1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
˝ package taco seasoning mix
3 cups water
1 can low sodium beef stock
1 envelope chicken bullion soup HNS
1 envelope Beef and Vegetable soup HNS
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

In a stockpot, combine water, beef stock, taco seasoning mix, and onion flakes, and both supplements. Bring to a boil. In a separate pan, sauté zucchini in the olive oil 5 minutes or until it takes on some color. Add to liquid in stockpot. Brown the ground beef, rinse under water when browned, and add to stockpot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese and heat through.

Berry Berry Smoothie

6 oz. cottage cheese
˝ cup frozen blackberries
1 Mixed Berry HNS mixed with 4 oz. water
Ice cubes

Blend everything in the blender. Have for lunch with a salad.

MRC Squash Casserole

8 oz. stewed squash (drained of all liquid)
1 to 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg, whipped
4 melba toast rectangles (crushed, but not too small)
2 tsp. dehydrated onion flakes (My center says this is okay.)
Salt and pepper to taste
ICBINB Spray

Spray a small casserole dish with ICBINB spray. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into prepared casserole. Spray top with ISBINB Spray. Bake on 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until the egg is set and the top is slightly browned.

This made two servings. Each serving counts as 4oz. cooked vegetables and 2 oz. protein (depending on how much cheese you use). Some people don't each cheese at dinner, but I have since the beginning and I haven't had any adverse effects yet.

Chicken Dijon

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. Dijonnaise Creamy Dijon Mustard

Wash and dry chicken breasts. Coat chicken breasts with the 2 tbsp. of Dijonnaise. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear. The Dijonnaise helps to keep the chicken moist.

Halibut Dijonnaise

2 halibut fillets (4 oz. each)
2 oz. baby shrimp
8 oz. artichoke hearts, marinated
2 tbsp. Dijonnaise Creamy Dijon Mustard (watered down until pourable)
2 oz. shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese
Sea Salt and pepper to taste

Place halibut fillets in baking pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Cover with shrimp, artichokes, and 1 tbsp Dijonnaise. Sprinke on cheese. Bake preheated oven 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish is firm and cheese is brown and melted. Each may be baked individually in separate dishes. Drain excess liquids before serving.
This makes two servings.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #77  
Sue

Hi Lori.....I just joined this site, and joined MRC 3 weeks ago....and just found some of your recipes,! Wow! you made my day!!! I really like the program, but I think because everything is so new to me, I was kind of rushing making meals and not making them very appealing.....but after I read a few of your recipes I was greatly encouraged! Glad I found them! Thanks again!!! Sue
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #78  
Sue

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post
Every Sunday I have cottage cheese with about 1-2 tsp of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing seasoning. I mix it up and yum!!!!! Salt craving solved!

Also for salt cravings:
Parmesan Crunch
I think this is in the cookbook, but this is how I made it last night.
Spray bottom of frying pan with ICBIN Butter Spray. Spread 2-3 oz (or however much you need to make up your protein) on bottom of pan. Heat on medium heat. When Parmesan become solidified and slightly brown on bottom, flip over and slightly brown other side. Cut into strips or eat it whole. Satisfies potato chip craving every time.

Poultry Cauliflower Soup

I came up with this after looking at all the other soups in the cookbook.
16 oz bag of cauliflower
12 oz cooked chicken or turkey breast meat
2 packets chicken bouillon HNS

Add 1 1/2 cups of water to cauliflower. Add both chicken bouillon packets. Heat to boiling then simmer for 10 minutes. Add poultry. Simmer for about 20 more minutes. You probably want to add some MRS. Dash to spice it up and maybe 1/4 cup diced green onions. I am going to try Mrs. Dash Tomato and Basil in it. I can't have a lot of spicy stuff so I eat it bland. I serve it when most of the water has evaporated. It is soooo filling! You can dip your Melba Toast in it at supper time for "crackers"

By the Way, my Sunday paper actually had a coupon for Melba Toast in it this week! NEVER seen that before!
Hi....I just joined Metabolic Research Center almost 3 weeks ago, and just some of the recipes you posted, great! I'm anxious to try them, they sound wonderful. I have to admit I haven't been very creative, guess all of the prep has me a little frazzled, maybe it's more getting used to the 3 meals and what they consist of. I really like MRC so far, but the protein drinks are pretty pricey, do you know if I could add protein powder to Crystal Light? If it had the same nutritional value? Anyway...this seems like a wonderful support group here, and I'm so glad I found both MRC and "3 fat chicks"! There is hope!!!! Thanks again for so generously posting the recipes, I'll let you know what I'm going to try and how it was. Sue
Old 07-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #79  
Sue

Hi...I just joined MRC 3 weeks ago, and was searching for recipes and by some stoke of luck (since I still am unsure of how to operate this site) found some of yours....they are great!!!! I just found 3 fat chicks quite by accident a few days ago, and am very impressed with all the support the members give others. I'm so grateful that you posted some of your recipes, I'm having kind of a difficult time being creative, you've been a great help! Thanks again....Sue
Old 07-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #80  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue5184 View Post
I really like MRC so far, but the protein drinks are pretty pricey, do you know if I could add protein powder to Crystal Light? If it had the same nutritional value?
Welcome! That's exactly what I do these days (I'm not signed up with MRC anymore) - I mix plain unflavored whey protein powder with Crystal Light or diet Ocean Spray or similar drinks. I also use egg whites sometimes (the pasteurized ones in the carton) - once I hit on the egg white idea I use half egg white & half protein powder. You just have to do a little math to figure how much of each to use to come up with about 15 grams of protein.

You still have to buy some of your drinks from MRC (basically the minimum of 2/day) - that's required by your contract - but if you want additional ones you can make your own. The taste and texture won't be quite the same, but I haven't had a problem with them. As you read on you'll find other sources for the drinks online, but I prefer just making my own anymore.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #81  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Vanilla Meal Replacement Shake Recipe Ideas

Peach Mango Sensation

1-Vanilla Meal Replacement Shake
1-Peach/Mango HNS
1-12oz can of Diet Rite Red Raspberry Soda
Ice & Additional water as needed

Place everything in blender and enjoy

Pina Colada MRC Style

1-Pineapple Cocktail HNS
1 tsp. rum extract
1 tsp. coconut extract
16 oz of water

Creamcicle

1-Orange HNS
1-12oz can of Diet Rite Tangerine
Ice & Waer as needed

Wildberry Splash

1-Wildberry Passion HNS
1-12oz can Diet Rite Red Raspberry
Splash of Diet Rite Tangerine (optional)

Vanilla Waffles (or pancakes if you don't have a waffle iron)

Take the Vanilla replacement shake and add less water (approx 6 oz). It will make a bater. Pour the batter into your waffle iron (or skillet). There's your waffle (or pancake)!!

Maple Syrup: 2 drops Maple Extract
2 Tbs Water
1 Tbs Splenda
Mix together and microwave for 7-10 seconds

Last edited by Rocki; 07-15-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #82  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Orange Delite

This came out tasting like an orange sherbert smoothy - really hit the spot for a hot day.

(MRC cookbook pg 211)
1 pkg vanilla cream pudding supplement
1 pkg orange supplement
1 small orange sectioned
16 oz orange diet soda (I used Diet Rite tangerine)
5 or so ice cubes (I like a little more)

Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth and pour into chilled glass. Chill before serving (yea right! - it was great right out of the blender)

Servings: 2 (yes, I had the whole thing - not giving up my whole fruit option, just counts as 2 HNS. I did have tuna as a low calorie protein option)
Meal: Lunch
Beginning: Meta-Slim Day 11
Meta-Slim Plus Day 5
Replaces: 1 fruit serving, 1 creamy supplement, 1 HNS, 8 oz diet soda

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-15-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #83  
Sandy

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/148 to 151

Height: 5'4"

Default Breakfast Idea

Here is my usual breakfast creation. I make it all the time, and I have seen some interest in it on the "Take 22" board, so here it is -

1/2 c egg whites
1/4 c oatmeal
Cinnamon to taste
Splenda to taste
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all of the above ingriedients. Pour into a preheated nonstick skillet. Cook on Medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. It will look like a big pancake. Flip over and cook for another minute or less, just to cook all the egg.

Plate and enjoy!
I usually spray with ICBNB and a little more splenda/cinnamon.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 183.5/183.5/130.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
Here is my usual breakfast creation. I make it all the time, and I have seen some interest in it on the "Take 22" board, so here it is -

1/2 c egg whites
1/4 c oatmeal
Cinnamon to taste
Splenda to taste
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all of the above ingriedients. Pour into a preheated nonstick skillet. Cook on Medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. It will look like a big pancake. Flip over and cook for another minute or less, just to cook all the egg.

Plate and enjoy!
I usually spray with ICBNB and a little more splenda/cinnamon.

Sandy what is ICBNB? I tried this because I am out of food in the house, and I didn't want to skip breakfast. It was amazingly like a pancake. I will eat this when I make the kids and hubby pancakes. Thanks so much..
Old 07-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Welcome! That's exactly what I do these days (I'm not signed up with MRC anymore) - I mix plain unflavored whey protein powder with Crystal Light or diet Ocean Spray or similar drinks. I also use egg whites sometimes (the pasteurized ones in the carton) - once I hit on the egg white idea I use half egg white & half protein powder. You just have to do a little math to figure how much of each to use to come up with about 15 grams of protein.

You still have to buy some of your drinks from MRC (basically the minimum of 2/day) - that's required by your contract - but if you want additional ones you can make your own. The taste and texture won't be quite the same, but I haven't had a problem with them. As you read on you'll find other sources for the drinks online, but I prefer just making my own anymore.
Where do you get the whey protein? Is it a powder? Are the egg whites a powder or liquid.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 AM   #86  
Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betcoleen View Post

Sandy what is ICBNB? I tried this because I am out of food in the house, and I didn't want to skip breakfast. It was amazingly like a pancake. I will eat this when I make the kids and hubby pancakes. Thanks so much..
Betcoleen-
Sorry for the delay in this reply. I just checked the recipe thread again tonight. Hopefully, someone else told you, but just incase -
ICBNB = I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (spray butter). We are allowed this in moderation. I use it to make the Cinnamon Splenda stick to the top of the "pancake". Also, Walden Farms has an amazing pancake syrup which is great on this. Perfect if hubby and kids are having pancakes - then you won't feel like you are missing out. Word of Caution though - I bought it and used it and then my center told me it's not on program. Why, I don't know since the Walden Farms dressings are allowed. Go figure.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #87  
Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betcoleen View Post
Where do you get the whey protein? Is it a powder? Are the egg whites a powder or liquid.
Check the site:
www.mydietshopz.com
They have the HNS (high nutrient supplements) if you want to order some, but they also have a large bottle of the unflavored whey protien that would be perfect to mix with Crystal Light to make your own HNS. There are a few other places that some other MRC'ers have listed, but I have shopped and bought from this one and have found their customer service to be AWESOME.
Good Luck!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #88  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Default How to Boil an Egg!

Thanks to our friend strawberryrhubarbpie!!!

Mr. Breakfast's How to Boil An Egg
The following instructions are for large eggs.
HARD-BOILED
Note: Extremely fresh eggs are not recommended when making hard-boiled eggs. They are very difficult to peel. This is the best use for eggs (ah ha that explains it! I never knew!!)

1. Remove desired number of eggs from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Place eggs in a small sauce pan and add just enough water to completely cover eggs. (Note: the smaller the pan; the less room the eggs have to jump around and crack into each other).
3. Bring the water to a rolling boil. Covering the pan will lead to a quicker boil and is recommended.
4. Immediately reduce heat to simmer and remove the cover from the pan.
5. Let the eggs sit in the simmering water for 12 minutes. (11 minutes for medium eggs; 13 minutes extra-large eggs)
6. Carefully remove the pan from the stove top and place beneath the kitchen faucet. Run cool water into the pan for a minute until the water is cool to the touch. Give each egg a little whack to the side of the pan, so each egg has one or two cracks. Some will tell you that this lets pent-up sulphur escape. More practically, this allows a little steam to build between the cooked egg and its shell to make peeling easier. Let the eggs sit in the cool water for 2 to 5 minutes.
7. To peel the Mr Breakfast way: Place hard-boiled egg on a hard surface such as a cutting board. Roll the egg back and forth - applying a very slight amount of pressure. Remove the cracked shell beneath a faucet of cool running water.
8. If peeling multiple eggs, place peeled eggs in a bowl of cold water while you work the others. Refrigerating peeled eggs is not recommended. Hard-boiled eggs - still in their shell - can be stored in a refrigerator for 5 days.

Quick & Dirty Method Of Hard-Boiling

When Mr Breakfast was in college, a vibrant yellow yolk wasn't nearly as important to him as chasing skirts and getting stoned on beer. I - me being him - would simply bring water to a boil, place my eggs in the water and remove them all when the first crack appeared in any one of the eggs. The eggs would naturally be slightly over-cooked. But the negative effect of slight-overcooking was one of appearance. The yolk was more of an off-yellow, just-short-of-green color. The eggs still tasted great.

What's Up With Green Yolks? Is That Bad?

A greenish grey film will form on the surface of the yolk when the temperature of the yolk exceeds 158 degrees Fahrenheit. This discoloration is not unhealthful. It's just a visual indicator of a natural chemical reaction... hydrogen sulphide from amino acids in the white of your egg (or albumen) is reacting with iron from the yolk which causes a film of ferrous sulphide to form on the yolk's surface. If the film is thin, your egg will still taste fine.

Why Do You Say Fresh Eggs Are Harder To Peel Than Older Ones?

I'm not a scientist, in the pompous go-to-science-college sense of the word, but I have a theory. Egg shells are what those fancy scientists call "porous". Basically, that means it has tiny microscopic holes that allow the egg to absorb air. I believe that the air that enters the egg over time creates - what I call - "a little wall of air" between the egg and its shell. Super fresh eggs have hardly any little wall of air at all. Therefore, the egg is all smooshed up against the shell. In the end, it's like a shoe. A tight shoe is hard to remove. A shoe with some room slips right off. Wow, maybe I am a scientist. Is there a test I can take?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by namaste; 07-22-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #89  

Quote:
Check the site:
www.mydietshopz.com
They have the HNS (high nutrient supplements) if you want to order some, but they also have a large bottle of the unflavored whey protien that would be perfect to mix with Crystal Light to make your own HNS. There are a few other places that some other MRC'ers have listed, but I have shopped and bought from this one and have found their customer service to be AWESOME.
Good Luck!
Thanks Sandy this is great information- I will try them.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #90  

Cool

Quote:
Check the site:
www.mydietshopz.com
Good Luck!
Quote:
Betcoleen-
Sorry for the delay in this reply. I just checked the recipe thread again tonight. Hopefully, someone else told you, but just incase -
ICBNB = I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (spray butter). We are allowed this in moderation. I use it to make the Cinnamon Splenda stick to the top of the "pancake". Also, Walden Farms has an amazing pancake syrup which is great on this. Perfect if hubby and kids are having pancakes - then you won't feel like you are missing out. Word of Caution though - I bought it and used it and then my center told me it's not on program. Why, I don't know since the Walden Farms dressings are allowed. Go figure.
Thanks Sandy. I was wondering what that meant. I need to get some and the Walden Farms sounds great too. I appreciate the information.
Closed Thread