Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #31  
Operator265

Sorry, I've been AWOL too. I've looked in but couldn't really post since this is more of my "opening up" thread and I didn't feel like bringing everyone down with me. Also feelin' kinda guilty because I haven't been following the plan exactly. I haven't had some major junk food binge or anything, just really cheating with 4-6 MS burgers and not really doing my MF meals. I haven't gained, but haven't lost. I've been messing around in the General Chatter area where I could just play silly games and not get to in-depth.

Thanks Lili and Jen. I didn't think driving my truck into a high-wall would improve things any. Besides, I hate this damned company. If they don't give a rat's butt about our families, why should I expect them to care about this. I would have taken the time at another company anyway, but I would have atleast felt bad about it. Here I don't. Also, Lili, I'm so glad your kitty is doing well.

Hey y'all, I've also been reading some success threads and found out about ketone strips. You can get them in the diabetic area of a pharmacy. This way you don't have to wonder whether or not you're in ketosis. I got some at Walgreen's for $9.99. I just tried one out and found I'm still in a mild state of ketosis, so I haven't totally screwed up.

jmcNY-I'm happy your order is coming in. It's exciting getting started. Good Luck and I hope you like it.

Last edited by Operator265; 05-07-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 240/235/175

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hi

Alice, the one thing I have said to co-workers is that I am not hungry anymore but my mind wants food...bad food! So I totally agree with the emotional thing. I have it bad!

I remember when I first quit smoking three years ago, the hardest part was the habit-once the withdrawls were gone. Then that went away too. So I keep telling myself that it will be the same way with food. Once my brain realizes I am not going to do things the old way it hopefully will go away. One craving at a time

Operator, you will get back on track I am sure. Maybe just slowly wean yourself back day by day and stay away from bad stuff and you will be okay.

Jmc, I highly recommend starting a day or two before you have off work or other activities. Once you get to day 2 you are not going to want to be anywhere but home. I slept 18+ hours a day for the weekend after I started on Thursday. So a Friday would be great...good luck! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Take pictures so you can compare them with your next birthday photo's-the new you!

Well take care everyone and stay strong
Uniqleeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #33  
Operator265

Well, I'm feeling better 2day and am OP. I'm holding steady on my weight and my ketoses has gone up a level. I've been doing my baking. I made a batch of my regular muffins and the salmon just came out of the oven. Chicken breasts are on sale so I'll probably make some up 2nite or 2morrow.

Lili-Hope you're little ones are doing better. I also made a triple batch of your brownies. LOVE EM!!! I think you should sticky post the recipe. I traded 1/2 the water out for SF raspberry syrup. Yummmmmy!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Love Y'all and thanks for all the support you've given me this week.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #34  
Releasing the inner hiker

Brownies?!?
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #35  
Operator265

Yeah. They're on the 6th page of the April Chat.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #36  

This week has been teacher appreciation week, which apparently translates into "lets make our teachers fatter." SO much food in the lounge, every single day. Today was the first day that I nibbled off the table, to have 2 tortilla chips. All week it hasn't been tempting, but today it was, so the two chips are actually a successful attempt at ignoring everything else (brownies, cupcakes, cake, thai chicken noodle salad, bagels, etc).

Sugar is my downfall, so I was proud to have ignored all those culinary treats. However, sugar-free jello snacks are sort of icky to me and just not satisfying. I found that Brownie recipe again (thanks Operator), but probably should ignore it. I'm envious of anyone who can make sugary treats and limit themselves to just one.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #37  

Angry

Hi. Checking in and catching up on the May thread.

Operator, so sorry for your loss. I hope your healing comes soon. I will keep you in my thoughts. Pets are often like family and I can tell from your posts that your sweety definitely was.
I hope your mental health day helped, too.

Lili, sorry about the stressful week. It seems like we have all had stressful weeks this past week. I am proud of you for staying on plan. I was able to as well. I am a definite emotional eater. When I feel my stress rise or I am bored I want Cheezits or cookies...JUNK! But I resisted.
Congrats on your weight loss this past week.

AliceEep, stay strong and avoid the lounge! Just say NO!

Uniqleeme, I was telling a coworker yesterday evening that I am no longer as hungry as I was and how easy it actually is to stay OP.

And Jmc, definitely wait until you can hibernate and zone out for 2-3 days to start the plan. That is a great motivating factor for me to stay OP. I DO NOT want to go through the 1st few days again.
Hope your birthday is great and good luck beginnig the plan.

I weighed this a.m. and am down 10lbs. This is day 10 for me. I am pleased.

Everyone have a great weekend.
mommy23monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/235/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Just Wondering

Hi everyone,

Is it bad if I only have 2 MF and lean and green. I find my day flying by and I just do not fit it all in...will it slow my weight loss down?

M2M, I agree about not getting off plan and feeling like that again It is the main motivation.

Alice, I know what you mean about dessert type foods, that is the one thing I miss. I want a brownie sooo bad!

Operator, happy to hear you are back on plan, I actually told my husband today I don't think I can do this for to much longer-sounds like the old me making excuses. I know I can do this!

Well take care everyone and MF happily!
Uniqleeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #39  
Operator265

I know you can too. Just keep believing in yourself.

I guess I'm bassackwards to others. I get nauseated when I'm stressed and stop eating.

My experience this week makes me believe you really do need to get all the meals in. I didn't for a few days and it really did seem to slow down my metabolism and I seem to have gone into starvation mode. By off plan I meant that I wasn't getting all my MF meals in and had 3 portions of Morning Star Burgers one day. I didn't have as many MF meals as I should have that day either and that day was after two days of falling short on my meals. So, I kinda think the craving was my body fighting for survival. I did have a super burrito one day(I think last Friday) and that was the only time I went outside of the foods allowed. That day I just didn't have the energy to take care of myself.

I know what you mean about having a hard time getting all the meals in. When I was training for blast and running my off all day at work, I had a hard time with it too. I remember a couple of times having to slam down a shake just before bed to get them all in. The 900-1100 calories a day we're on is a bare minimum for your body. For your health's sake you should try to get them in.

Good Luck Sweetie. Keep up the good fight.

Last edited by Operator265; 05-09-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #40  
Operator265

Uniqleeme-Just a little update to previous post. I got back to following the plan yesterday and getting all my meals in. The strips I talked about show my ketones are up to moderate now and I'm down 2 lbs. from yesterday. Ofcourse, you know the weight does just do that sometimes, but, the ketones were barely registering the night before last. I wish I had known about the strips when I started so I would know what they were at before everything went upside down around here. Just wanted to let you know what was happening. You'll have to take it for what it's worth knowing the factors involved and see how it goes for you.

Good Luck. Keep believing in yourself.

Last edited by Operator265; 05-09-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there! I'm back! Hopefully I'll be able to check in more often now.

Operator, thanks, the kitties are doing much better! Storm (the one that was sick) runs when she sees me now because I'm a "mean mommy" and give her medicine every 4 hours. Poor thing. She's under a lot of stress from being sick and has shed in patches the past few days. Her eye and ears are looking so much better though! She's not yowling through the night anymore, which is nice because at least I get some sleep. I can't imagine ever having a baby right now...I'd be a basket case from lack of sleep.

Mommy23Monkeys, thanks! I'm actually really proud of myself! I'm also a stress eater...I'm finding this the easiest plan ever to stick to. Anything else and I would have caved by now. Great job on the 10lb loss!!!

Jmc, happy birthday! I started on a Friday and I think it helped. A lot of people say they sleep a lot the first few days, but I didn't really find that to be true with me. Just take it easy the first few days. Good luck!

Uniqleeme, yes try to get all of your MF meals in. Not only do they provide needed calories, they also provide essential vitamins and minerals. If you are only getting 2 meals and 1 L&G, you're only getting about 500 calories a day...it's very likely you'll go into starvation mode and plateau, or even gain weight! If you have trouble getting them all in, try taking 2 MF meals at one time. That helps on days that I've missed a meal or two.

Alice, yeah I was worried about wanting to eat ALL of the muffins/brownies at once too. I don't have to make as many in advance and I usually will only allow myself to make the oatmeal into a "treat" about once a week and will only make a maximum of two servings at a time. That's what I like about the brownie recipe. I'll eat two...want the rest, but then I'll think about how nice it will be the next day to have a little treat too. Kind of like stretching out the yum! That usually helps me from binging on them. And really..they are good...but not like a real brownie so it's easier to resist eating them all at once.

Well...I didn't lose 3 lbs. this week, but I did lose 2.5 which is close enough for me! AND! I lost 3.25 inches so I know even if the pounds aren't falling off at least I'm toning up from my exercise. I'm really looking forward to getting out of my fat pants and into some of my "normal" pants! And even more into my "skinnies"!!! I'm really starting to believe I'll get there!

What kind of exercise is everyone doing? I'm thinking of starting the Couch to 5K that everyone on the MF forums are talking about. I kind of have my own version of the C25k using distance instead of time...I never knew anything like the C25K existed! I never was a runner, but started up in college since my roommate loved running at night and didn't like to go to the track by herself. I'd run intervals of 1/8 mile until I felt comfortable, the 1/4, etc. until I could run miles at a time without having to stop. I'd really like to get back into running and maybe do a 5K race!

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 05-09-2008 at 11:20 AM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh, yeah...I was wondering about the ketone strips! I'd heard people talking about them and thought about getting some to see how well into ketosis I am. Especially on the days when I've had a bit more carbs that I probably should. I'll have to remember to see if Tom Thumb or Wal-mart has them in the pharmacy section next time I go shopping...which should be today.

Also, I've been trying to find some of the SF flavored syrups, but I'm not having any luck! I've looked at Whole Foods, Tom Thumb, and Wal-Mart with no luck. Where are you guys buying them? I'll probably have to find this sugar free shop that I've heard is around here. I'm just lazy and don't want to go to more than one store when out shopping.

Edit: Oh, yeah..I just added the brownie recipe to the recipe sticky, so it's easier to find now! I'm glad you liked it Operator!

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 05-09-2008 at 11:44 AM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #43  
Operator265

Hey, Lili. Welcome Back and for your kitty and the 2.5 lbs this week. That's a big accomplishment with the week you're having.

There's a 5k run posted on the support thread that I'm going to try to do. You basically do it where you are and the "Rules" are very liberal. It's more of a way of getting you started. Then, you post your results.

Mostly, i've just been walking to start with. I also bought "The Body Sculpting Bible for Women" in order to start adding weight training in. I can't find my "Tai Chi in a Chair" book right now, but I'm sure I will before I go back to work Sunday night.

Good to hear from you and glad things are going better.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #44  

Lili, the SF syrups are sold at the local grocery stores here, in the aisle with the coffee and teas. They also sell them at local coffeeshops.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #45  
Operator265

Lili-I saw your Sticky. Good job. I think the strips should be in the pharmacy dept. anywhere, if not I got them at Walgreen's. You may have to get the from the pharmasists. The rules are getting weird on OTC stuff.

Like Jen said, I can get about 4 flavors of Torani's syrups at the supermarket. I've talked to a gourmet store on the phone that said they had more, but i haven't had a chance to check it out. I also saw a site on the web that sells 750ml bottles of all of the DaVinci's for $3.50 a bottle and up. Try Googgling "DaVinci SF Syrup's". only thing was the shipping was a little outrageous. But if that's the only way.

Jen-I APPRECIATE YOU!!! Thanks for being a teacher. Good job fighting off the temptation.

Love Y'all