Old 09-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

This is my reason, I lost 30 pounds almost 3 years ago and surprise, i put it all back on and then some. I have a picture of me and my daughter when we went to Disney 30 some odd pounds ago. Back then I was feeling pretty good and didn't look that bad overall. Everyday I look at that picture wondering why I do this to myself (loose the weight and put it back on.) Well I finally decided that I need to do this for me and no one else. My mom's family has heart disease and high blood pressure. I have watched many of my family members slowly die due heart disease and I don't want to end up like them. I want to be there for my daughter and my husband for a long time. They don't care how heavy I am but I know that it bothers them knowing our family history. So hopefully this will be my last diet FOREVER! 150 pounds here I come!
kimtpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Unfortunately I also have some shallow reasons, but hey, if they motivate me who cares, right?

1. I want my self esteem back, dadgummit!
2. I want to be able to look in a mirror anytime and feel good, not just feeling ok after sleeping all night so the pants lines aren't visible and my fat seems to be in the appropriate places.
3. This one is a bit competitive and completely selfish but here goes. My brother-in-law is about to get married to this skinny minny never been fat in her life woman. Once when a lot of people were piling in the car there almost weren't enough seats and she said "Mason and I can sit together, we only take up room for one person anyways." It was true, they're both rediculously skinny. So I'm a bit jealous, I know I'll never be that skinny but I don't want to be the "fat" daughter-in-law.
4. To have more variety of clothing instead of the one-style with many patterns kind.
5. I want to stop being temporarily entertained by shaking my legs and watching/feeling the fat jiggle, lol! Sad to say, I have done that once or twice.
6. I want to be able to get on a doctor's scale and not worry that I'm going to weigh a couple pounds more because I have clothes on.
7. I want to sit in theater seats with extra room, I want to sit on chairs in a restaurant without wondering how much my butt is hanging over, I want to squeeze into the little toilet stalls without my thighs touching the walls when sitting.

Now for the happy motivators!

8. There is also a skinny girl inside of me that can't wait to buy stylish clothes and accessories and lingerie.
9. I can't wait until I get to ride down Dickson Street at Bikes, Blues, and BBQ on my husband's Harley and feel sexy and know that I look good!
10. My husband and I are going to take one of those Christmas picture cards to send to everyone when I get to my goal. (Although it might be sent after Christmas since my goal date is January 4th, lol!)

And the number one motivator for me right now is:

A particular Harley Davidson leather riding jacket. I need one so the wind doesn't constantly blow up my sleeves, but I've been refusing to buy one until I lose the weight.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
Unfortunately I also have some shallow reasons, but hey, if they motivate me who cares, right?

1. I want my self esteem back, dadgummit!
2. I want to be able to look in a mirror anytime and feel good, not just feeling ok after sleeping all night so the pants lines aren't visible and my fat seems to be in the appropriate places.
3. This one is a bit competitive and completely selfish but here goes. My brother-in-law is about to get married to this skinny minny never been fat in her life woman. Once when a lot of people were piling in the car there almost weren't enough seats and she said "Mason and I can sit together, we only take up room for one person anyways." It was true, they're both rediculously skinny. So I'm a bit jealous, I know I'll never be that skinny but I don't want to be the "fat" daughter-in-law.
4. To have more variety of clothing instead of the one-style with many patterns kind.
5. I want to stop being temporarily entertained by shaking my legs and watching/feeling the fat jiggle, lol! Sad to say, I have done that once or twice.
6. I want to be able to get on a doctor's scale and not worry that I'm going to weigh a couple pounds more because I have clothes on.
7. I want to sit in theater seats with extra room, I want to sit on chairs in a restaurant without wondering how much my butt is hanging over, I want to squeeze into the little toilet stalls without my thighs touching the walls when sitting.

Now for the happy motivators!

8. There is also a skinny girl inside of me that can't wait to buy stylish clothes and accessories and lingerie.
9. I can't wait until I get to ride down Dickson Street at Bikes, Blues, and BBQ on my husband's Harley and feel sexy and know that I look good!
10. My husband and I are going to take one of those Christmas picture cards to send to everyone when I get to my goal. (Although it might be sent after Christmas since my goal date is January 4th, lol!)

And the number one motivator for me right now is:

A particular Harley Davidson leather riding jacket. I need one so the wind doesn't constantly blow up my sleeves, but I've been refusing to buy one until I lose the weight.

We will all want to see a picture of you in that fine looking Harley D leather riding jacket....it will happen!!!! Thanks for sharing all your reasons with us...I enjoyed them so much.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #34  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

::sigh::

I want to feel like me again. It used to be "you have such a nice body...anything looks nice on you" blablabla, now it's a WHOOOOLE different story.

I want to feel/look sexy.

I need to boost my self esteem. I've never felt soooo ugly in my life, and not only do I look ugly, but I've completely let myself go and don't even fix up or anything. (I'm trying to now, but wasn't for a good 2yrs)

My man used to tell me that I looked good in certain outfits and doesn't anymore...I don't think he's realized that he doesn't tell me anymore but I sure do realize LMAO!!

I want to have another baby, but not until I loose all this weight...I don't want to gain more weight on top of this. I want to be fit during my next pregnancy.

I don't want to have to tuck my stomach inside my pants. Ugh...

I want to wear tight clothing without seeing rolls where my bra ends and another roll where my pants begin.

I want to prevent health issues.

I want ppl to say "WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT!!" It seems that once ppl see you big, they think you will never again be thin. I really need to do this guys, and even though I'm motivated I need like a push...it's very hard to explain.

Last edited by LiL PiXiE; 09-09-2009 at 10:29 PM.
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

My reasons are: My health, I work for a health care org and would like to he a picture of health. Not a good advertisement if you are overweight. I want to be able to tie my shoes without having to gasp for air when I bend down. I want to wear clothing that is flattering and that fits well instead of large size jeans and shirts. Had a problem with my knee that could be weight related. I am just tired of looking at all the excess on me and knowing it shouldn't be there.

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'4

Mine is simple.....
I KNOW i shouldnt look this way. I HATE my reflection when I walk past a shop window...that fat woman CANT be me???
I refuse to look old. I want to be a HOT MILF!!
my bf loves me, but I can tell he doesnt have that insatiable sexual desire for me anymore...
I want to wear sexy undies again for him!
I want to put my belly button ring back in!!
I want to wear my size 8 jeans again!!
I should look hot onstage! Chick lead singers arent supposed to be fat!!
I dont want to wear a plus size wedding dress when the bf and I get married!!
I want my body to match my attitude!!!
thistime140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #37  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

This is a great encouraging idea...As for me

1- For me, myself and I.

2- My husband. I think he deserves his skinny wife back.

3- To finally visit ones I know w/o being ashamed of what I have done 2 myself. I hide from people I know b/c I'm completely embarrassed that I
have let myself go.

Wonderful thread
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:32 AM   #38  
Everyday is a New Day

S/C/G: 327/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I want to lose weight so that I can live like a normal teenager. I've missed out on major things that I can never get back. I'm sort of tearing up because I'm feeling so down today. I want to lose weight so that I can finally be happy. And accepted for who I am.
BelieveInChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInChange View Post
I want to lose weight so that I can live like a normal teenager. I've missed out on major things that I can never get back. I'm sort of tearing up because I'm feeling so down today. I want to lose weight so that I can finally be happy. And accepted for who I am.
I am so proud of you. You are taking a huge step in becoming a healthy person and so young! You will be setting the tone for future. You are going to become the dynamic, beautiful and successful woman that you are destined to be. Your weight that has come between you and all the fun things a "normal" teenager does will NOT come between you and all the fun things that a woman has to look forward to. Congradulations!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Everyone's reasons are so beautifully spoken. We all are after that same goal...to look beautiful, feel healthy and to enjoy life once again.

But looking back, I am also disappointed in myself for not accepting my weight, no matter what it was at the time (and it has been up and down throughout the years) and not let it rule my life. I bowed out of many pictures and videos being taken just because I didn't want to be in them...and now, when I look back at photo albums or home movies, I'm not there very much...that is sad. I kept myself from going out or doing things because of my weight, not feeling comfortable being around other women who were so much slimmer. And one of my biggest disappointments, is two months ago, was my 40th High School reunion.....and the only reason I didn't go was because of my weight!!! I seen the picture of my classmates in the local paper, and many of them were not all the same as I remember them...even the cheerleaders had put on a few pounds.

I guess what I am saying is, don't let our weight control our life to where it limits us from enjoying our families or our interests. Life is too short to do that. Yes, we will all lose weight and be healthy and happy with the results, but let's not tear ourselves down as we are moving the scales in the right direction. Just be happy with who you are now and know that whatever our results end up being, we are worth it and we are loved.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #41  

#1 health
#2 feel better look better
#3 to look sexy for hubby
#4 to show off to a MEAN "friend" lol
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #42  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i have myriad reasons for wanting to lose this weight, but the biggest one is the way it has been affecting my self-esteem, which in turn has been affecting my relationships, both with my boyfriend and with my friends and family. i miss the confidence i had when i first slimmed down! oh man, i was a force to be reckoned with when i was 22, hehe but then, with the stable relationship and the desk job and all the rest, the weight just creeped up and i gained back almost 50 of the 95 pounds i had lost in college! i no longer felt healthy and more importantly i felt ashamed of myself, and embarrassed to be around people who would surely notice that i was nowhere near as skinny as i was at the end of college. it felt like the elephant in the room whenever i met up with friends i hadn't seen in a while. and i know so much of that was (and is) in my head, but it's hard to get over the shame of "letting myself go." i already feel so much better to at least be working toward a solution! even if it doesn't seem to be moving as fast as i want it to, i'm at least pointed in the right direction, and that's really more than a lot of people can say, isn't it?

anyway:
#1 is certainly my self-esteem. i want to feel good about myself! and while i know weight/appearance is only a piece of the self-esteem pie, it's definitely a big piece. weight loss will make me feel more empowered and more like myself finally.
#2 is kind of silly... josh and i have been together for four years now, and i can only assume that a proposal will happen soon, so i want to be in wedding-dress shape i want to walk into any bridal boutique and try on whatever grabs my fancy.
#3 is definitely to be able to wear all kinds of cute things, especially now that i'm in a salaried position in which i can afford to splurge on clothes (which was definitely NOT the case in college, ha).
#4 is a very strong desire to be as physically fit as i can possibly be. after a scare with high cholesterol this year, i'm happy that my eating is now finally in a healthy place, so next on my list is to get FIT! i work out a lot at my gym and have come to love the girls who teach classes, and they recognize my fighter spirit and challenge me to push myself more and more each week. (lincolnites: i can't recommend five willows enough if you're looking for a gym!)
#5 is to finally have control over food, not the other way around. to know that i CAN in fact say no to brownies or cake or whatever we're having for an office bday, or that i don't have to have seconds! or even that i can indulge cravings with a small bite of something without going overboard.
#6 is to break up the close, intimate relationship my thighs have developed with each other, lol. NO MORE RUBBING TOGETHER, and i mean it.
#7 is to go on an all-day excursion--shopping, a walking tour of a city, etc--and not have my feet kill me from being on them all day.
#8 is to climb more mountains!
#9 is to not feel like my legs and gut are being strangled to death by the pantyhose i'm required to wear at work.
#10 is to be able to fit in tight spaces--sharing a backseat, a carnival ride, and airplane, etc--without having to squish or make others uncomfortable.
#11 is to TURN HEADS! like i said, i used to be quite the spitfire in college, and i know that i have a boyfriend so i'm definitely not on the market, but it's nice to be admired.
#12 is along the same lines as #11, and it is to not be a shrinking violet in social situations. when you're uncomfortable with yourself, you hide in the background and don't jump into conversations or get to know people you're meeting for the first time.
#13 is to SWIM WITHOUT SHAME i haven't been swimming in years...
#14 is to get back into the picture, literally. i'm with a lot of the rest of you in that there has been a real dearth of pictures of myself since i put on weight. i'd like to change that!
#15 is to put the va-va-voom back into my wonderful relationship with this wonderful man who i love.

phew, i should probably stop. there are just SO MANY REASONS, though! and i'm really excited that i started MRC when i did, because i will (hopefully) be at goal before my 26th birthday.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #43  

Height: 5'5"

*For my life... I imagine myslef getting married, having kids, being a mom, being a success and its all while I am healthy and in shape. I want the outside to match the inside.
*My health, heart disease is on my father's side, my cholesterol was higher than it should be at 28 and watching my grandma go through cancer has made me want to be healthy all my life.
*My relationship-I met my bf at 185 lbs and lost 20 on my own before joining MRC. He hasen't had a 'hot girlfriend' and thats not fair to me or him. I want him to want me 100% all the time.
*I saved all my 'skinny' clothes and I want the option to wear all of it again, even if its out of style.
*I don't want to look at a catalog or go shopping and say 'I could wear that if only...' EVER again.
*I want to show those I love that its possible. So many of my family members and friends are unhealthy and if I can do it, so can they!!!

Last edited by daizy hotrocks; 09-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #44  
Jaime in E. TX

S/C/G: 292.5/277.5/size 10

Height: 5'4"

There are a few reasons that I want to lose...

1. For my son...
2. I just got put on Hi-BP meds. I want to get off of them!!
3. My grandmother was diabetic. I don't want to be!
4. I'm single. I want to lose some so that I'll be more attractive!
5. My feet and knees have been hurting a bit lately and I'd really rather they not do that!!

Jaime
Jaimesgettinskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #45  

Talking My 5 Reasons

1. I want to feel good about myself again.
2. I want my husband to give me that special look again.
3. Health reasons(lots of health problems in the family tree)
4. To be able to wear a swim suit
5. To be able to buys clothes on normal racks and not big womens racks!!!!
Smileydd is offline   Reply With Quote