3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take 15! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/139716-metabolic-research-center-take-15-a.html)

jeweliek 04-13-2008 05:16 PM

Metabolic Research Center - Take 15!

Hello Ladies and Donuts,
I took it upon myself to start a new thread. It was soooooo long with the other one.

I forgot to report here that I did my 5K on Saturday (it was so windy that it took my breath away) and finished in 35 min and 52 sec!!!!

exsquisit 04-13-2008 05:22 PM

Thanks for the new thread Jewelie! Great job on the 5k and thanks for the menu info.

jeweliek 04-13-2008 05:49 PM

np
Not sure who was looking for ideas on food, but....

My reg meals......

Breakfast
Oatmeal Pancakes
French Toast with an extra egg
1 oz shredded cheese with 1 egg mixed and make a open faced fried egg sammy
lemon poppyseed muffins
deviled eggs
lemon cheesecake dip with cinn. tortilla chips

Lunch
I am WAY into lettuce wraps right now
Tuna wrap with gr. pepper, celery, gr onion and bean sprouts is good. I use ranch to make it "wet"
Chicken diced with some ranch and veggies makes an excellent wrap.
Spaghetti and meat balls made with spaghetti squash and turkey or buffalo meat balls
Meatball wraps work nicely in the lettuce and I use the raw tomato sauce from 3MM for this. You can put spaghetti squash in it to add veggies.
Stuffed mushrooms are great
Taco Salad
Stuffed Green Peppers YUM!
Leftovers from the night before

Supper
White Bean Chili - this is just WAY too good!
Chicken nuggets
Breaded Chicken
Breaded Cod
Fish Tacos
meatloaf
Judy's Famous Chili (the ONLY time I like the tomato HNS)
I made Adobo Pork Tenderloin that was SOOOO good the other day
Buffalo steak is good when I can find it at a good price

exsquisit 04-13-2008 05:54 PM

Where can I find Judy's famous chili recipe? Is it in the cookbook?

blueyedangel 04-13-2008 06:02 PM

Just thought I'd add a few to the meal ideas. I can't get buffalo anywhere around here. I'm on the green menu so adjust protein if you need to:

Stuffed green peppers made with ground turkey, use tomato HNS instead of tomato sauce or soup (However you normally prepare it) One of my FAVORITES

Cream of Chicken HNS with 4 oz. of cutup chicken breast & 2 oz green beans, green onions. Add a 4 oz salad to get the rest of your vege's. Fast Easy & YUMMY + gets in an HNS

Grill 8 oz. of shrimp. Eat 4 oz. and add some vege's. Use the other 4 oz. the next day on a salad with Italian dressing.

Turkey meatloaf (one pound of ground turkey makes 4 servings. Add 4 oz. green pepper, mushrooms, green onion.) Have with 3 oz. cooked vege. or 7 oz. salad

Chili made with ground turkey

Deviled eggs (no mayo, use mustard)

French toast flavor with cinnamon, maple extract, splenda. Add a fried egg or 1 oz. of cheese for the rest of your protein.

Baked apple (core, fill with some cinnamon & splenda & spray with ICBINB)

Fried apple (use a little ICBINB, cinnamon, splenda)

Cinnamon toast

Rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli (I get the breast the rest is for everyone else)

Leftover chicken on flatbread (i cut 100 cal bread in 1/2) throw on some lettuce, tomato, cucumber...

Bake a turkey breast

Grill some scallops

If you go out to eat & order an 8 oz. steak. Immediately cut it in half to take home. The next day you can have a steak salad with lite Italian dressing... Yummy!!

Grilled chicken on lettuce salad.

redgirl 04-13-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2148776)
Hello Ladies and Donuts,
I took it upon myself to start a new thread. It was soooooo long with the other one.

I forgot to report here that I did my 5K on Saturday (it was so windy that it took my breath away) and finished in 35 min and 52 sec!!!!

Thanks for the new thread. Great job on the 5K. I wish I could get that inspired! Maybe when It warms up.:)

jeweliek 04-13-2008 06:06 PM

I will put Judy's Chili Recipe and the Crockpot chicken (tastes like rot. chick. to me) in the recipe thread.

redgirl 04-13-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyedangel (Post 2148848)
Just thought I'd add a few to the meal ideas. I can't get buffalo anywhere around here. I'm on the green menu so adjust protein if you need to:

Stuffed green peppers made with ground turkey, use tomato HNS instead of tomato sauce or soup (However you normally prepare it)

Cream of Chicken HNS with 4 oz. of cutup chicken breast & 2 oz green beans, green onions. Add a 4 oz salad to get the rest of your vege's.

Turkey meatloaf (one pound of ground turkey makes 4 servings. Add 4 oz. green pepper, mushrooms, green onion.) Have with 3 oz. cooked vege. or 7 oz. salad

Chili made with ground turkey

Deviled eggs (no mayo, use mustard)

French toast flavor with cinnamon, maple extract, splenda. Add a fried egg or 1 oz. of cheese for the rest of your protein.

Baked apple (core, fill with some cinnamon & splenda & spray with ICBINB)

Fried apple (use a little ICBINB, cinnamon, splenda)

Cinnamon toast

Rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli (I get the breast the rest is for everyone else)

Leftover chicken on flatbread (i cut 100 cal bread in 1/2) throw on some lettuce, tomato, cucumber...

Bake a turkey breast

Grill some scallops

If you go out to eat & order an 8 oz. steak. Immediately cut it in half to take home. The next day you can have a steak salad with lite Italian dressing... Yummy!!

Grilled chicken on lettuce salad.

Great Menu ideas! I made a "Fiesta Ranch" dip today. It is so good! You make it the same way as the Ranch dip using cottage cheese and the Hiden Valley Ranch packet. I am afraid to get too creative. Right now I am eating chicken and turkey with salads and veggies. I will probably branch out soon. I like what I am eating and I don't mind it (yet). Meal time is fine for me. I eat when it is time or if I start to get hungry. I am afraid to start looking forward to eating because that might make me have further cravings and go off plan! My big indulgence right now is my nightly hot chocolate!
I see that you live in Missourri. I had lunch with NWAloser and WorkingARmom on Friday. We would all love to meet you sometime. I think you are maybe 80 or so miles from us. Would you like to see if we could come up with a plan to meet sometime?:)

blueyedangel 04-13-2008 06:26 PM

Redgirl - That'd be fun! I just work all the freakin time! LOL And, hubby may be going to nights, so with 4 kids it might get tricky. Will see what might work out tho! :-)

Goal4Life 04-13-2008 06:36 PM

blueeyed....be careful on the steak for lunch. My center doesn't allow it, you might want to check your menu, as it could cause a slow down (unless it is buffalo steak, then it is ok). I have had it when there were no other choices, and didn't notice a change, but I probably would if I did it often. Seems red meat slows me down. I only eat it 1 time a week, and when I plataeu I don't eat it at all.

ieduc8em 04-13-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2148776)
Hello Ladies and Donuts,

Thanks for starting the new thread. And great job on the 5K. That is awesome!

Also, msteacher from the other thread....look how far you have come! You've lost what 47 lbs. That is fab! You are going to make it to onderland. Do not give up!

Way to go Rockie on signing the 20lb board. WoooHooo! Super!

Most of what I eat has already been mentioned. I don't venture too far out either. I do make parmesan chicken every once in a while. Sprinkle the parm on chicken breast and cook in a little evoo! It is really good.

I hope everyone is a loser this week!;)

losingforhealth 04-13-2008 08:22 PM

Jewlie Thanks for the new thread.

Also I wanted to share this recipe for mayo
as an alternative to the MRC recipe this taste as near to treal Mayo that I have ever used.

;)
Mayonaise for dieters

1 cup of safflower oil
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinger or lemon juice
1egg
1/8 teaspoon of powder mustard
garlic and onion powder to taste
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt

mix 1/4 cup of the oil with the egg, vinger and spices in blender blend for a few seconds till mix . then slowly add rest of all blend until well mixed. yield 1 cup. serving 2 teaspoons

I learned this recipe years ago. it is really good with tuna or any salad.
Hope you alll have good weigh ins tomorrow :carrot:

blueyedangel 04-13-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goal4Life (Post 2148893)
blueeyed....be careful on the steak for lunch. My center doesn't allow it, you might want to check your menu, as it could cause a slow down (unless it is buffalo steak, then it is ok). I have had it when there were no other choices, and didn't notice a change, but I probably would if I did it often. Seems red meat slows me down. I only eat it 1 time a week, and when I plataeu I don't eat it at all.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did it once and had the salad for my dinner. I have only had steak 2x during this whole experience (DH ate the rest of my steak the other time!). And, not for about 10 days...and I still have little scale movement. I just get so tired of :chicken:! LOL

I think I will ask them to measure me next time. Especially if I don't lose much - just so I can at least see some sort of progress.

losingweightnow 04-13-2008 09:56 PM

Thanks so much for the new thread!!! I haven't been able to keep up with the others they move so fast! I miss all of you!! Hopefully life will start to return to normal this week and I will be back to visit... See you soon!

Amy

jeweliek 04-13-2008 11:04 PM

I got brave....if you click on my profile you will see me at my heaviest in the before. It was about 230#. I had lost a bit before trying MRC. Then the new avatar and the current image are from today. Hope you like.

I am a work in progress. I cannot wait to hit goal and start stabilization. I really want to up my exercise and next year I want to do a half marathon.