Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

Hello to everyone!

i have been gone and off plan for months now, but back on now. up 6 pounds but not so bad considering what i've been eating. djay and missy......ya'll look INCREDIBLE!! wow. I look forward to catching up
Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #92  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Romans!!!!

So glad you are back!!! You have been missed! Yes, Missy and I are still at it...And Operator made a brief appearance a week or so ago...I think she is going to get back on plan also.

Six pounds isn't so bad...especially since you know how to loose it now!!!

Weren't you having some problems with the hubby's ex? Did that get resolved?

DJ
Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #93  

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading for a while now, but I’m new to all of this – especially the eating program. I, like a few of you have decided to got the WonderSlim option. My food just arrived Friday and I’m planning to start with the program tomorrow. I have a few questions that I hope you experts can help me with. First, I ordered one of the starter kits, but I noticed there are a lot of other food items, snacks, comfort-type foods. Do any of you incorporate these types of foods into your program? And of so, does it slow your weight loss? Or are there tricks to making it work? It would be great to know what a typical day looks like for those of you who are being very successful. This is probably already posted somewhere, but I couldn’t find it with a search so hopefully you all won’t mind post them for a newbie! Thanks for your help!

One more thing, are the recipes in the sticky also good with the WonderSlim food? Thanks again!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #94  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Happytxmom! Glad to have you join us!

I, too, am using the WonderSlim product and I really like it. I had tried samples of several other brands and did not care for them at all. I knew I would be on this plan for at least 10 months so I wanted something that would continue to be pleasing to the taste in the weeks and months to come.

I have been on the program for a little over 3 weeks. I also got a variety pack but have not tried many of the extras in it yet. I am a pretty mundane food person and so far the shakes and one bar are keeping me happy through the day. I do a lean & green for dinner and the plan is working well for me.

I have not tried the recipes but I do not think they will work on our products - different ingredients in Medifast compared to Wonder Slim.

Good luck in your journey to better health and lighter weight. We are here to help and support!

Jacque
Old 11-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #95  
Blue Blood

Good Morning MFer's
This thread sure does get quiet on the weekend. You all must have lives...I'm jealous!

Welcome happytxmom! I don't know anything about the wonderslim products except that the members of this board seem to love them and be able to stay with it as well as any of the Medifasters...So that alone impresses me...
You will find lost of support here regardless of whether you are doing Medifast or Wonderslim...Good luck!

Have a great OP Sunday everyone!

DJ
Old 11-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #96  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Hi dJay! I'm following along. My computer is messed up & it's a major ordeal to type on it- fried keys. I'm having an OP wkend! Will be back posting tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #97  
It's either Now or Now

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Checking in. Taking the kids to a toy trains show today and we're almost out the door. I measured myself instead of weighing (I'm terrified of that darn scale) and I'm down 3 inches inches around the waist since I last checked about 10 days ago and my shirts feel looser I mostly see the weight loss in my face and neck - that's the place where the weight showed up LAST, so it seems to go in a certain order, it seems. For me, it seems to be belly, then arms, then legs, then face and neck.

Question: at what TIMES do you have each of your meals?

I'm having trouble again with the late afternoon. I have breakfast around 8-9am. Then mid-morning snack. Lunch around 1pm. Afternoon snack around 3-4pm. But dinner is not until about 8pm ... which makes it a 4-5 hour gap and that gap is killing me!! Moving the snack to later helps that, but then I'm starving after lunch, moving dinner earlier is not really an option because of our schedule. I feel like I could use two afternoon snacks - it's my low energy/ hungry time of the day. If it was just hunger, I wouldn't care so much, but I get insanely irritable and, on some days, lightheaded. Any suggestion? On many days I've broken down and had an extra snack (soup, not from the plan b/c of the soy, a small salad, a fruit or a few pretzels - healthy things overall). But I worry that the extra calories might be part of my slower progress.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #98  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tx mom!
So happy to see you Romans! love the new pic! jump right back in.
So busy here. So, so busy. Im trying to run this household alone. My husband pops up randomly, (twice in the last month) to take the boys over to his parents over night, a whopping 24 hours! The rest of the time is all on me. Im trying to get my credits up to par to renew my massage licence. Looking at new places to live. Cleaning. Dealing with SAD. (I HATE living in the great pacific northwest) I deal with this every year at this time. November is my horrible start month. 6 months to go... I have been on and off plan for the last couple weeks. Frustrating. I know its me. I know I have to be 100% on program. I just am having a lot of troubles with it right now. I have stayed at 188. thankfully, I dont have to be bummed about gaining. But I was thinking this morning that Im wasting money if Im not 100%on plan. I need to stay 100%! I will stay 100%!
Time to go. Lots to do today.
Be good all, be excellent! xoxoxo Missy
Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #99  
Blue Blood

Lisa,

Unless I missed something in your post...You are missing a meal every day.

You should be eating something 6 times every day...5 MF meals plus 1 L&G. I eat MF meals at 6am, 9am, 11am, 2pm and 4pm. Then I eat my L&G usually between 6-7pm and if I get the urge for a snack before bedtime...I eat a pickel spear or a sugarfree jello.

That extra meal may be just what you need to stay OP!

DJ
Old 11-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #100  
Blue Blood

Ashley-Nice to know you are out there...And staying OP!

Missy. I know you are dealing with a lot right now...But you can do this! Find some non-food ways to be good to yourself. You have done fantastic just to maintain with the pressure you are under. Everything always falls on mom...Seems dads get the option of how involved they want to be especially when the going gets tough...woman by nature do what needs to be done even when its tough. It's not fair...Just life...

Hang in there...

DJ
Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #101  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Lisa - I agree with djay - looks like you are missing one of your drinks. That can make a big difference! Try adding one during that 4 -5 hr. gap and I bet you will be all better!

djay - you are so correct -weekends are quiet around here. I miss the chatter.

Missy - sounds like even though you are over whelmed you are making steps in the right direction. Hang in there and know that it will get better with time, sometimes in life all you can do is put one step in front of the other.

Ashley - congrats on staying OP. For some the weekends are the toughest. Hope your computer woes go away soon - there is nothing more frustrating!

Everyone have a great OP Sunday!

Jacque
Old 11-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #102  
It's either Now or Now

Oops, I forgot to mention the bedtime snack, which I have around 11pm before I go to bed. I do have that one, just forgot to mention it.

Missy: You must be going through so many shifts and changes right now and I feel for your having to do all the parenting by yourself. Even when they don't do much (DH's) their mere presence can give you a moment to breathe - but when you're alone, so much work! Well, at least you know you eliminated one immature child from your life (DH!) and that should make up for it work-wise.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #103  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, you are so right! I thought, how is this so much harder, he never did anything anyway? But, then, he was really a great babysitter. Always when I needed him, and free.
I am PMSing HARD!!! I feel like crying alot, Im yelling at my kids and I am craving so much food. man. I really just feel like going to bed now and getting this day over with.
The boys and I went to a park in Seattle for about 2 hours today. Its an urban oasis kinda thing. Miles and miles of wooded trails. We walked for 1 and half hours! (really hoping that would help my mood, no such luck) At least we got some exersise and fresh air. It was miserable weather. Coldish and wettish. What else is new... no sun
I spent the last 20 mins looking at the before and after pics. So nice to see these ladies and men succesful! such wonderful inspiration!
Very headachy today. I just got an IUD in July... I was warned that there may be side effects with the hormones. Ive never had PMS before, well not like this! Its pretty yucky. But it's better than the absolute horror of blood that gushes like the Hoover dam breaking open every month! Sorry for the candidness and bluntness of this... Sorry Dan-O (tee hee)
So, we're off to play some monopoly jr, then homework wrap up and bath time. Be awesome all you wonderful loosers
xoxoxoxo Missy
Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #104  
Let's go LEAN!

Height: 5'3"

Red face

Good morning! Hope everyone's doing great!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with this forum and the MF community forum. Is anyone else on the MF forum, besides Dan-O and me? I really like the support and amount of info and activity over there.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #105  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Good morning everyone,
My house guest has left so I'm slowly getting back to my normal routine. I wasn't able to check in on here as much as I like to. Good to hear that everybody is OP. I should get my order with the new bars today, I can't wait to try them. I also just recently tried the chocolate pudding, OMG is that good. Ok, I'm heading out for a walk with the dog, have a great day everybody.
Closed Thread