Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #256  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Our Greeley MRC Center started a maintenance cooking class and the recipes look yummy! I've posted some on the maintenance thread, but two actually can be used while still on the regular green menu. Here they are:

Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
1 bunch cilantro
1 diced green bell pepper
1 cup diced tomatoes - optional
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and chill before serving. (For maintenance, can add 1 cup diced carrot and 1/2 cup diced red onion). They did not give us the number of servings, so I would weigh as for raw veggies. As for the olive oil, 1 tsp. for a bag of cabbage shouldn't be too awful.

Cajun Chicken & Zucchini 'fries'
1 4 oz. chicken breast, cut in cubes
1 or 2 zucchini – cut in long strips
Butter buds
Cajun seasoning (see recipe below)
¼ cup water

Cajun Seasoning Mix – combine in ziplock bag or bowl:
2-1/2 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. sea salt
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp dried thyme

Spray grill or frying pan with Pam or ICBINB. Preheat grill or frying pan to medium/high. Lightly season zucchini with Butter Buds and place on preheated grill or pan. Cook until lightly browned but still crunchy. Remove from pan.

Place Cajun seasonings in a ziplock bag or bowl with water. Add chicken pieces and shake bag or stir in bowl until well seasoned. Place on grill or in pan and cook until browned. Again, I'd weigh the zucchini after cooking to get in the 4 oz.
This looks fantastic.i know what I am having for lunch.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Chicken Nuggets
4 oz Chicken Breast cubed
2 Melba Toast rectangles
1 1/2 t Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte

Put the Melba Toast and Mrs. Dash in a blender and crush to make bread crumbs. Place the crumbs in a ZipLoc baggie then add the cubed Chicken Breast and a little pepper. Shake to coat all the chicken well. Place these coated chicken bites on a cooling rack that is place on a cookie sheet. Spray with a little Pam and bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 min. Time will vary with the size of the Chicken Nuggets.

This can be used as Supper and is 1 protein and 1 Bread/Starch

I like these in a salad with MRC Ranch Dressing

SOUNDS YUMMY! i am making this one tonight!!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Thro the Diet direct website they now have recipes posted. Some of them are very interesting and I will try them.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqyTxTA/]
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #259  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208.8/164.8/135 - 44.0lbs down

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebaby View Post
Thro the Diet direct website they now have recipes posted. Some of them are very interesting and I will try them.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqyTxTA/]
WOW! Thanks for the update. They look great! Most of them are MRC friendly.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #260  
Lori

Default Gravy

I was curious has anyone ever made a "gravy" out of the Beef bouillon HNS?And if you have how did you thicken it and still stay OP?I am making a buffalo roast for supper and it would be great to have a gravy or aujus with it.Like the rest of my family will be having.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #261  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208.8/164.8/135 - 44.0lbs down

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanori View Post
I was curious has anyone ever made a "gravy" out of the Beef bouillon HNS?And if you have how did you thicken it and still stay OP?I am making a buffalo roast for supper and it would be great to have a gravy or aujus with it.Like the rest of my family will be having.
I don't know how this would taste but, I have some unflavored soy protein powder. There's zero carbs and high protien. What if you put something like that in it?? I don't know if that would taste or work well, but its a thought.
I'm not even sure if it is allowed, but it's better that adding flour.

I bought the soy powder at walmart. It's called Genisoy Natural Unflavored Protein Powder. One serving is: 3 well rounded tablespoons - 110 cal - 0 carbs - 25 prot. So if you just put a little bit to make it thicker, I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad. Okay, that's my suggestion
Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #262  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekotilab View Post
I don't know how this would taste but, I have some unflavored soy protein powder. There's zero carbs and high protien. What if you put something like that in it?? I don't know if that would taste or work well, but its a thought.
I'm not even sure if it is allowed, but it's better that adding flour.

I bought the soy powder at walmart. It's called Genisoy Natural Unflavored Protein Powder. One serving is: 3 well rounded tablespoons - 110 cal - 0 carbs - 25 prot. So if you just put a little bit to make it thicker, I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad. Okay, that's my suggestion
Thanks for the suggestion.I just get really tired of mustard as the only condiment to use with meats.I season my meat really well but sometimes I just miss dipping things.Maybe I will look in the MRC cookbook and see if there is anything in there.Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #263  
Frenchy

S/C/G: 198/198/125

Height: 5'4

I'm wondering if anyone has thought to have special threads for Breakfast, and then one for Desserts ect. so we can get ideas without going thru all the recipes to find what we're are looking for? I think salad dressings would be great as well.

Last edited by frenchy2; 02-19-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #264  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 208/203/156

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Default Asian Inspired Rice Substitute Cabbage Rolls

Okay, I play around with recipes all the time. I absolutely love to cook and take an ordinary meal or recipe and make it extraordinary. I am Filipino so I have to have my asian cuisine one way or another. I love rice, but for obvious reasons cannot have it. So, for the last couple days I sat around contemplating what it was that my palate was truly craving and came up with this recipe.

***WARNING***Does use low-sodium soy sauce (call it cheating or what not). However if you look at your sodium intake on your creamy, you will realize, prespectively, it's really not that bad. Everything is good in moderation.

I PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE, if you are someone who loves the ingredients just by looking at them on this post. You assuredly will LOVE these. I made them for my whole family and they had no idea how healthy these are. Oh, and did I mention how yummy they were!

8-10 Cabbage Leaves (try not to make too many tears in them and remove the hard stem by cutting an upside down V...you want to save as much of that leaf as possible though)
---3 steamed leaves equal 1 oz.

1 lb. Ground Turkey; Crumbled and Browned
3 oz. Grated or Finely Chopped Cauliflower Florets (no stems)
4 medium Button Mushrooms; Finely Chopped
3 Whole Stalks of Green Onions; Thinly Sliced (top to bottom)
1 can Drained Bamboo Shoots; Finely Chopped
1/2 C. Bean Sprouts
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
1/2 t. Minced Ginger (3/4 t. Ginger Powder)
1/2 t. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
A generous pinch of sea salt
1 T. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce (Green Bottle)

***If you just want a straight VEGAN recipe...go without the Turkey; they are filling with or without, trust me!***

Get you steamer going to a good steam and put your cabbage leaves int he steamer for 5 minutes to where they are slightly translucent around the edges and seem flexible. Once you have steamed them for 5 minutes; pull them out and set them aside.

Combine all the above ingredients according to your proprtions. 4 oz. ground turkey with 3 oz. of vegetables (3 cabbage leaves are equal to 1 oz). I put the mixture back into the skillet that I used to brown the turkey on medium heat for an additional minute or two, watching it so that it will not burn, but just enough time so that the turkey absorbs the flavors.

Ration them out to fit your 3 cabbage leaves! And VOILA! You can top with a sprinkle of curry powder or add some chili garlic sauce to it to spice it up. Both are fantastic with it and enhances the flavor. Also, if you choose to emulsify the curry or spice a bit; after you roll them up you can pan sear them for 30 seconds on each side in the same skillet you were using, or stick them back int he steamer for a minute or two.

I made this and served it with 3 Sesame Melba Toast rounds and it was just delicious and VERY filling and leaves you with the mentality that you are sticking to your diet and eating healthy, but not going without pizzaz thats bursting with flavor.

If any of you try this out, make sure you let me know what you think! Any suggestions I would love that as well. I have a few other great recipes, but am running short on time. I will make sure I post them soon though!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Buffalo Wing Sauce

If you're looking for a spicy and yummy dipping or pouring sauce for your chicken or pork try this...

1/8 cup rice wine or apple cider vinegar
10-15 splashes of hot sauce
dash of pepper
dash of paprika
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp dijonaise

heat vinegar in a small sauce pot until warm, add remaining ingredients and whisk together. Can dillute with a sm amt of water if desired but this makes a great sauce very similar to Hooter wing sauce. Love to have with the garlic pork roast leftovers.

Last edited by Karen1234; 03-02-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Rosemary garlic pork roast

Pork Roast
1 whole head of garlic (seriously) peeled & ready
Fresh Rosemary 2-3 pieces
Pepper to taste
Very Little sprinkle of sea-salt
1 tbsp of olive oil

Take thawed pork roast and cut 1/2 " slits in rows down the length of roast on top (I usually make 3 rows of about 8 slits). Take 4 of the garlic cloves and place in a food chopper with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a dash of sea salt, chop well and put aside. Next, take remaining cloves and cut into 3 pieces each. Stuff garlic pieces into the slits on top of pork roast. Now take garlic and oil combo and spread across top of roast. Peel leaves off rosemary stalks, sprinkle leaves across top of roast. Sprinkle all with pepper to taste and a small sprinkle of sea-salt across the top. Bake at 400 degrees covered for 2 hrs (depends on size of roast) then uncover and bake an additional 1 hr. This is divine!! We use the leftover pork the following day for BBQ sandwhiches. I use the "white" meat rather than the dark meat for my meals b/c of fat content. I also use the buffalo sauce over my pork on a slice of 40 cal bread as my open face bbq pork sandwich.

As for the salt content, measure out 1/4 tsp of sea-salt and the mg of sodium is 480 +/-. Use only this much for the entire recipe and when you spread this across the entire meal and your intake is very insignificant above what is in the meat.

Try this soon and let me know your thoughts!!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marys Gonna Do It View Post
Okay, I play around with recipes all the time. I absolutely love to cook and take an ordinary meal or recipe and make it extraordinary. I am Filipino so I have to have my asian cuisine one way or another. I love rice, but for obvious reasons cannot have it. So, for the last couple days I sat around contemplating what it was that my palate was truly craving and came up with this recipe.

***WARNING***Does use low-sodium soy sauce (call it cheating or what not). However if you look at your sodium intake on your creamy, you will realize, prespectively, it's really not that bad. Everything is good in moderation.

I PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE, if you are someone who loves the ingredients just by looking at them on this post. You assuredly will LOVE these. I made them for my whole family and they had no idea how healthy these are. Oh, and did I mention how yummy they were!

8-10 Cabbage Leaves (try not to make too many tears in them and remove the hard stem by cutting an upside down V...you want to save as much of that leaf as possible though)
---3 steamed leaves equal 1 oz.

1 lb. Ground Turkey; Crumbled and Browned
3 oz. Grated or Finely Chopped Cauliflower Florets (no stems)
4 medium Button Mushrooms; Finely Chopped
3 Whole Stalks of Green Onions; Thinly Sliced (top to bottom)
1 can Drained Bamboo Shoots; Finely Chopped
1/2 C. Bean Sprouts
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
1/2 t. Minced Ginger (3/4 t. Ginger Powder)
1/2 t. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
A generous pinch of sea salt
1 T. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce (Green Bottle)

***If you just want a straight VEGAN recipe...go without the Turkey; they are filling with or without, trust me!***

Get you steamer going to a good steam and put your cabbage leaves int he steamer for 5 minutes to where they are slightly translucent around the edges and seem flexible. Once you have steamed them for 5 minutes; pull them out and set them aside.

Combine all the above ingredients according to your proprtions. 4 oz. ground turkey with 3 oz. of vegetables (3 cabbage leaves are equal to 1 oz). I put the mixture back into the skillet that I used to brown the turkey on medium heat for an additional minute or two, watching it so that it will not burn, but just enough time so that the turkey absorbs the flavors.

Ration them out to fit your 3 cabbage leaves! And VOILA! You can top with a sprinkle of curry powder or add some chili garlic sauce to it to spice it up. Both are fantastic with it and enhances the flavor. Also, if you choose to emulsify the curry or spice a bit; after you roll them up you can pan sear them for 30 seconds on each side in the same skillet you were using, or stick them back int he steamer for a minute or two.

I made this and served it with 3 Sesame Melba Toast rounds and it was just delicious and VERY filling and leaves you with the mentality that you are sticking to your diet and eating healthy, but not going without pizzaz thats bursting with flavor.

If any of you try this out, make sure you let me know what you think! Any suggestions I would love that as well. I have a few other great recipes, but am running short on time. I will make sure I post them soon though!
This sounds wonderful!! I dont have a steamer tho, how should i cook this?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
7 layer dip

1 lb extra lean ground turkey
8 oz raw tomatoes, chopped
8 oz romaine, or iceberg lettuce
8 oz green peppers, chopped
4 oz low fat cottage cheese (6oz if on Meta Slim Plus)
4 oz jalapenos, seeds removed and chopped
4 oz green onions, chopped
1/2 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
2 tablespoons water, separated

Cook ground turkey in a skillet until done, adding 1-2 teaspoons of reduced sodium taco seasoning and 1 tablespoon of water to flavor. Remove from skillet and cool. Blend in food processor or blender 4 or 6 oz (depending on menu) low fat cottage cheese with 1 TBSP of water and rest of taco seasoning (if you want a flavored layer of cottage cheese). Chop all vegetables. We recommend layering in this order....
Cottage cheese
Green Onions
Green Peppers
Turkey
Jalapeno
Lettuce
Raw Tomatoes
Can you tell me how many servings this is and is it for Lunch or Dinner? I'm not seeing any "carb" so i am guessing it would be ok for lunch and add a fruit or ok for dinner and add a starch serving?? I just don't know how many servings this is, I am on the green menu. I can't wait to make this!!! Does this provide the enitre serving of veggies??
Old 03-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

For those of us who LOVE ginger:

Ginger Dressing
1 pkg. orange supplement
1/2 c. water
2 t. ginger
2 t. garlic powder
3 t. red wind vinegar
3 t. safflower oil

Put all ingredients in a sealable container and shake well.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy2 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has thought to have special threads for Breakfast, and then one for Desserts ect. so we can get ideas without going thru all the recipes to find what we're are looking for? I think salad dressings would be great as well.

What a great idea. I'm not sure how we would get all of these great recipes linked into each catagory, though. I think we could almost make a new cookbook using all of these shared on this thread.
Closed Thread