Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 192.5/157/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone, I just got back from a weeks vacation last Wed. night. I was not as good as I should have beedn and on my scale I had gained 21/2 lbs. I got back o/p Thurs. and went in to weigh today. I lost 1 1/2 lbs. I am glad I lost, but it make me angry with myself that I could have been down more. We our leaving again and I am determined to stay O/P.
Best of Luck to all of you.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #32  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

My husband and I joined the center on March 20th 2009. I am down 47.5 and he is down 52. It really works. Although it is getting tight on the wallet...i would like to continue. Any advice??
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

vabus, 2 1/2 pounds isn't bad for a vacation. I try to think of these cheats as preparation for our lives beyond the diet. We're sort of learning how to reign ourselves in when we are on our own.

I do know what you mean though. I ate off plan on Saturday and I was only a half pound of signing the 30lb. board this morning.

Lessons learned, I guess.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Vacation

Well, I made it back from an 8 day trip. I lost 2 pounds, which isn't bad I guess, but I missed signing the 30 lb board by 1/2 pound! I was there according to my home scale, and usually it matches MRC. The MRC scale bounced back and forth, but alas it stayed at the 29.5 mark. I guess that will keep me focused for Thursday's WI!

I've enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts. Welcome to all the newbies and congratulations for all the losses, and hugs for those struggling.

For those planning to travel, I do recommend the Walden Farms individual packages of salad dressings. That really helped keeping restaurant salads OP.

Best wishes to everyone for a great week!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #35  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

We havent gone off plan yet. Scares me to, hahahahaha
Where are you guys at in plan?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedge View Post
My husband and I joined the center on March 20th 2009. I am down 47.5 and he is down 52. It really works. Although it is getting tight on the wallet...i would like to continue. Any advice??
Try dietdirect.com. Each week they have a sale and it is some cheaper.
Good Job so far. You and your hubby have done great.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
vabus, 2 1/2 pounds isn't bad for a vacation. I try to think of these cheats as preparation for our lives beyond the diet. We're sort of learning how to reign ourselves in when we are on our own.

I do know what you mean though. I ate off plan on Saturday and I was only a half pound of signing the 30lb. board this morning.

Lessons learned, I guess.
Thanks and you will get to sign that board.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #38  

Quote:
We havent gone off plan yet. Scares me to, hahahahaha
Where are you guys at in plan?
That is wonderful Keep up the good work. I joined the end of May and have lost 17 1/2 lbs. and have 17 1/2 to go.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabbus View Post
Good Morning Everyone, I just got back from a weeks vacation last Wed. night. I was not as good as I should have beedn and on my scale I had gained 21/2 lbs. I got back o/p Thurs. and went in to weigh today. I lost 1 1/2 lbs. I am glad I lost, but it make me angry with myself that I could have been down more. We our leaving again and I am determined to stay O/P.
Best of Luck to all of you.
vabbus-Congratulations on getting right back on program! I don't know about you, but it is hard to get out of my little routine! I was very glad to get back to work because all of my food here is 'safe' food.

Quote:
Dedge you and your husband are doing great! Does your center do 10 boxes for $90? If so that is a way to save a bit. Dietdirect.com is another place to get the HNS; I saw a recent posting someone got them down around $7.99 a box by buying in bulk.
Are you buying supplements at your center? I don't buy any from them at all, everything is much cheaper elsewhere. I do notice the savings in my groceries though. I tend to buy the same amount things each week and produce right now is very reasonable. Ground turkey breast is my highest ticket item, but 1 pound at $3.99 is 4 meals worth of protein and that is less than a fast food meal. I buy liquid egg whites and just use 3 ounces for my breakfast. My center's director said that was a no-no, as there is likely to be something added in. I have done it ever since I discovered them in the grocery store 3 1/2 months ago, so it isn't affecting my loss.

I used to eat out quite a bit and since I rarely do that anymore I able able to afford my HNS with what I spent eating out.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #40  

I am not sure how to get the ticker. I am trying but am not sure if this will work.

Last edited by vabbus; 07-06-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #41  

Height: 5'5"

I am on my first day of the yellow diet. I was in preconditioning for 9 days and lost 6 lbs. I am supper surprised! I had lost 30 lbs on my own but was in a plateau since October. I am finally in the 150's for the first time in 7 years. I have stayed op except for the mistakes of A1 and a couple other condiments before I knew they were not approved. This is my first day trying the HNS and so far so good. I haven't been hungry since I ate breakfast this morning.

My 10 year high school reunion is the end of the month so my goal is to be in the 140's by the 31st... and to stay op!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #42  

Height: 5'5"

Can someone tell me how to add the ticker? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
Well, I made it back from an 8 day trip. I lost 2 pounds, which isn't bad I guess, but I missed signing the 30 lb board by 1/2 pound! I was there according to my home scale, and usually it matches MRC. The MRC scale bounced back and forth, but alas it stayed at the 29.5 mark. I guess that will keep me focused for Thursday's WI!

I've enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts. Welcome to all the newbies and congratulations for all the losses, and hugs for those struggling.

For those planning to travel, I do recommend the Walden Farms individual packages of salad dressings. That really helped keeping restaurant salads OP.

Best wishes to everyone for a great week!
Wow, you lost on vacation? Fabulous job.
Think I hit my next plataue. After my great 4.5 pound loss, I have been losing and gaining the same 1.5 pound. Frustrating! Well, with all that is going on I guess I am glad not to be gaining it all back. Stress bites!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 223.5/215/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Wow, you lost on vacation? Fabulous job.
Think I hit my next plataue. After my great 4.5 pound loss, I have been losing and gaining the same 1.5 pound. Frustrating! Well, with all that is going on I guess I am glad not to be gaining it all back. Stress bites!
I know how you feel Lori! I am OBVIOUSLY stuck on a plateau too . I have been gaining and loosing the same stinking pound for over a week now! I went and had my one month measurements done and lost 13 inches in 2 wks (which made 25 inches for the month) and that helped but every morning I get up and get on the scales to see the same number and I want to SCREAM I hope this is over SOON before I loose my determination!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #45  

the concentrate HNS are on sale this week (Mon-Sun) on dietdirect dot com or bariatricchoice dot com (they're the same thing). They are 7.99 per box, cheaper if you buy in bulk. anything over 79 dollars is free shipping and if you purchase over 99 use the coupon code saveme10 and it automatically takes 10 percent off, and if you're buying a lot, there are higher coupon codes, such as saveme15, saveme20, etc. perhaps that can help some of you.
Closed Thread