Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Thanks for the advice and encouragement in regards to the Italian lunch today! I brought a zuchini lasagna that I had made and frozen a few weeks ago so that I would have something "Italian-y" to eat, too. I ate some of the salad that was provided (no dressing), ate my pineapple and drank my hns. I am so proud of myself. They had chocolate cake and cheesecake that looked fabulous, but I did not even eat one bite! That make three days of absolutely NO CHEATS! Not even one cheeto or a "blt" of anything off plan! I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see some results!
CONGRATS! You are an inspiration!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #362  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Gmato4.

This is what I've had this week:

Monday: Cheese & melba toast for breakfast, replacement shake for lunch, steak, cucumber & edamame for dinner (I'm not sure if I had my drinks that day, sometimes I forget and I didn't write it down).

Tuesday: Cheese and egg on melba for breakfast, salmon, canteloupe & cucumber for lunch, buffalo, salad & flat bread for dinner. That day I had 3 supps + a creamy AND I added a tiny bit of cheese and sour cream to my buffalo taco salad (total cheat, but it just tastes so much better)

Wednesday: cheese, egg on melba for breakfast, salmon, green beans & blackberries for lunch, chicken, salad and 1pc bread for dinner. 4 regular supps that day

Thursday: cheese/egg on melba, meal bar for lunch, turkey (deli meat), cucumer & 1 pc bread for dinner. 2 regular HNS and 1 pre-made chocolate

I still haven't given up my regular coffee (and I still add a bit of half n half to it too). I've tried to have more water but I'm still not great @ that. I haven't exercised at all this week (not since Friday of last week). I've been really good about the bites/licks/tastes though. I was letting that get out of hand. Plus, I've been keeping the craving journal and that has helped me stay away from cheats.

The journal has this info on it: Date/Time, Food Craving, Last Mea Eaten, What was your mood?, Was the hunger real or emotional? and Did you eat the food craved? I've listed something for every day and I have't caved once for the foods I was craving (donuts, McD's, hamburgers, Chicken fried steak, cookies, etc). What it makes you do is think about it before you do it. Just knowing that you'll have to write it down (if you cave in) makes you not want to give in b/c you don't want to say "yes, I ate that cheat food"! KWIM? Good luck, you can do it too. I'm not perfect, but I've been trying to be better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I get so pumped up, reading the success stories and the NSVs. Three cheers to all of you who had a good week.

And its so impressive to see how dedicated and determined those of you who didn't do so well are in staying OP. This group continues to motivate me. Welcome to this group, Diamond Oaks. I think you will enjoy your time here.

rockijames and alexiah: Those are some pretty impressive numbers you two pulled this week. Did you do anything different to get there, like increase your exercise or change what you've been eating? I'd sure welcome any suggestions/advice and bet there are others who would, too.

Shine on: When you use the jello mix as hot tea, how much water are you using? It calls for only a total of 4 oz (2 hot/2 cold) when you mix it up for the jello.

3MM: I had a crazy, alcoholic family growing up. We never celebrated birthdays, but I changed that after I got married. I am always "reminding" DH and my kids (grandkids now, too!) that I have a birthday coming up, for several days prior to the event. They all get a kick out of how much I enjoy celebrating. I go around the house singing "Happy Birthday to me" and put all of my birthday cards on the fireplace mantle as they arrive, where they stay for at least a week. If my family wants to take me out to dinner, I choose a restaurant where I know they will sing to me. The g-kids love it and sing with me and the wait staff. The adults are embarrassed as all get out, which makes it even more fun for me, but I know they enjoy seeing me having fun. The point I'm trying to make was brought up by someone else on the board. Sometimes you have to speak up about how important special occasions are, like birthdays and anniversaries. For some reason, most men (and particularly hubbies) just don't get it, but they can be taught!

Gma to 4
Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #363  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
How does everyone fix their zuchinni? I usually just cook it in a skillet with some olive oil and lemon pepper and garlic, but Im getting tired of that. What does everyone else do with their squash?
I'm a huge zuchinni fan. My fall back is zuchinni & squash cut into wedges, then I add green pepper, green onion a couple fresh garlic, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and whatever spices I feel like. Usually Mrs Dash - Italian Seasoning or Extra Spicy. Oh, and of course the EVO!

SoftballStar - Are you from Washingtonn State or DC?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I'm a huge zuchinni fan. My fall back is zuchinni & squash cut into wedges, then I add green pepper, green onion a couple fresh garlic, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and whatever spices I feel like. Usually Mrs Dash - Italian Seasoning or Extra Spicy. Oh, and of course the EVO!

SoftballStar - Are you from Washingtonn State or DC?

This reminded me of my fav grill meal.....get kabobs and alternate zucchini, squash, chicken, green peppers and steak bites. Make 2-3 big ones with your amounts of all. Light EVOO and season....they are too good and everyone will eat them!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Thanks for the advice and encouragement in regards to the Italian lunch today! I brought a zuchini lasagna that I had made and frozen a few weeks ago so that I would have something "Italian-y" to eat, too. I ate some of the salad that was provided (no dressing), ate my pineapple and drank my hns. I am so proud of myself. They had chocolate cake and cheesecake that looked fabulous, but I did not even eat one bite! That make three days of absolutely NO CHEATS! Not even one cheeto or a "blt" of anything off plan! I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see some results!
Congratulations! I am so proud of you. I hope you have a great WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy13 View Post
Hi!
I am new to 3FC but not to MRC plan. I have lost 37 pounds (some with weight watchers before starting MRC). I actually have been following your posts for a while and draw inspiration from all of you when I read your posts. Thanks for being such a sharing encouraging group. I hope that as I post here I will also be able to inspire others, and I hope that joining your group will keep me more in line as I have been struggling for 2-3 weeks now.
You will get a lot of encouragement here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Exactly. There is something special, for sure. And, I did feel like my heart could just burst. It was amazing. He was amazing. It was our special day. Last night, I asked him what his favorite part of field day was and he said "it was having you there, Momma". OMG, I could have just burst that second. I gave him the biggest hug.... then he was out the door.... that fast.... to go play. He had no idea what he did to me! So, when he drives me nuts this weekend with the "I don't wanna" and "why can't I", I'll have to take a second and remember yesterday!
That is so sweet. I have 2 boys and everynow and then they are so good to me. Not often enough for me to get used to it. But sometimes.

I just had 2 NSV - We went out for lunch at work and I ate a buffalo burger - no bun and salad my own dressing. And I did not eat one homemade potato chip on my plate. And then everyone wanted Cold Stone (my absolute favorite) and again I did not have any.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #366  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
I'm way behind in reading posts. But I just needed to show up here today and say, I am "in" and working on things. I've had trouble getting to my center with the new job, I hope to go tomorrow morning.

Made a new ticker for a "mini-goal", and I hope that will keep me focused. Food has really been calling but when I don't eat well, I have to acknowledge that I don't feel as well.

I have been thinking of you all and I hope to catch up on my post reading very soon!

hugs
Miriam
Hey there you are, glad to see you. Hope your new job is not too stressful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I like to grate zuchinni with a cheese gratter, add alittle beaten egg, ground melba, salt & pepper, and garlic salt, make it into a patty and cook it in a little olive oil. It is crunchy on the out side and delish on the inside. YUMMO
I bet it would be good with squash too!!
Never thought of trying it that way, Im gonna try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
This sounds so familiar to me!

I
I can top it....I have only gotten flowers 2 times and I have been seeing my DH for 13 years. Both times was when I gave birth to our sons. The first time, his sister literally beat him accross the head and told him not to come back until he had something beautiful for me!!! LOL

It is a waste of time to train mine, but I love him anyway.

I hope you are feeling better! I am 30, but have gone thru the blues for the last 3 years. I am getting better now, but really do have my off days. You are a wonderful woman and give such good advice to others.

If you are interested in photography.....try to go to www.dpchallenge.com
This isn't a class, but weekly challenges were you take photos and upload. Everyone gets to judge and the top 3 are put on the homepage as reward. There is a forum of VERY helpful people and if you ask questions and just take the challenges you will learn quickly!!! and you can do it anywhere.

I love grilled Zucchini.....I just quarter it, spray with a bit of olive oil pam and sprinkle with Garlic and herb Mrs. Dash. On the grill it goes!

I have also used it for lunch as a "potato" grated to make a hash brown of sorts to have with eggs. It was OK.
Thanks for that link it sounds like fun! Yeah getting flowers twice is pretty bad, but if your happy and dont need it then thats awesome. I am definately trying that sight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Good Morning! Missed a day and missed several pages! Yesterday, my son had "field day" at school so I took the day off and spent it with him. We had so much fun together and it made him very happy. It made me very happy. He was so sweet, and carried my camera bag and picnic blanket around. What a wonderful little man. We also got to have lunch together (I brought my own of course). Anyway, great day..... Also had WI last night and was down 2lbs bringing me to 97lbs total. I can't wait to get to 100lbs! I see there are many successes out there! Congrats!!! Also, some struggles... To those, keep on pushing through. It will get better. Everything get's better. Everyone has such wonderful kind words of support to each other. That's why I just love coming here as often as possible.
Have a wonderful day.
Denise
congrats on the 2 lbs, my goodness my goodness it takes alot of strength and focus to lose that much weight, this is hard stuff I hope you realize how awesome you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy13 View Post
Hi!
I am new to 3FC but not to MRC plan. I have lost 37 pounds (some with weight watchers before starting MRC). I actually have been following your posts for a while and draw inspiration from all of you when I read your posts. Thanks for being such a sharing encouraging group. I hope that as I post here I will also be able to inspire others, and I hope that joining your group will keep me more in line as I have been struggling for 2-3 weeks now.
Welcome and congrats on your loss so far!
Quote:
You deserve to lose twice as much weight this wi for being able to resist chocolate cake that is right in front of you! You should be very proud!

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 05-09-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #367  
Gina

Denise! Look at you - you are so close to the 100lb board WAY TO GO! mspiggy13 - Thank you from coming out of the shadows and introducting yourself. We look forward to getting to know you. This group changes, but the motivation and positive support keep going. mommato3 - you get the gold star of the week! WAY TO GO. Pre-planning and staying OP. I hope your reward shows up on the scale, but your feeling of satisfaction is priceless. Hang onto in the face of temptations - you're on track !! WorkingARMom, ok, I just read your post - it's a tie this week!!! WOW! Not eating the chips off your own plate and turning down coldstone. You are a super hereo!! I ask for the goodies to be left off the plate or scrape them onto a bread plate and ask for it to be taken away. I don't know if I would be strong enough to eat around it!!

Well, my unintentionally water flush worked (ditzy moment, accidentially drank 135 ounces thinking it was 64 ounces). I weighed in this afternoon - I usually do the morning - and I was still down 2 lbs! I'll take that with a smile. I know it's a little more on my home scale, but that will give me something to look forward to next week.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #368  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Congratulations! I am so proud of you. I hope you have a great WI.

You will get a lot of encouragement here.

That is so sweet. I have 2 boys and everynow and then they are so good to me. Not often enough for me to get used to it. But sometimes.

I just had 2 NSV - We went out for lunch at work and I ate a buffalo burger - no bun and salad my own dressing. And I did not eat one homemade potato chip on my plate. And then everyone wanted Cold Stone (my absolute favorite) and again I did not have any.
Thats awesome, you sure are showing some strength!! I love cold stone, your one tough lady!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #369  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

WELCOME Mspiggy13 !!!

Namaste- I dont have any little boys only girls but i know the feeling of having a good day with them,it is AMAZING the love we feel for our children!

Shine on- I was curious when you drink more the 64 oz water does it make you gain? Or was it just way more water then you are used too? I drink 150 oz a day i love my water..and i never noticed a gain i think i pee it all out to fast to notice..lol Just curious how much H20 does everyone else drink daily?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #370  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Great Job! I know you feel so proud of your accomplishment to control your food! Way to go!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #371  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Denise...Awesome job on being so close to the 100# gone forever board! You are doing phenominal!!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #372  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
My husband has the worst track record for holidays. One mothers day he bought me a card without even reading it first, just grabbed one and paid out, I'm for real. My birthday is the day after V-day, he waited until after work on valentines day to drive 45 miles to get me an ugly arse bear and nasty left over chocolate by the time he got home it was after 9. Then guess what, the very next day is my birthday but he didnt get me a present while he was in town, he went down to the only gift shop in town on my birthday after work and bought me a hideous statue, it was a dancing cow in a flowered dress with high heels and red lipstick it was hideous. Im tired of trying to train him. He knows it is important to me to be thought of, anyway enough beating that dead horse, I went to college three times, don't want any more of that. i would love to take a class for painting or photography there just isn't anything like that in this town. Thanks Christi for your story, its nice to have someone relate to you, around here I am from Mars they are all certain. Crystal your overwhelmed understimulated statement makes perfect sense. Gma thats right, it your day, enjoy it to the fullest. Crystal I have asked for help, I have gotten prescription after prescription but no real help. I was on xanax when I quit smoking. The dr here is leary to give xanax on a regular basis. If there was a shrink in town I would go, there is one old man and I just cant see myself spilling all my crazy freaky stuff to an old man. There isnt anything else here, we couldnt afford the gas or the cost of the actual shrink in Lubbock, I have been thinking about this pretty constant for the past month. I dont know I might see what my insurance covers and maybe on fridays when i go WI but then I dont know who is good, i dont know anyone that sees a shrink, hmm I got to get different friends that I can relate too better, mine are way too functional. lol
When we lived in TX I couldn't get any doctor to really listen to me either. It wasn't until we moved back here to MO, that I found a doctor that actually "heard" me & she put me on Xanax. A medical doctor... not a shrink doctor. I really just wanted you to know you aren't alone in your feelings. Hope I didn't upset you.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 05-09-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi guys. Just checking in. It's been a crazy week with DH gone this week.

I went in Wednesday to weigh in and was down 2.4 since last Friday. Looks like those ribs Saturday night didn't hurt me too much. whew... I'm really staying on program this week and am hoping that tomorrows wi will be good too.

Congrats to all the losses. You guys are so inspiring.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #374  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Shine on- I was curious when you drink more the 64 oz water does it make you gain? Or was it just way more water then you are used too? I drink 150 oz a day i love my water..and i never noticed a gain i think i pee it all out to fast to notice..lol Just curious how much H20 does everyone else drink daily?
No - it didn't make me gain, actually lost 2 lbs by the next morning. My goal is 100 oz of water per day. I was a good water drinker before I started too. I've always gone by the rule of thumb of half your body weight in ounces. So, if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz per day. I think MRC's rules are 64 ounces minimum plus 16 ounces for every 25 lbs you are overweight and 16 ounces for every 30 minutes you work out. It's been a while - does anyone else remember what the "rules" are on water?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 167.5/161/125

Height: 5'4"

Just Checking in - had my weigh in today and down 1lb from Tuesday - that is a total of 3.5lbs - I am on my way! WOOHOO!

OK What exactly does NSV stand for?

Deb
Closed Thread