Old 01-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #1  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Height: 5'7"

Angry Coach Trouble- Need advice

In November, my husband and I received a Medifast order we didn't want. We had been away from home for the birth of our grandson, and were staying in our RV so we didn't have online access and forgot to stop the automatic shipment. Our coach said we could send it back, so I called and got the # they give you to send back with it.

I hadn't yet gotten it to the Post Office a week or so later, when my coach called and said if I hadn't sent it yet, she had some newbies she could sell it to which would save us the cost of shipping. It took a couple of weeks before she followed through. She came over and took 9 boxes and said she'd pay us after she'd sold it. This was December 3rd.

I called a couple of weeks later and got her voicemail. I left a message saying we needed the money or the food, because we were running out. We didn't get a return call. About a week later I called again, same result. On January 3rd, I called again and she answered. She said she hadn't called back because she hadn't sold anything yet; but now she had three more clients who needed food and if we gave her the whole box (32 boxes total= > $300; not counting shipping) she would sell it and/or bring the money and whatever was left. I reiterated our need for one or the other, because the food we had been forced to buy, when she hadn't paid us the first time, was getting low. She was full of understanding, she would handle it ASAP. She came over and took the rest of the shipment.

After not hearing a peep from her, I called again, sometime around the 17th, and left yet another voicemail. This past Saturday, (the 22nd) I left a voicemail saying I would like to come over on Sunday and pick up the money and/or food. We were available between 10am-8pm. Please call and let us know when would be best for her. Nothing. Last night, I left a voicemail expressing my frustration, said I was at the end of my tether, we are almost out of food and will not be ordering more when we already own some that we just can't get access to. I said my husband and I are at the point of going of the program though her (she gets a commission from our orders) due to this. She needs to call me and settle this ASAP. Still nothing so far.

This has been at least 8 weeks of hassle so far, and I'm so over being nice. I am burning with resentment. I feel disrespected, taken advantage of and stolen from. I am ready to call Medifast and find out who I report her to. I am just waiting to see if any of you have advice prior to making the call. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks!
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5"8"

Wow that is a very bad story. I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with her. I would be mad too!

First you can change your coach any time you want too. There is a form for that and you should report what she has done. That is no way to deal with a client.

Maybe the co would even remove the commisson of that order from her account.

I would call the company and tell them what happened and see that they suggest.

I hope you can work it out. I have nothing but praise for this company and it would be ashame to miss out on a life changing program because of this person.

Good luck and keep us posted....
Nataliejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  

WOW!! This person sounds very shady to say the least! Have you tried calling Take Shape for Life?
ariesgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I am so sorry that happened to you!! that is just wrong..
JennLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #5  
Proud Grandmother!

S/C/G: 330/262/170

I hope you contact the company at once. Eight weeks is absolutely not acceptable. I also hope you're given a new coach as this one sounds as if she's more interested in ripping you off than coaching you.
TXNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #6  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I would report them With no hesitation! There taking advantage of you being nice & of your weight loss program. They are a very bad coach obviously!
So Give them the kick in the butt THEY need~And if that doesn't work~take them to small claims court. Make it to where they pay for the court fees too...Or at least threaten it and maybe that will get you a call. REGARDLESS REPORT THEM! it's been way to long without your money or your food.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #7  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Default Update

First, I'd like to say thank you for all the support. This whole experience was emotionally draining until I finally got someone at the Medifast corporate offices to take an interest in my case. I first emailed both the fill-in message form, and then the email address I found on the support page at tsfl.com. Then, I called the 800 client contact number (January 28th) and they transferred me to the coach number where I was informed they would look into it but could not themselves refund me anything because it had been done privately between my coach and me. I was asked to write an email to the coach support email address and I did.

On February 2nd, I got an email sent from my coach's website announcing I had "Cash on Account" but a dollar amount was not included. So I called the 800 number to see how much was on my account. It was roughly half of what I was owed. I explained I did not want cash on my account, I wanted cash in my hand and for the full amount. I asked how to get a refund and was told someone would call me back. No one did. So again, I called the 800 # told Natalie of my great frustation and retold my story from beginning to end. She decided to take on my case personally. Yay!

We are now (February 15th) at the point where the full amount has been deposited into my husband and my accounts, roughly half in each. But I still have not found out how to get a refund. I spoke to Natalie yesterday, and expect to hear from her sometime this week with how to go about getting our money back.

My husband and I have decided to buy food through Diet Direct from now on. We like their food and prices better. And because I don't feel anyone really responded to my situation until I came upon Natalie, I won't feel unburdened about Medifast the business until this is completely resolved and in my rear view mirror, so to speak. I'll keep you posted on the refund.
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/144/128

Height: 5'6"

What a horrible situation. Is the coach a Medifast/tsfl employee? If so, I firmly believe that Medifast/tsfl should take responsibility for that person's actions. I think what your coach did is completely unprofessional and I would guess it is not something that Medifast/tsfl approves of as typical protocol.

I hope you get it worked out soon. So sorry you are in this situation.
taramc is offline   Reply With Quote