Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherdwn View Post
Goose:
I lied. I plan on weighing Sat morning which is the end of my first four days... then I will weigh on next friday which is the end of the second menu. Thats pretty reasonable though right?

Does anyone NOT have the support of their husbands? He seems so skeptical and critical of me sometimes. Like today when he got home, I said "I didnt do so well on my diet today... I didnt get all of my veggies in at lunch." and he was like "hmm. its only day two" in a sarcastic voice. I am done with day 3 thank you very much! lol. I could kinda understand if I had said "I went and had a hamburger and fries and a chocolate shake." But even then... if he were in my shoes I would be more encouraging. Really p*sses me off sometimes and makes me feel like im fat and ugly and will always be that way. ya know? uhg.
Asherdwn,
Don't let it get to you!! I went through a similar experience w/my hubby in the beginning. I had tried so many other diets, wasted alot of money on pills and schemes so when I came home and told my husband I wanted to join MRC and pay hundreds of dollars to start and hundreds of dollars on pills and drinks/bars etc, he was very skeptical and annoyed. I admitted I had a poor track record but I swore to him that I was going to do it this time, that I had found this website where lots of people were making it work and losing alot of weight and I just knew I could do it too. I made a promise to him that I would stick to it like glue for at least 2 mo., no quitting or whimping out, no matter what - this seemed to satisfy him and he finally agreed, gave his "blessing" per say and so I started MRC. And you know what, it has worked. I used that promise I made to him and his skepticism to motivate me to really stick to it and make it work. That's just what I needed to get off to a good foot. He watched me closely for the first month or so, was I eating on plan etc etc. He still does sometimes but after 2 mo. he realized I was serious and was seeing the results in front of his eyes. He always comes home and comments that I am the incredible shrinking lady and how happy he is that I stuck with it. He says I really surprised him. So, maybe something similar is going on with your husband and maybe you can try to talk it over with him. Mine has become very supportive and encourages me every step of the way now. No matter what, don't let it discourage you, instead let it motivate you more :0)
Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks Karen1234
His attitude does kind of motivate me... Makes me wanna be able to say "Ha!" later. lol. I think youre right about him being more supportive later on when he sees that this plan really works and that Im saving us money by doing it on my own.
I might go to the center when I have less to lose... ill need more motivation then and it will also be a bit cheaper.

You girls are gonna have to bear with me... ive been posting like crazy and thats kind of bc I am bored a LOT. I work in elementary and I have the summer off... on a two week vacation from teaching summer school. Just my puppy and me ALL day. Hubby works during the day and goes to the popo academy at night. Keeps me focused on eating what I am supposed to be eating though.

I hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #108  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Goose:
I lied. I plan on weighing Sat morning which is the end of my first four days... then I will weigh on next friday which is the end of the second menu. Thats pretty reasonable though right?

Does anyone NOT have the support of their husbands? He seems so skeptical and critical of me sometimes. Like today when he got home, I said "I didnt do so well on my diet today... I didnt get all of my veggies in at lunch." and he was like "hmm. its only day two" in a sarcastic voice. I am done with day 3 thank you very much! lol. I could kinda understand if I had said "I went and had a hamburger and fries and a chocolate shake." But even then... if he were in my shoes I would be more encouraging. Really p*sses me off sometimes and makes me feel like im fat and ugly and will always be that way. ya know? uhg.
I have a really supportive husband thankfully. However, I was reading your post and was thinking about what you said. In terms of "I didn't do so well on my diet today... I didn't get all of my veggies in at lunch"; is that really not doing well? You didn't go and have a hamburger, like you said.... So, why not try to re-frame your own thoughts about these days. Tell me all of the things you did right. And, don't rely on your husband to validate you. You are doing this. It's so great to come home and get that support, I know it is. But maybe try for a few days to come home and even if you didn't get all of your veggies in; tell him how great you feel; tell him how much energy you have. And then, sit him down and tell him how very important he is to you and how you are going to do this with or without him but you would really love to do it with his support instead of his sarcasm; that you need to get some positive reinforcement, especially in the beginning when you are trying to make this change into a new lifestyle. Tell him how much you want your life to be better, and you feel like this is the first step and you'd love to have him to be with you on this. Then.... move on..... keep going, regardless of the response. Because you are strong, and can do anything!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #109  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
asherdwn...I, too, am a habitual weigher! Every single morning I weigh and then am tortured if the scale doesn't move. Literally. I think my goal should be the same as yours. I get so down if I'm not "down"! LOL
I weigh everyday also. I thought I would change after I got to goal but I haven't, it's more of a "checking in" than anything for me. I know for me at the beginning and through program, it helped me to see the fluctuations through the week. I could gauge where I was at, what was my normal fluctuations, etc.... for example, cottage cheese! Cottage cheese would kick my butt into a plateau because of all the sodium but seeing that daily weight, then using my food diary and the consultants "eyes" we were able to figure it out pretty quick. Things like that.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #110  

Thanks Namaste and Everyone else.
You gals are great. I do feel SO much better.. I think that alone can help to motivate me.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Namaste

I just read your MRC story on your blog! I am so proud of you. What an absolutely amazing story you have. You are an inspiration. I love that you've found the woman inside you. I had tears in my eyes the whole time. Way to go!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I have a really supportive husband thankfully. However, I was reading your post and was thinking about what you said. In terms of "I didn't do so well on my diet today... I didn't get all of my veggies in at lunch"; is that really not doing well? You didn't go and have a hamburger, like you said.... So, why not try to re-frame your own thoughts about these days. Tell me all of the things you did right. And, don't rely on your husband to validate you. You are doing this. It's so great to come home and get that support, I know it is. But maybe try for a few days to come home and even if you didn't get all of your veggies in; tell him how great you feel; tell him how much energy you have. And then, sit him down and tell him how very important he is to you and how you are going to do this with or without him but you would really love to do it with his support instead of his sarcasm; that you need to get some positive reinforcement, especially in the beginning when you are trying to make this change into a new lifestyle. Tell him how much you want your life to be better, and you feel like this is the first step and you'd love to have him to be with you on this. Then.... move on..... keep going, regardless of the response. Because you are strong, and can do anything!
Well put Namaste :0)
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

I've been in a huff this week because I have not lost any wieght on the program so far and I keep seeing everyone's tickers falling. I know its only been two weeks but I was expecting something to have happened by now. I guess I just need to work on my patience and give it some more time. Blah!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRChopeful View Post
I've been in a huff this week because I have not lost any wieght on the program so far and I keep seeing everyone's tickers falling. I know its only been two weeks but I was expecting something to have happened by now. I guess I just need to work on my patience and give it some more time. Blah!

Are you going through a center or doing it by yourself? I am assuming you just got done with the blue menu and now on the green?
How is your water intake? I know not getting your water can sometimes blow you over in the weight department. I hope things start dropping!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

I am doing the program through a center and will start the green menu on Sunday. I drink plenty of water, so much that I could swallow a gold fish and I'm sure that it could live a long and healthy life in my stomach. I get 120+ ounces of water. I was just expecting more since I used to eat out daily and now that I don't I have cut out at least 1500 calories a day. The center says they won't worry about it until Monday but what does that mean?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Goose:

Asherdwn I am so sorry you are missing out on your husband's support. We all need all the help we can get. Remember, we are here for you. These ladies are the best. I also have tried every diet known to man (and woman) with varying results, but always temporary with a gain back plus. I noticed that my guy friend was acting difference towards me. He is not unsupportive but doesn't seem comfortable with the changes going on with me. Had made some comments like "it will never happen" when I mentioned I wanted to have a body like a woman we saw getting into a car. At first I was hurt but later I thought about it. I wonder if he is just as insecure as I am. They know and care about us the way we are, could be that they are not sure what to make of it if we change too much. Just speculating.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRChopeful View Post
I am doing the program through a center and will start the green menu on Sunday. I drink plenty of water, so much that I could swallow a gold fish and I'm sure that it could live a long and healthy life in my stomach. I get 120+ ounces of water. I was just expecting more since I used to eat out daily and now that I don't I have cut out at least 1500 calories a day. The center says they won't worry about it until Monday but what does that mean?
Sounds like you are doing everything right, I am not sure why you haven't lost. Have you been exercising too much? Was the diet a big change from what you ate before? Have you been eating the same things each day? Just trying to think of things that might help tweak you into losing.
We know this diet works, in time the weight will start dropping.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #118  

Ok. So I started the yellow menu on Tuesday. I weighed in at 171. Today (first day on blue menu) I weighed in at 165.3. That's 6.7 lbs in 4 days. More than I was hoping for!
And I got a Non sarcastic "Good Job!" from my hubby.
My goal for the blue menu: not to weigh until next Friday, and lose at least three lbs.
Hope all of yall have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Ok. So I started the yellow menu on Tuesday. I weighed in at 171. Today (first day on blue menu) I weighed in at 165.3. That's 6.7 lbs in 4 days. More than I was hoping for!
My goal for the blue menu: not to weigh until next Friday, and lose at least three lbs.

Congrats asherdwn! 6.7 pounds in 4 days...awesome!! I suspect your hubby will continue to come around as he sees the program working; he may eventually become one of your biggest cheerleaders. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #120  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congratulations! That's awesome!! I'm sure your hubby will come around, at least he better or he'll have to answer to us J/k
Closed Thread