Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle86 View Post
Well the only reason why I was doing one egg was because on the beige menu it said medium egg and all my grocery store had at the time were large and extra large eggs... so I was trying to compensate for having a medium egg...
Hey Michelle,
I only by Lrg eggs and have been using 2 lrg eggs on beige menu and still losing so hopefully that may help you... That other egg may help you :0)
Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #347  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1determinedchick View Post
I am SO GLAD that I found this thread. My sister and I both started on MRC. My "official" start date was last Monday July 27th. We were on the pre-conditioning for a little over a week. I lost 10 pounds on that. This was on a Friday. Then that Saturday was my daughters birthday party. I had just done the preconditioning, the lady at MRC said we were going to start with "the real thing" on Monday. I thought woo hoo! I can eat a little at the party. That ended up being a hamburger, potato salad, beans. I then threw about 5or 6 potato chips on top of everything. OH, and then I had to have several glasses of that yummy punch, because it was so. hot! The punch was a mixture of 7-up and Hawaiian punch. Then I allowed myself about 2 two square inches of the cake. When I weighed the Monday after that....I had gained a pound! OH I was mad at myself. Was it worth a pound? NO WAY! I will not do that again. I then weighed the following Thursday, and I had lost 3 more pounds...YEA!! I am on level three. I am so excited and ready to lose this dang weight. Im too young to feel this old. I plan to enjoy every step on the journey. Im sure we will all be continually seeing less of each other as the months go by. Love and luck to all my fellow "losers".
Welcome 1determinedchick! Sounds like you're back on the plan and more determined than ever... can't wait to see your successes over the next few mo ;0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
I love buffalo!!! Its what got me through to my goal! I got so tired of chicken and I don't like fish so I ended up eating bison just about every day. It's awesome!
Hey Keepinon,
How are you? I have a q about the buffalo, my market only sells the pre-packaged buffalo burger that is 93/7... do you know if this is considered acceptable? Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
So I went to my class on Friday, having only lost 1/2 lb on preconditioning. There was sooo much information it was a tad owerwhelming. Today is the end of day day 2 and I have followed the menu exactly and drank all of my water (plus some). Last night I went to a huge party where there was TONS of food and the drinks were flowing. I opted to just sit and chat with some friends on the deck, far from the food, and drank my water all night; I actually drank an extra 64 ounces because of it. Which means I was hitting the restroom every 10 minutes! I am curious to see what the scale says on Tuesday when I go back and pick up my next menu.
Welcome E4FE... way to go at your first trial, there will be many more but it sounds like you've got your head in the right place... good luck!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1determinedchick View Post
I am SO GLAD that I found this thread. My sister and I both started on MRC. My "official" start date was last Monday July 27th. We were on the pre-conditioning for a little over a week. I lost 10 pounds on that. This was on a Friday. Then that Saturday was my daughters birthday party. I had just done the preconditioning, the lady at MRC said we were going to start with "the real thing" on Monday. I thought woo hoo! I can eat a little at the party. That ended up being a hamburger, potato salad, beans. I then threw about 5or 6 potato chips on top of everything. OH, and then I had to have several glasses of that yummy punch, because it was so. hot! The punch was a mixture of 7-up and Hawaiian punch. Then I allowed myself about 2 two square inches of the cake. When I weighed the Monday after that....I had gained a pound! OH I was mad at myself. Was it worth a pound? NO WAY! I will not do that again. I then weighed the following Thursday, and I had lost 3 more pounds...YEA!! I am on level three. I am so excited and ready to lose this dang weight. Im too young to feel this old. I plan to enjoy every step on the journey. Im sure we will all be continually seeing less of each other as the months go by. Love and luck to all my fellow "losers".
Welcome 1determinedchick! Sounds like you're back on the plan and more determined than ever... can't wait to see your successes over the next few mo ;0)

Quote:
I love buffalo!!! Its what got me through to my goal! I got so tired of chicken and I don't like fish so I ended up eating bison just about every day. It's awesome!
Hey Keepinon,
How are you? I have a q about the buffalo, my market only sells the pre-packaged buffalo burger that is 93/7... do you know if this is considered acceptable? Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
So I went to my class on Friday, having only lost 1/2 lb on preconditioning. There was sooo much information it was a tad owerwhelming. Today is the end of day day 2 and I have followed the menu exactly and drank all of my water (plus some). Last night I went to a huge party where there was TONS of food and the drinks were flowing. I opted to just sit and chat with some friends on the deck, far from the food, and drank my water all night; I actually drank an extra 64 ounces because of it. Which means I was hitting the restroom every 10 minutes! I am curious to see what the scale says on Tuesday when I go back and pick up my next menu.
Welcome E4FE... way to go at your first trial, there will be many more but it sounds like you've got your head in the right place... good luck!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Hey Keepinon,
I've never bought the pre-packaged burgers before. They sell the ground bison in 1 lb. packages here. I'm not sure what the numbers are for it. I'll have to look next time I go to the store. I would think 93/7 would be ok since that is acceptable for ground beef. You're doing awesome btw!!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #350  
Love is like a butterfly

S/C/G: 162/131/120

Height: 4'11"

Hi All,
I went grocery shopping and bought loads of veggies this past weekend. Now I'm over loaded with vegs' and I'll have to do something creative wth them. Probably freeze some as I have more than enough for 2 wks and I've already peeled, chopped, weighted & packaged everything. I'll do almost anything to stay with it. Have a great day ya'll.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Good Job ButterFly....try freezing some. It will do you good.

As for me.....down again 2#s since Friday. I'm really happy with it!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #352  

Quote:
I've never bought the pre-packaged burgers before. They sell the ground bison in 1 lb. packages here. I'm not sure what the numbers are for it. I'll have to look next time I go to the store. I would think 93/7 would be ok since that is acceptable for ground beef. You're doing awesome btw!!
Hey Keepinon,
That's what I meant, 1 lb packages of ground bison... seemed almost too good to be true that I can have bison daily w/same fat content as hamburger 93% beef /7 % fat .... I've avoided buying the bison b/c of this but I will have to try it... so exciting, a new food to try!! Thanks :0)
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
Hey Keepinon,
That's what I meant, 1 lb packages of ground bison... seemed almost too good to be true that I can have bison daily w/same fat content as hamburger 93% beef /7 % fat .... I've avoided buying the bison b/c of this but I will have to try it... so exciting, a new food to try!! Thanks :0)
I know, it does make you feel like you're cheating I lost fine with it though and by the time I reached my goal I was probably eating it twice a day. I got so sick of chicken I could hardly swallow it! Bison really got me through to the end!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #354  

plateaus suck! But I know they will pass, it's just hard to be patient -- but I will be.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
plateaus suck! But I know they will pass, it's just hard to be patient -- but I will be.
You'll make it
Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #356  

OK so this is very much out of no where but I have got to know...
have any of you ever mentioned your "MRC friends from the support forum" to your MRC counselor? I have a few times and they always seem very skeptical and are not very receptive of this. I'm usually met with a blank stare followed by a long "hmmm" if I even mention it. Makes me feel like I'm back in Elementary school and have said something displeasing to the teacher... I usually move the conversation on quickly after this to avoid more inquiry. Anyways, I think all of you are the greatest and can't help but share some of the great ideas and cute terms I've seen here like "onderland" and "NSV". I've learned more about MRC from all of you than I ever have from my counselors, unfortunately. Don't misunderstand, they are very pleasant but it's just not the same. Anyways, just curious.

One more thought, Ford4life, where are you? Haven't heard from you in forever either. Check in with us if you're out there :0)

Last edited by Karen1234; 08-07-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #357  

Karen,
I did a couple times and was told to be careful about groups like this because it is easy to get the wrong advice. I know what you mean....they don't think this could be helpful at times, but I like knowing there are friends going thru the same things I am and we can support each other.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Karen,
They don't ask, and I don't tell and I am just fine with that.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #359  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Quote:
OK so this is very much out of no where but I have got to know...
have any of you ever mentioned your "MRC friends from the support forum" to your MRC counselor? I have a few times and they always seem very skeptical and are not very receptive of this. I'm usually met with a blank stare followed by a long "hmmm" if I even mention it. Makes me feel like I'm back in Elementary school and have said something displeasing to the teacher... I usually move the conversation on quickly after this to avoid more inquiry. Anyways, I think all of you are the greatest and can't help but share some of the great ideas and cute terms I've seen here like "onderland" and "NSV". I've learned more about MRC from all of you than I ever have from my counselors, unfortunately. Don't misunderstand, they are very pleasant but it's just not the same. Anyways, just curious.

One more thought, Ford4life, where are you? Haven't heard from you in forever either. Check in with us if you're out there :0)
I've also mentioned it before and got hte same reaction. So therefore I just don't mention 3FC any more, but I also feel the exact same way as you. I don't believe I could do this program without the support/knowledge/sharing that I have gained from this site and all the wonderful friends that I have made on here. So thank you to all who have shared their opinions with me and support/encouragement.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Karen...great question. I didn't mention it, and I didn't think I would after I joined. You know this is so very funny, but when I first started to read this site to find out about MRC, because very little was said on their own website for information, anyway, after reading for several days, I was thinking many of you worked for MRC and it was a way to get people to join, because I wasn't reading anything negative about it....now I have to laugh at myself for those thoughts. Please don't think I am nuts!!! Oh...mentioning nuts, are they ever allowed on any of the menus? I will miss my handful of raw almonds each day at work. Oh, something else I found myself laughing at me was when I was going through the my menu, I could not find tomatoes....and dang, I have a garden full of them and what am I goind to do now???? Duh silly me, they were listed under "Raw Tomatoes" so it wasn't under the "t's"!!! What a sigh of relief!!! I have eaten so many tomatoes these last two weeks, that my husband could turn me upside down and call me "Topsy Turvy", because I swear there are enough seeds in me to start producing on my own!!! I know, it's late and I'm being silly....I had better say goodnight.....GOODNIGHT!!!
Closed Thread