Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #16  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PudgyFlamingo View Post
Ok just had my first shake of the day. I feel bloated and its kind of sitting in my tummy like cement.
Are you taking the dietary supplements? I found these really helped my digestive tract transition onto the MF foods. I took 3 packets per day for the first month, 2 the second month, and I'm down to 1 packet per day now - although I forgot to pack it last weekend and went 3 days without with no problems, so I may discontinue.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #17  
Pretty in pink

S/C/G: 274/262/240 for now

Height: 5'2

Thanks guys, i will look into the supplements!

Still having urges to eat when i see or smell yummy food. The last one was seeing a burrito on tv . However, I am not hungry AT ALL in terms of tummy growling or headache or any of that!

Psychologically though trying to fight the thoughts that I cant keep this up for the 12 weeks I set for myself. My problem is that I just really love food, at this point probably more than I love anything else in my life (sad but true, i know). I'm worried about being strong enough to do this andcontrol my anxiety enough to not give up. And it's super hard.

In other news, fat chicks are not made for hot weather! Im so hot and my window air conditioners are not doing a great job! Im sweaty under the cast on my arm and it was over 87 degrees at work today (the air conditioners always magically "break" for most of the summer) and I was worried about fainting.

Please help me with encouragement!! I am happy my tummy has stopped growling but it doesnt help with the temptation to just eat my feelings away!!
PudgyFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Wont it be worth it when the heat doesn't bother you nearly as much? I can honestly tell you I felt the same way at first. I found that once I was on it for awhile, I didn't get those feelings so much. I have had bad days (2 of them)...but they didn't kill me. Maybe I would be farther along right now if I hadn't had them, but I can't regret them. I did some clothing shopping yesterday because I didn't fit into anything, and an amazing feeling comes with buying 2 sizes smaller then you did last time you went shopping, AND dropping a cup size. It makes it all worth it.

I ate for comfort. I ate because I was bored. I ate because the food was there. I ate for something to do with my mouth. I guess I lived to eat and not eat to live. Medifast teaches you that food is not important. Friends, family, people, commitments are important. Food is enjoyable, and you can still enjoy it, but train your body not to let it take over your life. Fight through these first few weeks, and it WILL get easier!

Once your through the first few weeks, maybe try out a gym. I hate even saying that because I have always despised working out, but since I joined I've found that it actually makes me crave food less. It makes me realize how hard it is to burn that 200 calories and not want to undo that. And it gives me an adrenaline high that I used to try to satisfy by eating
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post
Are you taking the dietary supplements? I found these really helped my digestive tract transition onto the MF foods. I took 3 packets per day for the first month, 2 the second month, and I'm down to 1 packet per day now - although I forgot to pack it last weekend and went 3 days without with no problems, so I may discontinue.
What supplements are you taking? I may need to look into that because MF gives me gas...BAD. Smelly, horrible, LOUD gas and it's embarrassing! And I've tried to lay off the bars...it's most definitely not the bars that are the problem!!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #20  
Pretty in pink

Thanks Andi! You are absolutely right. I think this is also hard for me because I am barely working due to my broken hand/cast on my arm. I've hadnothing to do which really doesnt help things! I am now going to start one-handed packing to move in a few weeks so that will keep me busy!!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #21  
Pretty in pink

Day 5!!! I can taste (ha!) the end of week one. Im hoping the first week is the hardest and it gets easier. I'm not going to weigh myself for a few weeks but I do have that feeling already that I'm heading toward "lighter".
Old 06-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #22  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi24 View Post
Wont it be worth it when the heat doesn't bother you nearly as much? I can honestly tell you I felt the same way at first. I found that once I was on it for awhile, I didn't get those feelings so much. I have had bad days (2 of them)...but they didn't kill me. Maybe I would be farther along right now if I hadn't had them, but I can't regret them. I did some clothing shopping yesterday because I didn't fit into anything, and an amazing feeling comes with buying 2 sizes smaller then you did last time you went shopping, AND dropping a cup size. It makes it all worth it.

I ate for comfort. I ate because I was bored. I ate because the food was there. I ate for something to do with my mouth. I guess I lived to eat and not eat to live. Medifast teaches you that food is not important. Friends, family, people, commitments are important. Food is enjoyable, and you can still enjoy it, but train your body not to let it take over your life. Fight through these first few weeks, and it WILL get easier!

Once your through the first few weeks, maybe try out a gym. I hate even saying that because I have always despised working out, but since I joined I've found that it actually makes me crave food less. It makes me realize how hard it is to burn that 200 calories and not want to undo that. And it gives me an adrenaline high that I used to try to satisfy by eating
I could have written this ^^^ almost verbatim.

For me, knew from the beginning that I'm not overweight because I'm hungrier than everyone else; I'm overweight because I have a ridiculous relationship with food. I planned it out and started MF at a time that I knew I could stay completely clear of the temptations for the first couple weeks (spring break).

I also have an addictive personality, so I knew once I started seeing big losses, I would be hooked on seeing those losses continue, so I wouldn't cave to temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi24 View Post
What supplements are you taking? I may need to look into that because MF gives me gas...BAD. Smelly, horrible, LOUD gas and it's embarrassing! And I've tried to lay off the bars...it's most definitely not the bars that are the problem!!
I'm taking the Medifast dietary supplements. They come in a little packet of 2 pills (one capsule, and one large pill). You can take up to 3 packs per day. I would try it out if I were you. They're kind of pricey, but I think once your body is used to the MF foods you can ween yourself off of them. I'm down to one pack per day.

Quote:
Day 5!!! I can taste (ha!) the end of week one. Im hoping the first week is the hardest and it gets easier. I'm not going to weigh myself for a few weeks but I do have that feeling already that I'm heading toward "lighter".
I'm an obsessive daily weigher, so you my not want to take advice from me... I think you should weigh yourself at the end of week 1. You will likely see a good loss (probably the biggest loss you'll experience), and the motivation that gives may help you through the cravings. After all, cravings are a psychological phenomenon, not physical, so if you have something that feels great (a big loss and the hope for more), you can counter those pesky cravings.

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #23  
Pretty in pink

Thanks! I have decided to wait though because weighing myself sets off my OCD bad. I was bulimic through much of my teens and early 20s and weighed myself multiple times a day so I've limited myself for now to monthly weighing. I even gave away my scale. I dont feel strong enough to handle the weekly variations yet but i know that a month will give me a decent number!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/159.8/138

Height: 5'7"

The first week is hard, but I was able to make a birthday cake for one of my kids and still stay on plan. I think the most important thing to do is make your lean and green a fantastic meal. I LOVE good food, so I will buy beef filets, jumbo lump crabmeat, wild copper river salmon, fresh red snapper, etc for my 1 cherished meal of the day, even though it does cost a small fortune!
Have gone off plan once since I started 4 weeks ago......Memorial Day at the lake I was going to allow myself 4 oz of vodka mixed with soda and lemon. Well, that tasted too good and loosened me up so I had 4 more oz and then I lost my good sense and all self control and added a couple of glasses of red wine and then ate everything I could get my hands on for the next 24 hours! Not smart!!
30lbsfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #25  
Pretty in pink

Thanks! I will think of making some "gourmet" L&G.

I couldnt resist my mother's scale today and on the middle ofday 6 I am down 5.5!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #26  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:

I couldnt resist my mother's scale today and on the middle ofday 6 I am down 5.5!
Well done! I hope this gives you the boost to keep it up, even in the face of evil cravings!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #27  
Pretty in pink

Ugh trying not to think of how little it is as part of the big picture
Old 06-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #28  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:
Ugh trying not to think of how little it is as part of the big picture
5.5 pounds in 6 days is NOT little!!! Plus, a mid-day weigh in is easily 1-3 pounds higher than a first thing in the morning weigh in! Do you chart your weight? I find it very empowering to see the line trending down.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #29  
Pretty in pink

I mean... 5.5 down, a million to go! Ugh.