Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #466  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Hello all! Congratulations to all the success! Me, I am on day 11 with the Meta Slim Plus menu! My first week was 5 lbs., that's a start! Any one have suggestions for breakfast? I have been going between eggs or an egg with cheese on toast! This is getting boring! The french toast and or pancake sounds good! How do you work this in? Help, I am in need of some variety! I have been maintaining though! I did have a sweet tooth the other night, and satiated that with a scoop of jello (sugar free, 10 cal. per serving). Not sure how that is going to work in! My husband and I are doing the program together but the nearest office is almost 2 hrs. away (we are doing mail order)! We shall see what this Sat. brings - end of our second week so we are going to do each others measurements! All take care and have a good day! :-)
Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #467  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

mirihawk Congrats on the inches! You'll be signing that 20 lb board before you know it

redgirl I think it's great that you are having such a successful start with the program

zackzmom
When I hit a little plateau recently, I was eating hard cheese every day. I gave that up and saw a loss the next time I went it. I now just have hard cheese maybe only once a week and usually with an egg so it's not just the cheese alone.
I don't have a creamy every day. Now that I'm doing some of the HNS in my nifty little shake n take, I feel like I'm getting a creamy treat with them as they come out almost like a milkshake. I often have the gelatin in the evenings for "dessert".
Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #468  
Jeannie

Sounds like we have breakfast in common - I was wondering about the cheese thing myself - looking at meal plan now! Still need some variety! Question - I am new to this, I created a blog this morning, how do I get it to reflect here on my postings, over where My FitDay is listed? HELP
Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #469  
Jeannie

Sounds like I might need to keep an eye on that, I have been eating cheese almost every morning!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #470  
Jeannie

Smile

Congrats on the loss!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #471  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Smaller pants story

[QUOTE=mirihawk;2129314]Wow. I'm never going to catch up.

I just wanted to check in and say ~ I got measured yesterday and I have lost a total of 15 inches since the start!! This explains why the size 20 good black pants are what I can wear for my interview today!

Mirihawk,

Doesn't it feel great to be in a smaller size??? I have a pants story to share with you. My job requires me to attend lots of meetings and make presentations. I tried on a pair of my regular slacks and they hung on me, so I made a quick trip to the store and (SURPRISE!) was able to go down a full size. I hurried home, cut off the tags at the waist, put the pants on and headed to meet with a group of Vietnam and Korean War veterans, all male.

I made the rounds of the room, visiting with all the men (no women there), gave my presentation, then headed home. When I got there, my husband asked how the meeting went, and I told him great! Then I mentioned I had to buy a smaller pair of pants and twirled around to show him. Lo and behold, he noticed that I had left on the long sticky slip (in yellow) which was still attached to the back of the right leg. His comment was, "I'll bet those vets notices those were new pants, too!" Sure took the wind out of my sails, but I'm glad I was down a size!

Do any of you have moments like this to share?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Back from WI. Bummed. I am up a pound. Well I expected that after eating out last night. But they did my measurements and I am down 7.5 lbs and 7.5 inches.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #473  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm going to be facing my first real challenge and could use some help. I'm making a road trip (10 hour drive) to vist a friend for the weekend. I already told him I'm watching carbs, so I'm hoping that will help. The Center advised me to bring along the fiber HNS and the fat/carb blocker. Any other helpful advice? Also -- what kinds of things are good to pack in the car for meals & snacks? I don't want to spend the time having meals in sit-down restaurants along the way & fast food places can be too challenging. Ideas???
I'm going to visit my sister this weekend and have some of the same "issues." My "out and about" staple is the grilled chicken asian salad from McDonald's and adding the apple dippers into the salad for lunch. It has edamame and carrots but will take the "cheat" as a minor one - I have it every ten days or so and it hasn't affected me adversely at all. As for the my trip, I plan on prepacking some of my foods and just doing my own thing. It's my sister and she is cheerleading me through this, so I know she'll understand

Goal4Life - How awesome you're doing! That board is yours!

Redgirl - You asked a few pages back how long it's taken me to hit 40# (your goal) and the answer is 16 weeks. I was hard core for the first 12 weeks and slacked off a little the last few weeks. I don't recommend the BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) as a means to reaching your goal - they really slow things down! I'm back into more hard core as I look to the last 35 pounds!

Gmato4 - I don't have anything quite so embarrassing but my husband came up behind me last night and I could hear him chuckling. He said between my incredibly baggy pants and my shorter hair, he wouldn't be able to pick me out in a rear-view lineup - I consider that a good thing, since I'm not typically fond of my rear view!

On the topic of cheese, I have cheese every single morning and sometimes for lunch too. This program is SO low calorie that I have found that I stall less with some of the higher calorie options (cheese instead of another egg, buffalo instead of fish). I am a fairly high metabolizer, so that's just me. We really have to figure out what works for each of us within the program guidelines. In Jillian Michael's book (from the biggest loser show) she has a quiz in the beginning of the book to determine what type of metabolizer you are. So far it's been true to me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Height: 5'7"

hello... thank you for all the welcoming! I have a question and my counselor is a little funny situation. She happens to be a friend of mine from way back but she also is a new counselor. She hasn't been at MRC long. I have already bothered her with so many questions. Okay... when you go in for your sign up they give you a meal selector list.. am I supposed to be sticking to this and nothing else? I am in my first week.. so I guess this is the pre-conditioning! I really need to go grocery shopping if so!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #475  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Mireland - The menu you have for preconditioning is NOT the menu you will get at your food class, so don't stock up on anything. You should be sticking to the foods on that list and making a vigilant effort to knock out all caffiene and sugar from your diet now. To tackle a sudden lack of caffiene, sugar and many of your favorite foods is, IMHO, too much to tackle at one shot. Knock out the first two now and the third will come much more easily when you get your first menu.

Last edited by bomaze; 04-02-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Bonnie-
I love your pic. You look beautiful.

Glad to hear your back at it. I have had some probs with a little cheat each day. It seems that is my prob. Has been for the last week, but today I am trying Meemo's suggestion of the beige menu while I'm exercising.

Anyway, so nice to "see" you
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #477  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I have noticed that several people have said that they don't have cheese for breakfast. Why is this? I have an egg, cheese toast every morning. Almost.
Do you guys know something that I don't? Also, did someone say that you can only have a creamy a couple times a week? I have one every morning when I get to work. I love the cappicino.(spell??) anyway, I just feel like I have hit my first plateau. I need a little jump start. Any ideas?
Sometimes I have cheese at breakfast but I had much rather save it for lunch. My center said I could have it breakfast or lunch just not a t supper. Breakfast is easy for me and lunch is more difficult so its easier for me to think of something tasty if I know I can put cheese on it . You can have a creamy everyday, just one a day but yes everyday. If your weightloss is very slow they may recommend not having one everyday but if your having no problems then one a day is legal. I have a hot chocolate every night with a spoon of instant decaff in it. Since you have hit a plateau then you may want to try taking out the cheese or creamy, but I think there has to be a week here or there when we don't lose, I think it would be normal but if it lasts longer then something should be tried to get things going again. IMHO.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 04-02-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #478  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Bonnie-
I love your pic. You look beautiful.

Glad to hear your back at it. I have had some probs with a little cheat each day. It seems that is my prob. Has been for the last week, but today I am trying Meemo's suggestion of the beige menu while I'm exercising.

Anyway, so nice to "see" you
I have the same prob. The other day my son had a couple of bites of his PB&J sand. and I just popped it in my mouth. As I was chewing it dawned on me that I shouldn't have done that, so I spit it out. That is crazy, but I know I do that all the time. I just don't think about it. From now on I'm going to think about everything I pop in my mouth.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #479  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

This sound fantastic! I was trying to figure how to make a sauce and you just answered that fo me perfectly. I will be giving this a try very soon. Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Oh I loved what I had today. Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic toast. Oh it tasted so good I felt like I was cheating. I know alot of yall already fix this but for anyone that hasn't yet this is how:

Cut 1 spaghetti squash in half and with a spoon scrape out the seeds. Lay them open side down in a baking pan with about an inch of water cover with foil and bake for an hour on 375. Take out and let it cool a bit then with a fork scrape the meat off and it will look like spaghetti, season with some garlic and ICBINB (I cant believe its not butter) now for the meat sauce: I used ground bison, brown it. In a food chopper put some tomatoes (I used 5 cherry tomatoes) slices of the green part of green onions, plenty of garlic, italian seasonings, pepper, sea salt, tiny squirt of lime juice, about 2 tsp olive oil, chop it all til well blended then mix hot cooked meat in with it to get it all warm. Serve on top of the spaghetti squash, a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese and wallah!! I sprayed a piece of 40 calorie bread with ICBINB and spread minced garlic on it and broiled it for like 45 seconds. I fixed regular spaghetti for my family and I felt like I was eating what they were it was soooo good. Oh yeah I sauteed some mushrooms to go in the meat sauce but forgot to put them in, duh, oh well I have leftovers so it will just be extra mushroomy Spaghetti squash has a very light flavor that easily gets lost in anything you put on it so you really dont taste the squash much at all. I cannot stress how illegal this tasted, lol.

Think I will play around with spaghetti squash and next time use chicken and cheese, throw in some other veggies and make a casserole. Yummy
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #480  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Hello all! Congratulations to all the success! Me, I am on day 11 with the Meta Slim Plus menu! My first week was 5 lbs., that's a start! Any one have suggestions for breakfast? I have been going between eggs or an egg with cheese on toast! This is getting boring! The french toast and or pancake sounds good! How do you work this in? Help, I am in need of some variety! I have been maintaining though! I did have a sweet tooth the other night, and satiated that with a scoop of jello (sugar free, 10 cal. per serving). Not sure how that is going to work in! My husband and I are doing the program together but the nearest office is almost 2 hrs. away (we are doing mail order)! We shall see what this Sat. brings - end of our second week so we are going to do each others measurements! All take care and have a good day! :-)
Someone may have already suggested ( I haven't read down yet) you can mix 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal with how ever much cottage cheese you are allowed with a couple packs of Splenda and a dash of cinnamon and nuke it for a few, surprisingly good. Try is once and you will see how good it is if you like oatmeal. For pancakes 1 egg, 2 oz. cottage cheese, 1/8 c uncooked oatmeal, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 packs splenda, cinnamon blend in blender till smooth, pour in sprayed pan and cook like a pancake. I make an extra scrambled egg to go with mine (I am on the beige menu) I spray ICBINB on the pancake and its good. Its your starch and protein. The french toast is 1 egg beat with a pack or two of Splenda, cinnamon, let a 50 or below calorie bread soak it all up the cook in skillet like french toast. I make another scrambled egg to go with this. I spray it with ICBINB and there's you starch and protein.
Closed Thread