Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #46  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Well...I went to WI today and was up 0.5 pounds. Not really the direction that is going to help me to sign the 50 pound board next week!

I have had a mostly OP week with A LOT of eating out. I need to ask for no added sodium at restaurants and that would probably go a long way. I don't want to coast out the rest of the year and hit it hard at the first of the year, but that sure would make life easier. I need to get my head in it....NOW.

Can someone give me a kick in the pants?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #47  

Height: 5'7''

I just wanted to offer some support to those of you struggling to stay OP. It is a very hard thing to do, and the repetition of the meal plans can sure get boring. But I just want you guys to know that if you don't get control again you will be sorry. I have done this before with MRC, I got cocky and scared (to be thin) at the same time and here I am again. Back to MRC for another go around of this. It sucks.

Find motivation in less obvious places. Pick a book at your bookstore for motivation on weight loss. I have been reading Secrets of a Former Fat Girl and 100 Days of Weight Loss both of these books are great books for changing your thinking and will keep you busy when you want to feast.

Also- as for the binging on bad foods. Throw them out! Don't buy them so you don't have to look at them!

Think about how far you've come!! It took a lot of hard work. Think of your body as an artist's canvas. Almost finished painted. Then you come along and start cutting into the canvas with scissors and taking away from the piece. You're ruining the beauty!! Don't do that! You can get back OP and get in control! You DO NOT want to be a fat girl!!! And trust that even if the scale isn't reflecting a change in your eating habits, it will creep up on you and be very hard to get back to where you want to be. You can do it!!! Be strong sisters!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/191/148

Height: 5'4

Thanks so.......Much!!! I Just love this recipe!! I'll make sure I don't lose it this time.

Jo
Old 11-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2LiveLife View Post
I just wanted to offer some support to those of you struggling to stay OP. It is a very hard thing to do, and the repetition of the meal plans can sure get boring. But I just want you guys to know that if you don't get control again you will be sorry. I have done this before with MRC, I got cocky and scared (to be thin) at the same time and here I am again. Back to MRC for another go around of this. It sucks.

Find motivation in less obvious places. Pick a book at your bookstore for motivation on weight loss. I have been reading Secrets of a Former Fat Girl and 100 Days of Weight Loss both of these books are great books for changing your thinking and will keep you busy when you want to feast.

Also- as for the binging on bad foods. Throw them out! Don't buy them so you don't have to look at them!

Think about how far you've come!! It took a lot of hard work. Think of your body as an artist's canvas. Almost finished painted. Then you come along and start cutting into the canvas with scissors and taking away from the piece. You're ruining the beauty!! Don't do that! You can get back OP and get in control! You DO NOT want to be a fat girl!!! And trust that even if the scale isn't reflecting a change in your eating habits, it will creep up on you and be very hard to get back to where you want to be. You can do it!!! Be strong sisters!!!

Best post of the day! This would be worth taping to the cabinet door
Old 11-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #50  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Just wanted to check in with all of you, as it seems to keep me motivated, not to mention honest. Maintenance is harder than I thought it would be...no set foods that you eat, like when you are using the food sheets. I need to get back on track and focused and this list helps me to do that. I've finally (after 5 weeks) lost 2 of the 2.5 lbs of my Hawaii liquor weight. This was a tough week, as we had to have our 11 year old lab put to sleep because of a brain tumor that caused her to go blind and become completely disoriented. I spent most of Wednesday in tears and had very little appetite but did manage to eat OP and not pig out like I would have in the past.

Thanks to Lv2ski for posting all of the Thanksgiving recipes on the recipe thread. Our Center had a Thanksgiving tasting last week and used these recipes, which were very tasty and didn't feel like diet food at all, especially the dressing. They also had the South Beach Diet's Faux Mashed potatoes, made with cooked cauliflower and potato buds. Take a look at those if you have to cook or take a dish to Thanksgiving dinner, as there would be at least something to eat OP besides the turkey. I saw Namaste/Denise at the Center when I was there and she is amazing. She looks terrific and is so wise for someone so young (same age range as my kids!). What an inspiration she has been for me and for all of us on 3FC.

I wish you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Judy
Gma to 4
So sorry to hear about your dog.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #51  
Aprilw94

Smile

Quote:

I just wanted to pipe up and agree with this. This is also my second go round and I also just let life happen...saying oh its only one meal....its just this one piece of cake....i'll have a little more...etc. Now I am up 55lbs and watched every lbs come back on. I was the on fire mrc member that lost my 72 lbs in 23wks and did not cheat even one time on program and thought I would never be fat again because I felt so good being thin. Just remember nothing is worth it....not even a bite. If you go out to eat.... a side salad is better than blowing it and saying "oh forget it, I will just order ___________." Stay strong everyone, it feels more amazing than the alternative!!!

April
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #52  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
That is a truly insightful analogy. You are so right.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #53  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Can any one tell me what they think of the fat and crab blocker??
Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #54  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I was reading the last few pages of posting and I hate to say happy, but I am that I am not the only one pulling myself down. So I am Turing to think why am I doing this to my self??? I keep going off OP..... I am doing the U turn and then I am right back to where I started...... I was up 1.5 today and I have no one to blame but me. I need to also get my head back in the game before it gets out of control.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Can any one tell me what they think of the fat and crab blocker??
I use it when I go out to eat or to someone's house and I can't order OP. Not sure if it really helps or not but have continued to lose. I don't use it but once or twice a week if necessary. Been OP since Sept and still haven't finished my first bottle. Some people have said to keep a bathroom close by b/c it moves everything thru and that I have never noticed.

Tina
Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #56  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

Cool Thoughts about staying on program

Hi,
I've tried all sorts of diet plans in the past and never stuck with them. I figured one glass of wine, one handful of nuts, etc. wouldn't hurt. Obviously, all those cheating moments did hurt!
I've only been on the plan for four weeks and I've only lost 14 pounds. I had expected more, and faster, but my favorite saying is, "It takes time to rush into these things." At least I'm losing, not continuing to gain!
I've been tempted to cheat, but then I look at my Visa bill and figure out what each of these lost pounds has cost me! Yowzer! Who am I fooling? Why would I spent so darn much money and not succeed? I keep hitting myself upside the head and saying, "Duhhh!" Why bother to spend all this money and come away a failure, yet again? I look at my printed graph of loss and say, "At least it's loss! It's not fast, but it's steady." The two days I cheated only because I was eating out and the choices weren't great, I gained. There's a cause and effect going on here, Gals! Another big "Duhh!"
No one ever said this would be easy, but it's working when I work at it, so I keep reminding myself that this is what I want. Looser pants are nice!
Anyway, just my mind rambling around, trying to convince myself and others that staying on program is the only way to go.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #57  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Great posts on why it is so important to stay OP. I can see how easy it is to fall back into old habits now that I'm in maintenance, plus remember the struggles I had with the cheats during my journey to get this far. A trick that is working for me is to keep my final inches lost ribbon hanging on the side of the refrigerator so I see it each time open the door and from my kitchen table as I'm eating. It is a visible reminder of how far I've come.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #58  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Hey Nebraska friends.... are any of you on the phone in program.... have a friend whose MIL lives Waneta, NE and is wants to join but isn't sure if there is a center close. I think the only one in NE is in Bellevue right?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hey Nebraska friends.... are any of you on the phone in program.... have a friend whose MIL lives Waneta, NE and is wants to join but isn't sure if there is a center close. I think the only one in NE is in Bellevue right?
I know there is another one in Millard which is also a suberb of Omaha. They're only about 10 miles apart. I have a friend that lives in Pennsylvania that is doing hers over the phone from our Bellevue office. She comes here to visit her daughter occasionally and signed up the last time she was here. So I don't think it matters where you live. The ladies at our Bellevue center are wonderful & very supportive. It would be worth a try to give them a call!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiho View Post
I've only been on the plan for four weeks and I've only lost 14 pounds. I had expected more, and faster, but my favorite saying is, "It takes time to rush into these things." At least I'm losing, not continuing to gain!
Meiho, we all want to lose faster, but you are averaging over 3 lbs per week--that's fantastic! A lot of us are very envious of that Considering your start weight and height, 14 lbs is a significant loss, so be proud of that and keep up the good work!
Closed Thread