Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #16  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

1. For health reasons
2. To feel better about myself by having one less thing to be unhappy about. At least this one I can fix.
3. Because I am tired of being fat
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: Starting again 250/235/170

Height: 5'7"

These are my reasons:
1. To look and feel like a 22 year old! (and a hot one at that!)
2. To run a 5K, then a 10k, then a half marathon then a marathon!
3. To know that I can do anything that I set my mind to, and to be proud!
4. To feel great about myself, inside and out.

Great idea Jace!
rena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Everyone had such great ideas....and I can relate to so many of them. Thank you Jace for starting this topic.

Health has to be the top reason for me....I want to throw away my BP pills. There are so many health issues if you are obese...cancer risk is higher, heart problems, knee problems, sugar diabetes...on and on.....we can all do this to make our life healthier.

I for once would like my weight to be less than what my driver's license says...I have lied so many times...lol.

Someone to finally say..."you should put on some weight....you are way too thin"!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Great idea to get this one started... now I can just go to this part of the forum whenever I need a reminder of why I am doing this.

My Reasons for Losing this weight:

1. So I can feel comfortable in a bathing suit w/o hiding behind clothing or objects. I want to go on all the water rides/slides (b/c I love them!) w/o feeling like everyone is staring at the 250 lb lady!
2. I want to climb a flight of stairs w/o being OOB (already accomplished!)
3. I want to run a 5k and look good doing it
4. I want to knock my husband's socks off every time I walk in the room like
I did when we were first married
5. I want to turn a head or two again just for the fun of it
6. I want to feel strong and healthy
7. I want to be active with my family instead of cheering from the sideline
8. I want to feel liberated from the emotional pain carrying this weight brings
9. So I can prove to everyone that I could do it and that the fat lady really wasn't me.
10. I want to be able to shop in any dept store of choice that I love and miss greatly (Lane Bryant has taken enough of my $$ and limits my choices)
11. I want to set an example for my daughter, helping her realize weight is a choice and can be controlled and that healthy living is a priority in our lives.
12. I want my daughter to realize I respect myself enough to do this and I will make it to my goal, that we can do anything we put our minds to!!
13. I want to finally go to the MD w/o dreading the "your overweight" discussion
14. I want to get a bikini wax & spray tan before vacation w/o fear of what they'll think
15. I want to be able to share my success w/others and encourage them to do the same
16. I want to go shopping w/friends and be able to look and buy w/them, not wander over to the woman's dept to find something in my size...
17. I want to feel as though I have control of my weight and body
18. I want my thighs to no longer touch each other when walking etc
19. I want to be able to cross my legs w/o difficulty in any setting
20. I want to get a massage w/o feeling body conscious - I've never had a massage for this very reason
21. I want to be thin and fit before my next pregnancy so I will have more control of my weight and be able to get it off easily after the birth
22. I want to be healthy so that I have a healthy pregnancy in the future
23. I want to look in the mirror and feel proud of what I've accomplished
24. I want to be able to take a flight or go to an amusement park and know that the seatbelts/harnesses will fit me w/o a second thought.
25. I want to be able to walk into my child's school and be known as her mommy, not as the really fat mommy that she always feels the need to defend. It's hard enough to be a kid these days let alone to be teased b/c your mom is fat. It hurts to hear this and I never let her see it bother me but it does. I'm tired of that and ready to get rid of that weight on my shoulders.
26. I never want my weight to hold me back from doing anything I desire doing again.
27. I want to feel as sexy on the outside as a I do on the inside
28. I want to quit hiding from the camera as well! My family deserves memories of me as well as them :0)

I know it's long but each one really matters to me. I loved reading all of yours, it is nice to know I'm not alone. Keep up the great work everyone and remember, it really is worth it :0)
Karen, I quoted you because reading your goals seriously brought tears to my eyes. I related to each one of your goals... thank you for sharing!

My top three:
1- Feel good in my body
2- Be the active mom and wife I want to be
3- Be able to have a healthy pregnancy next time I have a baby (had major complications with DD)
alexasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexasmama View Post
Karen, I quoted you because reading your goals seriously brought tears to my eyes. I related to each one of your goals... thank you for sharing!

My top three:
1- Feel good in my body
2- Be the active mom and wife I want to be
3- Be able to have a healthy pregnancy next time I have a baby (had major complications with DD)

Thanks Kara,
It seems like we have alot in common, being able to conceive and having a healthy pregancy was a huge motivator for me as well as all the others so I can seriously relate :0) We'll get there, we've just gotta stick to it.
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 169.5/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace1234 View Post
Hi everyone, I thought of a new thread idea. My hope is that these ideas will personally motivate us. I also thought that we may be inspired by the motivations of others! I will start... these are the top 3 reasons (in order) that I want to lose this weight FOR GOOD!

1.for my health
2.to be a better and much more active mom
3.NOT to hide when I see a camera (also to have a family picture that includes me, not just the kids for the first time in a looooong time)

Can't wait to read the motivations of all of you lovely people!
jace, that sounds exactly like me. I have not had a family picture since my youngest was 2 (he is seven now...ugh) that is too long and very selfish of me. I have had pictures of my kids, but not family pictures done. I needed to lose weight when those first pictures were done and the thought of spending all that money to look at myself fat and hanging on the wall for another five years just makes me sick. I am determined to have these pictures made in the fall...no execuses!
khunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunter View Post
jace, that sounds exactly like me. I have not had a family picture since my youngest was 2 (he is seven now...ugh) that is too long and very selfish of me. I have had pictures of my kids, but not family pictures done. I needed to lose weight when those first pictures were done and the thought of spending all that money to look at myself fat and hanging on the wall for another five years just makes me sick. I am determined to have these pictures made in the fall...no execuses!
I'm with you both!! Family pics by the end of summer/fall no excuses :0)
Old 09-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #23  

Default Bump...

I'm bumping this thread up so others can post what their goals are and why they want to lose this weight. We are all inspired by eachother so post away and come back to this thread whenever you need a reminder of why you are on this plan :0)

Karen
Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

what a great idea for a thread!!!
here are my reasons i want to lose weight

1. for my health
2. to feel more confident in my self and not feel like everyone is staring at me with a nasty look on there face i want them to turn there heads and be like wow she looks good!
3. i want to look like i did when my husband first met me and feel the way i did in that time
4. to get my pcos under control
5. to be able to conceive with out fertility drugs ( not trying right now but was told that if i didnt lose weight i may have to consider fertility drugs )
6. to motivate my little sister to lose weight and show her it is possible!

i cant wait to see what everyone else's reasons and goals are.....
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

My wish is very simple... I want to swim with my kids. I've become one of "those moms" that are too embarassed to get into a swimsuit. I have 3 young girls that love to swim. I'm tired of dissapointing them. I had one of those moms and swore I'd never become one.
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

1. Not only do I want to look FINE, I want to feel fine.
2. I want to feel young and be able to act that way without a weight restriciton.
3. I want to be able to turn heads.
4. I want my kids to remember me being active with them and not just sitting there watching them.
5. I want to continue to improve my time on a 5k!
6. I would like to have all of my female issues under control. Maybe I will be blessed with another child.
7. I want to live the life I imagined I would as a child. In all of my dreams, I'm thin.
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

1. To feel better about myself, and stop beating myself up over how I have "let things go"
2. To feel healthier and be able to run and play with my kids
3. To get within military standards before I get kicked out of the Navy. I don't want to be forced to retire before I'm ready to because I'm out of standards. Kick me out because I've done something wrong, but not for this....
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #28  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile With a little "twist"...

Okay, this is an amazing thread:
TOP 3 REASONS:
1) I want to be healthy and get off all the meds I'm on.
2) I would like to have another baby and my biological clock is ticking and I will have to have invitro, and don't want my weight to be an issue for me or the baby.
3)My husband is 18 years younger than me, and I really want him only looking at me...shallow maybe, but who cares...I want to look HOT!

TOP 3 THOUGHTS THAT TRY TO HINDER ME:
1)I don't want to have saggy loose skin and look old or have wrinkles.
2)What if I lose all this weight and still am not able to get off the meds to have a baby...is my hard work going to be for nothing???? I need to be okay with that one and find other goals than just that.
3)What if I don't lose all the weight I would like to, ie: reach goal?

I have some reasons to stay this way, but am choosing to still continue on my journey. Do any of you have thoughts that scare you about losing the weight or not losing it?
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Love everyone's posts! So motivating

1. To feel comfortable, rather than uncomfortable.
2. To be able to hang with my active family.
3. To be able to wear shorts in the summer and not feel self-conscience.

Gosh, there are so many more I can think of!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanne View Post
Okay, this is an amazing thread:
TOP 3 REASONS:
1) I want to be healthy and get off all the meds I'm on.
2) I would like to have another baby and my biological clock is ticking and I will have to have invitro, and don't want my weight to be an issue for me or the baby.
3)My husband is 18 years younger than me, and I really want him only looking at me...shallow maybe, but who cares...I want to look HOT!

TOP 3 THOUGHTS THAT TRY TO HINDER ME:
1)I don't want to have saggy loose skin and look old or have wrinkles.
2)What if I lose all this weight and still am not able to get off the meds to have a baby...is my hard work going to be for nothing???? I need to be okay with that one and find other goals than just that.
3)What if I don't lose all the weight I would like to, ie: reach goal?

I have some reasons to stay this way, but am choosing to still continue on my journey. Do any of you have thoughts that scare you about losing the weight or not losing it?
I think the sagging skin is what worries me....and I already have seen it in my arms and neck. I'm older, so my skin doesn't have that elasticity that it did years ago. But I'd still rather be slimmer and healthier, that sticks out to be more important than the skin. I can always hide the skin, except in my thong bikini!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote