Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #166  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

mirihawk- I understand about the situation at work! Don't let them get you down! I know after you have been somewhere for a while you develop a type of relationship with your coworkers. If in fact you thought of them as friends and if they were true friends, they would be happy for your decision! You need to do what is best for you and your family! That is what matters! Phooey on them! Kill them with kindness, do what you need to and move on!

Well as for what has been up with me for the past couple of days! Flying was a bit testy trying to stay OP! The only seat available when the company booked my flight was first class (oh not complaining)! The temptations were there though! I did plan ahead, had breakfast before we left for the airport, stuck some HNS and a MRB in my purse! When we first started out, I was a bit hungry but was trying to plan out my HNS with travel time! The lady brought out some warm mixed nuts (was about 1/4 cup)- yes I ate them! Tried convincing myself I was adding some protein to keep up my metabolism! HUH My connecting flight served lunch - I had the MRB in my purse! I ate lunch! Think I made a pretty descent choice considering! It was between a turkey sandwich on a crosiant (which I really wanted) and a chicken salad! I took the chicken salad! It did'nt have much chicken on it and did have some raisins and pecans! Had a vinegrett dressing, about 2 tbs, 3 thin crackers with a small triangle of cheese! All in all, don't think it was to dreadfully drastic for the week thus far. I did get situated in my room and headed straight for the grocery store! So far all is going pretty good! I was luck to get a room with a kitchenet so I come back to my room for lunch every day! I can do this! Well all, have a good week and I will try and not fall so far behind again! It's time for bed now, good night!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 AM   #167  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post

Oh and I electronically filed my taxes by about 10 PM... yay! That is done with for another year!
My goodness you sure waited till the very last minute, lol, I'm sure the USA will be in a much better mood come tomorrow.

Crystal, my center is very big on making sure we eat every 5 hours.I start counting after I have finished my meal, like if I sit to eat at 1:00 but don't finish till 1:30 etc. I eat at approx:
1:00 breakfast
6:30 lunch
12:00 supper
I have a weird schedule remember. The supplements I take are
breakfast 2-cortitrim, 2-mrc6, 2-flax seed, co q-10, biotin, multi-vit
lunch 2-mrc6, 2-cortitrim, 2 flax seed
supper 2-mrc6, 2-cortitrim, 2-flax seed
Ill have a clear after breakfast sometime, sometimes one after lunch, and a creamy before bed between 1:00 am and 3:00 am. My biggest problem is getting in water, I have yet to go over 64oz of plain water. Guess we all have little parts that are harder for us and I hate water. Luckily my high blood pressure med is a diuretic also. I do get in quite a bit of tea, its not as good as plain old water but it has some "flushing" benefits as well. Every once in awhile I will have a diet sprite but not too often.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 AM   #168  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone

I WI today and had my monthly measurements and Tanita body composition done. I lost 2 pounds this week and came within 1 pound of signing the 150 pound board. I won't complain to loudly, because I don't want to offend any plateauers out there. Actually, I was pretty darn happy I may not have signed to 150 pound board, but I have some exciting news....
I'M GOING TO THE STABILIZATION PARTY BABY!!!
OOOOOOOOOOH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I finally made it!!! OK, take a deep breath; calm down. I'm ok now.
Lost 149 and feelin' fine

Here's what happened..... My Body Fat percentage (BF%) is down to 16% (I was 19.5% last month and started the program at 42.7%). The target BF% they originally set for me was 17%. The Tanita readout actually said I need to gain 2 pounds of FAT to be at 17% . So this is why I qualify for stabilization (my BF%). I go to the stabilization party this Saturday. I still want to make it to ONE-derland and keep my goal weight at 195 pounds.
I would also like to be below 15% body fat (you know, like Brad Pit).

Drum roll please.... Now for my measurements. Total inches lost: 130!!!

This has been an incredible weight loss journey over the last 10 months. It went by faster than I ever dreamed possible. My wife can almost touch her elbows when she hugs me. Before, she couldn't even touch her finger tips.
My life/health has completely changed. I feel like a new man. Thanks everyone for sharing in my journey. I owe a lot to each of you for your incredible support. Darren (aka Donuts)

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 04-16-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Donuts!!!

That is just awesome!! I have been so inspired by you! You have to be so proud of yourself!!

Congrats, Mirihawk!!! I am so happy for you! I was called back for a second interview with the principal -- it is set for Thursday at 3:00, so keep me in your thoughts and send me some of your good luck! I hope you are happy at your new job and get out of the other one without too much grief. It is funny how people react when they know you are leaving. I have encountered some interesting responses since my departure has been known. I have to finish out the school year. Most of the staff is very supportive, but there are some that are just wishing I would fail. Don't much need them in my life....

I have been really busy and just trying to keep up with all the posts, but know that my thoughts are with you all and I celebrate and empathize with
you all. This is not an easy journey, but so worth it.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:47 AM   #170  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Donuts!

So...this week basically sucks for me. I think I may have hit my first plateau. My body is stuck at the 200 mark. Once this week I had even gained! I'm doing everything that I can think of - no cheese, no creamies. I'm getting frustrated. I don't know what else I can do, besides pray, that will help me be down on Saturday. I know, I know, that's a few days away but my scale is showing me UP! What IS this?? GRRRR
Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #171  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
...oh no! I definitely did not eat OP at lunch today. I joined my co-workers for lunch at the food court. I wasn't expecting to go, so, it threw my 'plans' off. I had chinese...orange chicken and veggies...no rice. I suppose that I could have made better choices, but I didn't have all the time in the world to make a decision....anyway...I'm not real happy with myself at the moment. I should have just said 'no thank you', but there are times that it gets old always saying no. But, because I hadn't planned on going out, I didn't have any Fat/Carb blocker....well, I guess I just need to get back OP and stay there!! Hopefully, this won't cause too much of a set-back!
I ate Chinese too one time...at the food court...the thing I found was that it had a lot of sodium. I could taste it the minute I put it in my mouth. Drink a lot of water and take an extra B6. That might help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
OK...I got brave a posted a picture of me from last summer in my profile for my starting photo. I will post a more recent one soon. Hopefully I will be able to see a difference with my inches lost.
Great picture. Can't wait to see your after or in progress.

Thanks for the info on the tomatoes. I eat alot of those too. I'll cut them out and see what happens

CONGRATS DONUTS! You are my hero! That is certainly great news!!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #172  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Full of guilt

Why...Why...Why...do I do the things I do?
I told you guys that we are moving this summer, well my husbands company has already moved him. So he will be gone during the week and home on weekends. Last night was my first night without him. What did I do? Went to Dairy Queen and got a hamburger and FF. Can you believe it? I was on my way to the store to pick up a few things, and I just pulled right in. I felt sick all night. I feel bloated and gross this morning. So I know that I have learned my lesson. I don't want to do it again. I didn't even sleep very good. And I have a splitting headache. The food poisened me.LOL
I have learned my lesson. hopefully
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
Hey all, I'm back . The floods in my area washed out our phone lines so we've been without internet for a week! Yikes! I haven't caught up on posts yet, it will be a few days for that . The derby was great, we won! NWALoser, who is your neighbor? I play on the only league in the area, the next closest are in Ft. Smith, Tulsa, and Joplin, so I'm sure I know her .

My neighbor's name is Brandy L. She was on the hardwood harletts team but I think she "coaches" now. Do you know her?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #174  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Okay, Jewelie~as the resident exercise expert, I need your help! I don't really like exercise, but I know that I need to start doing something. Where should I start? I don't have any exercise equipment, such as a treadmill, so I need things that I can do on my own. There is no way that I can get to a gym right now (I teach and have 6 year old twins and a four year old). So, I would really love it if you would give me some suggestions on things that I can do at home!!! I just want to tone and continue to burn fat. My upper arms have a lot of loose skin and so does my tummy. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. (Anyone else who has advice, please chime in--I need all the help I can get!)
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #175  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Darren aka Donuts.....you are totally awesome!!! Way to go on getting to stabilzation! I know you are feeling great, and you have made so many accomplishments with your overall health and well being....now don't leave us ladies hanging around here alone...we need your wisdom!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
OK... It's not something I have on a regular basis anyway. Just when I'm running behind. I had asked my center about it when I first started and they said it was ok.

Here's the label:

Calories 100
Fat Calories 20
Total Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 520 mg
Total Carb 2 g
Protein 18 g

That does seem like a LOT of sodium...

Someone mentioned to cut back on my salt intake earlier. I don't put additional salt anything. Occassionally I use a little sea salt, but normally I use Mrs. Dash or pepper to season.

All input is greatly appreciated!

Just wanted to add that tonight is the first time I've had pork since I started MRC also. Mostly I eat chicken or fish. I'm just trying to mix my menu up a little - confuse my body... I know pork is one of the more limited protein choices.
I am concerned the meat has 2 carbs? I don't think meat should have any carbs. There could be some added sugar...Just a thought. As far as the salt goes, I don't salt anything. I use seasonings and that is it. Some of them have salt, some don't.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #177  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcweightless View Post
Hi all . I have not been on for awhile .Been on the program since oct. i have lost 40lbs and 56in. i want to loose about 40 to 50 more lbs . It is now time for me to rejoin this month my only thing is i think i am burnt out with metabolic same foods etc. it does work but i just find myself getting in a runt i am thinking about joining weightwatchers just so i can have a veriaty also when i was on weightwatcher i lost 40lbs too but i think when i lose a certain ammount i start to sabotage myself why i dont know any way does anybody on her feel like me about getting burnt out . i love the results so far and know i love the results when i lose the 40 to 50 more.
Welcome back! Congratulations on losing 40 lbs & 56" - you're halfway to your goal!

Are you sure you're "burning out"? Or are you sabotaging yourself again? You know this works, you've had great success, but you're thinking about changing to a program that you say you ended up sabotaging yourself on previously. And what are the chances that when given the chance to eat more of a variety, after you've been feeling like you're "in a rut", you'll go crazy & have difficulty controlling your choices? Perhaps not calorie-wise, but nutritionally. (It's easy to stay within your points & not get much nutritional value at all on WW.)

I'm not saying that's really what's happening - just throwing it out there as something to think about. Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I think your times are a little off.....the 9:30 HNS buys you 2 hours so you have to eat before 11:30; same with your 4:00 HNS you need to eat before 6

You may want to watch the times. From what I was told you eat within 1 hour of waking. It is within 5 hours of each meal and an HNS will buy you 2 hours. If you are consistantly going a little longer, you are slowing your metabolism.
Jeweliek

My meals time are generally as follows. Tell me what you recommend. I think I too have hit a plateau. I have lost around 20 pounds.

5:30- Get up
7:30 Breakfast and HNS
11:30 Lunch
2:30 HNS
6:30 Supper
7:30-8:30 HNS

Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #179  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
I'm STILL not caught up, LOL! But thanks for all the congratulations! Thank goodness for all of you. The people at work are less than pleased and life was very difficult today at work. I did OK on the food till after dinner - I had a teaspoon of peanut butter and a handful of ginger snaps, sigh. I really just can't believe how dorkey the people at work were being. I know that is what the extra food was about...
Look at the positive side of it - you've been doing a great job & they know how much they'll miss you. I know what you mean, sadly, I saw it happen a few times at my last job. I was lucky that I left there for a reason they couldn't really find fault with (to watch my granddaughter for my DD & SIL while they work), or it would've been pretty ugly, & I was really dreading giving notice there. Hopefully they'll get over it quickly.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #180  
Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Hey bomaze! Hope this week is going better for you! Just wanted to say hello, keep up your spirits!

I'm having a MUCH better week, thank you! Congrats on signing the 20# board!

CONGRATULATIONS, Donuts! What an amazing accomplishment!

Last edited by bomaze; 04-16-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Closed Thread