Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 AM   #61  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! I am glad too that the election is over. Now they need to put their actions where their mouths are and do something!

Question for the day - one of the main reasons to be on a liquid plan is to temporarily divorce ourselves from food so we can reflect and learn where our weak points and downfalls are so that when we re-introduce food we will not end up back where we started. For me - I have realized more than ever that carbs are not my friends and I must be concious of every bite I put in my mouth and stay extremely low carb for the rest of my life. I also now know that the only reason I eat is for the taste, not the fullness factor etc. so I am pondering a plan to combat that problem. What is everyone else doing to prepare for that wonderful day when you "graduate" from liquids and go into maintenance?

Have a great OP day - onward and downward!

Jacque
Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #62  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Cool

I like taste too, Jacque. I'm figuring out that spices have 1 g. carb in a tsp. for most of them, which blows my mind that such a little amount has any nutritional value. I will give up my snack to have my spices though, to stay under 100g. I have been seasoning the heck out of the soups, and my L&G! I will do without the cinnamon in the vanilla shake... which I had this morning... it was like a snickerdoodle cookie flavor! The condiments are tough... I also like my sauces, marinandes, dressing... I can do without butter and cheese.

Last edited by AshleyA; 11-05-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #63  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Ashley - interesting thoughts! I am just the opposite - I hardly season or add anything when I cook. Unlike the posts of yesterday on cooking - I love to cook and I think that is just as much a problem as the ones who said fast food and not cooking were their problem. When you like to be in the kitchen you cook alot of times to satisfy that craving or get that "taste" (there is that word again!).
I was raised all over the mid west and have a very varied like of foods plus my family cooked with alot of creams, sauces, shortenings, gravies etc. I have overcome most of that but there is still that mentality of "lets celebrate - what should we eat?" thinking. My family like alot of people attach food to every gathering. I have to break that habit or always make sure if there is food that there are some low carb healthy items there too. And of course, not eat just because it tastes good!

Jacque
Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #64  
It's either Now or Now

Height: 5'4"

Jacque - that's a wonderful question. The biggest lesson I'm learning is that I use food for emotional reasons (and that includes a wide range of emotions, not just sad) and as "entertainment". I already knew that, but now I actually have to FACE IT. There are so many ways in which I haven't been true to myself during my life and have just stuffed those feelings and frustrations down with some food to help choke it down. Having this "vacation" from food is really forcing me to actually deal with the emotions because I don't have that "out". I would have so many days where I would be feeling sad and would just tell myself "It's okay, I'll feed you some cookies later and that will make you feel better". It was a distraction. Now I have to say "well, you have to stay sad and work through it". It's not easy. After the initial "high" of being so excited that this diet is working and of getting off the wheat (so that I have eliminated a lot of my lack of energy and medical issues), I'm struggling through a lot of emotions. But that's work I need to do.

Like you, I also realize that carbs are my drug of choice. Obviously, healthy carbs are important to any diet, but for me carbs can be a major problem. I think that's true for many of us women (maybe due to our hormonal shifts).
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #65  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

ACK!

Okay, I've discovered that I am not crazy about the Chicken Wild Rice OR Tomato soups. Icky blechy phewy blahblah!

WHAT can I do to "dress" those up & make them taste better?

As for the apple cinnamon oatmeal, it wasn't the texture that bothered me. It was the taste. Totally the taste. Sorry, but it tasted like 3 day old buttocks! BLECH!

So far I do like all the shakes, and the bars. I will be having my first pudding in a couple hours... we'll see how that goes!

I have been feeling very in the mornings.... but getting less headachy now (today). So maybe the worst part is over.

I have no idea how I will transfer to maintenance... too early to tell... but I certainly hope I don't gain back whatever weight I manage to lose. I'm so TIRED of the yo-yo trip...

EDITED TO ADD:
ACK! - tomorrow will be my 4th day on the MF plan, and there's a huge campus pot luck luncheon.

I opted to bring the chips & dip, cause I'm not much of a cook or baker.

At any rate, I can skip the actualy eating of the chips & dip...not worried about that! -
BUT!... I'm afraid all the other food will wreck me. I can't NOT go. Our campus is small, but we're a close knit "family-type" group. So I have to be there. I know that lunch tomorrow will be my "lean & green" meal for the day... but I'm really scared of over-doing it.

Oh lordy.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 11-05-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #66  
Let's go LEAN!

Hey Beachy~ I seasoned the heck out of the Wild Rice soup on Day 1; I just had it now with salt & pepper and it was good. On the Tomato, I added Tarragon and then salt and pepper. I would've done basil or oregano if I had it. Are you mixing up the Wild Rice soup a few hours ahead of time? I've heard that fluffs it up and makes it better. That's the only way I've done it. Same with the tomato, although it's not necessary I hear. I do it all at home and tote it here in the bowl. It's nicer not having to face the powder and water right before I'm going to eat it. Don't know what to tell you on the pot-luck; I leave that to the long-timers. I'm also worried- about my weekend. I don't have any social events planned but just being around the house and so much free time will be the challenge.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #67  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

ItsTime~ Guess what girl? We are neighbors, I'm over here in Ulster County New Paltz area. That is too funny. I can totaly identify with the emotional eating issue. It's something I'm trying to concur, not sure if it will ever be a done deal for me but I'm trying. Glad to hear you are doing good so far. It's not so bad at all once you get into the groove of it. I did have a bit of a cheat today. I broke down and had three small butter cookies. They were very good but I do feal pretty darn guilty right about now. Back on plan I guess and forget about it. Have a great day and feal free to PM some of your recipes to me.

Djay
~How are you? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that your husband has passed. How is your daughter doing? Is she fealing good? I'm well but as I just mentioned to Lisa I did have a slip today and had a few small cookies. I do feal guilty because I've not cheated till now. Back on plan as of now!
I did order the new bars and they should be here on Friday. They should be able to cure my next sweet tooth. The fiber pills we spoke of are still doing what they are supposed to, thats a good thing. Any news yet from the dentist about the veneers? I cant wait to hear.

Jacque I to am glad this election is done and over with. Now I just cant wait for these signs to come down that are all over the roads.
When it's time for us to transition to regular meals it will be interesting. I am hoping that I will have learned a lesson that food is for nutrition and not comfort. I will always love a good meal that is possibly not the best health wise, but maybe I can get to the point where I only have that on a rare occassion.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #68  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

I hope Everyone is having a great On Plan afternoon!

Life is Good!

Lovin MF here! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #69  
Let's go LEAN!

Talking Good news!

It's Day 4 and I'm down 3.2 lbs! I decided that I had to weigh myself to make sure that I was on track, because my carbs have been right at 100 g.

Tried the eggs this morning- not bad- eggbeaters are better though and for less calories. Oatmeal coming up in a bit- I must admit that I'm scared of it! lol
Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #70  
DanLovesMedifast

Ashley, Mix the eggs with 1/2 cup of water, put in fridge the night before breakfast, stir again before preparing, pour in skillet sprayed with pam and scramble like normal eggs, delish! Keep up your hard work and congrats on your 3.2 lbs. Loss! Woo hoo!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #71  
Wastin' Away Again!

yay Ashley! 3.2 lbs!!!! Woo, & might I add - HOO!!!

Day 4 for me as well, & I'm down 3 pounds. I had to do a double take on the scale this morning.

Of course, the "sensible" part of me is saying "Beachy, girl, you KNOW that's JUST water weight!" .... but.... I've got enough fat to lose, so I'm looking at the bright side! - water weight, fat weight, whatever! - it's THREE LESS POUNDS!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #72  
Let's go LEAN!

Beachy~ Yippppeeee! We're moving it along! Think of what it might be for the WEEK though, and it's on track for a 20 lb. MONTH!

Dan~ I will try mixing it up the night before! I do like to mix ahead and refrigerate. I made it in the skillet though definitely. Microwaved scrambled eggs... Ewwww.

The oatmeal... I'm sad to report... and I hate to be negative... is nasty. I'm choking it down with my water. It's apple-cinn and I'd already added cinn and SF maple syrup. It has a saccharin after-taste which could be from the syrup? I've never tried SF syrup either. I'll keep the rest of the box though for the cookie recipes.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #73  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyA View Post
Beachy~ Yippppeeee! We're moving it along! Think of what it might be for the WEEK though, and it's on track for a 20 lb. MONTH!
Yeah... YAY! - I'm hoping that come Monday, I'll have another 2 pound negative on the scale.

Plus, I'm feeling better. Not so headachy & light headed either. That's always a plus!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #74  
Let's go LEAN!

I'm feeling better today too. Not as anxious about my next meal, more even-keeled. I did wake up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck though- very groggy and tired earlier.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #75  
DanLovesMedifast

CONGRATS BP, and weight is weight, water or not! SO GREAT job and WOO HOO for you too! Keep up your hard work!

Ash, Glad you are feeling less anxious, it does get better! I am with you on the thought of NUKED eggs! LOL

Have a super on plan day everyone!
Closed Thread