Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #31  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Meemo....you can do eggs and cheese. That is an option in Group 1, but you cannot combine cheese with group 2 or 3 proteins more than once a week. At least that is what we are told here. LOL
DOH! Senior moment - I forgot about that. But I did do cheese & chicken on my salads pretty often - either I didn't point that out on my food sheets or they didn't care because they never said anything. (And they did love to circle my transgressions - I figured every circled item was a strike against me if I ever tried to invoke my guarantee LOL!)
Old 04-14-2008, 01:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Wow! You look great! I love to see the transformations! I hope you hit goal soon! I like your goal of a half marathon. I ran a half marathon about 4 years ago. It was a test of endurance for me. I really had to work hard and stay dedicated to train. I highly reccomend finding a running group or partner to train with. I haven't been out running in a while. It was love/hate relationship for me! I didn't enjoy the runs but I loved how I felt afterward! I know you can do it. Your dedication to getting healthy is awesome!
I have never been a big distance runner, but I love it. I am sooooo addicted.
How do I go about finding a running group??? Everything that I am doing now I have found online.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:31 AM   #33  
Em

Had another epiphany today...
I'd mentioned before that I was going to try using half egg-whites & half whey protein in my homemade HNS. Tried that yesterday & liked it much better than all whey protein - lighter taste AND fewer calories. So that was a hit for me. (Just don't let it set too long if you're bothered by icky visuals - it'll separate. But shake it up again & it's fine.)
But as I was mixing one up & looking again at the nutritional info on the carton of egg whites it hit me - 1/4 cup is a serving - 30 calories & 6g of protein. An MRC clear HNS is 60 calories & 12g of protein (at least the ones I have). Sooo - why not just add 1/2 cup of egg whites to scrambled eggs or an omelet instead of having an HNS? 1/2 c worth of extra egg whites to egg salad? All egg whites to Crystal Lite or whatever for an HNS instead of the whey protein - I'm not sure how much I'd paid for the carton of egg whites but I'm thinking it's gotta be cheaper than the whey protein & it's a lot more tasteless. Oh, and a tiny preview of maintenance - on maintenance egg whites are a "free" food. I've got a couple more cartons in the freezer & I'll check the price next time I'm shopping. But I'm definitely using the egg whites more now as a different form of HNS.
(Come to think of it - seems like those meringue cookies that were recently posted could be an HNS substitute if you figured out the ratio for the right amount.)

Last edited by Meemo; 04-14-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:37 AM   #34  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
How do I go about finding a running group??? Everything that I am doing now I have found online.
Runner's Roost in Fort Collins should have a lot of running group info for ya.
Jewelie, your pics speak thousands of all you have accomplished!!! I am so excited for the healthier, energitic, thinner YOU!!!

Don't you think having an exercise program helps you stay on plan? I know it does for me. Eating the right foods gives me the best workouts, so I don't want to ruin that by going off plan.

Thanks for starting the new thread. I will be maintaining with you soon, and still want to do the Father's Day 5K in Estes Park with our Colorado group!

BTW, when I was really fit in the Air Force, I use to run 3 to 5 miles everyday and 12 miles straight every weekend. I will be trying that out again soon!!
No food high even comes close to a runners high.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-14-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:01 AM   #35  
Bonnie

Wow, Jewelie! Your pictures really are amazing. Thank you for sharing them with us!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #36  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Not for the faint of heart

Well I didn't get a chance to walk this evening like I had planned (was going to try 2 miles since it was indeed physically possible for me to finish the 5k, but when I went with my sister to sonic (she got diet coke I got ice water) I got a phone call from my teenage son that my 8 yr old daughter had sliced her wrist open and it was bleeding profusley, he was frantic. We literally flew home, running stop signs, I think we were air born a time or two. When I got there I "ran" in the house (last time I ran was about 6 years ago when the same daughter was headed for the street and I had to run to stop her, oh that child!) I had told my son to hold a towel to her wrist tightly until I got there (took maybe three minutes). The towel was soaked and when I looked at her wrist I could see her tendon. Nausea immediatley set in me hard. We rushed her to the ER and luckily she did not damage her tendon and the bleeding finally stopped and it only required stitches. I almost fainted in the er room, after it was all over. Don't know why I did that, never felt like that before, got sick to my stomach, my skin tingled, light headed, hard to breath, it was weird after it was all over. So she is sleeping now. She woke up crying so I gave her some meds and put her in my lap and of course mommy is magic and that made all the difference and she fell asleep so I didn't want her to wake up, so I sat there for a long time till she was good and asleep. So I had a really late supper. Oh you might wonder how she did it, well she was coming out of her bedroom with her brother and he stepped on the leg of her pj's by accident (they were a little big) and she tripped and on her way down she caught a little nail that had pried out a bit from the door facing with her wrist, I can't believe it sliced clean though like that. I'm keeping her home from school, its her right wrist so she can't write tomorrow anyway. My name on here should have been drama mama, there is always more than enough drama around me. Well hopefully I didn't ruin too many breakfasts or lunches, lol. I'm off to bed.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #37  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Jewelie..love your new pic...you look great!

3mm...oh my, so sorry to hear of the trauma you had with your daughter. Glad they fixed her all up, and it wasn't more serious. I would have passed out, I can't handle icky gore like that. However when it is your own child, you will be surprised what you can endure.

I am going to have DH work on a pic for me this week, to add to my progress.

Happy Monday to all!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #38  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Jewel....WOW you look great and your sisters should be jealous, I am too.
But you have worked really hard and you should be proud.

I had WI on Friday, and I was down 3#s. that is really good, but I was a little disapointed. I'm at 171, and I really wanted to be in the 160's,but I'm averaging 2.5#s a week, so I will really celebrate when I get there. Maybe new earrings like everone else.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #39  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I almost fainted in the er room, after it was all over. Don't know why I did that, never felt like that before, got sick to my stomach, my skin tingled, light headed, hard to breath, it was weird after it was all over.
Oh, bless her heart - glad she's okay. And her poor brother too.
As for you in the ER - that was probably the adrenalin rush wearing off. Amazing the stories our kids give us, isn't it?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #40  
Bonnie

3MM: OMG! How frightening! I'm glad to hear she is okay and it wasn't any worse. I do the same thing - great in an emergency but they gotta watch me when it's all over! Nothing like mommy magic, huh?

I had a large burden removed last night. Well, you know about my cat drama (I promise this'll be the last you hear of it!). On Friday night, I finally got the nerve to check the shelter's website (DDFL for those CO folks) and there he was. OMG, did I cry, cry, cry! So I stopped and wrote him a letter of apology and included a prayer that his new family would stop in this weekend. Apparently my prayer was answered because he dropped off the site on Sunday (meaning he was adopted). I felt like I had lost another 50 pounds off my shoulders. Now if I can just manage a few real lbs. at my WI this a.m. I was feeling so down, I did a little minor sabotaging, so I'm not too hopeful but I'll let ya'll know later
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #41  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

I finally went to weigh in on Saturday,(first time in a week), and wouldn't you know it, I hit a plateau. But, that is better than gaining. several of you have mentioned self-sabotaging (sp), and I am so glad to hear that. I feel like that is what I have been doing, too. Oh, those few french fries off of the kiddo's plate won't hurt...or just one bite of mac&cheese. Why do we do this? Yesterday, we had a birthday party for my now-four-year-old, and my eating was WAY off plan. However, I am DETERMINED to jump right back on this week, and get myself off of this plateau. I know that I am going to need the encouragement of this board to keep me from falling into those temptations. HELP!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #42  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Alot of times sporting goods stores or stores specific for runners wil have groups. I have also seen ads in the paper for running groups. if you have a local health magazine or look in the newspaper under the health section. You be able to find a group if you look in these places. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #43  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

3mm- So sorry to hear about your baby girl! Theres nothing like mommy kisses! Give her lots of attention today and she will be better no time. I imagine she will be sore for a few days. Keep the Motrin onboard.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #44  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

3MM ~ I am glad that your daughter is okay. How scary! We haven't had to make an emergency room trip YET with our kiddo's, but I just know that our day is coming. You and she need to rest and "snuggle" today!

Bonnie ~ I am so glad that your burden has been lifted! What an answer to prayer.

Jewelie~ Oh my goodness! You look awesome and are such an inspiration to the rest of us "losers!" Keep it up!

Donuts ~ my, you look good in your avatar!

zachzmom ~ Zach is precious!

I had a small NSV today. My mom bought me a pair of capri's and cute top for my birthday last year (May). Unfortunately, I couldn't wear it; the pants wouldn't button and the shirt was tight. Guess what I am wearing today? You're right AND the pants are nearly too big! Woo Hoo! So, even though I am on a (bleep) plateau, I still feel encouraged.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #45  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Nickie...OMG! Your poor baby. I hope she's doing okay today. That's so scary, I can't imagine.

I WI today and even though my home scale said 149.9 (it's usually 2 pounds MORE than MRC) I WI @ 152.5 @ MRC! UGH! I was so ticked! I moved the scale and got back on and got it back to 152 so at least I didn't GAIN weight! Stupid Scale!

Anyway..I'm OP today (have been) and feeling pretty good, so hopefully when I go back on Thursday I'll be in the 140s (that will be a first in 14 years, holy cow). I also get measurements done, so I'm excited about that. My belly (front area) still looks big to me, but I notice a difference around my sides and my thighs and arms are looking a little better as well.

Good luck everyone! Tonight I'm going to dedicate some time in the kitchen and cook up some stuff that I can have for a quick grab in the AM to pack for breakfast and lunch. I might make up several slices of the French Toast and some more Irish Oatmeal and maybe boil some eggs. I love all the ideas everyone has posted. Anyone have quick lunch time things to make? I guess lettuce wraps are good if you have a good meat you want to eat up. I wish we could have our bread @ lunch instead of the fruit, but then I'd miss the bread @ breakfast!
Closed Thread