Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 248/237.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Re Bragg's: I got them at Whole Foods, but you should be able to find them in a health food store with seasonings/sauces. You can google for more info...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #452  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

Oh, NEEMO...Question on the homemade protein drinks. I bought some Vanilla flavored Whey Protein from the Vitamin Shoppe. Here's the breakdown.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 SCOOP
Servings Per Container 37

Amount Per
Serving % Daily
Value

Calories 100 N/A*
Calories From Fat 10 N/A*
Total Fat 1.5 Gm 2%
Saturated Fat 1 Gm 5%

Total Carbohydrate 3 Gm 1%
Dietary Fiber 0 N/A*
Sugars 1 Gm N/A*
Protein 17 Gm 34%

Other Ingredients:
Cross flow microfiltered whey protein concentrate, natural and artificial flavor, hydrolyzed whey protein, L-glutamine, dipotassium phosphate, soy lecithin, sucralose (SPLENDA Brand). Contains Milk and Soy.

Does your protein drink compare to that?? If so, do you do anything different (as far as not drinking as much) b/c there is 1.5 grams of fat, when the MRC drinks have no fat?? Sorry if this is too much info to read, but I wanted to ask what you thought. Thanks.
First off - glad you're feeling better!!!
I think the scoop sizes probably vary from brand to brand. I actually have plain unflavored whey protein (I also had some ancient vanilla protein that I've used for hot cocoa a time or two). I focus on the protein & calories - mine has 21g of protein per scoop (a scoop is 28g) - to get it down to about 12g I only use about 2/3 scoop of the plain. Comes to around 70 calories. With yours I'd use about 3/4 scoop to get 12g of protein. 75 calories. I wouldn't worry so much about the 1 gram of fat - that's only 9 calories - less than that since you won't use a whole scoop. With the calories, tho, Hope this is making sense - I'm listening to "Idol" at the same time I'm trying to figure this out!

Last edited by Meemo; 04-02-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #453  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of just backing down the scoop size. I just bought a bunch more HNS from MRC b/c they had their little buy 10 get wafers free and I'm a sucker for that crap (even though I know I can still get it cheaper elsewhere). So..I'll be fitting my vanilla whey in here and there among my other HNS. I do like the taste of the vanilla and the fact that it's more "shake" like and not just liquidy, kwim?? I definitely won't need to buy any more drinks anytime soon. I have about 20 boxes (or more) of HNS, a whole case of Crystal Lite to mix w/the the whey protein, plus the whey itself if I don't want to mix it. I'm good 'til the end of my plan I think! That's about 12 weeks away. Oh, I hope I taped Idol b/c I wanted to see Dolly Parton. I accidentally found out who they kicked off Biggest Loser (went to the website). I figured it wouldn't say yet b/c the west coast viewers haven't seen the end yet, but I guess they posted anyway. Oh, well. I'll still watch just to see how it went.

Gotta get some sleep..Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
First off - glad you're feeling better!!!
I think the scoop sizes probably vary from brand to brand. I actually have plain unflavored whey protein (I also had some ancient vanilla protein that I've used for hot cocoa a time or two). I focus on the protein & calories - mine has 21g of protein per scoop (a scoop is 28g) - to get it down to about 12g I only use about 2/3 scoop of the plain. Comes to around 70 calories. With yours I'd use about 3/4 scoop to get 12g of protein. 75 calories. I wouldn't worry so much about the 1 gram of fat - that's only 9 calories - less than that since you won't use a whole scoop. With the calories, tho, Hope this is making sense - I'm listening to "Idol" at the same time I'm trying to figure this out!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #454  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by op140 View Post
I'm going to be facing my first real challenge and could use some help. I'm making a road trip (10 hour drive) to vist a friend for the weekend. I already told him I'm watching carbs, so I'm hoping that will help. The Center advised me to bring along the fiber HNS and the fat/carb blocker. Any other helpful advice? Also -- what kinds of things are good to pack in the car for meals & snacks? I don't want to spend the time having meals in sit-down restaurants along the way & fast food places can be too challenging. Ideas???
Arby's is a good place for a fast-food lunch - their Martha's Vineyard salad has chopped apple, grilled chicken - it's a little heavy on fruit because it also has dried cranberries but you can kinda eat around them. Take your own MRC dressing or eat it without. Or a chicken caesar salad from Wendy's - again, take your own dressing & take some apples for your lunchtime fruit.
Otherwise, a cooler comes in handy for taking your own salad or some cottage cheese, raw broccoli & cauliflower (or some cold roasted asparagus) & an apple.
The chocolate crispies HNS are a great choice for traveling - you're only supposed to have them twice a week but one on the way there, one on the way back. Don't know what kind of snacks are allowed on the beige menu (no snacking on the green menu), but a little cooler comes in handy for snacks. And for some premixed HNS.
If you tend to bloat during car trips (like I do), remember that taking an extra B6 can help with that (and drinking extra water).
Have fun!

Last edited by Meemo; 04-02-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #455  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

[QUOTE=jeweliek;2125803]You are doing wonderfully.....but here is what I do for meals

Breakfast: rotate these staples
1 oz cheese with 1 egg mix and brown in pan to make a fried egg sandwich - I love this, but because of the cheese only have it once every other week.

French Toast with additional Egg

Oatmeal Pancakes

Deviled Eggs

Egg Salad with Melba Crackers to dunk into it

Jeweliek...I made the Oatmeal Pancakes this morning!!! All I can say is: YUMMY!!!! Guess changing things up a bit isn't a bad thing!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #456  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Restaurant Question

Wow. I'm never going to catch up.

I just wanted to check in and say ~ I got measured yesterday and I have lost a total of 15 inches since the start!! This explains why the size 20 good black pants are what I can wear for my interview today!

My home scale said I was down 20 full pounds yesterday morning, but when I got to the center, it was only 1/2 pound down from last time, making me an even 18 pounds lost so far. I am hoping to sign the 20 pound board on Saturday.

The new job (hoping I get it!!) is in a building that has a food court with a Subway and a Panda, among other things. Does anyone regularly eat OP at either of these restaurants? I thought I would bring a piece of fruit for lunch when I go to work, but probably get a salad and meat from Subway on several days a week. Panda will probably be too high sodium for frequent visiting... if there's anyone who regularly has to eat out, let me know what you do? I used to eat out a lot but have mostly avoided restaurants since going OP.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
Wow. I'm never going to catch up.

I just wanted to check in and say ~ I got measured yesterday and I have lost a total of 15 inches since the start!! This explains why the size 20 good black pants are what I can wear for my interview today!

My home scale said I was down 20 full pounds yesterday morning, but when I got to the center, it was only 1/2 pound down from last time, making me an even 18 pounds lost so far. I am hoping to sign the 20 pound board on Saturday.

The new job (hoping I get it!!) is in a building that has a food court with a Subway and a Panda, among other things. Does anyone regularly eat OP at either of these restaurants? I thought I would bring a piece of fruit for lunch when I go to work, but probably get a salad and meat from Subway on several days a week. Panda will probably be too high sodium for frequent visiting... if there's anyone who regularly has to eat out, let me know what you do? I used to eat out a lot but have mostly avoided restaurants since going OP.

Thanks for any help.
Congratulations on the inches and the 18 lbs. I hope you get the job! I have not ventured too far on the eating out yet. But Subway seems like it would work. I ate at a church function last night and it was impossible to stay on plan. I hope my WI today is not too bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #458  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Ladies..and Donuts..and Tim (where are you?)...I have some awesome news!
Even with all the oral surgery, medicine, and portion limitations that I have been dealing with, I lost 1 pound since Saturday! I didn't want to wi today, but my favorite counselor was in tonight, and it was my measurement day...I have lost 84.5 total body inches! Amazing, and all in just 5 months! I am looking to sign the 80 pound board by Saturday/Monday (depending on which day I make it in to the center). I am so happy right now, floating on cloud nine
Great Job! You must be thrilled. Hearing about your success is such inspiration. Keep up the great work!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #459  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone, I weighed in today and lost 2.5 lbs! I am on day 5 of the Meta slim menu. I have lost 7.5 lbs including my preconditioning. I have never lost weight this quick! I am thrilled!
Welcome to all of the new members. I am still new to this plan, but it really works!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #460  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hey everyone,

I had my WI today and was down another 1.5 pounds and have lost 34 inches. That's 16.5 pounds and 34 inches in 1 month. YAY!!!! That is too cool!!!

Good luck to all who are yet to WI and Congrats to all the Losers!!!
Wow! That is awesome.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #461  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Cheese

I have noticed that several people have said that they don't have cheese for breakfast. Why is this? I have an egg, cheese toast every morning. Almost.
Do you guys know something that I don't? Also, did someone say that you can only have a creamy a couple times a week? I have one every morning when I get to work. I love the cappicino.(spell??) anyway, I just feel like I have hit my first plateau. I need a little jump start. Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #462  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post

Thanks for any help.
Congrats on the 18!

Now what I know about Subway.....make sure that you get enough on everything. In one of our food classes, the teacher went and asked for a salad (chicken breast). It had 2 oz of chicken and I believe 4 oz of veggies as they made it. She just had them make the salad as they would normally if someone ordered thru drive thru. Make sure you double the meat (or triple if you need to) and add lots of veggies so you get 8 oz!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #463  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Hello all! I am new to this forum stuff but am looking forward to it! I have just returned to MRC for the 3rd time! The first time worked like a charm, I lost 65 lbs.! Since then, have had a couple of surgeries and retired from the militray! I attempted a second but fell off! I lost the drive and motivation, it seemed that there just was'nt enough time for the preperation/planning needed! Well, it's time! This time, my husband and I are doing the program together, he has been great! We just joined back up a little over a week ago! His weight loss the first week was an amazing 15 lbs.! I am pleased to say I lost 5 which is just the beginning. I am looking forward to my old self! I am looking forward to chatting with you all! Good luck to all on our journey!
and good luck to both of you.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #464  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Hi everyone, I weighed in today and lost 2.5 lbs! I am on day 5 of the Meta slim menu. I have lost 7.5 lbs including my preconditioning. I have never lost weight this quick! I am thrilled!
Welcome to all of the new members. I am still new to this plan, but it really works!
Great Job! Isn't it great when you find something that works for you!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #465  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I have noticed that several people have said that they don't have cheese for breakfast. Why is this? I have an egg, cheese toast every morning. Almost.
Do you guys know something that I don't? Also, did someone say that you can only have a creamy a couple times a week? I have one every morning when I get to work. I love the cappicino.(spell??) anyway, I just feel like I have hit my first plateau. I need a little jump start. Any ideas?
Jump starting a plateau is exactly why there are variations. For me, if I have cheese every morning I hit a plateau. When I started cutting it out, it was MUCH BETTER! I still lose slowly right now, but I am not stalled.
Closed Thread