Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
The brandI bought is Spring Valley and the B-12 says "High Potency" and it's 2500 mcg, sublingual, but it doesn't say anythign about sugar free. I wonder about this. The B-6 is 200mg and yes, very bitter tasting!Can you take too much of these was my only concern/thought? Does anyone else have any opinions? And do you take them with/before breakfast?
OK, here's the scoop. These are both water soluble vitamins, meaning that they dissolve in aqueaous solution and are not absorbed into fat, instead you will urinate out any excess. The ones you have to be concerned about are Vitamins A, D, E & K - these are the fat soluble vitamins and if taken in excess it can build up in the fat cells and become toxic but for this to happen would be difficult as well, you would have to take hundreds time the normal dose for it to be truly toxic. So, to answer the question, It really is not going to hurt you to take 1-2 of the B6 and 1-2 of the B12. I purposely sought out Sugar Free B12 b/c the last bottle I had tasted way to good and dissolved way to quickly so I knew it had sugar which can't be good on this plan!! I take them before breakfast on an empty stomach and then eat w/in 15-30 minutes. Hope this helps :0)
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #227  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
OK, here's the scoop. These are both water soluble vitamins, meaning that they dissolve in aqueaous solution and are not absorbed into fat, instead you will urinate out any excess. The ones you have to be concerned about are Vitamins A, D, E & K - these are the fat soluble vitamins and if taken in excess it can build up in the fat cells and become toxic but for this to happen would be difficult as well, you would have to take hundreds time the normal dose for it to be truly toxic. So, to answer the question, It really is not going to hurt you to take 1-2 of the B6 and 1-2 of the B12. I purposely sought out Sugar Free B12 b/c the last bottle I had tasted way to good and dissolved way to quickly so I knew it had sugar which can't be good on this plan!! I take them before breakfast on an empty stomach and then eat w/in 15-30 minutes. Hope this helps :0)
Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge and for sharing! I so appreciate it. I'm giving it a try and will see if it makes any difference. Something's gotta give I've been up/down the same .5 pound all weekend argh!

Oh one other misc. question for you expert you How long do you plan on taking the extra B-12/B-6? I've never really taken it before so I'm wondering if these supplements are something I should take long-term. Maybe that's a doctor question?! Thanks again

Last edited by noahsmama; 07-20-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunter View Post
Graham, just south of Wichita Falls. Being from Ranger, you probably would know where Graham is maybe.
Of course I do. Been to there and through there many a time.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I went into wi this morning and down 2.5 more. I'm so happy.

About the B vits I use this especially if I have gone off plan. It seems to flush the system. I don't use them all the time just until I jump start my plan or get back on track then I'm done.

I love the B12 drops best!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #230  

Question Where to buy drinks online

I see that a few people purchase drinks and supplements other than through the centers. Where online have you found protein drinks???

Thank you.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge and for sharing! I so appreciate it. I'm giving it a try and will see if it makes any difference. Something's gotta give I've been up/down the same .5 pound all weekend argh!

Oh one other misc. question for you expert you How long do you plan on taking the extra B-12/B-6? I've never really taken it before so I'm wondering if these supplements are something I should take long-term. Maybe that's a doctor question?! Thanks again
There is absolutely no harm in taking this long term so I plan to keep taking at least 1 day for as long as I please :0)
Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 192.5/157/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlassy View Post
I see that a few people purchase drinks and supplements other than through the centers. Where online have you found protein drinks???

Thank you.
Dietdirect.com
They have something different on sell each week and will be much cheaper than at the centers.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #233  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Ah, a new month. A new beginning.

On Monday I'll have been on the green menu 60 days.

Still feeling good about everything.

Since I won't be getting overtime for a while, I think I'll concentrate on exercising.

What are everyone's July goals?
Goals for July:

1. Weight goal is in my signature.
2. Exercise Goal: to run 18 miles before Aug 1
3. Food Goal: to make the same meal for me and the fam every night for the rest of the month. No more feeding me "special" food.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 201/178/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Does anyone know how often you can do "a round" of internal cleanser???
Old 07-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #235  

Height: 5'5

I am really having a hard time as of late...I keep doing these stupid little cheats. It started last Thursday when I was out for dinner with friends and went to a resturant that had nothing on plan...everything there was fried, I had the fried fish and just didn't eat the batter but ended up eating some fries (I don't even like fries). Then after being great all day on Friday ended up out with others at Taco Bell, I had a fresco burrito...since then I just don't seem to have any modivation. Part of my problem is I am around lots of people who are sweet, oh why are you trying to lose weight, etc. so they are not always supportive of the new choices I am trying to make. To top it off it seems so much harder this time than last summer when I initially lost the weight. I just keep thinking about all the other plans that are out there that aren't as restrictive...and I am so angry with myself for gaining the weight back...anyway any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforaloss View Post
Hi! Does anyone know how often you can do "a round" of internal cleanser???
I do know you can take it at least daily. Not sure beyond this.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Hi all! I've taken a break from MRC for the last few months. I think I'm about 10lbs. up so I'm ready to get back on and get it off and maybe a few more. When I hit maintenance, it was the weekend of my daughters graduation so we went straight into parties, then I went on vacation to California, then home to Nebraska and a week long family reunion, the 4th of July, and finished off my splurges yesterday with celebrating my MIL birthday. Whew....it was fun but I sure feel the weight coming back. Not weighing myself right now. I don't want to be shocked! My clothes are starting to get tight and I gave away all my bigger clothes so I would have to get back on if I gained. I think I will precondition today and tomorrow and get back on the green menu after that.

It's amazing how many new people I see. I hope to get to know you all!
Welcome back Keepinon, you've been missed!!
Sounds like you've been busy and having fun :0)
Old 07-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
I am really having a hard time as of late...I keep doing these stupid little cheats. It started last Thursday when I was out for dinner with friends and went to a resturant that had nothing on plan...everything there was fried, I had the fried fish and just didn't eat the batter but ended up eating some fries (I don't even like fries). Then after being great all day on Friday ended up out with others at Taco Bell, I had a fresco burrito...since then I just don't seem to have any modivation. Part of my problem is I am around lots of people who are sweet, oh why are you trying to lose weight, etc. so they are not always supportive of the new choices I am trying to make. To top it off it seems so much harder this time than last summer when I initially lost the weight. I just keep thinking about all the other plans that are out there that aren't as restrictive...and I am so angry with myself for gaining the weight back...anyway any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thelish,
You can do this lady... You know this plan works, you've done it before. The reason why you chose this plan is b/c the others failed you at some point for one reason or another. Think back and remember why you are doing this. Do you remember that list we all made a while ago about why we're doing this... find that thing and post it around your house in readily visible areas - put one in the kitchen, one at the bathroom sink, one in the car etc... I went through this myself a few weeks back and had really lost my motivation. I gained it back by getting my head straight and doing the following recommended by my counselor. Look at your goal/motivation list; you realize this is actually what you are deprived of by being overweight. Now I want you to think of and write down all the things you feel you are restricted from by being on this plan. Ultimately, what does this come down to?? Food, Food, Food... that's just about all I could put on my list. So, take a look at the two lists side by side and decide which is more important to you. Pleasing others by eating what they think you should eat, having that piece of cake or food item you want and crave or finally realizing your own dreams by losing this weight for good? This was the eye opener I needed, it was sobering to realize what a hold food had on me, how much power I've been giving it in my life, so much that I could almost give up all of my dreams for a piece of cake, some icecream. Unbelievable! Once I realized this I stopped worrying about what I couldn't have and refocused on what I really want ;0) Try this and see if it works for you. And remember, just b/c you've had a few bad days doesn't mean you can't get back on track today! Hang in there and x 2 to you!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy half pound

WI today as was down only a half pound again. I am getting sick and tired of only losing a half of pound. The counselor told me to start B6 to help me to release excess water and to flush toxic out that might be causing me have a slow weight lose. Well I start the tomorrow so I will let you all know if it works when I WI in on Friday or Saturday.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #240  

Last night was so hard. I ate....and ate. I had 3 graham crackers and chips with my chicken and veggies. I think it is because I waited too long between meals, but....today is a new day.

I started selling AVON. Not sure if I'm allowed to say that but I had been thinking about it for a while and think that the discount on my purchases is worth it but if I make a little extra for the household that would take a lot of stress off of me!

Football camp also started yesterday and my son is in heaven. He LOVES football and is just happy playing it all day with his friends. That was even the theme of his birthday party last weekend. Flag football and cupcakes. LOL

Here is wishing everyone luck for today and great losses!
Closed Thread