi
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh gosh, this week-long biz trip has not gone so well where the diet is concerned. I have started every day OP and by dinner it's out the window. I mean, I'm still choosing the low-carb things and skipping starches and desserts... But the fat and wine are over the top.
The wine thing has been the biggest downfall. I haven't exercised and just sat all day (or been flying) so I think I craved it more just to unwind. Then I have never been someone to just have one glass. Two minimum... Well, the good news is I'm heading home today. Tomorrow I will just have to get on the scales and face the facts, whatever they may be. This is one lesson from Patzi's posts: if you do face the scales, you learn what foods and actions make you gain and which ones you can get away with.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #118  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Heading to weigh in..was down to 148.6 on home scale before things got "moving" for me in the digestive area! Sorry, TMI..but hoping an even bigger loss will show on center's scale..My home scale is almost exact with theirs, so that's great for me..**ETA** I weighed in @ 148..woohoo..So excited as I haven't been this weight in 3 months, and my lowest this whole year was 146 back in July..

TGIF everyone! Patzi..thanks for that recipe. I'm going to try it today (well, after I get some frozen spinach b/c what I have is sauteed in butter sauce).. Sounds yummy though.

Last edited by Rocki; 12-09-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Well, I finally broke my week long plateau...unfortunately it was with the help of the stomach flu Anyone had experience with how to get back into eating after having the stomach bug. Today it's still pretty fresh and I don't want ANYTHING that is OP. I'm hoping tomorrow is better. My mom mentioned that her center told her if they got sick like that, that they would extend their contract a week (I'm guessing it messes with your body/after being this sick I'm okay with eating whatever will actually stay down). Thoughts?
Not sure...I had the same thing a couple weeks ago and gained 1.5lbs which I thought odd. I haven't been able to shake that damn gain either (wi again last night at same damn weight) I didn't get offered another week but maybe your center will be better. I slowly had to get back into it but I wasn't able to eat for 4 days and it lasted 5. Good luck and feel better soon.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Thank you for the meal ideas...I love the cheese options in the morning, but then it messes me up at lunch when I love to have cheese with my salad...etc...if only we could have cheese at all meals!!!

Dinners aren't an issue for me...I love trying new recipes out of the cookbook, but I also have my favorites like stuffed peppers Love those!

I just need to mix up breakfast/lunch a bit....

Here is a question...when you are on Maintenance, does your eating schedule look much the same as while on the diet in terms of fruit only at lunch, no veggies at breakfast, etc...? Will I be able to have PBJ on Maintenance for lunch? LOL I have really missed those Anyways, just wondered...cause I am assuming that not too much is different once on Maintenance, just wondered about those details.
On maintenance I have anything I want in moderation.. If it makes me gain weight then I consider it a trigger and don't have it. I do not count calories, but just eat normally.. I never over indulge in anything.. That is the key. Eat in moderation... If you have something, have a normal size amount and see what it does to your weight.. I try new things every week, and let y'all know if it worked or it did not work.

I have a slice of baked oatmeal every afternoon and do take a fat and carb blocker with it if I take a more than larger portion. I find it is best for me to take an HNS with a carb, then do not need a fat and carb blocker, but I like my coffee in afternoon with the baked oatmeal.. Also, when I have baked oatmeal, I do not have the bread at night. It makes me gain. Carbs are a big trigger for me.. I would rather have a good portion of baked oatmeal and have no other bread during the day.

Do you recall I tried the trail mix and gained weight so curbed that one for now. Will try it at a later time and see what happens.

You will find what works for you in maintenance, and I am sure once you have lost the weight, you will eat in moderation, as you will not want to gain the weight back.

Hope this helps you.I forgot to say, I eat healthy. Don't eat any fried foods, fast food , etc. I will have a piece of candy on occasion, will try a piece of pie on occasion, but during week , I do eat very healthy.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 12-09-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Closed Thread