Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #256  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
For those that WI first thing in the AM. Do you eat and/or drink before you go. I know we're supposed to keep our normal eating schedule but I hate to eat or drink right before I go in there. What do you all do??
I used to weigh in mid-morning, I'd eat breakfast, go for my walk, come back & shower & change & go weigh-in. A couple of times I'd break with the routine & go after lunch - but of course then I had an extra meal & more water in me so those weigh-ins weren't as good.

I think the main thing to get an accurate weigh-in result is to be as consistent as possible with what you do so you'll be comparing apples to apples. Your food & drink intake for the day - even the clothes you wear will make a difference. That's why I always considered my morning weigh-ins on my scale at home as my true test - the MRC weigh-ins were just for MRC's information.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #257  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
CONGRATS!!! Be careful on cutting stuff out! You don't want to deprive your body of all the good stuff it needs.
I'm late (still catching up) but I have to agree, especially with veggies - I don't think there's a one of us who ended up at MRC's doorstep because we ate too many non-starchy veggies! And this is already a very low-calorie plan - cutting things out really isn't a good idea.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #258  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Hi everyone

Wow, we finally have our very own forum listed. Congrats to all you losers out there. I've gotten a little behind in my post reading lately, so I will try to catch up.

I was really stoked to see JanT posting. Hope you are doing well.

Namaste, You are truly rocking and rolling with your fat burning fire!!! Congrats on the 95 pound board! Can't wait to see your name up in lights on the 100 pound board! Loved your "freedoms" list and your analogy.

Well, ladies (where's Tim?) it finally happened. I finished my 2nd week of stabilization and lost another 3 pounds. This puts me in (drum roll please)
ONE-derland!!!

It's been over 17 long years since I've seen one hundred and something on the scale. It feels really great. The MRC program works!!! I have lost almost 160 pounds in less than 11 months. When I first walked through the MRC doors, I never imagined I would be where I am now in such a short time. Jewelie, you would be so proud of me, I was able to bike 1.5 hours on Saturday and run for over 1 hour Monday. It's hard to put a price on good health. It's worth every penny!
Congratulations on your arrival in one-derland! May your stay be a long & happy one!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #259  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Well tomorrow is my anniversary, well actually today, its after midnight already. We don't have any plans and hubby has to work (he works nights). Its our 9th, where does the time go? Watched The Golden Compass tonight with the kids, its a really cool movie everyone should see it. They had popcorn and I had my orange. I just finished watching Sweeney Todd, eww talk about disgusting! That one is going straight back to the video store in the morning so my kids wont try to watch it, its demented and WAY gorey!!! Also watched "Lars and the Real Girl" ******ed save your money, he was so good in the Notebook. We got ugly weather today, it showered hail for awhile. Well thats all the non MRC related stuff that has no business being on the board that I can think of. I dont really have any interested MRC stuff...umm, had spaghetti(squash) with meat sauce and garlic toast for supper. Really bored today so guess Im rambling. Guess ill go hang out on Myspace.

Meemo still MIA? and where is Mirihawk and zachsmom? WHERE'S EVERYBODY AT?????
I'm here - trying to catch up. Not a lot of time these days - my daughter's house flooded (plumbing issue) while we were on vacation so they've been here a lot (the drying-out equipment just got picked up yesterday, took a week to get it dried out) and with my granddaughter's allergies etc it's not good for them to be there right now. They'll need all new flooring, lots of drywall work to be done (they ended up replacing their plumbing) - it's just a mess for them right now.

All my eating on vacation was bad, bad, bad - I'm bloated & miserable still. It's been tough getting back on track - but I think I'm about there now. Gotta get the sugar & starch out of my system - it's just making me physically miserable!

And I liked Sweeney Todd - but you're right - it's not for kids. The Broadway version on DVD is really good and not nearly as gory. You know what's happening, but it's not graphic like the movie. Haven't seen the other ones you mentioned. I've still got Gone Baby Gone sitting on the desk here to watch. Maybe this afternoon while I'm ironing!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #260  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Well update on self. I was felling really bummed today, felt bloated and really wasn't looking forward to wi tonight. Well I had dinner and got up the motivation to go and get my workout in and wi! I was pleasantly surprised. I started off 1 lb up from where I was last week, just knowing that because I had the chicken fajita the other day I was going to be up! Well, I kept inching the weight down a little bit at a time and ended up with a 3 lb loss!
YEA!!!! What great news! Congrats!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #261  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Well update on self. I was felling really bummed today, felt bloated and really wasn't looking forward to wi tonight. Well I had dinner and got up the motivation to go and get my workout in and wi! I was pleasantly surprised. I started off 1 lb up from where I was last week, just knowing that because I had the chicken fajita the other day I was going to be up! Well, I kept inching the weight down a little bit at a time and ended up with a 3 lb loss!
Congratulations!!!! Great job!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #262  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Thanks everybody for all your kind words of encouragement I really could not hae gotten wherer I am today without all of you.

ShineOn, Donuts, Namaste you are all such inspirations-You really motivate me to keep going when I really want to say "screw this".

Monday I weighed in and was up 1 pound after lots of red wine and a bacon cheeseburger-it wasn't really even that good. I resolved that to get back op and start the meta-quick to get back in the zone would be best. Monday I did great, Tuesday I did great until my Mary Kay order arrived with a small pack of M&M's. Yeah, I ate the darn things and I don't even really like them as much as other candy. Ugh! back to it tonight with my 2 shakes and 4 hns and some sort of fish tonight for dinner with some kind of green stuff too. Really, I need to stay focused thats all.
To all you Greeley people-I saw Tina on Monday, maybe she had a change of heart.
Thank you, but you motivate me as well! Without this forum, it would be so much more difficult!!! Congratulations to getting back on plan! You can do this! You saw Tina? Great! I went to class last night, and they said that she left to manage a all women's bike store in Ft Collins.... Don't think she'll be back. Sounds like her dream job. Anything involving biking, would be it for her. I'm glad you had the chance to see her though. So, are you at the Greeley center? How did I miss that?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #263  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

3MM...thanks for missing me. I have been out of town for a few days and really busy too. I think I have also been avoiding you guys. I am back OP since Sat., but up 'til then I have been pretty much eating off plan. Not really bad stuff, just not what I'm supposed to do. But I'm back in the swing of things. I feel better (life is so much better without all that guilt). I'm going to WI tomarrow. I know that I'm up a couple of #s. I am on my home scales anyway. But I deserve it. I will bounce back. But I have set a mini goal to lose 10#s by the time I move . That is in about a month. I can totally do it. Wish me luck for my WI tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it turns out!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #264  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
LOL, it is . New girl practices are at 6:00pm on Sundays at Roller City in Springdale. You have to attend a minimum of 8 practices before you are eligible to try out for the league.

In other news, if anyone loves those 5 hour energy drinks like I do, they are on sale at Walgreen's for buy 3 (2 packs) get one free! Plus they come in decaf now, yippee! I am such an addict .

Oh, and I went to WI today. I had to miss Friday since I didn't get off work until 7:30pm (usually off between 3 and 4). Anyway, I had a not quite good day Monday, I was dying for a McD's cheeseburger, so I had a double one, with apple dippers and water . It was ok, but I figured out today that I was wanting it since Aunt Flo came to see me today. So, weighed in, and lost 3.5 pounds . I think the ladies at my center don't like me so much.

Congrats to all you losers, and WTG Donuts on One-derland!
good for you! That is AWESOME! Why do you think the ladies don't like you?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #265  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Ms. Gigi- Congrats on the 3 lbs! keep it up. I would think that it would be real hard to stay OP while traveling. I am very impressed.

Welcome back Zacksmom! Shake it off and just get back OP! I agree about the guilt! I haven't cheated YET...b/c I don't want the guilt. I almost feel a cheat coming on...but when I come here and read the post, it helps to keep me on track.

Congrats to all the Losers and welcome newbies!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #266  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Well WI today and was UP a WHOPPING 2.5 pounds! And get this! I didn't even cheat! Even the counselors don't know why. They keep blaming it on water retention, but DANG. Then she told me to cut out squash and cucumbers because they make you retain. I do eat a lot of squash. Has anyone experienced this big of a gain and did nothing to cause it? I am totally discouraged. I just signed the 25 pound board, and now I'm back to where I was before.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #267  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Jennifer - Are you taking any extra B6? I bought some at Wal-Mart and because I do eat a lot of squash and cucumbers, I've been taking 2 every morning and 2 more at night (I think it's 150mg each or something like that). Its supposed to help flush it out. I was up that 1/2 an lb a week or so ago and had been eating a lot of cucumbers for lunch and think that was a big part of why.

zacksmom - Glad to see you back. I know all too well about avoiding this place when you're feeling a little guilty. Even if you just come to read, keep coming back. It helps! You can totally kick that 10lbs in the butt before the end of the month. I have complete faith in you!!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #268  
Ms. Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Jennifer - Are you taking any extra B6? I bought some at Wal-Mart and because I do eat a lot of squash and cucumbers, I've been taking 2 every morning and 2 more at night (I think it's 150mg each or something like that). Its supposed to help flush it out. I was up that 1/2 an lb a week or so ago and had been eating a lot of cucumbers for lunch and think that was a big part of why.

zacksmom - Glad to see you back. I know all too well about avoiding this place when you're feeling a little guilty. Even if you just come to read, keep coming back. It helps! You can totally kick that 10lbs in the butt before the end of the month. I have complete faith in you!!

Hey Angie!

I only have the b6 combo which contains 50 mg b6 and niacin and a few other things. I think I'll pick up some of just the b6 and see if it helps. 2.5 pounds is a lot of water. My clothes aren't fitting any differently though. Thanks for your suggestions very much!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #269  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Well WI today and was UP a WHOPPING 2.5 pounds! And get this! I didn't even cheat! Even the counselors don't know why. They keep blaming it on water retention, but DANG. Then she told me to cut out squash and cucumbers because they make you retain. I do eat a lot of squash. Has anyone experienced this big of a gain and did nothing to cause it? I am totally discouraged. I just signed the 25 pound board, and now I'm back to where I was before.
Cucumbers make you retain water? Conventional wisdom is that they're a diuretic! Hmmmm....
Old 05-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #270  
Ms. Jennifer

MsGiGi!!! Way to go on your 3 pounds@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYA AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Let me be your cheerleader for a change!!!!! AWESOME!
Closed Thread