Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #1  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Default May Medifast Chat

I can't believe it is May already! How is everyone doing? I have come to a point where I seem to go off plan at least once a month. I am ok with it though since I only have a little more to go until goal. How is everyone coming along?
Jen

Last edited by abovethedin; 05-01-2008 at 11:08 AM.
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #2  
Iamajoy79

S/C/G: 174/170/128

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone-

I am new to Medifast and this site. So far I have been on the plan for almost two weeks. I used to be thin and aside from my occassional "I need to lose 5 lbs", I never really had weight issues. Then I got pregnant and gained over 70lbs. I was 202 lbs the day I had my daughter. I am only 5'2" inches, so the extra weight gave me a lot of problems with my knees, back etc. I lost a lot of the weight and went down to 160 lbs, then I gained 15 lbs back. Then I lost weight again and went down to 151 lbs....and low and behold, I gained it back.

I made a decision about three weeks ago that I would not stop until I got down to my pre-baby weight. I ordered Medifast reluctantly, but figured if the claims that were made about it were true, then it would be worth the money. Anyway, since I have been on the plan, I haven't had any cravings. I was really worried about that. I have been out to dinner twice. That was the hardest part. I have been completely on plan except for the other night when I mistakenly ate brussel sprouts. I was so bummed about it. I couldn't believe I had made that mistake.

We are going to Disney world in the end of June and I hope to reach my short term goal of 145 lbs by then. As of Monday, I lost 4 lbs on the plan and my clothes are fitting so much looser than before. My husband told me that he has really noticed a difference so far.....soooo hopefully I'll do it. My long term goal is to reach 128 lbs...... I'm hoping by the fall, I will be close.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your posts, I have been reading them for about a week now and it has helped me tremendously.
Iamajoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #3  
Operator265

Thanks Lili. Things are looking better today. They removed most of the stones and got a relief opening, but we're not out of it yet. They'll check what they have for cancer, but he didn't see any large tumors. We still have to hope he doesn't get plugged again. Sorry about the post. I didn't mean to get so morose. I guess the pain and exhaustion hit my fingers and I let it out. I'm going to take a nap before I go to pick him up now that he's beening watched. I was up every hour last night checking his breathing. It was just like when my girls were born. My first was 2 mths premature, so I spent the first 2 yrs. checking her every hour. It kicked back in with my 2nd even though she was perfectly healthy.

Jen-The "sticky" on ketosis seems to say that you won't necessarilly come out of ketosis, just burn the free fat first, so I wouldn't worry about it either. I haven't been on plan today or yesterday, but that's OK. As long as things go well this afternoon, I'll be back in full force tomorrow.

Joy79-I didn't have any problems until I turned 30. A couple of people in my life died, my marriage fell apart and my work life was a shambles. I think "They're" right about stress gain. Also, my mother's side tends to do a middle age spread. I've been on MF for 3 weeks now and have lost 18 lbs. I also increased my activity level at work, so that helped. I was a good girl and did 30 min. on my treadmill yesterday before the vet stuff happened. I'm going to have to keep that up. I'm now pretty loose in my jeans, but I haven't dropped to the next size yet. It's kind of a pain but certainly better than the pain that unbuttoning my pants when I had to sit was. It's also easier to tie my boots.

Keep up the good work y'all. Perfection is not the goal. Happiness is.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #4  
Releasing the inner hiker

I took a little road trip the last 2 days. Did lots of hiking, but also ate some meals that were not on plan. It is hard to MF when traveling and staying with friends. I did my best. I knew this week off of work was going to be hard and I was right. I think I've only had 3 days really on plan, although I still posted a 2lb loss.

Operator, what is going on with your pooch?! I somehow missed your post explaining it. My dog is my constant companion; when she is ill, I am just beside myself. I hope your pup gets better soon.

I hope everyone else is doing ok on plan. In fact, I am hoping you are doing much better than I did this week, lol.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #5  
Operator265

Here's my baby. He's doing a bit better now and we just got him home. Will get test results on Saturday. Oh, Jen, yeah I lost my mind on the "energy return" thread. Go there if you want to see what a melt down looks like. I didn't realize that could happen typing into a forum. But I did it. Oh well. Just look at him. He's worth it and a kitchen renovation too. I can get new appliances later. He'll get his staples out in 2 weeks. Right now, I'm the happiest Mommy on the planet. ****, my ex has been beside himself thru all this. Thank goodness for unlimited long distance.

I'm back on plan tomorrow. I think I can start eating again. My stomach takes in all my stress. It's been that way since I was a child. I vomited so much with my pg's that I kept it up two mths after each was born. After nine months of it, my body just decided that's what you do first thing in the morning. And people wonder why I stopped at 2 children.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/198/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! Nice to see you all online- I have been tooo busy to log in but here I am. To let everyone know I am done with week 6 and I have lost.... 30lbs!!!! YYYEEEAAAHHHH- I still have 90 something to go, but it is working sooo well.

Iamajoy79- Stay with it, My first two weeks were tough at times. My third week I wanted to quit- than I started seeing real results and you will do the same. Nice to see you on here.

What are people's weigh in days?? Lets all weigh in and report our successes!!! Would love to hear how others are doing!
amazingplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #7  
Releasing the inner hiker

Operator, what a beautiful boy you have! I'm glad he is feeling better and at home with you. I don't think you lost your mind at all; just a mom worrying about her pup.

Jana, congrats on your 30lb loss! I weigh in on Thursdays normally (officially), but tend to step on the scale most days because of curiosity.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #8  
Operator265

Thanks Jen. I appreciate that. I'm just used to trying to keep it together for the girls. I'm not good at losing it or being afraid, and I got scared and lost it in front of my youngest at the vet's during the pain med episode.

Hey, hey Jana. My weigh-in and report days are on Mondays. Great work on the 30 lbs. I also love hearing success stories.

Nite, Nite and Good Luck All!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/235/175

Height: 5'9"

Post Got through...

Hi there,

I am pleased to report I am on plan. Day number 1 down I am so very happy all my fear is confronted and I know I can do this. I did have a couple of moments that I wanted to give up.

Well coming here right now and reading your journeys and weight losses totally motivates me.

I will post my loss next Thursday, since it will be a week for me. I am going to try real hard to lay off the scale, so I can be suprised. Thanks everyone for the welcome!!!
Uniqleeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Operator, I'm glad your doggie is better! I agree with Jen...you just were a worried mom. I don't know what I'd do if one of my kitties got sick. I nearly have a panic attack just thinking about it.

Jana, 30 lbs lost!!! Wow! That's terrific!

My weigh in is Friday mornings...which just so happens to be TODAY! I dropped 2 lbs. I'm only 1/2 pound shy of my 1 month goal. I started on April 3, so I have one more day to lose the last 1/2 pound! I can do it I think!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #11  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

My weigh in day is usually Sunday but I too, step on the scale every single day. I have noticed that the longer I am on MF the faster I am losing. Has anyone else noticed that? I don't mind it but I am a bit curious if anyone else has experienced it.

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #12  
Iamajoy79

S/C/G: 174/170/128

Height: 5'2"

Congratulation Jana.... 30 lbs Woo hoo...

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Week 2 is almost over. I weigh in on Monday's.
Iamajoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #13  
Operator265

Well, my boy has to stay at the vet's tonight. He couldn't eat and was spitting up blood so I took him in. It looks OK, but they need to give him IV fluids and nutrients. He looked alot better when I went in this afternoon. Probably because I wouldn't let him sleep for fear he wouldn't wake back up. There he finally got to take a nap. I blew off OT today and, OH **** YES, I'll leave my regular shift if I have to 2morrow, but I think he'll be OK. My DD can pick him up in the morning.

I was able to make myself eat today and get back on plan. Wierd how I barely ate over the last 2 days but have stayed the same weight. I must have gone into starvation mode or something. Oh well, my diet hasn't been the most important thing to me right now. And, at least I didn't go on a major binge or anything like that. I did get a little fast food once each day simply out of concenience. I didn't have the energy to come home and make stuff up. But, I kept it to a minimum.

BTW, Jen, my loss was actually staying pretty steady up until this week and I kind of expect it to stay about the same now that things are straightening out. I would lose a couple of lbs. then stabilize for a couple of days, then lose a couple more lbs and stabilize.

Joy-Looks like we have the same official weigh-in day. I'm trying to keep off the scale everyday, but I'm not succeeding very well. Maybe once I quit smoking(today was supposed to be my quit day, but, that is postponed until my next days off) and have a couple of weeks Nic-free I'll be able to also quit scale jumping every morning. I'm just crapping bricks for fear of gaining 20 lbs when I quit(like I have everytime before). At least with MF in place I should do better. I may up my treadmill time from 30 to 45 min. "They" say it takes about a week for your metabolism to return when you quit smoking. God, I hope so.

Uniqleeme-Don't be surprised if it's hard NOT to be a scale jumper. I wasn't even into my scale until I started MF.

Lili-I know you'll get that .5 lb. You can do it!!!

I miss y'all on the weekends. I know y'all have real social lives and I have a screwy work schedule. Can't wait to hear your updates.

Last edited by Operator265; 05-03-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Operator, I'm sorry your doggie is back at the vet. Poor little guy!

Also, thanks! I did do it, and then some! I lost a whole pound! I don't know how all of that falls off in one day, but it does!! (Prolly a tad bit o' water from TOM finally leaving for the second time in as many weeks. Boo!) So, my total for the month is 10.5 pounds! I was so excited I was jumping up and down in the bathroom!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #15  
Operator265

Lili-I knew you could. I knew you could. I knew you could. Whoo!!! Whoo!!!