Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #106  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by South GA Girl View Post
Hello y'all. I see everyone loosing 40, 50, 100 pounds and I'm struggling to lose 5! I think it is just wonderful that you all have stayed o/p to lose all those pounds. Only lost 3 pounds week 1. go to w/i tomorrow. Did very well Thanksgiving, only turkey, steamed veggies and one bit of cranberry relish. But, I'm built low to the ground, and pounds just don't seem to come off quick. I am getting very anxious!
Hey - 3 lbs in a week is nothing to sneeze at - we all lose at our own pace - don't make the mistake of comparing your loss to anyone else's. People with those big early losses were retaining a lot of water, you probably weren't.

Just keep at it and the weight will come off. And good job on doing so well at Thanksgiving! Glad to have another Georgia girl here!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

I need some help getting refocused so I can speed up my weight loss...I've only lost 6 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I can identify some things that may be slowing me down: lots of travel w/ minor cheats; too many meal bars and still having a creamy in that day; cooking in too much oil; the occasional coffee w/ half & half or cream; cottage cheese too often at lunch. Is there anything less obvious that I might be overlooking? I do pretty well on water but can always drink more...sometimes I skip the starch at dinner--could that actually slow me down? I realize it's a tough time of year to maximize loss but I would like to get down to 150 by Christmas. This board is such a lifeline for me--I cheer for all of your successes and comiserate on your setbacks.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #108  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

i'm so excited...i lost 2.6 today!! i feel like i am finally on a roll. i am so hoping to be in that ONEDERLAND on friday!!! NAMASTE, i made that casserole...chili rellento (didn't spell it right)....the one with the 8 egg whites, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, green chili, green onions....it is sooooo good. i divided it into 4 portions...i had it for supper last night.....should i be having this for lunch..since it has eggs and cottage cheese? i still lost weight today.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekotilab View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new to 3FC, but I am familiar with MRC. Two years ago I went to my center and lost 20lbs in about 2 months (I needed to lose about 40lbs total). Some really stupid circumstances occurred at home and I quit going. I gained all my weight back, plus ten pounds! It wasn't MRC's fault, it was totally me.

I "re-started" the plan on Nov. 28th. I know this worked for me then and I know that it will work now. I even created my own menu system that my center is interested in. I go to my center tomorrow to weigh in and attend an "Emotional Eating" class.

I really love all of the recipes posted too! Thanks!
Good luck!! We're all cheering for you!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Well...I didn't quite make my 50 pound goal this morning. I went to WI and was down 1.5 since last Monday. That makes 46 pounds total. I did the TANITA today and have lost 10 pounds of FAT in the last month. No lean muscle lost at all and my hydration level was up 1.4%. I was also down 12-1/2 inches for the month for a total of 44-1/2. Good grief...almost 4 feet!

I started taking the Phentatrim today. I think it is giving me a headache. Anyone else have this happen?

Our center is doing a promotion to add a second year of maintenance. I'm thinking I'll need it, but I have to get to goal first.

Wow! 10 pounds of fat and 12 1/2 inches! You'll hit that 50 lbs. soon!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
The new pic is awesome!!!

Thanks! It's about time for a new one from you too
Old 12-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Went in today & managed to lose weight over Thanksgiving so I got my 3 extra weeks for losing over the holiday (which I really needed since it's been one thing after another this time around) - they're doing another promotion over Christmas, so I'll keep at it so I can get another 3 weeks if I need it. I'd rather be hitting stabilization this month, but realistically with at least 4 big dinner things this month, I know it's not likely. January for SURE!
Great job on the loss over Thanksgiving!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Okay ladies I need help! I have the last 9 lbs to go and need to have this off before the end of the month. Anyone have any hints helps ideas support etc.... to help me here! I've gone in the last 2 WI's with no loss, but have stuck to the plan minus my day off at Thanksgiving (Which really wasn't too far off plan). We ate out a little more with company but I made wise choices when we went out!

Thanks for all your help!
Tina
Old 12-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #114  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooPigSooie View Post
I need some help getting refocused so I can speed up my weight loss...I've only lost 6 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I can identify some things that may be slowing me down: lots of travel w/ minor cheats; too many meal bars and still having a creamy in that day; cooking in too much oil; the occasional coffee w/ half & half or cream; cottage cheese too often at lunch. Is there anything less obvious that I might be overlooking? I do pretty well on water but can always drink more...sometimes I skip the starch at dinner--could that actually slow me down? I realize it's a tough time of year to maximize loss but I would like to get down to 150 by Christmas. This board is such a lifeline for me--I cheer for all of your successes and comiserate on your setbacks.
Well, all those things can slow you down. Lots of travel will make you retain water (as will the minor cheats). The other thing - you're starting to get closer to your goal, which means to keep your loss rate up you need to stick even more closely to your plan, because it takes fewer calories to maintain your current weight.
I can't remember - are you exercising? If not, it's a good time to start to increase your calorie burn. Doesn't have to be anything crazy strenuous, all I've ever done is walking & some light weights for upper body.
I have to say, though, 6 lbs in 4 weeks with all you mentioned is actually pretty darned good!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #115  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Okay ladies I need help! I have the last 9 lbs to go and need to have this off before the end of the month. Anyone have any hints helps ideas support etc.... to help me here! I've gone in the last 2 WI's with no loss, but have stuck to the plan minus my day off at Thanksgiving (Which really wasn't too far off plan). We ate out a little more with company but I made wise choices when we went out!

Thanks for all your help!
Tina
Well, the good news is it probably doesn't all have to be off by the end of the month - you'll continue to lose another 5-7 lbs (average) during stabilization. So really, think of it as needing to lose about 5 lbs - doable!!!
If you can ramp up your exercise a bit, that'll help. Just keep following the plan. I haven't seen this mentioned for awhile, but there was a time when we talked a lot about maximizing fish for protein - good, low-fat source of protein. (And minimize the cottage cheese right now, if you eat it at all - it's got more sugar than any of the other proteins.)
Also, any time you're eating out you're getting more sodium than you're used to - so more water retention. That probably explains why you didn't have a loss on the scale.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 159/159/110

Height: 4'9"

Hi Girls. Just got back from w/i. .6 lbs.-thats not 6 lbs, 1/2 lb. But, at least it was a loss. The consultant (?) said that once I started losing, it would stop dropping and not to be discouraged. So, I will be glad for the loss.
Great job tvmitsche! W2G!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #117  

Quote:
Well, the good news is it probably doesn't all have to be off by the end of the month - you'll continue to lose another 5-7 lbs (average) during stabilization. So really, think of it as needing to lose about 5 lbs - doable!!!
If you can ramp up your exercise a bit, that'll help. Just keep following the plan. I haven't seen this mentioned for awhile, but there was a time when we talked a lot about maximizing fish for protein - good, low-fat source of protein. (And minimize the cottage cheese right now, if you eat it at all - it's got more sugar than any of the other proteins.)
Also, any time you're eating out you're getting more sodium than you're used to - so more water retention. That probably explains why you didn't have a loss on the scale.
Thanks Meemo! They haven't really discussed that with me! I guess I'll talk to them about it on Friday when I go in. My BMI was 25.9 and they want it at 25 but that shouldn't be a problem by the end of the month. I have started spinning but missed last week b/c of having the stomach flu and kids being sick and also company! Needless to say I don't think I ever sat down last week but still not the same. I hardly eat cottage cheese so that one isn't too major. I'll up the fish the next couple of weeks to see what that does. Thanks for the help!

Tina
Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #118  

Do they keep you on the HNS when you are on the stabilization menu's?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:09 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Quote:
Well, all those things can slow you down. Lots of travel will make you retain water (as will the minor cheats). The other thing - you're starting to get closer to your goal, which means to keep your loss rate up you need to stick even more closely to your plan, because it takes fewer calories to maintain your current weight.
I can't remember - are you exercising? If not, it's a good time to start to increase your calorie burn. Doesn't have to be anything crazy strenuous, all I've ever done is walking & some light weights for upper body.
I have to say, though, 6 lbs in 4 weeks with all you mentioned is actually pretty darned good!
Thanks, Meemo. I knew you'd have good advice! I have been exercising and am currently at week 3 in the Couch to 5K program. I had hoped that would speed up the loss but it hasn't yet. One thing I forget is how much time I've spent at 160 over the past 10 years--my body seems to kind of stick at that weight, whether it's on the way up or down.

Your response to another poster about the sugar in cottage cheese caught my attention--what a bummer! I'm going to see if I can also work more fish into my diet.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #120  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208.8/164.8/135 - 44.0lbs down

Hi Everyone! I just came back from my WI and I lost 4.4lbs since Friday, and that's when I started the program. I was totally in ketosis and my consultant was freaking out because I was really burning a lot of fat. I took the emotional eating class tonight too and I learned that I have to change my attitude and not be afraid of failing and quit. That's what happened before. Positive self affrimation is important too. We all need to tell ourselves that we deserve to be healthy and to look good. I am fired up!!
Closed Thread