Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #61  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
UGH! WI this AM and still no loss. I know, I shouldn't get discouraged, but it's getting a little difficult. Since March 1, I've lost 2.5 lbs, since the 3rd I've lost 1 lb and I lost nothing in the last week at all. So for the last month I've lost 3.5lbs. Today is day 29 so they should do measurements @ my next appointment. I'm sure that will make me feel better b/c I KNOW my clothes are fitting better and I'm sure I've lost more inches! However, I'm quite a bit discouraged.

Now, here's the A-HA moment and the personal sabatoge I've got going on! I have not been able to give up regular coffee yet. I go back and forth between the regular and decaf. I also still add a bit of creamer. I KNOW THIS IS TOTALLY NOT OP! I just HAVE to stop but haven't been able to. It just bothers me, though, that those are 2 things I have not changed in addition to all the others that I HAVE changed! I know that could slow me down, but seriously, when you consider the caloric intake on this diet, I should still be losing weight! It's not like I'm still eating all the bad foods. I've been totally OP for 3 days (minus the coffee, that is) and have had several good bathroom trips (sorry, I know TMI) and still no loss!

Okay, I'm done with my pity party..

Crystal...I know how you fell! UGH!
Life's picking on us huh? It's gonna turn around! Chant with me here: We're gonna have a great WI! We're gonna have a GREAT WI!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-17-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #62  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default Thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
This is the main site with pod casts and so on....
http://c25k.com/

if you click on the coolrunnings site....this is the one I did (8 weeks) and there is plenty of info on the site!
Thanks a ton!! The 1/2 marathon is on April 6th so I don't think I am going to have a chance to train enough to run it but I do think I am going to walk it at least. I hope. We will see.

Thanks for the info. and congrats on your 5k accomplishment.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #63  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
3monkeysmomma - I made up a smoothie the other day that I think you would love! It's based on Meemo's. I used 6 oz of Cannifields Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge soda, 4 oz of cottage cheese (increase depending on your amount of protein allowed), 1 pkt of Double Chocolate HNS and frozen raspberries (for lunch only - substitute ice for breakfast). Oh my goodness, it was like drinking a decadant milkshake - yummy!

I use my pampered chef crinkle cutter and make the zucchini chips (pg 174 of MRC cookbook) with zucchini & squash. I also add just a touch of sea salt - I like the McCormick sea salt grinders.

Sweet & salty - my downfalls! Just have to find OP ways to feed the addiciton!
I have never seen Cannifields Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge soda,(never heard of cannifields) I wonder if we have it anywhere around here, I will have to look around for it so I can try that. I don't have a cookbook yet but I am definatley going to find a PC crinkle cutter, I also have the sea salt grinder. I am such a variety person so I get so excited when I find things I like, lol.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
3monkeysmomma - Where did you find the taco shell pan? I would be interested in trying that.
I found it at Ross's, do you have a Ross's? It came two in a set in a small box for $6.99.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
3monkeysmomma - WOW Look at you go! 21 pounds already! You're awesome!
I put a little note on my sig 12 of those pounds I lost on my own Jan-Feb, but it is still an accomplishment that I wanted them counted, I have lost 9 pounds on MRC, 2 during preconditioning and after that, but I have alot more to lose than you do. Your so cute when you reach your goal your gonna be one hot momma! So don't give up.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #66  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I might have an extra crinkle cutter...LM check on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I have never seen Cannifields Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge soda,(never heard of cannifields) I wonder if we have it anywhere around here, I will have to look around for it so I can try that. I don't have a cookbook yet but I am definatley going to find a PC crinkle cutter, I also have the sea salt grinder. I am such a variety person so I get so excited when I find things I like, lol.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #67  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Rocki - I just got back from WI and told the consultant that one of the many things I never want to go back to is...COFFEE! What an addictive hold it had on me! And, it set me up to roller coaster through my day with the 3:00 crash. It's a bear to get off it but it sure is nice once you are!

Jewelie - Congrats on the 40# board - way to go! I'm hoping to join you soon!

I made the cottage cheese/HNS shake for breakfast this morning. I don't think I'll do that again - I'm STARVING! I went shopping just to distract myself from my hunger and am counting off minutes to lunchtime. I'm finding that cottage cheese just doesn't stick with me very long, whether breakfast or lunch. Ugh.

Down half a pound at my WI this morning, which I was okay with, given the bite (or two) of cheesecake I ate on Saturday. Oh well, back to it I go with hopes to join Jewelie on Friday! Just need 2.6 more!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #68  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Rocki - I just got back from WI and told the consultant that one of the many things I never want to go back to is...COFFEE! What an addictive hold it had on me! And, it set me up to roller coaster through my day with the 3:00 crash. It's a bear to get off it but it sure is nice once you are!

Jewelie - Congrats on the 40# board - way to go! I'm hoping to join you soon!

I made the cottage cheese/HNS shake for breakfast this morning. I don't think I'll do that again - I'm STARVING! I went shopping just to distract myself from my hunger and am counting off minutes to lunchtime. I'm finding that cottage cheese just doesn't stick with me very long, whether breakfast or lunch. Ugh.

Down half a pound at my WI this morning, which I was okay with, given the bite (or two) of cheesecake I ate on Saturday. Oh well, back to it I go with hopes to join Jewelie on Friday! Just need 2.6 more!
Congrats on your 1/2 loss!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #69  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I was looking at my ticker this morning and it finally hit me. I am 9.5 lbs away from ONEderland! (ticker doesn't show halves...I am 208.5). WHOA!

Last edited by MSTeacher; 03-17-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #70  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Good morning ladies! I went to wi this morning and am down 1 pound since Saturday! I'm Ok with that! I got to sign the 40# board. I also got a freebie from the swap basket for wearing green. Nope, not Irish, but boy do I love green.

I also went to a personal trainer for the first time this morning so that I can do some weight training with my cardio. I want to learn as much as I can.....I bought 12 sessions, 1 a week (Mondays). They will make routines for me. I just follow them and ask questions so that I can learn.

My boys are home all week on Spring Break. Since I work from home, this poses some issues, but all in all is fun. I bought Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii and we have been having a blast!
Congratulations on the 40# board!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #71  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

I weighed in last Friday and was down another 2lbs. Woo-Hoo. Congrats to everyone on their losses. I have not been good at keeping up on the boards with my grandma being sick and my sister's wedding.

I have to report though that her wedding was last Saturday, 3-15-08, and we all had a wonderful time. I felt like a princess in my dress and recv'd so many wonderful compliments. I actually felt guilty for taking some of the attention away from the bride.

I will try to catch up with all the post later tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #72  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Jewlie-- you inspired me to get off my lazy butt and do some exercise. I walked on Sat for an hour pushing my little boy in his stroller, rode my bike for 45 yesterday while towing my little boy in a trail behind bike carrier, and this AM I lifted weights for 30 min and did the elliptical for 25. I am pooped. I have drank more water than ever before. When I work out I crave it. I just took some "Endurox Excel". It is a supp that I get at GNC. It helps your body to burn fat instead of carbs when you are working out. (ie if you ate carbs before you went to workout). But more importantly it really helps your muscles not to get sore (less lactic acid build up). Therefore your muscles also hold onto less water. I was up for the first time OP this AM. Just a 1/2lb but I know it was water from my legs being sore from my workouts. My husband uses the EE as well. We both swear by it, especially if you haven't workout in a while (you normally get real sore for the next week). I can't remember who got a Personal Trainer a couple weeks ago, but this would help tremendously with the pain and of course water retention. It is $17 a pack (I believe for 24 servings). Less if you are a GNC member.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #73  

I tried the cottage cheese smoothie with a hot chocolate HNS,put 6 oz cottage cheese, 2 splenda packs, bit of vanilla extract, 4 oz water, 4oz ice, HNS, not a fan It looked pretty, so creamy and smooth and chocolatey but
it had way too much of a wang. I even added more splenda, didn't help. So I'm thinking chocolate is definately a NO. I guess its only good with a fruity type HNS that has a tang to offset the wang, lol. I just don't like orange anything, maybe Ill try grape or something I was really wanting a yummy something at breakfast so I could save my eggs and cheese for lunch. Oh well, *sigh* I got a little of it down but not much, had to grab a boiled egg and have that and ditch the smoothie. Does the mixed berry concentrate taste a little mediciney (sure it can be a word) to anyone else? I'll drink it, they're expensive, but don't think that one is a favorite.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #74  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Well today wasn't really that great. I was up 1/2 a pound and honestly don't know why. I have not cheated at all since I started, and trust me I've been tempted. I took my dd to the movies and the popcorn smell almost took me out. Then she had Mickey D's along with ds and dh. Man, that was hard. Then to get there and be up even if it's a small amount kind of made me mad. She did the fancy scale this time and I was down in fat and bmi and all that and lost 18 inches. I just want the scale to go on down too.

She did tell me I was holding 2-3 pounds of water which I can't understand because I'm drinking the 100 oz and then a little more. She said not to go over 110 no matter what. Oh well, hopefully next time will be better.

Everyone have happy WI.

Oh I almost forgot. I've been having 1 creamy a day. Do you think this may be some of the problem?

Last edited by exsquisit; 03-17-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #75  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Vitamin Question

For those of you who buy vitamins and herbal supps from somewhere other than MRC I need some advice. I have a coupon for the Vitam Shoppe that's good until March 31. I really like the people there as they're always very helpful. Do you know what to look for that compares to MRCs products? Esp something like the Cort-Trim, MRC-6 & the Enhancer? I'd like to get those with the coupon if I can. PLMK whatever info you have. TIA!
Closed Thread