Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #136  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

I am at the start of my second week of MRC and love, love, love this recipe thread!! I think having these yummy recipes makes meal time so much more exciting. Just a few questions/comments:

ShineOn: YOU LOOK AWESOME. What an inspiration. Congratulations on your success.

Thelish: I want to try your Asian Meatballs recipe. It sounds fabulous. One question...the glaze calls for Peach Mango Concentrate. Does MRC make this in a concentrate? I have only seen it in powder form. I was just curious.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #137  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Compliments of dla

The following is a recipe that I had for chicken hummus from a spa that I go to every year. You would have to scale it way back to be on plan, because a serving of garbanzo beans is 1/4 cup.

8 oz CHICKEN BREAST, COOKED
2 C GARBANZO BEANS, COOKED
4 GARLIC SEGMENTS
2 T OLIVE OIL
1/4 C WATER
1/4 C FRESH CILANTRO, MINCED
1/4 C FRESH LEMON JUICE

pinch SALT

Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.

Puree till smooth, (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).

Add cilantro, and diced chicken. Mix and chill till ready to serve.

Tip: Serve very cold for optimum flavor.

Compliments of dla - Thanks Denise
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #138  
Dixie

Another tahini free Hummus recipe - mmmmm

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups canned chickpeas (1 28 oz. can), drained and rinsed
2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup water
Pinch of chili pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon paprika

This came with no instructions so I will put what we do, simmer the beans on the stove for a short bit of time (20 minutes) rince and cool slightly, place garlic and lemon juice in the blender with other dry ingredients, place in blender maybe a 1/3 at a time the beans. Slowly add the water and olive oil and blend to desired consistancy.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #139  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika

This came with no instructions so I will put what we do, simmer the beans on the stove for a short bit of time (20 minutes) rince and cool slightly, place garlic and lemon juice in the blender with other dry ingredients, place in blender maybe a 1/3 at a time the beans. Slowly add the water and olive oil and blend to desired consistancy.
LOL - this came from a kid's website so the instructions were geared towards kids:

" 1. Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
2. Put all the ingredients in a blender (except the water and paprika.)
3. Use the puree setting on the blender to mix everything until it is smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, turn off the blender, and drizzle in a little water (up to 1/2 cup) and puree again until it's the right texture for dipping.
4. Turn off the blender and wait until it has completely stopped. Use a spatula to scrape all the hummus into a shallow bowl.
5. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top, and sprinkle it with paprika.
6. Clean up the kitchen before you dig into your yummy hummus dip — or as I call it, yummus! "

Yours are probably better! The more I look at it tho the more I want to try it!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #140  
Dixie

Now that's funny I didn't see that. We typically put a red asian garlic sauce on the top of it that is very hot and spicy so I'll have to see if that even fits in the plan. The fact that it is a starch kind of prevents from using a toritlla in place of the pita, hmm I think I could eat this with a spoon, a very small one since 1/4 doesn't go very far. Maybe use a turkey brat if I can manage to eat that without bread, could be quite a site eating a turkey brat spread with hummus and no bread. My mouth is watering......
Old 08-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #141  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Now that's funny I didn't see that. We typically put a red asian garlic sauce on the top of it that is very hot and spicy so I'll have to see if that even fits in the plan. The fact that it is a starch kind of prevents from using a toritlla in place of the pita, hmm I think I could eat this with a spoon, a very small one since 1/4 doesn't go very far. Maybe use a turkey brat if I can manage to eat that without bread, could be quite a site eating a turkey brat spread with hummus and no bread. My mouth is watering......
I'm thinking on celery sticks?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #142  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika

YUM! Thanks Dixie! I love hummus... I think I am getting the hang of this... Love this Receipe thread!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #143  
Dixie

This board is a life saver, I give more credit here for my success then I could possibly give to my center. The recipe thread oh yes, I'm very thankful for this one as well. Try the soft taco casserole. It's delicious. I also love fried tacos and that recipe helped me come up with a fix for that by placing the tortillia in the skillet until it has a crunchy fried like texture, just brush the tortillia with olive oil before throwing it in the skillet, cook up a batch of MRC friendly taco meat and lots of taco veggies. I use 2 ounces meat and 1 oz cheese. I usually have left over veggies but it's wonderfully satisfying for that fried taco craving.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:37 PM   #144  
Auntie Weiz

Quote:
This board is a life saver, I give more credit here for my success then I could possibly give to my center. The recipe thread oh yes, I'm very thankful for this one as well. Try the soft taco casserole. It's delicious. I also love fried tacos and that recipe helped me come up with a fix for that by placing the tortillia in the skillet until it has a crunchy fried like texture, just brush the tortillia with olive oil before throwing it in the skillet, cook up a batch of MRC friendly taco meat and lots of taco veggies. I use 2 ounces meat and 1 oz cheese. I usually have left over veggies but it's wonderfully satisfying for that fried taco craving.
YUM... more great ideas... thanks much!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #145  
Bringing Sassy Back

S/C/G: 232/226/130

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyMK View Post
"Fried" Chicken or Fish

Crush up Garlic (or plain) melba toast very fine. Coat your chicken breast or fish filet and pan "fry" in about a tablespoon of olive oil - I usually brush a little of egg white on the meat to make the melba stick...it is surprisingly good!
This sounds yummy! It sounds like Melba Toast will become a good friend of mine
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #146  
Bringing Sassy Back

Default Salad Dressing

Can any of you share some recipes for salad dressings, I prefer Ranch but I know it's hard to find a "good" one.
Are any of the store bought dressing O.K?

Also, I've seen the MRC dressing mentioned, and wonder what that one is also.

Thanks!!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #147  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan View Post
Can any of you share some recipes for salad dressings, I prefer Ranch but I know it's hard to find a "good" one.
Are any of the store bought dressing O.K?

Also, I've seen the MRC dressing mentioned, and wonder what that one is also.

Thanks!!
Here's a ranch dressing from my center:
12 oz Low-fat cottage cheese
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch mix
2 to 4 oz of water

Blend and serve.

Haven't made it yet but plan to this week.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #148  
Bringing Sassy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
2 to 4 oz of water

Blend and serve.

I have to try that!
Thanks!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #149  
Auntie Weiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
2 to 4 oz of water

Blend and serve.

Rdy2lose I made this dressing over the weekend. It is really yummy. I didn't even know we could use the Hidden Valley Ranch mix... wonderful!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #150  
Shannon

Default Chocolate Cheesecake

YUMMO! And it was a huge portion. I loved it. I will take the advice of making the regular flavor next time. One thing, it never totally solidified. It was still pretty jiggly. Kida of like jello, not runny. Is that right? I wonder if it would be good in the freezer?
Closed Thread